Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest 5 Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23
[quote name="notronbro" date=2017-02-16 12:01:41] Seeing a loooooot of people submitting that have no idea what fulgurite is lol. [/quote] I know that feel... I'm also seeing quite a few people who don't seem to know what a kuhli loach is, and are implying that they're saltwater fish. (They aren't, they live at the bottoms of streams.) Kudos to the descriptions that I saw that were accurate to what they really are; tiny, harmless, goofy noodles who like to hide.
notronbro wrote on 2017-02-16:
Seeing a loooooot of people submitting that have no idea what fulgurite is lol.

I know that feel... I'm also seeing quite a few people who don't seem to know what a kuhli loach is, and are implying that they're saltwater fish. (They aren't, they live at the bottoms of streams.)

Kudos to the descriptions that I saw that were accurate to what they really are; tiny, harmless, goofy noodles who like to hide.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
Been having a lot of fun with coming up with a caption so far! It got me to do a lot of research on topics that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about. :)
Been having a lot of fun with coming up with a caption so far! It got me to do a lot of research on topics that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~ Awaken to your Fate ~~~~~~~~~~~
Hold up. I had another one, since I can't enter it I'm posting here: [item=metallic wood-boring beetle] Name: Metallic Beetle Caption: I hear if you let it bite you you'll get Metallic! I mean if Onyx Cobras give Gembond why can't beetles give Metallic? It's even got it in the name!
Hold up. I had another one, since I can't enter it I'm posting here:

Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle
Name: Metallic Beetle
Caption:
I hear if you let it bite you you'll get Metallic! I mean if Onyx Cobras give Gembond why can't beetles give Metallic? It's even got it in the name!
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
I'm curious what happens when people don't follow the rules -- multiple entries, entries too long, etc.

Do their entries just get discarded? If they have multiples, do they ALL get discarded or just the first one kept or...?

Does anything happen at all if you don't actually follow the rules?
I'm curious what happens when people don't follow the rules -- multiple entries, entries too long, etc.

Do their entries just get discarded? If they have multiples, do they ALL get discarded or just the first one kept or...?

Does anything happen at all if you don't actually follow the rules?
Looking for these dragons (Help!) --

Female - Ice eyes - Ob/Sunset/Marigold
Male - Water eyes - Tan/Azure/Sand
Male - Nature eyes - Midnight/Midnight/Marigold
So I discovered a really interesting art while looking up some of these item names, and I just had to reference it in my submission: birch bark biting, which is people using their teeth to create intricate patterns in pieces of birch bark. It's the coolest thing!

(My submission is here, for anyone that wants to see it.)
So I discovered a really interesting art while looking up some of these item names, and I just had to reference it in my submission: birch bark biting, which is people using their teeth to create intricate patterns in pieces of birch bark. It's the coolest thing!

(My submission is here, for anyone that wants to see it.)
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
[item=Redstone] [b]Name:[/b] Redstone [b]Caption:[/b] Whoever named this wasn't very creative.

Name: Redstone
Caption: Whoever named this wasn't very creative.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
All of these wonderful captions in the submission thread have been making me chuckle. Quite a few good jokes, too! The animals and rocks were getting a lot of love... I decided to give the plants some attention. I had fun bringing in something that has happened to me and working it into the caption.

@Chantares : They probably just disqualify them entirely. It wouldn't be fair to the people who actually read the rules and played fair if those that broke them still were able to have their first entry entered. At least, that's how I feel. Hiding the limit near the bottom is pretty smart, since it requires at least reading through the other rules to get to it ;)
All of these wonderful captions in the submission thread have been making me chuckle. Quite a few good jokes, too! The animals and rocks were getting a lot of love... I decided to give the plants some attention. I had fun bringing in something that has happened to me and working it into the caption.

@Chantares : They probably just disqualify them entirely. It wouldn't be fair to the people who actually read the rules and played fair if those that broke them still were able to have their first entry entered. At least, that's how I feel. Hiding the limit near the bottom is pretty smart, since it requires at least reading through the other rules to get to it ;)
@AlgebraicPlanet

That would make sense to me, too.

And, yes, a good way to make sure people are actually reading the rules!

*goes to see what YOU submitted*

Edit: *snicker* I like that one!
@AlgebraicPlanet

That would make sense to me, too.

And, yes, a good way to make sure people are actually reading the rules!

*goes to see what YOU submitted*

Edit: *snicker* I like that one!
Looking for these dragons (Help!) --

Female - Ice eyes - Ob/Sunset/Marigold
Male - Water eyes - Tan/Azure/Sand
Male - Nature eyes - Midnight/Midnight/Marigold
Heh, I've seen some entries calling quinoa gross and I'm just here like:
"But I love quinoa"
xD
Heh, I've seen some entries calling quinoa gross and I'm just here like:
"But I love quinoa"
xD
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
extra submission: [item="Sandstone"] [b]Name:[/b] Sandstone [b]Caption:[/b] [i]Please don't take it for Granite.[/i]
extra submission:

Sandstone
Name: Sandstone
Caption: Please don't take it for Granite.
D99pdNC.giffGygUpl.pngMsoPhyB.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23