Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you here?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I use to come on flight rising to make pairs, update my hatchery, and talk nonsense on forums.

Now the hatchery was kind of a pain to run so I ended up closing it and the staff just changed the forums so general discussion is just games and hobbies and nothing I particularly care to talk about. I still have forum games, but they're the same old same old games, you know?

I want to find some new things to do but now I feel so limited. Is it just me or had they just added a journal section on forums (which I thought was so great) and they just as quickly said journals are also no longer allowed?

Anyway what keeps you coming back to flight rising?

I use to come on flight rising to make pairs, update my hatchery, and talk nonsense on forums.

Now the hatchery was kind of a pain to run so I ended up closing it and the staff just changed the forums so general discussion is just games and hobbies and nothing I particularly care to talk about. I still have forum games, but they're the same old same old games, you know?

I want to find some new things to do but now I feel so limited. Is it just me or had they just added a journal section on forums (which I thought was so great) and they just as quickly said journals are also no longer allowed?

Anyway what keeps you coming back to flight rising?

QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
It's become a habit I can't break. It's also probably a bad habit; I come on here to procrastinate and not do anything productive. I have a few friends I chat with every now and then and a few things to run, but other than that not much.

Which is sad. :/
It's become a habit I can't break. It's also probably a bad habit; I come on here to procrastinate and not do anything productive. I have a few friends I chat with every now and then and a few things to run, but other than that not much.

Which is sad. :/
uCR5SCW.png
Lore writing, dragon collecting with parameters, and random challenges. All else fails, you could try writing lore for a dragon in the style of a daily diary- it's actually quite fun. Letters from hatchlings are also good ways to keep busy.
Lore writing, dragon collecting with parameters, and random challenges. All else fails, you could try writing lore for a dragon in the style of a daily diary- it's actually quite fun. Letters from hatchlings are also good ways to keep busy.
Alliud.png 2692AT93z7j1Iz1H9pK-sm.png
The aspect of collecting enough currency to trade off if i ever lose interest, I guess. Meaning I'm glad they allow offsite trading as I'm mainly here to make bank and trade for other sites that may interest me more.
Other than that, maybe the aspect of completion? Dunno.
The aspect of collecting enough currency to trade off if i ever lose interest, I guess. Meaning I'm glad they allow offsite trading as I'm mainly here to make bank and trade for other sites that may interest me more.
Other than that, maybe the aspect of completion? Dunno.
Breeding dragons, prettying my dragons with apparel, the Dragon Share section, helping with dom, writing lore, and acquiring funds to pretty dragons with.
Breeding dragons, prettying my dragons with apparel, the Dragon Share section, helping with dom, writing lore, and acquiring funds to pretty dragons with.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
I actually don't fancy writing so much, I've worked on a lot of extra little things with dragons but I've exhausted the small bits of fun I got out of it. I'll still make pairs, but I don't chat with any person in particular here either
I actually don't fancy writing so much, I've worked on a lot of extra little things with dragons but I've exhausted the small bits of fun I got out of it. I'll still make pairs, but I don't chat with any person in particular here either
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
Lore + chatting with people. And buying art. I don't enjoy breeding. I don't want more dragons than the 21 permas I have. Dom bores me. I have pretty accents for everyone, so that's not a thing anymore.

But writing stuff is interesting, or thinking about ways things might work or happen. + talking about that.
Lore + chatting with people. And buying art. I don't enjoy breeding. I don't want more dragons than the 21 permas I have. Dom bores me. I have pretty accents for everyone, so that's not a thing anymore.

But writing stuff is interesting, or thinking about ways things might work or happen. + talking about that.
iXNOttm.gif
The ever-expanding bestiary, G1s, UM accents, good friends, and in general it's a time waster that helps wind me down after work.
The ever-expanding bestiary, G1s, UM accents, good friends, and in general it's a time waster that helps wind me down after work.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
I have no interest in dom, I suppose I will wind up getting bored enough to look into it. I doubt I'll actually get into it though. I don't really like the whole idea of it.

I do enjoy breeding but it's the only thing I seem to lean towards goal wise. Without the community I'd probably have quit already.

I was just really connected to the general discussion thread and I've had multiple threads locked now because they only allow game and hobby talks. There goes that.
I have no interest in dom, I suppose I will wind up getting bored enough to look into it. I doubt I'll actually get into it though. I don't really like the whole idea of it.

I do enjoy breeding but it's the only thing I seem to lean towards goal wise. Without the community I'd probably have quit already.

I was just really connected to the general discussion thread and I've had multiple threads locked now because they only allow game and hobby talks. There goes that.
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
I come back for my dragons and the possibility of new hatchlings with unusual patterns or colours. I used to come here for the friends I made but they're never around or don't talk anymore. No matter. I love FR anyhow and will play it on my own.
I come back for my dragons and the possibility of new hatchlings with unusual patterns or colours. I used to come here for the friends I made but they're never around or don't talk anymore. No matter. I love FR anyhow and will play it on my own.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
1 2 3 4 5 6