Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Open]
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 172 173
[quote]Considering the technological advances of the Lightning flight (and other flights, to a lesser extent), have dragons created their own version of the Internet? If so, do they have any social media, such as Faebook, Tundr, Imperigram? (Or hopefully more creatively named versions?)[/quote] The dragons do not yet have Internet access. This is for the best, as certain gods might waste all their time browsing memes and social media... [br][br] [quote]What happens if a tundra is in their winter coat, wedged over The Great Furnace, and is in high humidity?[/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4Ecke.jpg[/img][/center] [br][br] [quote]Are there any plans for ANY entirely new gameplay features or mechanics? Or any plans to really shake festivals up, or add a new event, or even a lore-based, site-wide quest or storyline? Anything? Bueller? XD[/quote] Absolutely. We've got several projects in incubation, and many that are mapped out and just require development time. We've had to devote much of our focus on rewriting the site piece by piece, which has lead to a more heavy focus on rewrites over new features. As our team grows and the rewrites near completion, that balance will shift with a heavier focus on new features! [br][br] [quote]Every dragon has its length, wingspan and weight displayed, but what are the averages for each breed? Is there variation between genders? And how are these numbers determined? Does every breed have ranges that numbers are randomly picked from when a dragon hatches? If so, what is that range? (Basically I'm just terribly curious to see if any of my dragons are abnormally long, skinny, etc. or just regular.)[/quote] I don't have the exact median available right now, but each breed has a minimum and maximum threshold for those statistics. Yes, females and males do have different thresholds! In some breeds, the males will have the capacity to be larger than the females, and in others it is reversed. [br][br] [quote]When will we get a higher lair cap...it seems like a very simple addition to the game, and it just isn't happening [/quote] While the act of increasing the cap isn't difficult, it does go hand-in-hand with having more mouths to feed and maintain, and bigger load-outs in Coliseum. In addition, lair slots are quite pricey, and new lair spaces would have to be at least as expensive as the tiers below them. While we could just pile on more lair slots, that may not be the best route taken. We have, however, heard loud and clear that players want more dragon [i]storage.[/i] That's something that we're thinking about, even if it ends up not being in the form of additional lair slots. [br][br] [quote]Can any of the breeds make a sort of "chirping" noise? Hissing, growling, roars, and humming I know about. But I'm curious if any breed can make noises akin to a bird.[/quote] Several breeds are capable of producing a chirp. Skydancers in particular have been known to make sounds that resemble chirping, though due to their size the sound is a bit deeper. [br][br] [quote]Just who or what is making armor for the creatures (familiars) that dragons encounter? I mean, is some deranged dragon-smith capturing Warcats and Streaks just to slap armor on them? Is it various members of the beastclans?[/quote] The armor you're referring to is either stolen dragonmade items, unearthed artifacts from a previous industrial age, or (most commonly) designed and created by the Beastclans. [br][br] [quote]Does having Gembond make it harder to fly for a dragon who has it, since they're weighed down by rocks growing from their bodies, or are they stronger than dragons without Gembond to make up for the added weight?[/quote] It is typically more difficult for a dragon with gembond to fly; however, it also provides additional protection, making it more difficult to penetrate their hide in combat. They may not be able to fly as well but that doesn't mean they are easy targets. [br][br] [quote]How much suffering is it to create new anything for the site involving art. And has there ever been a time one of the admins working on the art had a moment they want to share that would be a good tale? Such as asking if any of the artists wanted to rage quit or spent any amount of time internally screaming because of something? Maybe between the artists give us an art me so we can feel their suffering and feel the pain ourselves but laugh? But really art can hurt and it can cause unhealthy internal screams and rage and maybe even some comedy as you see a small mistake that looks completely hilarious and you can’t help but laugh at the internal pain.[/quote] There have certainly been features or elements of the site that have been challenging to create art for, but that's precisely what having the support of a team is for. Generally, if one of us needs help, we'll show a concept of what we're working on to the rest of the art team and ask for feedback. Sometimes this is through conversation, other times its in the form of "redlining." In art, redlining is where one artist will draw out their feedback or thoughts over the artwork. Using your peers for support and critique is essential in getting to a well-rounded final product. As for horror stories: We may or may not have on occasion asked one of our artists to redo a concept... then revise it again... then decided no, the original concept was the best - finish that one! The team is good-natured and kind about this, though we suspect there is a tiny bit of internal screaming every now and again... [br][br] [quote]Have we gotten through the newest set of hint words yet, or are some of them yet to be revealed?[/quote] We'll give you a new set of hints next Ask the Team. One of the hints - cerberus - has yet to be revealed, and was pushed back in favor of something else. To keep expectations in line, cerberus is [b]not[/b] a dragon breed. We'd hate to keep the word-game in limbo waiting for this trailing hint though, so it'll be repeated in our next batch of hints along with some fresh clues! [br][br] [quote]On the World Map, the description for the Spiral Keep says, "Within this dreary coil, the Tidelord bellows and moans his prophecies, which are carried to the surface by way of billions of tiny bubbles." What does the Tidelord prophecise about? Does he just stick his head out of his conch house and scream, "Earth flight is going to be dominant this week for the kajillionth time this month! SEND MORE DRAGONS!"[/quote] Yeah something like that [br][br] [quote]In the Encyclopedia, it is stated that Faes do not have expressive voices or make facial expressions, but rather show emotion with their frills. Why, then, do Swipp and his children have facial expressions and talk so flamboyantly?[/quote] This is mostly to help sell their emotions and intentions to humans, who are playing the game. Their text is verbatim, but read it all in a monotone, sans punctuation. [br][br] [quote]Is Pearl like a smol fluffless tundra? Or possibly related to that breed? I know that the Courier dragons don't belong to a specific breed, but they do have similarities. Like the horns and ears, for example, look very similar to that of a Tundra's.[/quote] Pearl heralds from an ice clan, so it's not impossible to think that there may be some tundra blood in her lineage. However, like all dragon nests of mixed parentage, the offspring will take on one or the other of their parent's species rather than a hybrid result. Pearl not a tundra. She is a courier dragon, which are their own breed.
Quote:
Considering the technological advances of the Lightning flight (and other flights, to a lesser extent), have dragons created their own version of the Internet? If so, do they have any social media, such as Faebook, Tundr, Imperigram? (Or hopefully more creatively named versions?)

The dragons do not yet have Internet access. This is for the best, as certain gods might waste all their time browsing memes and social media...


Quote:
What happens if a tundra is in their winter coat, wedged over The Great Furnace, and is in high humidity?
4Ecke.jpg


Quote:
Are there any plans for ANY entirely new gameplay features or mechanics? Or any plans to really shake festivals up, or add a new event, or even a lore-based, site-wide quest or storyline? Anything? Bueller? XD

Absolutely. We've got several projects in incubation, and many that are mapped out and just require development time. We've had to devote much of our focus on rewriting the site piece by piece, which has lead to a more heavy focus on rewrites over new features. As our team grows and the rewrites near completion, that balance will shift with a heavier focus on new features!


Quote:
Every dragon has its length, wingspan and weight displayed, but what are the averages for each breed? Is there variation between genders? And how are these numbers determined? Does every breed have ranges that numbers are randomly picked from when a dragon hatches? If so, what is that range?

(Basically I'm just terribly curious to see if any of my dragons are abnormally long, skinny, etc. or just regular.)

I don't have the exact median available right now, but each breed has a minimum and maximum threshold for those statistics. Yes, females and males do have different thresholds! In some breeds, the males will have the capacity to be larger than the females, and in others it is reversed.


Quote:
When will we get a higher lair cap...it seems like a very simple addition to the game, and it just isn't happening

While the act of increasing the cap isn't difficult, it does go hand-in-hand with having more mouths to feed and maintain, and bigger load-outs in Coliseum. In addition, lair slots are quite pricey, and new lair spaces would have to be at least as expensive as the tiers below them. While we could just pile on more lair slots, that may not be the best route taken.

We have, however, heard loud and clear that players want more dragon storage. That's something that we're thinking about, even if it ends up not being in the form of additional lair slots.


Quote:
Can any of the breeds make a sort of "chirping" noise? Hissing, growling, roars, and humming I know about. But I'm curious if any breed can make noises akin to a bird.

Several breeds are capable of producing a chirp. Skydancers in particular have been known to make sounds that resemble chirping, though due to their size the sound is a bit deeper.


Quote:
Just who or what is making armor for the creatures (familiars) that dragons encounter? I mean, is some deranged dragon-smith capturing Warcats and Streaks just to slap armor on them? Is it various members of the beastclans?

The armor you're referring to is either stolen dragonmade items, unearthed artifacts from a previous industrial age, or (most commonly) designed and created by the Beastclans.


Quote:
Does having Gembond make it harder to fly for a dragon who has it, since they're weighed down by rocks growing from their bodies, or are they stronger than dragons without Gembond to make up for the added weight?

It is typically more difficult for a dragon with gembond to fly; however, it also provides additional protection, making it more difficult to penetrate their hide in combat. They may not be able to fly as well but that doesn't mean they are easy targets.


Quote:
How much suffering is it to create new anything for the site involving art. And has there ever been a time one of the admins working on the art had a moment they want to share that would be a good tale? Such as asking if any of the artists wanted to rage quit or spent any amount of time internally screaming because of something? Maybe between the artists give us an art me so we can feel their suffering and feel the pain ourselves but laugh?

But really art can hurt and it can cause unhealthy internal screams and rage and maybe even some comedy as you see a small mistake that looks completely hilarious and you can’t help but laugh at the internal pain.

There have certainly been features or elements of the site that have been challenging to create art for, but that's precisely what having the support of a team is for. Generally, if one of us needs help, we'll show a concept of what we're working on to the rest of the art team and ask for feedback. Sometimes this is through conversation, other times its in the form of "redlining." In art, redlining is where one artist will draw out their feedback or thoughts over the artwork. Using your peers for support and critique is essential in getting to a well-rounded final product.

As for horror stories: We may or may not have on occasion asked one of our artists to redo a concept... then revise it again... then decided no, the original concept was the best - finish that one! The team is good-natured and kind about this, though we suspect there is a tiny bit of internal screaming every now and again...


Quote:
Have we gotten through the newest set of hint words yet, or are some of them yet to be revealed?

We'll give you a new set of hints next Ask the Team. One of the hints - cerberus - has yet to be revealed, and was pushed back in favor of something else.

To keep expectations in line, cerberus is not a dragon breed. We'd hate to keep the word-game in limbo waiting for this trailing hint though, so it'll be repeated in our next batch of hints along with some fresh clues!


Quote:
On the World Map, the description for the Spiral Keep says, "Within this dreary coil, the Tidelord bellows and moans his prophecies, which are carried to the surface by way of billions of tiny bubbles." What does the Tidelord prophecise about? Does he just stick his head out of his conch house and scream, "Earth flight is going to be dominant this week for the kajillionth time this month! SEND MORE DRAGONS!"

Yeah something like that


Quote:
In the Encyclopedia, it is stated that Faes do not have expressive voices or make facial expressions, but rather show emotion with their frills. Why, then, do Swipp and his children have facial expressions and talk so flamboyantly?

This is mostly to help sell their emotions and intentions to humans, who are playing the game. Their text is verbatim, but read it all in a monotone, sans punctuation.


Quote:
Is Pearl like a smol fluffless tundra? Or possibly related to that breed? I know that the Courier dragons don't belong to a specific breed, but they do have similarities. Like the horns and ears, for example, look very similar to that of a Tundra's.

Pearl heralds from an ice clan, so it's not impossible to think that there may be some tundra blood in her lineage. However, like all dragon nests of mixed parentage, the offspring will take on one or the other of their parent's species rather than a hybrid result. Pearl not a tundra. She is a courier dragon, which are their own breed.
Community Manager

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Twitter
Tumblr
Will couriers ever become an available breed?
Will couriers ever become an available breed?
dude_who_also_good.pngplantbutt.png
Phytocats by Pixelspiral
Is there any chance a new breed may be created, and what element is Most Likley for it to be?
Is there any chance a new breed may be created, and what element is Most Likley for it to be?
2uxtpw8.jpg
a place where dreams spread like disease
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2018-02-06 09:07:14] [quote]When will we get a higher lair cap...it seems like a very simple addition to the game, and it just isn't happening [/quote] While the act of increasing the cap isn't difficult, it does go hand-in-hand with having more mouths to feed and maintain, and bigger load-outs in Coliseum. In addition, lair slots are quite pricey, and new lair spaces would have to be at least as expensive as the tiers below them. While we could just pile on more lair slots, that may not be the best route taken. We have, however, heard loud and clear that players want more dragon [i]storage.[/i] That's something that we're thinking about, even if it ends up not being in the form of additional lair slots. [br][br] [/quote] Uhmmm should We read this as a " no you are not getting more lair space?" Not sure what to read in what you mean about storage... Dragon collectors are needing the lair space.. We dont want storage.. we want to display our dragon, breed them and interact with them... could you elaborate more on this subject please? @Aequorin If the collectors can afford the lair expansions and to feed their dragons I dont see why that should be reason NOT to increase lair space... It really sets a stopper for my plans.. whats the point in adding more dragons if I dont get more room... This goes both for us old dragon collectors and the gen one collectors.. why should they sink time and money into dragons which eventually will need to be put away (IF that is what is ment by storage) To me I read this as really really really bad... I need more info about this please ?
Aequorin wrote on 2018-02-06:
Quote:
When will we get a higher lair cap...it seems like a very simple addition to the game, and it just isn't happening

While the act of increasing the cap isn't difficult, it does go hand-in-hand with having more mouths to feed and maintain, and bigger load-outs in Coliseum. In addition, lair slots are quite pricey, and new lair spaces would have to be at least as expensive as the tiers below them. While we could just pile on more lair slots, that may not be the best route taken.

We have, however, heard loud and clear that players want more dragon storage. That's something that we're thinking about, even if it ends up not being in the form of additional lair slots.



Uhmmm should We read this as a " no you are not getting more lair space?" Not sure what to read in what you mean about storage...

Dragon collectors are needing the lair space.. We dont want storage.. we want to display our dragon, breed them and interact with them... could you elaborate more on this subject please? @Aequorin

If the collectors can afford the lair expansions and to feed their dragons I dont see why that should be reason NOT to increase lair space...

It really sets a stopper for my plans.. whats the point in adding more dragons if I dont get more room... This goes both for us old dragon collectors and the gen one collectors.. why should they sink time and money into dragons which eventually will need to be put away (IF that is what is ment by storage)

To me I read this as really really really bad... I need more info about this please ?
Rt94llE.pngWVTSPY.png6Sx7SSv.png
Hey, guys! With all the tweaking happening in the coliseum right now, should we expect changes to enemy encounter rates and drop rates?
Hey, guys! With all the tweaking happening in the coliseum right now, should we expect changes to enemy encounter rates and drop rates?
w0D48ZF.png CODACOT Challenge (badges!)
UTVRiDq.gif Instant Lore for Sale


______3BvK2LY.gif______
Without the ability to continue to work on projects in a dragon breeding game, eventually people will get bored and leave or create extra accounts which is it's own set of problems.

How is the team going to address the dragon collectors play style?

must comment on how adorable the bunny is
Without the ability to continue to work on projects in a dragon breeding game, eventually people will get bored and leave or create extra accounts which is it's own set of problems.

How is the team going to address the dragon collectors play style?

must comment on how adorable the bunny is
jn0pAcU.pngBymqtwC.pngNVgCjtR.png0PW7tzT.pngaNYt3le.png
do spirals eat much more insects than faes
do spirals eat much more insects than faes
r9b97HEe_o.png
good pun ^
Is Cerebus gonna be a new boss familiar? Will it get a new Coli venue to go with It? :o
Is Cerebus gonna be a new boss familiar? Will it get a new Coli venue to go with It? :o
hi, i'm az and i like ghosts and cupcakes
Are there any plans for a new ice breed?
Are there any plans for a new ice breed?
FR +1
Ping me to get my attention!
3fr3Xfk0z.gif
wniYbNd.png
ice_2.png
Will we get new breeds? Because I love all of these but I'm excited to see it grow.
Will we get new breeds? Because I love all of these but I'm excited to see it grow.
1 2 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 172 173