Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Foray into Fire
1 2
[center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=7][color=orange]A Foray into Fire[/color][/size] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]What is this?[/color][/size] This is part 3 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2126757][color=0000FF][u]here[/u][/color][/url], where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did [i]not[/i] expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger! Also, I've created a hub thread for all of these flight reports! You can find that [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2133412]here![/url] (I'm playing around with formats, trying to change the order around so it makes more sense. Please let me know if this works better than the previous two!) (I think I took too much out of the second two categories to put into the first... This may be subject to change) [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]- Flight Allegiance -[/color][/size] 11 out of 200 users polled (5.5%) came from Fire For the most part, Embers join the Fire flight because they feel it aligns with their passionate personality. Fire also has a popular aesthetic and eye color. When asked to rank their allegiance to Fire on a scale of 1 to 5, a majority responded with 4's and 5's, with a single 3. Fire flight's average allegiance wound up at 4.18 out of 5 Only three Embers originally belonged to other flights: 1 each from Light, Wind, and Arcane. They generally switched for the overall aesthetic, or the community. Members of the Fire flight can usually pride themselves on their small (but [i]warm[/i] and friendly) community, and their overall lava/volcano theme Of all the Flights that tempt Embers to leave, Light is the most popular due to their constant dominance, followed by a three-way tie for Shadow, Plague, and Wind. While some may be tempted to leave, the close-knit and passionate Fire community keep their Embers in place, alongside a strong love for their aesthetic and eye color. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]- Who are they? -[/color][/size] Embers are generally seen as being very passionate people. Their community is commonly described as being very [i]warm[/i] and welcoming, although somewhat small. The Fire community seems to be a nice middle-ground: small enough to feel personal, but not big enough to feel flooded. I also learned about an apparently popular Fire subspecies/meme: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1363513]Flambebes[/url]! [quote=Coolkid]A Flambebe is a blue-range basic primary/secondary, and an orange-range tertiary. Used to be they had to be all basic, I don't know who made up the lore for having tertiaries, but I guess I'm just a stickler for tradition since it used to be basic only. It all started with a Russian accent. It's not really a subspecies, though, more of a meme.[/quote] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]- What do they do? -[/color][/size] 7 out of the 11 Embers polled said they spend a good amount of time in the coliseum, and dominance planners and writers were tied with the next largest group size Other groups mentioned include community raffles, art contests and groups, roleplay events resource banks, raffles, and plenty of groups and topics for new players. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]- Summary -[/color][/size] In general, Embers are a firey bunch, but their forums are frequently described as [i]warm[/i] and cozy (emphasis on the pun (their emphasis, not mine)), Their private forums seem to have a comfortable size, not small enough to be stagnant, but big enough to be flooded. Fire seems to have a few flight specific memes (burnt cookies & Flambebes being the big two). With a strong loyalty, most Embers were in Fire from the beginning, and the few that were drawn to other flights were drawn for the typical reasons. Members of the Fire flight are generally found in the coliseum, but you can easily find them planning dominance, writing, or in one of their many Flight events. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/fc3f8f8d7eac8b71b7f8eaf621997592/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png[/img] [size=6][color=orange]- Pinglist -[/color][/size] If you'd like to be added to the pinglist for future reports, click [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dmcx01oStWHxE9BJ71aYqp5c3oxN9SvFXjC0oshuv9w]here![/url] @acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @annathequeen @Apfelobst @Areater @Argante @ashnick @bisexuwhale @Bluekea @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @Fabro @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @Ivythorn @jd1620 @JohnThackery @JulietOfMayfair @Kairos @kas62000 @kas62000 @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PixelSpiral @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @queenmedusozoa @Raydioactive @Renmei @rexasaurus @Rosoidela @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TheAlchemist @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UnknownConcept @valarauka @Valemora @Valemora @WanderingTurtle @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma [/center]
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o3_500.png
A Foray into Fire

What is this?

This is part 3 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started
here, where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did not expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger!

Also, I've created a hub thread for all of these flight reports! You can find that here!

(I'm playing around with formats, trying to change the order around so it makes more sense. Please let me know if this works better than the previous two!)

(I think I took too much out of the second two categories to put into the first... This may be subject to change)

- Flight Allegiance -

11 out of 200 users polled (5.5%) came from Fire

For the most part, Embers join the Fire flight because they feel it aligns with their passionate personality. Fire also has a popular aesthetic and eye color.

When asked to rank their allegiance to Fire on a scale of 1 to 5, a majority responded with 4's and 5's, with a single 3. Fire flight's average allegiance wound up at 4.18 out of 5

Only three Embers originally belonged to other flights: 1 each from Light, Wind, and Arcane. They generally switched for the overall aesthetic, or the community.

Members of the Fire flight can usually pride themselves on their small (but warm and friendly) community, and their overall lava/volcano theme

Of all the Flights that tempt Embers to leave, Light is the most popular due to their constant dominance, followed by a three-way tie for Shadow, Plague, and Wind.

While some may be tempted to leave, the close-knit and passionate Fire community keep their Embers in place, alongside a strong love for their aesthetic and eye color.

- Who are they? -

Embers are generally seen as being very passionate people. Their community is commonly described as being very warm and welcoming, although somewhat small. The Fire community seems to be a nice middle-ground: small enough to feel personal, but not big enough to feel flooded.

I also learned about an apparently popular Fire subspecies/meme: Flambebes!
Coolkid wrote:
A Flambebe is a blue-range basic primary/secondary, and an orange-range tertiary. Used to be they had to be all basic, I don't know who made up the lore for having tertiaries, but I guess I'm just a stickler for tradition since it used to be basic only.
It all started with a Russian accent.
It's not really a subspecies, though, more of a meme.

- What do they do? -

7 out of the 11 Embers polled said they spend a good amount of time in the coliseum, and dominance planners and writers were tied with the next largest group size

Other groups mentioned include community raffles, art contests and groups, roleplay events resource banks, raffles, and plenty of groups and topics for new players.

- Summary -

In general, Embers are a firey bunch, but their forums are frequently described as warm and cozy (emphasis on the pun (their emphasis, not mine)), Their private forums seem to have a comfortable size, not small enough to be stagnant, but big enough to be flooded. Fire seems to have a few flight specific memes (burnt cookies & Flambebes being the big two). With a strong loyalty, most Embers were in Fire from the beginning, and the few that were drawn to other flights were drawn for the typical reasons. Members of the Fire flight are generally found in the coliseum, but you can easily find them planning dominance, writing, or in one of their many Flight events.

- Pinglist -

If you'd like to be added to the pinglist for future reports, click here!

@acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @annathequeen @Apfelobst @Areater @Argante @ashnick @bisexuwhale @Bluekea @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @Fabro @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @Ivythorn @jd1620 @JohnThackery @JulietOfMayfair @Kairos @kas62000 @kas62000 @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PixelSpiral @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @queenmedusozoa @Raydioactive @Renmei @rexasaurus @Rosoidela @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TheAlchemist @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UnknownConcept @valarauka @Valemora @Valemora @WanderingTurtle @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
niiice

i can feel the puns heating up from here
niiice

QQnBZuq.gif
I love this experiment so much, it's great to learn all these details about the flights, thanks so much for doing this!
I love this experiment so much, it's great to learn all these details about the flights, thanks so much for doing this!
darjeeling100_zpsdest5vhk.png

Juli •
21 •
she/her •
FR + 4 •
This was nICE but when will you do Ice?
This was nICE but when will you do Ice?
[quote name="acheronta" date=2017-03-04 18:42:26] niiice i can feel the puns heating up from here [/quote] youre on fire
acheronta wrote on 2017-03-04:
niiice

youre on fire
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
@LunaWard Ice is next actually! It's all going in alphabetic order
@LunaWard Ice is next actually! It's all going in alphabetic order

| ||
@EldritchCrowe
That's good to know! Thanks! Sorry I forgot I came across as rude, I just wanted to use Ice flight's favourite pun.
@EldritchCrowe
That's good to know! Thanks! Sorry I forgot I came across as rude, I just wanted to use Ice flight's favourite pun.
@LunaWard Nope, I didn't get any amounts of "rude" from that. I'm always up for twisting sentences for the sake of a good pun :^)
@LunaWard Nope, I didn't get any amounts of "rude" from that. I'm always up for twisting sentences for the sake of a good pun :^)

| ||
Love <3 I think "Summary -> Who are they -> What do they do -> Flight allegiance" would work best, tho. Feels like it flows more natural that way <:
Love <3 I think "Summary -> Who are they -> What do they do -> Flight allegiance" would work best, tho. Feels like it flows more natural that way <:
Hail Flambebe
Hail Flambebe
1 2