Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest 5
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 163 164
[center][size=5][b]Item Caption Contest[/b][/size][/center] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story? The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Thursday, March 2nd, 23:59 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems [/indent][br] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/gem_pile.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/fvista/9.png[/img][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Items & Format:[/b][/size][/center] Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption. [quote][b]Example Entry:[/b] [item=wildwood owlet] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Owlet [b]Caption:[/b][i] This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.[/i][/quote] [center][item=Green Iguana][item=Lesser Land Iguana][item=Marine Iguana] [item=bark biter][item=Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle][item=Orchid Beetle] [item=Cinnamon Loach][item=Hardwater Loach][item=Kuhli Loach] [item=Grassland Grain][item=Quinoa][item=White Quinoa] [item=Bluesand Agate][item=Redstone][item=Sandstone] [item=Ashen Lightning Glass][item=Pale Lightning Glass][item=Burnt Lightning Glass][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Restrictions:[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!) [*]Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player. [*]Entries may not call out other player's names. [*]Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the [i]Flight Rising[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules[/url] and[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66] Code of Conduct[/url]. [*]The submissions thread is for [b]submissions only[/b]. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2121101]Please use the caption contest discussion thread![/url][/b] [/LIST] [br][br]
Item Caption Contest

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Thursday, March 2nd, 23:59 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems

gem_pile.png 9.png

Items & Format:

Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption.

Quote:
Example Entry:
Wildwood Owlet
Name: Wildwood Owlet
Caption: This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.

Green Iguana Lesser Land Iguana Marine Iguana
Bark Biter Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle Orchid Beetle
Cinnamon Loach Hardwater Loach Kuhli Loach
Grassland Grain Quinoa White Quinoa
Bluesand Agate Sandstone
Ashen Lightning Glass Pale Lightning Glass

Restrictions:
  • You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!)
  • Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player.
  • Entries may not call out other player's names.
  • Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the Flight Rising Rules and Code of Conduct.
  • The submissions thread is for submissions only. Do not post commentary on other entries or ask questions here. Please use the caption contest discussion thread!

[item=Bark Biter] [b]Name:[/b] Bark Biter [b]Caption:[/b] [i]This beetle's bark bite is worse than its... wait, what now?[/i]
Bark Biter

Name: Bark Biter
Caption: This beetle's bark bite is worse than its... wait, what now?
Mx8NzKG.png
[b]Name[/b]: Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle [item=Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle] [b]Caption[/b]: Not nearly as boring as its name would suggest.
Name: Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle
Metallic Wood-Boring Beetle
Caption: Not nearly as boring as its name would suggest.
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/21557.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Pale Lightning Glass [b]Caption:[/b] [i]With a little bit of elbow grease, this glass could be systematic, hydromatic, heck, even ultramatic![/i] Whoops somehow missed the one item rule so deleting my other one.
21557.png
Name: Pale Lightning Glass
Caption: With a little bit of elbow grease, this glass could be systematic, hydromatic, heck, even ultramatic!

Whoops somehow missed the one item rule so deleting my other one.
[b]Name:[/b] Bark Biter [item=bark biter] [b]Caption:[/b] Its bite is worse than its bark.
Name: Bark Biter
Bark Biter
Caption: Its bite is worse than its bark.
5hXmmlV.gif

[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/21547.png[/img] Name: Cinnamon Loach Caption: Note: Don't actually try with cinnamon.
21547.png

Name: Cinnamon Loach

Caption: Note: Don't actually try with cinnamon.
1E8JFs6.png
[b]Name: [/b]Sandstone [item=sandstone] [b]Caption: [/b] Disclaimer: Not actually a stone made of sand
Name: Sandstone
Sandstone
Caption:
Disclaimer: Not actually a stone made of sand
8mZCvaS.png
[item=redstone] [b]Name:[/b] Redstone [b]Caption:[/b] Does not generate electricity. Sadly.

Name: Redstone
Caption: Does not generate electricity. Sadly.
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
[b]Name[/b]: [i]Sandstone[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/21555.png[/img] [b]caption[/b]: [i] No, Sadly this thing isn't sand, But it's pretty![/i]
Name: Sandstone

21555.png

caption: No, Sadly this thing isn't sand, But it's pretty!

Cocoawolfey.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┐
xxHello! I'm cocoawolfey!
xxOne of a newer FR players!
xxa little about me is I'm a girl/she/her
xxand I have brownish amber hair!
xxCR Me on FR Click on the sweet
xxdragon! And Trade me here! Hope
xxto see you on my friends list too!
â””xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tBfYua1.png
[item=Cinnamon Loach] Caption: Probably not a wise idea to use this Loach for the cinnamon challenge.
Cinnamon Loach

Caption: Probably not a wise idea to use this Loach for the cinnamon challenge.
ezimba__2__by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgurtx.gifezimba_by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgq80i.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 163 164