Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New AH interface is inconvenient
1 2 3 4
I mean really. Am I the only one who feels that way...?

There are meaningless blank gaps between the name of an item and its price in the item list. Not a best way to present matching item and prices, harder to tell them at the first sight.

And it makes search parameters be on the top of the AH interface, which is the worst part. Those Search parameters keep being folded, which is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally bothering when you search multiple times.

There is even no function to fixate it even if I reeeeeaaally want it not to be hidden for ever.

As a result, the height of AH became unnecessarily longer so I have to scroll down every time to see all listed items in one page. (I can only see ONE ITEM if I don't scroll down, omg)

Aaaaaaah I want my search parameters back on right side aaaaaaaah
I mean really. Am I the only one who feels that way...?

There are meaningless blank gaps between the name of an item and its price in the item list. Not a best way to present matching item and prices, harder to tell them at the first sight.

And it makes search parameters be on the top of the AH interface, which is the worst part. Those Search parameters keep being folded, which is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally bothering when you search multiple times.

There is even no function to fixate it even if I reeeeeaaally want it not to be hidden for ever.

As a result, the height of AH became unnecessarily longer so I have to scroll down every time to see all listed items in one page. (I can only see ONE ITEM if I don't scroll down, omg)

Aaaaaaah I want my search parameters back on right side aaaaaaaah
Perhaps you just have to get used to it? I find it soothing, but then again, I like all the options and such tailoring suites my personality.
Perhaps you just have to get used to it? I find it soothing, but then again, I like all the options and such tailoring suites my personality.
H01Ejx7.png
Getting used to it. I agree that it would be more convenient as a sidebar (looking at http://archiveofourown.org search panel/sidebar, which is also as intricate but is a sidebar!) but this ah iteration is far better than the one before.
Getting used to it. I agree that it would be more convenient as a sidebar (looking at http://archiveofourown.org search panel/sidebar, which is also as intricate but is a sidebar!) but this ah iteration is far better than the one before.
OcyPyoj.png
I'd love for the search interface to be placed at the bottom rather than the top. Would be nice to not have to scroll down every time I flip pages. So yeah, I agree. Over all tho, this is an improvement.
I'd love for the search interface to be placed at the bottom rather than the top. Would be nice to not have to scroll down every time I flip pages. So yeah, I agree. Over all tho, this is an improvement.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
I much preferred the side bar but I only used it for like 2 days before it changed :P I also think the white is way to bright, but otherwise all the functions are great!
I much preferred the side bar but I only used it for like 2 days before it changed :P I also think the white is way to bright, but otherwise all the functions are great!
FR +16
They/them or he/him
31611148.png
tumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.gif
@hayum this is basically exactly how I feel, I spend a lot of time in the AH and all that extra scrolling and clicking adds up, especially when I'm price checking dozens or even hundreds of items. x_x
@hayum this is basically exactly how I feel, I spend a lot of time in the AH and all that extra scrolling and clicking adds up, especially when I'm price checking dozens or even hundreds of items. x_x
tEwtpct.gifWV2VD4b.pngyoRZLpc.pngzG94Jt5.pngb8qjEOY.pngq9PcF0p.pngFLHsfAJ.png87jgBdZ.png8JHjuZG.pngPkMFYtF.pngDM58TaT.pngbe6Zt2m.png4EGSz48.png03krvWF.pngy1XO5ia.pngDr3zKMY.pngKgx1Oey.pngGh3Uv7j.png
@Mozzi Exactly. I used to put like 50~80 items and dragons at once, but now it became kinda torturing...I gave up.

I appreciate all the other improvements, yes, but sill, I don't think the new interface is the best and UX kindly designed. Even with all new convenient sides, inconvenience is still inconvenience and the unnecessary scrolling is unnecessary scrolling I have to do every time.
@Mozzi Exactly. I used to put like 50~80 items and dragons at once, but now it became kinda torturing...I gave up.

I appreciate all the other improvements, yes, but sill, I don't think the new interface is the best and UX kindly designed. Even with all new convenient sides, inconvenience is still inconvenience and the unnecessary scrolling is unnecessary scrolling I have to do every time.
The old AH felt like this when I was new, so i'm pretty sure with some time, and muscle memory it wont seem so slow and complicated.
The old AH felt like this when I was new, so i'm pretty sure with some time, and muscle memory it wont seem so slow and complicated.
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="DivineLush" date=2017-03-22 01:41:08] Perhaps you just have to get used to it? I find it soothing, but then again, I like all the options and such tailoring suites my personality. [/quote][quote name="Metalhead" date=2017-03-22 02:03:18] I'd love for the search interface to be placed at the bottom rather than the top. Would be nice to not have to scroll down every time I flip pages. So yeah, I agree. Over all tho, this is an improvement. [/quote][quote name="catalysms" date=2017-03-22 02:34:51] I much preferred the side bar but I only used it for like 2 days before it changed :P I also think the white is way to bright, but otherwise all the functions are great! [/quote] Am I the only one who likes it at the top? Side was fine, but I'd definitely lose my mind if it was a bottom bar. I also think you'll just have to get used to it. They might make an option to make the bar stay open, but I doubt it. I think this new auction house layout looks much better. I don't know what you mean by "There are meaningless blank gaps between the name of an item and its price in the item list. Not a best way to present matching item and prices, harder to tell them at the first sight." I can see where everything is just fine.
DivineLush wrote on 2017-03-22:
Metalhead wrote on 2017-03-22:
catalysms wrote on 2017-03-22:

Am I the only one who likes it at the top? Side was fine, but I'd definitely lose my mind if it was a bottom bar.

I also think you'll just have to get used to it. They might make an option to make the bar stay open, but I doubt it. I think this new auction house layout looks much better.

I don't know what you mean by "There are meaningless blank gaps between the name of an item and its price in the item list. Not a best way to present matching item and prices, harder to tell them at the first sight." I can see where everything is just fine.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I like the new functionality, but it looks like trash. There's way too much information to take in at once, scattered all over the page. I really miss the condensed version we had before. This version just looks like unstructured nonsense. I can't focus on just the AH like I used to, now that it's no longer in a box and cut-and-dried.

I'm sure with use that I'll become accustomed to it, but it looks like a lot like the other "user marketplace" interfaces I've run into on other petsites and avoided because it was so user unfriendly and gross looking.
I like the new functionality, but it looks like trash. There's way too much information to take in at once, scattered all over the page. I really miss the condensed version we had before. This version just looks like unstructured nonsense. I can't focus on just the AH like I used to, now that it's no longer in a box and cut-and-dried.

I'm sure with use that I'll become accustomed to it, but it looks like a lot like the other "user marketplace" interfaces I've run into on other petsites and avoided because it was so user unfriendly and gross looking.
FR time +2
1 2 3 4