Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An Adventure in Arcane
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=7][color=#ff00ff]An Adventure in Arcane[/color][/size] [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]What is this?[/color][/size] This is part 1 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2126757][color=0000FF][u]here[/u][/color][/url], where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did [i]not[/i] expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger! [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]- Flight Allegiance -[/color][/size] Out of all the users polled, 19 of them (9.50%) came from Arcane. They were all asked to rank their allegiance to their flight on a scale of 1 to 5. Arcane, as a whole, averaged a allegiance score of 3.6 without a single "1" response, but only three "5" responses. Furthermore, 5 of the 19 Arcanites originally belonged to other flights. The #1 reason to switch to Arcane was Spacedad himself, followed by the friendly community, and finally the pink/glitter/space aesthetic. Everybody loves you @Arcanist! Almost everybody in arcane described the community as extremely friendly or supportive, often citing the lgbt+ groups or the newbie help threads. Fun fact: One user (who shall remain unpinged) joined Arcane [i]on accident[/i], but they stayed because the liked the Arcane aesthetic anyways. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]- What do they do? -[/color][/size] When asked what Arcanites do with their time, most of them spent their time in the Coliseum. In a three-way tie for second place are the writers, lurkers, and those focusing on dominance*. *This is ironic, because I also found that Arcanists are generally thought to be bad at dominance and organization in general. Arcane also is home to a Harry Potter themed dominance group, in which users are sorted into houses and compete for dominance within Arcane itself. The Scribbler is a weekly newsletter by Arcanites, for Arcanites. Writers will assemble with interviews and information about the goings-on here on Flight Rising. (Hey, maybe this will make it in?) Multiple users also reported a group specifically for [spoiler]___________[/spoiler]! EDIT: Actually is a secret. Sorry. :x Some of the lesser-mentioned groups include those for writers, artists, help for new players, funding for lair expansions, renting level 25 dragons, autism awareness, and even a group for awareness & help for those in chronic pain. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]- Who are they? -[/color][/size] From the date from the poll, Arcanites are a generally very friendly and all-inclusive bunch (and a bit nerdy). A few users reported feeling a sense of disorganization, howerver, along with talk of previous drama. Multiple users also stated that Arcane was basically a pink glittery Tumblr. When asked what other flights Arcanites may be drawn to, three in particular stood out in the results. Some users did not want to change flights, while others may have listed a few possible flights. Other flights were named a total of 25 times, with Light being the most popular (7), followed by a two-way tie for second between Shadow and Wind (4 each). As drawn to other flights as they may be, Arcanites had their reasons to stay as well. The general feel and friendliness was the #1 reason (7 results) to remain in Arcane. The lore and general theme was also a very popular reason to settle in (5 results). I think it's also worth noting that only one user out of 200 decided to friend me after this experiment, and they hailed from the Starfall Isles themselves. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]- Summary -[/color][/size] Arcanites overwhelmingly cited the active, friendly, and helpful community for being a major part of their flight. While they're basically never on the top half of the dominance leaderboards, they have a habit of sneaking up on the other flights suddenly and sporadically. Writers make up the biggest portion of Arcane's creatives, but artists aren't very far behind. Arcanites are heavily drawn to Light, but Spacedad, combined with the all-inclusive community, manage to keep them home. With their average allegiance score at 3.6, Arcanites definitely don't take their flight lightly, but they're not exactly die-hard patriots. Now, I'm not going to be able to do this for every flight, but I'm in Arcane, so I can speak for these results personally. In my ~8 months here, I've been in 2 different writing groups, and I am now a mentor in the Mentoring Mages. I've loved every interaction with Arcane, and it's not a flight I'd take leaving lightly. While I love my Spacedad, one other flight has grabbed my attention. I've been weighing the pros and cons of leaving Arcane [i]very heavily[/i]. From what I've experienced, these results are spot-on. Who knows? By the end of this report, I may be able to speak personally about another particularly shady community out there... (Oh, and to keep my personal biases out of the data, I didn't fill out my own survey.) (If anybody was curious) [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/7f7fa701b926da868c46a758b113541d/tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png[/img] [size=6][color=#ff00ff]- Pinglist -[/color][/size] @acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @Areater @ashnick @bisexuwhale @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @JohnThackery @Kairos @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @queenmedusozoa @Renmei @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UnknownConcept @Valemora @Valemora @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma Let me know what you guys think! If I need to change up any of my presentation, please let me know before Earth's report comes out! [/center]
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o1_1280.png
An Adventure in Arcane

What is this?

This is part 1 of a 12-part series I'm doing on the different flights! It started
here, where I polled 200 users on their flight, activities, and their perspectives on their flights. I initially expected 20 or so people to fill out my survey, but I ended up having to cut off submissions at 200! I did not expect so many people to deliver, but because they did, I'm making this into something much bigger!

- Flight Allegiance -

Out of all the users polled, 19 of them (9.50%) came from Arcane.

They were all asked to rank their allegiance to their flight on a scale of 1 to 5.
Arcane, as a whole, averaged a allegiance score of 3.6 without a single "1" response, but only three "5" responses.

Furthermore, 5 of the 19 Arcanites originally belonged to other flights. The #1 reason to switch to Arcane was Spacedad himself, followed by the friendly community, and finally the pink/glitter/space aesthetic. Everybody loves you @Arcanist!

Almost everybody in arcane described the community as extremely friendly or supportive, often citing the lgbt+ groups or the newbie help threads.

Fun fact: One user (who shall remain unpinged) joined Arcane on accident, but they stayed because the liked the Arcane aesthetic anyways.

- What do they do? -

When asked what Arcanites do with their time, most of them spent their time in the Coliseum. In a three-way tie for second place are the writers, lurkers, and those focusing on dominance*.

*This is ironic, because I also found that Arcanists are generally thought to be bad at dominance and organization in general.

Arcane also is home to a Harry Potter themed dominance group, in which users are sorted into houses and compete for dominance within Arcane itself.

The Scribbler is a weekly newsletter by Arcanites, for Arcanites. Writers will assemble with interviews and information about the goings-on here on Flight Rising. (Hey, maybe this will make it in?)

Multiple users also reported a group specifically for ___________! EDIT: Actually is a secret. Sorry. :x

Some of the lesser-mentioned groups include those for writers, artists, help for new players, funding for lair expansions, renting level 25 dragons, autism awareness, and even a group for awareness & help for those in chronic pain.

- Who are they? -

From the date from the poll, Arcanites are a generally very friendly and all-inclusive bunch (and a bit nerdy). A few users reported feeling a sense of disorganization, howerver, along with talk of previous drama.

Multiple users also stated that Arcane was basically a pink glittery Tumblr.

When asked what other flights Arcanites may be drawn to, three in particular stood out in the results. Some users did not want to change flights, while others may have listed a few possible flights. Other flights were named a total of 25 times, with Light being the most popular (7), followed by a two-way tie for second between Shadow and Wind (4 each).

As drawn to other flights as they may be, Arcanites had their reasons to stay as well. The general feel and friendliness was the #1 reason (7 results) to remain in Arcane. The lore and general theme was also a very popular reason to settle in (5 results).

I think it's also worth noting that only one user out of 200 decided to friend me after this experiment, and they hailed from the Starfall Isles themselves.

- Summary -

Arcanites overwhelmingly cited the active, friendly, and helpful community for being a major part of their flight. While they're basically never on the top half of the dominance leaderboards, they have a habit of sneaking up on the other flights suddenly and sporadically. Writers make up the biggest portion of Arcane's creatives, but artists aren't very far behind. Arcanites are heavily drawn to Light, but Spacedad, combined with the all-inclusive community, manage to keep them home. With their average allegiance score at 3.6, Arcanites definitely don't take their flight lightly, but they're not exactly die-hard patriots.

Now, I'm not going to be able to do this for every flight, but I'm in Arcane, so I can speak for these results personally. In my ~8 months here, I've been in 2 different writing groups, and I am now a mentor in the Mentoring Mages. I've loved every interaction with Arcane, and it's not a flight I'd take leaving lightly.
While I love my Spacedad, one other flight has grabbed my attention. I've been weighing the pros and cons of leaving Arcane very heavily. From what I've experienced, these results are spot-on. Who knows? By the end of this report, I may be able to speak personally about another particularly shady community out there...

(Oh, and to keep my personal biases out of the data, I didn't fill out my own survey.)
(If anybody was curious)

- Pinglist -

@acheronta @After @Allunar @Amorah @Areater @ashnick @bisexuwhale @browncoatparadox @ChiefHopper @Cinderfire @Codeine @cosmoknight @Dreamweave @DuskyFlareon @ErinQuotefinder @Ern @ExistentialAlex @ExpectInsanity @FairyoftheMoon @Farsight @FeatherAsh @FreckledGhost @gardenvoir @Iceluoxue @JohnThackery @Kairos @Katargo @Katsuokai @kjelle @KyloRen @Lilydew @LostVices @Maririn @Mayorati @melodlily @Merminea @Murakali @mweep @Nightshades @oflgtfol @Peachycupcake525 @Phenix @PlatinumDream @porl @PrinceLithuania @queenmedusozoa @Renmei @sagaxi @saphariadragon @ScarletTheDragon @Shadifax @Sinfony @Sleeps @Soaringwingull @SoullessRogue @Spiderbee @StarriannaFlare @Tahoma @Tahoma @TimeWatcher @treesponge @Umberink @UnknownConcept @Valemora @Valemora @Winterloper @xyliacera @YaBoiGuzma

Let me know what you guys think! If I need to change up any of my presentation, please let me know before Earth's report comes out!
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
I feel like I know a lot more about Arcane now than I did before!

Love the layout of this :D Looking forward to the next one!
I feel like I know a lot more about Arcane now than I did before!

Love the layout of this :D Looking forward to the next one!
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
At the end, you should do a compilation of the results in the guides forums! :D
At the end, you should do a compilation of the results in the guides forums! :D
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
Ooh, yes this is definitely cool, it's interesting to see other people's thoughts on flights/their flight having never left my own~ the layout is just fine too, can't think of anything to change
Ooh, yes this is definitely cool, it's interesting to see other people's thoughts on flights/their flight having never left my own~ the layout is just fine too, can't think of anything to change
jKNxJDc.png 93911943.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
DID I HEAR "HARRY POTTER THEMED DOMINANCE GROUP"?

Please excuse me while I frantically save up 1500 gems to move to Arcane next month.
DID I HEAR "HARRY POTTER THEMED DOMINANCE GROUP"?

Please excuse me while I frantically save up 1500 gems to move to Arcane next month.
slytherin_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjnhh.pngravenclaw_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjni2.pnghufflepuff_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjnit.pnggryffindor_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjniz.png
@Cyvia

could i be added to the pinglist ? :0
@Cyvia

could i be added to the pinglist ? :0
257.png he/they
FR+0
quest thread
friend RQs ok!
Ooohh! This is so cool. I'm glad to see the results of your survey. :)
Ooohh! This is so cool. I'm glad to see the results of your survey. :)
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
this is so neat, i can't wait for plague's results!
nice job <3
this is so neat, i can't wait for plague's results!
nice job <3
tumblr_ogwj7utkfH1s191fao1_250.pngwpEE9mo.pngtumblr_ogwj85DnQX1s191fao1_250.png
@vainqueurs Hey, you're in charge of the Arcane House Cup right?

@lumiinosity here seems to have a sliiiight interest in that if you wanted to tell him more about it c:

@cosmoknight sure could! Adding you now

@DarknessReborn this is a 12-part series, but there's only 11 flights ;^)
Wait... I thought I wrote somewhere in there that it's going to be a 12-parter. May have to edit that in
EDIT: There it is. There are a few statistics I'm keeping secret until the final part, along with awarding accolades to outstanding flights!
@vainqueurs Hey, you're in charge of the Arcane House Cup right?

@lumiinosity here seems to have a sliiiight interest in that if you wanted to tell him more about it c:

@cosmoknight sure could! Adding you now

@DarknessReborn this is a 12-part series, but there's only 11 flights ;^)
Wait... I thought I wrote somewhere in there that it's going to be a 12-parter. May have to edit that in
EDIT: There it is. There are a few statistics I'm keeping secret until the final part, along with awarding accolades to outstanding flights!
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
I would love to see the rest of this series! Looks fantastic so far
I would love to see the rest of this series! Looks fantastic so far
goSc2L4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8