Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 195 196
Are we getting another Caption Contest
Are we getting another Caption Contest
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
When it comes to creating new breeds (specifically when looking at the suggestions forum) what sorts of things do you look at? Obviously, you don't take specific designs directly from the suggestions, but do you look at traits and decide what fits the site, or do you look more at what specifically people comment about liking and not liking?
When it comes to creating new breeds (specifically when looking at the suggestions forum) what sorts of things do you look at? Obviously, you don't take specific designs directly from the suggestions, but do you look at traits and decide what fits the site, or do you look more at what specifically people comment about liking and not liking?
cPW6H3E.png
The Invisibility Cloaks. Is there any chance of them returning for a limited time or are they completely retired?
The Invisibility Cloaks. Is there any chance of them returning for a limited time or are they completely retired?
When I relist an auction, it says nothing about the fees of the item sells. So in other words are treasure auctions charged fees for only the original auction and not any relistings?
When I relist an auction, it says nothing about the fees of the item sells. So in other words are treasure auctions charged fees for only the original auction and not any relistings?
Have there been any considerations of new MVP users? It's been two years since it was even mentioned in passing by admins that I'm aware of, has it been entirely abandoned at this point?
Have there been any considerations of new MVP users? It's been two years since it was even mentioned in passing by admins that I'm aware of, has it been entirely abandoned at this point?

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep]
A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
Are the developers interested in making a more mobile friendly FR experience (a streamlined design for mobile or an app)? I know you guys don't give ETA's, I'm just wondering if it's been discussed recently.
Are the developers interested in making a more mobile friendly FR experience (a streamlined design for mobile or an app)? I know you guys don't give ETA's, I'm just wondering if it's been discussed recently.

sup, i'm alex
qjWV0vY.png
06xk8gV.png
FlMK7kZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
vWMuYyj.png
What are the seasons like in Sornieth? We know that they occur in some fashion, given that Tundras show their "summer" coat. But are the seasons what we expect? Are there differences between the territories? I mean, the Southern Icefield has to be similar to Earth's poles, where the seasons don't differ a whole lot. Likewise, what's winter in the Ashfall Wastes like? Or is the weather pattern something entirely unique?
What are the seasons like in Sornieth? We know that they occur in some fashion, given that Tundras show their "summer" coat. But are the seasons what we expect? Are there differences between the territories? I mean, the Southern Icefield has to be similar to Earth's poles, where the seasons don't differ a whole lot. Likewise, what's winter in the Ashfall Wastes like? Or is the weather pattern something entirely unique?
sZRxyrd.png
Would I be allowed to promote a flight rising server on my own forum post? It's a server where people can have a hub to talk about everything fr as well as trade and show off dragons. Thank you!
Would I be allowed to promote a flight rising server on my own forum post? It's a server where people can have a hub to talk about everything fr as well as trade and show off dragons. Thank you!
plague_banner.pngwade | he/him | 16 | spiralplague_banner.png
[quote]What happens to Tundra fur when it gets wet? Do they smell like wet dog (or the Sornieth equivalent) all day? Does their fur dry super fast or are they stuck with wet fur for a really long time?[/quote] They smell like a wet tundra! Their fur dries more quickly than say maned dragon's mane would (Imperial, Pearlcatcher, Skydancer). [br][br] [quote]We've seen a few post now about old venues being brought in line with the new ones - what exactly does that mean? Are you aiming for all venues to have 24+ enemies, and over a hundred different packs? Or are you just wanting to update the older background artwork? A curious mind that helps record coliseum stats wants to know how much potential work there is ahead...[/quote] We want to increase the variety in enemies in most venues, allowing for more neutrals and a greater lean on a specific element for venues that have that. In addition, all venues should have their own unique chest/container item. Some venues may receive environment upgrades, but not all of them will have receive an update. It depends on how well we feel the current venue artwork adheres to our style guide. A consistent style and quality of artwork is something we try to create as we make changes to the game. [br][br] [quote]How do you go about designing a new dragon breed ? Like, do you go through and design all the apparel for it, or do you start with genes ? Colors ?[/quote] We prepare a template for the new breed, then include it in the templates for genes and apparel that our artists receive. From then on all future new designs will incorporate the new breed so that we are not creating more artistic backlog than we need to. Later, we assign out backlog work, catching up apparel and genes that were released prior to the new breed's template creation. This step is the most time consuming step of creating a new breed for the game. We have a lot of genes and apparel (and wouldn't have it any other way: After all, this is a game about breeding and accessorizing dragons! Gotta have options!) and these items take time to create up to the standard of our style guide. [br][br] [quote]We know the official colors of most of the trading post dragons, thanks to Tomo's Trivia. We also know the flights thanks to Undel's answers. So my question is, what about Baldwin? What are his colors and flight? He's very hard to match in the scrying workshop![/quote] Baldwin is Earth Flight. We tried asking him what his colors were, but he said that he wasn't sure if his colors were typical anymore. Our best guess is honeydew, moss, crocodile. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=102&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=1&gender=0&tert=173&tertgene=5&winggene=0&wings=115&auth=400a138a635ee685941bb8fa3e3ffa71144eea30&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [br][br] [quote]Will emblems be a forever and for always a part of festive favors? Or could they be cycled out in the future to make room for a new elemental apparel? Are vistas going to be kept year round?[/quote] At this time we have no plans on removing emblems from the rotation, as these are a fantastic way to show off the flight or allegiance of a dragon, and fits very well with the elemental holidays. [b]Announcements about what is coming up in future holiday cycles will be available closer to Brightshine 2018, and the start of our 6th festival season.[/b] [br][br]
Quote:
What happens to Tundra fur when it gets wet?
Do they smell like wet dog (or the Sornieth equivalent) all day?
Does their fur dry super fast or are they stuck with wet fur for a really long time?

They smell like a wet tundra! Their fur dries more quickly than say maned dragon's mane would (Imperial, Pearlcatcher, Skydancer).

Quote:
We've seen a few post now about old venues being brought in line with the new ones - what exactly does that mean? Are you aiming for all venues to have 24+ enemies, and over a hundred different packs? Or are you just wanting to update the older background artwork? A curious mind that helps record coliseum stats wants to know how much potential work there is ahead...

We want to increase the variety in enemies in most venues, allowing for more neutrals and a greater lean on a specific element for venues that have that. In addition, all venues should have their own unique chest/container item. Some venues may receive environment upgrades, but not all of them will have receive an update.

It depends on how well we feel the current venue artwork adheres to our style guide. A consistent style and quality of artwork is something we try to create as we make changes to the game.

Quote:
How do you go about designing a new dragon breed ? Like, do you go through and design all the apparel for it, or do you start with genes ? Colors ?

We prepare a template for the new breed, then include it in the templates for genes and apparel that our artists receive. From then on all future new designs will incorporate the new breed so that we are not creating more artistic backlog than we need to. Later, we assign out backlog work, catching up apparel and genes that were released prior to the new breed's template creation. This step is the most time consuming step of creating a new breed for the game. We have a lot of genes and apparel (and wouldn't have it any other way: After all, this is a game about breeding and accessorizing dragons! Gotta have options!) and these items take time to create up to the standard of our style guide.

Quote:
We know the official colors of most of the trading post dragons, thanks to Tomo's Trivia. We also know the flights thanks to Undel's answers. So my question is, what about Baldwin? What are his colors and flight? He's very hard to match in the scrying workshop!

Baldwin is Earth Flight. We tried asking him what his colors were, but he said that he wasn't sure if his colors were typical anymore. Our best guess is honeydew, moss, crocodile.
dragon?age=1&body=102&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=1&gender=0&tert=173&tertgene=5&winggene=0&wings=115&auth=400a138a635ee685941bb8fa3e3ffa71144eea30&dummyext=prev.png

Quote:
Will emblems be a forever and for always a part of festive favors? Or could they be cycled out in the future to make room for a new elemental apparel? Are vistas going to be kept year round?

At this time we have no plans on removing emblems from the rotation, as these are a fantastic way to show off the flight or allegiance of a dragon, and fits very well with the elemental holidays. Announcements about what is coming up in future holiday cycles will be available closer to Brightshine 2018, and the start of our 6th festival season.

some time ago, staff mentioned the possibility of flight lore articles being added to the encyclopedia- is that still a future possibility? not an eta question, but just asking if that idea is still under consideration since you guys mentioned in the past?
some time ago, staff mentioned the possibility of flight lore articles being added to the encyclopedia- is that still a future possibility? not an eta question, but just asking if that idea is still under consideration since you guys mentioned in the past?
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 195 196