Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is your clan lore?
1 2 3 4
@Avani
My lore is kinda ????? at the moment (maybe it's because i haven't actually written anything yet :'/ ) but as of now it's basically "Local disappointment ice spirit attempts to destroy the clan from the inside out; shenanigans ensue shortly after"

As for inspiration for lore, mine just.. developed by itself??? Perhaps if you're still having trouble with lore, you can focus more on development of individual characters, and remove or add characters in order to create an overall story that's both cohesive and appeals to your tastes. I tend to like vagabonds/pirates/thieves/etc., so my progens/clan leaders are very sneaky-type characters with an intense love for treasure. Assuming that you like the theme of a kingdom, maybe see which of your dragons would be best suited for an aristocratic/kingdom-related role :>
@Avani
My lore is kinda ????? at the moment (maybe it's because i haven't actually written anything yet :'/ ) but as of now it's basically "Local disappointment ice spirit attempts to destroy the clan from the inside out; shenanigans ensue shortly after"

As for inspiration for lore, mine just.. developed by itself??? Perhaps if you're still having trouble with lore, you can focus more on development of individual characters, and remove or add characters in order to create an overall story that's both cohesive and appeals to your tastes. I tend to like vagabonds/pirates/thieves/etc., so my progens/clan leaders are very sneaky-type characters with an intense love for treasure. Assuming that you like the theme of a kingdom, maybe see which of your dragons would be best suited for an aristocratic/kingdom-related role :>
@Avani

I have Clan lore, but it's heavily wip (work in progress) ;; mostly my Matriarch's origins as of now, which is a four-parter, but feel free to read, if you'd like ^^ (FR tumblr link)

As for dragon bios, I have Gale, Aeolus, and Storm done, the first three dragons in my lair c: I need to get them done before a certain date for personal reasons, but I never get the time to (or inspiration, mostly) ;n;
@Avani

I have Clan lore, but it's heavily wip (work in progress) ;; mostly my Matriarch's origins as of now, which is a four-parter, but feel free to read, if you'd like ^^ (FR tumblr link)

As for dragon bios, I have Gale, Aeolus, and Storm done, the first three dragons in my lair c: I need to get them done before a certain date for personal reasons, but I never get the time to (or inspiration, mostly) ;n;
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her
@Avani
Mine started as a single sentence in Amara's bio, then a blurb on my profile page, and expanded from there. I think the next thing I did after deciding Ambros was a healer was putting together stuff based off what happened to my coli team during boss fights. Hauki had lore around the same time, after that I don't remember who got lore when other than Terisa's being the most recent. Mine started by itself because I rp a lot in chats and such and was using coli. I'm not sure how many dragons of mine have a paragraph or more but a bunch of them have something even if it's just a few sentences.
@Avani
Mine started as a single sentence in Amara's bio, then a blurb on my profile page, and expanded from there. I think the next thing I did after deciding Ambros was a healer was putting together stuff based off what happened to my coli team during boss fights. Hauki had lore around the same time, after that I don't remember who got lore when other than Terisa's being the most recent. Mine started by itself because I rp a lot in chats and such and was using coli. I'm not sure how many dragons of mine have a paragraph or more but a bunch of them have something even if it's just a few sentences.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
@Avani

My clan is made up of creatures and monsters that take on the form of dragons. The only actual dragon in the clan is Sylvus, one of the founders.

Anathema, the founder and leader, was the one to claim an old cathedral from the Second Age as her territory, and then Sylvus somehow got on her good side and never left, and he kept dragging home other creatures, and then they somehow became a clan. Mostly thanks to Sylvus' pestering of Anathema. Also at this point they've become a bit cult-like due to the leader's fanatic devotion to the Shadowbinder, honestly.

So far only Anathema and Nameless have finished lore, while Dysmorpha and Sylvus have half-finished stories. I also have a lore thread I'm working on that'll have most of the info for my clan compiled there.

Also I the whole reason behind my lore is because I really hecking love monsters and stuff and just yes.
@Avani

My clan is made up of creatures and monsters that take on the form of dragons. The only actual dragon in the clan is Sylvus, one of the founders.

Anathema, the founder and leader, was the one to claim an old cathedral from the Second Age as her territory, and then Sylvus somehow got on her good side and never left, and he kept dragging home other creatures, and then they somehow became a clan. Mostly thanks to Sylvus' pestering of Anathema. Also at this point they've become a bit cult-like due to the leader's fanatic devotion to the Shadowbinder, honestly.

So far only Anathema and Nameless have finished lore, while Dysmorpha and Sylvus have half-finished stories. I also have a lore thread I'm working on that'll have most of the info for my clan compiled there.

Also I the whole reason behind my lore is because I really hecking love monsters and stuff and just yes.
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
Mine is basically just land-hungry dragons, constantly fighting for more space and either assimilating or murdering clans that refuse to join.

so basically imperialism I guess
Mine is basically just land-hungry dragons, constantly fighting for more space and either assimilating or murdering clans that refuse to join.

so basically imperialism I guess
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Avani
My clan, lore-wise, was started in the very early days of the flights. Early Plague dragons were seen as the strongest type, but the early Lightning dragons saw this as an opportunity for more (dragonpower?) manpower. They begin capturing them, witch eventually leads to an all it war between the two flights, and an Emperor being created and killed in the process. The leader of my clan crawls out from inside the Emperor after it dies (it makes a lot more sense if you read it here) and claims the war ground as her clan's territory. Eventually, survivors of the battle are rounded up and welcomed into the clan (including lightning dragons), and that is how the clan actually starts.

Everything else is just my dragon's interactions with each other, for example, Altumlocus (my clan's judge), and Visceral (my clan's executioner) being BJPs (best justice pals).
@Avani
My clan, lore-wise, was started in the very early days of the flights. Early Plague dragons were seen as the strongest type, but the early Lightning dragons saw this as an opportunity for more (dragonpower?) manpower. They begin capturing them, witch eventually leads to an all it war between the two flights, and an Emperor being created and killed in the process. The leader of my clan crawls out from inside the Emperor after it dies (it makes a lot more sense if you read it here) and claims the war ground as her clan's territory. Eventually, survivors of the battle are rounded up and welcomed into the clan (including lightning dragons), and that is how the clan actually starts.

Everything else is just my dragon's interactions with each other, for example, Altumlocus (my clan's judge), and Visceral (my clan's executioner) being BJPs (best justice pals).
she/her || 18 || FR +3:00 || sagittarius
My clan basically 1.) Runs an exalt training centre, 2.) seeks a cure for the Shade and 3.) wars with the Beastclans. The full blurb is on my profile page.

A lot of my dragons have their personal lore attached to the clan, but I keep a whole lot of joke dragons too that are basically just there 8'B
My clan basically 1.) Runs an exalt training centre, 2.) seeks a cure for the Shade and 3.) wars with the Beastclans. The full blurb is on my profile page.

A lot of my dragons have their personal lore attached to the clan, but I keep a whole lot of joke dragons too that are basically just there 8'B
Thank you for all the comments! I've been reading as much as I can, loving the diversity!
Thank you for all the comments! I've been reading as much as I can, loving the diversity!
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
I have most of my lore planned out, but so far only about 30 of my dragons actually have their lore written down, and some of these bios really need some updates (since my English wasn't as good as it is now back when I wrote them, or because their lore changed a lot in the last two years.)

The clan was founded my Aria and Asperitus, who were at first only trying to create a save haven for those who had been exiled, lost their homes, were deemed too strange and shunned by everyone else or just dragons who were looking for a new home. Aria herself had been exiled from her former clan because she was deemed "too dangerous", and since she was Asperitus' charge, he followed her into exile. Heatstrike was one of the first dragons they met, and they also mingled a bit with my best friend's clan (we still have to figure all of the details out).

As my clan grew bigger, things started to change; getting enough food and treasure to keep everyone well and happy was getting increasingly harder, so my clan started to rob other clans - thus, the "Cloudscrape Marauders" came into existence. At first, they tried not to harm other dragons more than necessary, mostly for selfish reasons, though. Back then, none of my dragons really liked the idea of being "bad guys".

However, Aria and her clan grew ever more power hungry and expanded their territory; they started working together with a clan of dunhoof centaurs, a relationship that lasts until today. But as their hunger for power grew and the more dragons and beastclan started to know about them, the more eyes started to look into their direction - until one day, Barachiel showed up and overthrew the whole clan, and became the new leader.

Since then, the Cloudscrape Marauders have been merciless bandits; they steal, they kill, they even take hatchlings to raise them as one of their own. They take more than they need and have become quite a greedy bunch - only a small number of the original dragons are still there. and most of them have changed their minds about being the "bad guys" completely.

Aria didn't believe in the Deities at all, and neither do a lot of my other dragons, Barachiel however, does believe in the Deities, and she wishes to overthrow the Icewarden one day. Though first, she has to take control of the Fortress of Ends, a process that started when Aria was still in charge. My clan is quite famous among other clans, and there are many stories about sunken ships and clans that fell into ruin in one day because of the Red Conqueror and her followers.

Recently, I got an idea for another side plot, which is that Morgo, an ancient deity, was accidentally brought back to life by Deimos (my necromancer), and started to gain more and more followers ... as he became stronger, he started to create his own dragons, some of which are even part of my clan, who are now causing trouble. What exactly Morgo wants is still unclear, but it looks like he wants to overthrow the clan, and his power is starting to threaten Barachiel's leadership.

The lore of my individual dragons rarely touches on those subjects, however, and focusses more on the personality and abilities of the dragon itself. Barachiel and Aria definitely will have more details on my lore in their bios, as might have a few of my other dragons, but I have to write their bios first, haha.
I have most of my lore planned out, but so far only about 30 of my dragons actually have their lore written down, and some of these bios really need some updates (since my English wasn't as good as it is now back when I wrote them, or because their lore changed a lot in the last two years.)

The clan was founded my Aria and Asperitus, who were at first only trying to create a save haven for those who had been exiled, lost their homes, were deemed too strange and shunned by everyone else or just dragons who were looking for a new home. Aria herself had been exiled from her former clan because she was deemed "too dangerous", and since she was Asperitus' charge, he followed her into exile. Heatstrike was one of the first dragons they met, and they also mingled a bit with my best friend's clan (we still have to figure all of the details out).

As my clan grew bigger, things started to change; getting enough food and treasure to keep everyone well and happy was getting increasingly harder, so my clan started to rob other clans - thus, the "Cloudscrape Marauders" came into existence. At first, they tried not to harm other dragons more than necessary, mostly for selfish reasons, though. Back then, none of my dragons really liked the idea of being "bad guys".

However, Aria and her clan grew ever more power hungry and expanded their territory; they started working together with a clan of dunhoof centaurs, a relationship that lasts until today. But as their hunger for power grew and the more dragons and beastclan started to know about them, the more eyes started to look into their direction - until one day, Barachiel showed up and overthrew the whole clan, and became the new leader.

Since then, the Cloudscrape Marauders have been merciless bandits; they steal, they kill, they even take hatchlings to raise them as one of their own. They take more than they need and have become quite a greedy bunch - only a small number of the original dragons are still there. and most of them have changed their minds about being the "bad guys" completely.

Aria didn't believe in the Deities at all, and neither do a lot of my other dragons, Barachiel however, does believe in the Deities, and she wishes to overthrow the Icewarden one day. Though first, she has to take control of the Fortress of Ends, a process that started when Aria was still in charge. My clan is quite famous among other clans, and there are many stories about sunken ships and clans that fell into ruin in one day because of the Red Conqueror and her followers.

Recently, I got an idea for another side plot, which is that Morgo, an ancient deity, was accidentally brought back to life by Deimos (my necromancer), and started to gain more and more followers ... as he became stronger, he started to create his own dragons, some of which are even part of my clan, who are now causing trouble. What exactly Morgo wants is still unclear, but it looks like he wants to overthrow the clan, and his power is starting to threaten Barachiel's leadership.

The lore of my individual dragons rarely touches on those subjects, however, and focusses more on the personality and abilities of the dragon itself. Barachiel and Aria definitely will have more details on my lore in their bios, as might have a few of my other dragons, but I have to write their bios first, haha.
iIrk1Wj.png
My clan is mostly interested in putting dragons on other planets and turning them into astronauts, but... they're not all into that. The head of my clan, Soyuz, is a bit kind, and takes people in to live with the clan from all sorts of backgrounds, and as a result, not everyone there is particularly working on their same project.

For example, Cooper is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiit obsessed with scrying, not in the FR sense, but in the magickal sense. He's determined to make sure he lives in the best possible timeline. This annoys Soyuz to no end, who thinks people should focus on more practical matters, and that if Cooper wants to live in a perfect world, he should get up and work for it.

Overall though, most of them are working on developing manned (dragonned?) spacecraft. Chandra was a chemist who emigrated to Lightning to work for the Stormcatcher in hopes of getting a job, but right now he's attempting to develop rocket fuel. Titan is still in training as an engineer, but his goal is definitely to develop rockets safe enough to put a dragon on it with a decent chance of not killing said dragon.

...We need another clan to have a space race with. That'll get Cooper working.

:/
My clan is mostly interested in putting dragons on other planets and turning them into astronauts, but... they're not all into that. The head of my clan, Soyuz, is a bit kind, and takes people in to live with the clan from all sorts of backgrounds, and as a result, not everyone there is particularly working on their same project.

For example, Cooper is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiit obsessed with scrying, not in the FR sense, but in the magickal sense. He's determined to make sure he lives in the best possible timeline. This annoys Soyuz to no end, who thinks people should focus on more practical matters, and that if Cooper wants to live in a perfect world, he should get up and work for it.

Overall though, most of them are working on developing manned (dragonned?) spacecraft. Chandra was a chemist who emigrated to Lightning to work for the Stormcatcher in hopes of getting a job, but right now he's attempting to develop rocket fuel. Titan is still in training as an engineer, but his goal is definitely to develop rockets safe enough to put a dragon on it with a decent chance of not killing said dragon.

...We need another clan to have a space race with. That'll get Cooper working.

:/
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
1 2 3 4