Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest 5 Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest,[b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2121092]please use the submissions thread[/url].[/b] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story? The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Thursday, March 2nd, 23:59 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems [/indent][br] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/gem_pile.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/fvista/9.png[/img][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Items & Format:[/b][/size][/center] Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption. [quote][b]Example Entry:[/b] [item=wildwood owlet] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Owlet [b]Caption:[/b][i] This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.[/i][/quote] [center][item=Green Iguana][item=Lesser Land Iguana][item=Marine Iguana] [item=bark biter][item=Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle][item=Orchid Beetle] [item=Cinnamon Loach][item=Hardwater Loach][item=Kuhli Loach] [item=Grassland Grain][item=Quinoa][item=White Quinoa] [item=Bluesand Agate][item=Redstone][item=Sandstone] [item=Ashen Lightning Glass][item=Pale Lightning Glass][item=Burnt Lightning Glass][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Restrictions:[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!) [*]Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player. [*]Entries may not call out other player's names. [*]Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the [i]Flight Rising[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules[/url] and[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66] Code of Conduct[/url]. [*]The submissions thread is for [b]submissions only[/b]. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2121092]The submissions thread is here![/url][/b]
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest, please use the submissions thread.

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Thursday, March 2nd, 23:59 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems

gem_pile.png 9.png

Items & Format:

Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption.

Quote:
Example Entry:
Wildwood Owlet
Name: Wildwood Owlet
Caption: This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.

Green Iguana Lesser Land Iguana Marine Iguana
Bark Biter Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle Orchid Beetle
Cinnamon Loach Hardwater Loach Kuhli Loach
Grassland Grain Quinoa White Quinoa
Bluesand Agate Sandstone
Ashen Lightning Glass Pale Lightning Glass

Restrictions:
  • You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!)
  • Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player.
  • Entries may not call out other player's names.
  • Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the Flight Rising Rules and Code of Conduct.
  • The submissions thread is for submissions only. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. The submissions thread is here!
Fun fact about my caption: did you know that kuhli loaches are also called "coolie loaches"?

Hence my terrible pun. Enjoy.
Fun fact about my caption: did you know that kuhli loaches are also called "coolie loaches"?

Hence my terrible pun. Enjoy.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
@Louretta
Just wanted to say that I love your entry! It gave me a chuckle.
@Louretta
Just wanted to say that I love your entry! It gave me a chuckle.
Gr7tY6Q.gif
@Prescott
Thank you! I was actually thinking of changing it, since in one way or another, the same thing has already been mentioned at least 3 times.
@Prescott
Thank you! I was actually thinking of changing it, since in one way or another, the same thing has already been mentioned at least 3 times.
title_layer_middle_x2.png
@smeen

Is that... an Aliens reference?
@smeen

Is that... an Aliens reference?
Redbubble---Etsy---Ko-Fi
Instagram: BittyKittyCreates --- Facebook: BittyKitty Creates
@BittytheKhajiit

Yes and no. It's both a reference to Aliens and to the actual green iguana, who sometimes eats insects too.
@BittytheKhajiit

Yes and no. It's both a reference to Aliens and to the actual green iguana, who sometimes eats insects too.
yG3lmc2.png a snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its right candle-smol.png
@smeen

Nice :)
@smeen

Nice :)
Redbubble---Etsy---Ko-Fi
Instagram: BittyKittyCreates --- Facebook: BittyKitty Creates
I had a feeling one of these would show up soon. Here's hoping my terrible pun makes for a good description :P
I had a feeling one of these would show up soon. Here's hoping my terrible pun makes for a good description :P
QYzhmAi.png
Too bad we can't make two entires, I would have noted Burnt or Ashen glass being made at the fire lightning border because it's actuall ash turned into glass. Love all the entires for the glasses so far.
Too bad we can't make two entires, I would have noted Burnt or Ashen glass being made at the fire lightning border because it's actuall ash turned into glass. Love all the entires for the glasses so far.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Firs few pages and already redstone everywhere. I just added to the evergrowing pile.
Firs few pages and already redstone everywhere. I just added to the evergrowing pile.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23