Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | SS2017 Leveling Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92
@Geneku2

We're preparing early for the 2017 Secret Santa Event. :) I'd suggest going to the main hub here to get a better gist if what's going on.

For a short explanation, there's a huge Secret Santa/raffle event that goes on in December, and we're getting dragons ready to be raffled off in that event. Some are going to be trained up as prizes, so we're gathering here to get the logistics for that straightened out. By donating that time and energy, the people leveling are going to earn tickets early for the raffle! Otherwise, they'd have to wait for December to join in.
@Geneku2

We're preparing early for the 2017 Secret Santa Event. :) I'd suggest going to the main hub here to get a better gist if what's going on.

For a short explanation, there's a huge Secret Santa/raffle event that goes on in December, and we're getting dragons ready to be raffled off in that event. Some are going to be trained up as prizes, so we're gathering here to get the logistics for that straightened out. By donating that time and energy, the people leveling are going to earn tickets early for the raffle! Otherwise, they'd have to wait for December to join in.
20119.png20118.png
Wow, thanks for the responses guys!! I have most of you after only a day! :) We're still finalizing tickets and systems for how this'll go down in the main hub (And I will post them here when they're finalized), but we should start talking about builds! Which builds do you use? Which have you tried? Any of them not work out for you? Mages??? What kinds of stats/stones are the best for mages vs fighters (in your opinion)? I think we'll want a variety for the reps, so throw 'em all out here. Personally, I use Culex's build for farmers [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZRjRuCB.png[/img] and the two-dragon Kelp Beds build. [img]http://i.imgur.com/AF5oHAf.png[/img] I never really got the hang of using the Mire Flier. ^^' Edit: Also, leave your thoughts on leaving dragons unstatted, and either just stoning them or giving the choice of how to stone them to the winner during the raffle instead of building them before they're raffled. @minty gave a good point on that the coli rewrite has a chance of being released before December (we can always dream!) and we don't want to have to tincture all those dragons ^^' -pinglist was here-
Wow, thanks for the responses guys!! I have most of you after only a day! :)
We're still finalizing tickets and systems for how this'll go down in the main hub (And I will post them here when they're finalized), but we should start talking about builds! Which builds do you use? Which have you tried? Any of them not work out for you?
Mages??? What kinds of stats/stones are the best for mages vs fighters (in your opinion)?

I think we'll want a variety for the reps, so throw 'em all out here.

Personally, I use Culex's build for farmers
ZRjRuCB.png
and the two-dragon Kelp Beds build.
AF5oHAf.png
I never really got the hang of using the Mire Flier. ^^'

Edit: Also, leave your thoughts on leaving dragons unstatted, and either just stoning them or giving the choice of how to stone them to the winner during the raffle instead of building them before they're raffled. @minty gave a good point on that the coli rewrite has a chance of being released before December (we can always dream!) and we don't want to have to tincture all those dragons ^^'

-pinglist was here-
20119.png20118.png
I also use Culex's build, and I think we should make mages healers. As far as I know, mages are pretty much either lore exclusive or used to farm the Workshop.
I also use Culex's build, and I think we should make mages healers. As far as I know, mages are pretty much either lore exclusive or used to farm the Workshop.
|PEoUA2B.png
I adore my Mire Flyers, but they really only work well on a few elements (Arcane, Plague). I think we should only do specialized builds if it works for the element (Slyvander's Harpy's Roost leveler for Wind or with caveats Shadow). Water works great for the Ghostlight Ruins Raider, etc.

I am not sure about Mage builds, generally you need fewer of them. That has the benefit of not needing Eliminates & stones being cheaper, but also less desired.
I adore my Mire Flyers, but they really only work well on a few elements (Arcane, Plague). I think we should only do specialized builds if it works for the element (Slyvander's Harpy's Roost leveler for Wind or with caveats Shadow). Water works great for the Ghostlight Ruins Raider, etc.

I am not sure about Mage builds, generally you need fewer of them. That has the benefit of not needing Eliminates & stones being cheaper, but also less desired.
@Valikor
I've tested a variety of builds. The Culex builds are the most tried and true (including the mage build for GW). Mire Flier is more advanced, but useful if you do a lot of fodder levelling.

I've also tried a few other builds:
Boreal Brawler: works pretty well, but harder to work with than Mire Flier and xp in this venue isn't the greatest. It relies heavily on knowing the speed of enemies and you go through a lot of abuse.
(Crystal) Pool Shark: Works well except for bosses.
(Harpy's) Rooster: Similar to above, can work but rough.
Ghostbuster/Ruins Raider: Similar to above.

The latter three are more element-dependent as for what is most effective. Culex is effective for all elements. That's what I'd choose if given the choice for assigning builds.

I think it might be best to leave our levelled dragons mostly unstatted so people can choose their own preferred builds. Maybe we include the most commonly effective stones (ambushes, eliminate for fighters, heals for mages), but it might be a bit rough on the wallet.
@Valikor
I've tested a variety of builds. The Culex builds are the most tried and true (including the mage build for GW). Mire Flier is more advanced, but useful if you do a lot of fodder levelling.

I've also tried a few other builds:
Boreal Brawler: works pretty well, but harder to work with than Mire Flier and xp in this venue isn't the greatest. It relies heavily on knowing the speed of enemies and you go through a lot of abuse.
(Crystal) Pool Shark: Works well except for bosses.
(Harpy's) Rooster: Similar to above, can work but rough.
Ghostbuster/Ruins Raider: Similar to above.

The latter three are more element-dependent as for what is most effective. Culex is effective for all elements. That's what I'd choose if given the choice for assigning builds.

I think it might be best to leave our levelled dragons mostly unstatted so people can choose their own preferred builds. Maybe we include the most commonly effective stones (ambushes, eliminate for fighters, heals for mages), but it might be a bit rough on the wallet.
CC16.gif pastcat.png
@Valikor

This may be jumping ahead too far (or being too hopeful, haha), but I wonder if it would be best to try and level the dragons without assigning any stats at this time. If, by chance, they release the coli rewrite, our stats and stones may be for naught... Unless we wanna shell out tons for tinctures!
@Valikor

This may be jumping ahead too far (or being too hopeful, haha), but I wonder if it would be best to try and level the dragons without assigning any stats at this time. If, by chance, they release the coli rewrite, our stats and stones may be for naught... Unless we wanna shell out tons for tinctures!
There's also a Golem Workshop pair, but it only works when there are both trainers. The flights are also quite limited, but this build works pretty well in my opinion.

As for mages, I stat mine the same as a Culex fighter or Mire Flyer, but with INT instead of STR and equipped with Meditate, Contuse, Reflect, Aid, and Rally.
There's also a Golem Workshop pair, but it only works when there are both trainers. The flights are also quite limited, but this build works pretty well in my opinion.

As for mages, I stat mine the same as a Culex fighter or Mire Flyer, but with INT instead of STR and equipped with Meditate, Contuse, Reflect, Aid, and Rally.
tuxedo_floracat.png
/////////////////////
//> They/Them
//> FR+0
/////////////////////////
> Drymm's Doodles
> Sticker Headshots
IqYL.png
Good input guys!! It seems like Culex is the favorite so far. :)
I edited my original post to ask to include your thoughts on leaving dragons unstatted during leveling, and why we might want to do that.
Good input guys!! It seems like Culex is the favorite so far. :)
I edited my original post to ask to include your thoughts on leaving dragons unstatted during leveling, and why we might want to do that.
20119.png20118.png
@Valikor This is the build I use for a Healer-mage for farming GW, based on the brief description given in Culex's guide. Replacing one of the Ambushes with a Discipline stone works just fine too, if you like the chance for extra breath. I find that I don't need the extra breath chance, though, so I run him with two Ambushes. [img]http://i.imgur.com/R2ooPZz.png[/img] This is my Mire Flyer. Personally, I almost never use Sap or Haste, but they can be useful if you think you've got enough health (and luck) to take down a Wartoad. I have yet to manage it, but I also don't level my fodder higher than 7 with my Mire Flyer, so they never have enough health to withstand more than a single hit. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Jh5wrCV.png[/img] I don't run a Ghostbuster/Ruin Raider, but those are gaining popularity, since Ghostlight Ruins drops Eliminates (and is a pleasant change of scenery from the slog through the Mire). Hopefully someone who runs one can give some insight!
@Valikor

This is the build I use for a Healer-mage for farming GW, based on the brief description given in Culex's guide. Replacing one of the Ambushes with a Discipline stone works just fine too, if you like the chance for extra breath. I find that I don't need the extra breath chance, though, so I run him with two Ambushes.

R2ooPZz.png

This is my Mire Flyer. Personally, I almost never use Sap or Haste, but they can be useful if you think you've got enough health (and luck) to take down a Wartoad. I have yet to manage it, but I also don't level my fodder higher than 7 with my Mire Flyer, so they never have enough health to withstand more than a single hit.

Jh5wrCV.png

I don't run a Ghostbuster/Ruin Raider, but those are gaining popularity, since Ghostlight Ruins drops Eliminates (and is a pleasant change of scenery from the slog through the Mire). Hopefully someone who runs one can give some insight!
@Valikor My favorite build is my own Ghostbuster build: [img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/1643bd00aee943179c36fa955be6e8f9.png[/img] The higher vitality means virtually no refreshing when leveling fodder (one fodder at a time) to level 5. I often don't have to refresh when leveling them to level 7 even. And I can take on the bosses. Stones are the typical set for fighters. For mages, the biggest use for a mage right now is a healer, especially in regards to grinding in the Golem Workshop. Two Disciplines, Three Scholars, Aid, Contuse (it's always useful), their elemental spell, and then maybe Haste or Reflect? A lot of people like to use those.
@Valikor

My favorite build is my own Ghostbuster build:

1643bd00aee943179c36fa955be6e8f9.png

The higher vitality means virtually no refreshing when leveling fodder (one fodder at a time) to level 5. I often don't have to refresh when leveling them to level 7 even. And I can take on the bosses.

Stones are the typical set for fighters.

For mages, the biggest use for a mage right now is a healer, especially in regards to grinding in the Golem Workshop. Two Disciplines, Three Scholars, Aid, Contuse (it's always useful), their elemental spell, and then maybe Haste or Reflect? A lot of people like to use those.
24g3RZs.png_________f6tJHhG.png9mNFxmr.pngik9FTzc.pngUeE49wQ.png_________24g3RZs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91 92