Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An Exploration in Earth
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=7][color=brown]An Exploration in Earth[/color][/size] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]What is this?[/color][/size] This is part 2 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2126757][color=0000FF][u]here[/u][/color][/url], where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did [i]not[/i] expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger! [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]- Flight Allegiance -[/color][/size] Out of all the users polled, 10 of them (5%) came from Earth. [size=2](Hey, there are more than 4 pebbles!)[/size] They were all asked to rank their allegiance to their flight on a scale of 1 to 5. Members of Earth are a very loyal group, with [i]every single user[/i] ranking their allegiance at a 4 or 5, with an average score of 4.5 7 out of the 10 Pebbles were initially in other flights. 3 from Wind, 2 from Arcane, and one each from Shadow and Plague. Members of Earth seem to hear about the Earth community, and make the switch from somewhere else. Earth was overwhelmingly described as a small, close-knit flight, with some even describing it as a close family. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]- What do they do? -[/color][/size] When asked what members of the Earth flight do in their spare time, a majority of them are either in the coliseum (4) or participating in dominance (3). Earth didn't seem to have many artists. I only recorded 1 artist and 2 writers, but their forums are a pretty popular place for Pebbles to spend their time (Although since there aren't many, the forums are really slow overall). Many Pebbles mentioned the amount of dominance groups. While Earth isn't one of the major dominance winning flights, it's not at all rare to see them in the top 3. When Pebbles get together for dominance, they're organized, and they have fun doing it. Threads specifically for new players are also a pretty large part of Earth. These include banks to help new players expand their lairs, collect apparel, and even assign them mentors. One group in particular even combines the love of dominance with the love of helping new players by taking money earned in profit pushes and donating it to members in order to expand their lairs. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]- Who are they? -[/color][/size] Pebbles [i]overwhelmingly[/i] reported their flight as being extremely small and close-knit. In fact, it seems to be the #1 stereotype of the flight. Some people joke about there only being 4 people in Earth, but in fact, [i]there are at least 10[/i]! In a community so small, everybody pretty much knows everybody, and it begins to feel much more like a family. Aside from their small size, Pebbles are generally thought to be older, or at least more mature. Sometimes seen as the grandparents or elders of all the flights. A small amount of Pebbles also mentioned being in Earth because of their love for Snapper dragons, and some swear by the adorable eye color. Sadly, not many people seem to care about Earthdad, because he was only mentioned once. Sorry, @Earthshaker. Pebbles were drawn to a few flights, generally keeping with a nature or earthy feel. Nature had 6 interested Pebbles, and Water and Light were tied for 2nd with 3 each. Almost every one of these users were drawn to these flights for their lore or general theme, and a few were interested in another small community to call home. For Pebbles, though, it is very hard to leave behind their family. The absolute hardest part about switching from Earth is leaving behind a very close-knit group of friends. Earth is relaxed and slow-paced, and everybody knows everybody. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]- Summary -[/color][/size] All in all, this is a very loyal and down-to-[i]Earth[/i] flight. Almost every single Pebble polled was excited to talk about how friendly and close their community is, and they all had very full and enthusiastic responses. As a whole, they showed the fabled maturity in their responses. It is a flight full of well-organized dominance groups, threads for new users, and places to help other Pebbles out with lair expansions or apparel. While some enjoy the earthy mountains aesthetic or the Snappers, or even the adorable or rare eye-color, the close-knit community is definitely the strongest feature of Earth. With an average flight loyalty of 4.5, and members overwhelmingly citing their small community, members of Earth are not unlike their titular element. Often overlooked, but solid, mature, and unmoving. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8958511ef5b451c888d66bda3d26487c/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=brown]- Pinglist -[/color][/size] @acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @argylion @Areater @ashnick @bisexuwhale @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @JohnThackery @Kairos @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @pyr0 @queenmedusozoa @Renmei @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UniqueZephlyn @UnknownConcept @Valemora @Valemora @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma [/center]
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o2_1280.png
An Exploration in Earth

What is this?

This is part 2 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started
here, where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did not expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger!

- Flight Allegiance -

Out of all the users polled, 10 of them (5%) came from Earth.
(Hey, there are more than 4 pebbles!)

They were all asked to rank their allegiance to their flight on a scale of 1 to 5.
Members of Earth are a very loyal group, with every single user ranking their allegiance at a 4 or 5, with an average score of 4.5

7 out of the 10 Pebbles were initially in other flights. 3 from Wind, 2 from Arcane, and one each from Shadow and Plague. Members of Earth seem to hear about the Earth community, and make the switch from somewhere else.

Earth was overwhelmingly described as a small, close-knit flight, with some even describing it as a close family.

- What do they do? -

When asked what members of the Earth flight do in their spare time, a majority of them are either in the coliseum (4) or participating in dominance (3).

Earth didn't seem to have many artists. I only recorded 1 artist and 2 writers, but their forums are a pretty popular place for Pebbles to spend their time (Although since there aren't many, the forums are really slow overall).

Many Pebbles mentioned the amount of dominance groups. While Earth isn't one of the major dominance winning flights, it's not at all rare to see them in the top 3. When Pebbles get together for dominance, they're organized, and they have fun doing it.

Threads specifically for new players are also a pretty large part of Earth. These include banks to help new players expand their lairs, collect apparel, and even assign them mentors.

One group in particular even combines the love of dominance with the love of helping new players by taking money earned in profit pushes and donating it to members in order to expand their lairs.

- Who are they? -

Pebbles overwhelmingly reported their flight as being extremely small and close-knit. In fact, it seems to be the #1 stereotype of the flight. Some people joke about there only being 4 people in Earth, but in fact, there are at least 10! In a community so small, everybody pretty much knows everybody, and it begins to feel much more like a family.

Aside from their small size, Pebbles are generally thought to be older, or at least more mature. Sometimes seen as the grandparents or elders of all the flights.

A small amount of Pebbles also mentioned being in Earth because of their love for Snapper dragons, and some swear by the adorable eye color. Sadly, not many people seem to care about Earthdad, because he was only mentioned once. Sorry, @Earthshaker.

Pebbles were drawn to a few flights, generally keeping with a nature or earthy feel. Nature had 6 interested Pebbles, and Water and Light were tied for 2nd with 3 each. Almost every one of these users were drawn to these flights for their lore or general theme, and a few were interested in another small community to call home.

For Pebbles, though, it is very hard to leave behind their family. The absolute hardest part about switching from Earth is leaving behind a very close-knit group of friends. Earth is relaxed and slow-paced, and everybody knows everybody.

- Summary -

All in all, this is a very loyal and down-to-Earth flight. Almost every single Pebble polled was excited to talk about how friendly and close their community is, and they all had very full and enthusiastic responses. As a whole, they showed the fabled maturity in their responses. It is a flight full of well-organized dominance groups, threads for new users, and places to help other Pebbles out with lair expansions or apparel. While some enjoy the earthy mountains aesthetic or the Snappers, or even the adorable or rare eye-color, the close-knit community is definitely the strongest feature of Earth.

With an average flight loyalty of 4.5, and members overwhelmingly citing their small community, members of Earth are not unlike their titular element. Often overlooked, but solid, mature, and unmoving.

- Pinglist -

@acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @argylion @Areater @ashnick @bisexuwhale @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @JohnThackery @Kairos @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @pyr0 @queenmedusozoa @Renmei @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UniqueZephlyn @UnknownConcept @Valemora @Valemora @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
very interesting!! i can see this helping folks out deciding to switch flights, and i think this is a really cute idea :-D thank you for compiling this!
very interesting!! i can see this helping folks out deciding to switch flights, and i think this is a really cute idea :-D thank you for compiling this!
PreE5U3.png
WE'RE MORE THAN TEN BECAUSE I FORGOT TO ANSWER THIS SURVEY

We're at least 11 :D
WE'RE MORE THAN TEN BECAUSE I FORGOT TO ANSWER THIS SURVEY

We're at least 11 :D
@Cyvia

Nice job dude! Keep up the good work!
@Cyvia

Nice job dude! Keep up the good work!
Counting the person above, there's actually at least twelve Pebbles because Gaia is also from Earth! <:
Counting the person above, there's actually at least twelve Pebbles because Gaia is also from Earth! <:
@Cyvia

You named @earthshaker wrong, he is not rockbreaker that is the festival.
But earth rocks pun intended
@Cyvia

You named @earthshaker wrong, he is not rockbreaker that is the festival.
But earth rocks pun intended

wingull_right_by_phantom_jade-d9524do.pngFR+8wingull_left_by_phantom_jade-d9524dk.png
Birb obsessed
@Soaringwingull I was afraid I got that wrong :|
Thanks for the heads-up!
@Soaringwingull I was afraid I got that wrong :|
Thanks for the heads-up!

| ||
@Cyvia

Aaaaah! Another heartwarming and interesting installment! My sister is actually in Earth as well! (even though she almost never plays anymore :c )

Although one thing of note: You accidentally called the Earthshaker "Rockbreaker" (Further adding to your point about how underappreciated he is xD)
@Cyvia

Aaaaah! Another heartwarming and interesting installment! My sister is actually in Earth as well! (even though she almost never plays anymore :c )

Although one thing of note: You accidentally called the Earthshaker "Rockbreaker" (Further adding to your point about how underappreciated he is xD)
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
@YaBoiGuzma I have no idea what you're talking about!

I wrote that, read it again!
You may have to refresh your page...
And ignore anything saying I made edits to the thread...

My bad :|
@YaBoiGuzma I have no idea what you're talking about!

I wrote that, read it again!
You may have to refresh your page...
And ignore anything saying I made edits to the thread...

My bad :|

| ||
@Cyvia

It might be an idea after what @pyr0 said and once you make all the reports to make a thread in the guide forum as a way to help people know what other flights are like.
Just an idea but thank you for doing this and sharing the results.
@Cyvia

It might be an idea after what @pyr0 said and once you make all the reports to make a thread in the guide forum as a way to help people know what other flights are like.
Just an idea but thank you for doing this and sharing the results.

wingull_right_by_phantom_jade-d9524do.pngFR+8wingull_left_by_phantom_jade-d9524dk.png
Birb obsessed
1 2 3 4 5 6