Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New AH interface is inconvenient
1 2 3 4
The lack of dragon previews, odd spacing, and general messiness of it is really off putting. The dragon icons are WAY too tiny and it's really hard to tell what I'm looking at. It gets annoying having to open all the dragons in new tabs, just to discover they're not nearly as pretty as I had thought. Everytime I think of looking at dergs on the AH, I remember the new interface, cringe, and then decide to browse the dragon sales forums instead. I hate how the search parameters automatically collapse with no way to keep it permanently open, and just the general layout of it it. Just... yikes. However, I absolutely LOVE that I can now search for dergs by level and whether they're RTB or not. But yeah, I really hope they update the overall layout because this one looks like a big step backwards.
The lack of dragon previews, odd spacing, and general messiness of it is really off putting. The dragon icons are WAY too tiny and it's really hard to tell what I'm looking at. It gets annoying having to open all the dragons in new tabs, just to discover they're not nearly as pretty as I had thought. Everytime I think of looking at dergs on the AH, I remember the new interface, cringe, and then decide to browse the dragon sales forums instead. I hate how the search parameters automatically collapse with no way to keep it permanently open, and just the general layout of it it. Just... yikes. However, I absolutely LOVE that I can now search for dergs by level and whether they're RTB or not. But yeah, I really hope they update the overall layout because this one looks like a big step backwards.
♥ She/her ♥ +0 FR ♥ Commissions open ♥

34802474_2Vk.png
The only two things I find inconvenient is that the search screen auto-closes. I actually like the idea of puting it on the bottom. The other is hatchling dragons no longer sort oldest first at a given price point.
The only two things I find inconvenient is that the search screen auto-closes. I actually like the idea of puting it on the bottom. The other is hatchling dragons no longer sort oldest first at a given price point.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
the only thing that bothers me is the excessive refreshing. why add more refreshes...?? makes listing a bunch of individual items super inconvenient.

the layout doesn't really bother me tho. a tickbox to keep the search bar open might be nice, but personally i don't think it's the most irksome part of the update.
the only thing that bothers me is the excessive refreshing. why add more refreshes...?? makes listing a bunch of individual items super inconvenient.

the layout doesn't really bother me tho. a tickbox to keep the search bar open might be nice, but personally i don't think it's the most irksome part of the update.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Nobody is comfortable of change at first :) You just have to get used to it!
Nobody is comfortable of change at first :) You just have to get used to it!
giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif
Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan of it. Like I love the added search features and the improved relisting and notifications. But the interface, especially when searching for dragons is pretty scary looking. I'm not a huge fan of how it collapses, and I wish it just stayed on the side. I'm pretty sure I'll get used to it, but at least I'm not splurging as much.
Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan of it. Like I love the added search features and the improved relisting and notifications. But the interface, especially when searching for dragons is pretty scary looking. I'm not a huge fan of how it collapses, and I wish it just stayed on the side. I'm pretty sure I'll get used to it, but at least I'm not splurging as much.
|| Jasper • He/They • FR time + 3 ||
tumblr_oog6shfO5j1v8ho5io1_400.gif
Honestly I think if the actual search box was always availabe and there was a carat to expand search options, that would fix a lot of folks' issues right there. I'd definitely like to see a more condensed column for the results...but my biggest beef is how long it takes things to load now. I seriously can't even try to snipe dragons on my phone anymore because by the time it's done loading, the listing's already gone. And considering how much phone sniping I used to do, I can definitely say it's the site, not my connection. :(
Honestly I think if the actual search box was always availabe and there was a carat to expand search options, that would fix a lot of folks' issues right there. I'd definitely like to see a more condensed column for the results...but my biggest beef is how long it takes things to load now. I seriously can't even try to snipe dragons on my phone anymore because by the time it's done loading, the listing's already gone. And considering how much phone sniping I used to do, I can definitely say it's the site, not my connection. :(
9o5YF7O.png
I relisted all 100 of my auction items recently and..it takes about the same amount of time. The click to open up the interface after doing a price check search replaces the click to sort everything by price instead of expiration date. There is definitely added time to scroll down, but you also don't have to go into messages if you find an item for cheap during price checking.. so shrug? It's about the same timewise.
I relisted all 100 of my auction items recently and..it takes about the same amount of time. The click to open up the interface after doing a price check search replaces the click to sort everything by price instead of expiration date. There is definitely added time to scroll down, but you also don't have to go into messages if you find an item for cheap during price checking.. so shrug? It's about the same timewise.
Yeah, I like the new features, but I wish they'd kept the old layout. This one is a pain and since it's existed, the site has been ridiculously slow for me and others.
Yeah, I like the new features, but I wish they'd kept the old layout. This one is a pain and since it's existed, the site has been ridiculously slow for me and others.
TBh4eRz.png
+8 FR Time
PWYW Name Shop | Little Moon Hatchery | PWYW Lore Shop | Wishlist
Willing to take back any dragons you've received from me!
I agree it's not pretty to look at and it takes more steps to find simple things but that dragon multi-color search feature is so nice.
I do hope they fix up the aesthetic and clutter
I agree it's not pretty to look at and it takes more steps to find simple things but that dragon multi-color search feature is so nice.
I do hope they fix up the aesthetic and clutter
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
I'm just not a fan of the collapsing search box :x Everything else is fine to me,
I'm just not a fan of the collapsing search box :x Everything else is fine to me,
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3 4