Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Auction House revamp is coming!
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
4 hours left. Can't wait :D
4 hours left. Can't wait :D
3 hours left. WHATTTT SO CLOSE
3 hours left. WHATTTT SO CLOSE
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
Forty minutes!!
Forty minutes!!
ePOliyb.pnglAvpyOQ.pngJ7D1quC.png
UawspVz.pngdgZqX5Q.png0HBKL8H.png
ugh, trying to buy anything quickly just went out the window
ugh, trying to buy anything quickly just went out the window
So awesome!!!
So awesome!!!
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2017-02-09 08:13:02] [quote] How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen? [/quote] The generation search only lets you filter to 1st gen or 2nd+ gen. As you pointed out, past gen1 it is not necessarily clear what "generation" a dragon belongs to. [/quote] @Xhaztol This is...really unfortunate? There are a lot of people who sell dragons that are gen 2 who were hoping when you said you'd be able to find generation...that they'd be able to list their dragons easier. "How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen?" It's a 6th Gen. There is no changing that. The dragon is the generation after the newest generation of the parents. If you have a dragon that's 1st gen, and a dragon that's 2nd gen, their baby will be third gen. It doesn't matter. If the parents are 4th and 18th gen, the baby is 19th gen, etc. A lot of us were hoping you'd be able to find gen 2 dragons with the update. The only thing this was good for was finding gen 1 dragons. Everything else got lumped together. Naming your baby "GenTwo" is a terrible gamble and many get exalted with that name. Usually after 3rd gen, no one cares about the generation anymore...it would have been nice if it had least gone that far. I don't understand how staff made a game based on generations, but don't know how to calculate generations. This shouldn't have been something that staff were confused about. I was really looking forward to this update but I'm pretty disappointed in this. [quote name="SimFeetUnder" date=2017-03-19 09:59:43] Ok, this... needs fixing. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d87221b33b6bab7c1a9386beb74a4b86.png[/img] It would be a 6th gen. While it probably isn't important to a lot of people it is really important to a good number of people who breed gen 1 dragons (especially those lucky enough with imperials!). If you have a gen1 on one side of the parentage and a 55th generation dragon on the other the kids aren't going to be gen2, that makes no sense. At that point it's just... one in a long line of dragons. I breed gen1 dragons, I also look for gen2 dragons and I love gen2 imperials, it would be really nice to have it have gen1, gen2 and then... gen whatever in the AH. Both from a buying and selling perspective. So far only issue I have with the AH. [/quote] Exactly.
Xhaztol wrote on 2017-02-09:
Quote:
How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen?

The generation search only lets you filter to 1st gen or 2nd+ gen. As you pointed out, past gen1 it is not necessarily clear what "generation" a dragon belongs to.
@Xhaztol
This is...really unfortunate? There are a lot of people who sell dragons that are gen 2 who were hoping when you said you'd be able to find generation...that they'd be able to list their dragons easier.

"How is the "generation" on the dragons calculated? If a dragon has a first-gen parent and a fifth-gen parent, would it be considered second gen or sixth gen?"
It's a 6th Gen. There is no changing that. The dragon is the generation after the newest generation of the parents. If you have a dragon that's 1st gen, and a dragon that's 2nd gen, their baby will be third gen. It doesn't matter.
If the parents are 4th and 18th gen, the baby is 19th gen, etc.

A lot of us were hoping you'd be able to find gen 2 dragons with the update. The only thing this was good for was finding gen 1 dragons. Everything else got lumped together. Naming your baby "GenTwo" is a terrible gamble and many get exalted with that name.

Usually after 3rd gen, no one cares about the generation anymore...it would have been nice if it had least gone that far. I don't understand how staff made a game based on generations, but don't know how to calculate generations. This shouldn't have been something that staff were confused about.

I was really looking forward to this update but I'm pretty disappointed in this.
SimFeetUnder wrote on 2017-03-19:
Ok, this... needs fixing.
d87221b33b6bab7c1a9386beb74a4b86.png

It would be a 6th gen.

While it probably isn't important to a lot of people it is really important to a good number of people who breed gen 1 dragons (especially those lucky enough with imperials!).
If you have a gen1 on one side of the parentage and a 55th generation dragon on the other the kids aren't going to be gen2, that makes no sense. At that point it's just... one in a long line of dragons.

I breed gen1 dragons, I also look for gen2 dragons and I love gen2 imperials, it would be really nice to have it have gen1, gen2 and then... gen whatever in the AH. Both from a buying and selling perspective.

So far only issue I have with the AH.
Exactly.
The Auction House revamp has launched!

To help our team out, please keep discussion to the following threads:

The Auction House revamp has launched!

To help our team out, please keep discussion to the following threads:

Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128