Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore HUB (SS2017 Advent Calendar)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59
@Wintercreek

Hi, I'm late to this party, having just realized what it is. I filled out the app form in the other thread. Um, if it's alright, I think I could come up with some neat ideas for #27 and #20, in order of surety, but I don't want to tread on anyone's toes so if I need to sit out this round, I can do that.
@Wintercreek

Hi, I'm late to this party, having just realized what it is. I filled out the app form in the other thread. Um, if it's alright, I think I could come up with some neat ideas for #27 and #20, in order of surety, but I don't want to tread on anyone's toes so if I need to sit out this round, I can do that.
B1Vtq5s.gifRz7ZJcJ.png tumblr_inline_otq29dktir1qzyloc_500.gif Uxts8PW.gif gFwGJ3H.gif
@Wintercreek
I don't know if this option has been passed over, but I like the idea that neither the clan the dragon is born to or the dragon itself would know anything was going to happen. One day the urge to go somewhere or do something would begin to grow in the dragon. the discussion of the marked egg or dragon might begin to mean something when this started to happen.

They may be excited and intrigued or resistant to the idea of change.

I believe this would give latitude to the scope of stories the lore writer might create.
@Wintercreek
I don't know if this option has been passed over, but I like the idea that neither the clan the dragon is born to or the dragon itself would know anything was going to happen. One day the urge to go somewhere or do something would begin to grow in the dragon. the discussion of the marked egg or dragon might begin to mean something when this started to happen.

They may be excited and intrigued or resistant to the idea of change.

I believe this would give latitude to the scope of stories the lore writer might create.
TzfAhH6.png
Maybe the mark only appears when the dragon accepts the calling from their deity to whatever it is the deity is calling them to do, spreading the worship of said deity, spreading the news of their love, etc.
Maybe the mark only appears when the dragon accepts the calling from their deity to whatever it is the deity is calling them to do, spreading the worship of said deity, spreading the news of their love, etc.
tumblr_p4pn5cGNiP1t5ymx8o1_500.png
I get that it is an Advent give away, but you are going against both site and flight lore if you get too touchy-feely. When Plague reps go forth to spread, it isn't cheer they are spreading. ::sneezes in illustration:: The struggle for survival makes you a tougher, better adapted dragon. This is not an easy calling, nor is it necessarily pretty.

I am not saying that anyone really wants to receive a pandemic disease for Christmas1, but we need to recognize that "holy callings" have a long history of going horribly horribly wrong and we should be careful about spreading messages that come from outside the game. I think the impulse to go forth should recognize that there are deity-specific callings. I can no easier see the Stormcaller allowing his employees off for the holiday than Scrooge would. They would instead have to make it the most productive holiday ever. I wouldn't want a flight rep that didn't represent it's flight accurately.

1 But if you do, I will try my best to hook you up. Rhab knows people.
I get that it is an Advent give away, but you are going against both site and flight lore if you get too touchy-feely. When Plague reps go forth to spread, it isn't cheer they are spreading. ::sneezes in illustration:: The struggle for survival makes you a tougher, better adapted dragon. This is not an easy calling, nor is it necessarily pretty.

I am not saying that anyone really wants to receive a pandemic disease for Christmas1, but we need to recognize that "holy callings" have a long history of going horribly horribly wrong and we should be careful about spreading messages that come from outside the game. I think the impulse to go forth should recognize that there are deity-specific callings. I can no easier see the Stormcaller allowing his employees off for the holiday than Scrooge would. They would instead have to make it the most productive holiday ever. I wouldn't want a flight rep that didn't represent it's flight accurately.

1 But if you do, I will try my best to hook you up. Rhab knows people.
@KaiMalut, ah gotcha! Thanks for clarifying for me :) That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'll put it up for a vote when I put up the rest of the lore options tomorrow as well.
@KaiMalut, ah gotcha! Thanks for clarifying for me :) That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'll put it up for a vote when I put up the rest of the lore options tomorrow as well.
g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png
@badgerstripes - Thank you so much for clarifing! Hope your wrist heals quickly, take lots of rest~
@badgerstripes - Thank you so much for clarifing! Hope your wrist heals quickly, take lots of rest~
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
I think marks on the dragons themselves works best. Visible during certain times (moon or other) is very nice, allows lot of leg room for improvising.
I think marks on the dragons themselves works best. Visible during certain times (moon or other) is very nice, allows lot of leg room for improvising.
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
@Allunar
@arrowe3
@BadgerStripes
@basicblack1986
@beargirl1393
@BlackSherruk
@Breshcandra
@Chrisondra
@Crescentstar711
@Emordnilap
@Fizzywits
@heartcrusher1
@humanityxpeople
@Jirazeil
@KaiMalut
@KatzPetz
@korradorable
@kriskrossness
@Krycelli
@MagpieScholar
@Melodious
@Pard
@PastCat
@PrimeNumbersCas
@Rhabdo
@SocialBookworm
@taat60
@Valyrie
@Wintercreek
@Witchfire
@WyldDandelyon
@Zygon

Alright, alright, alright (feel free to read that in either a Matthew McConaughey voice or to the tune of "hey ya" by Outkast)! We have our first round of assigned lore dragons!

#16 will be written by @taat60
#20 will by written by @Pard
#22 will be written by @PastCat
#27 will be written by @heartcrusher1
#7 will be written by @MagpieScholar
#12 will be written by @Emordnilap

MagiepieScholar and Emordnilap: You both have deluxe dragons. Will you be comfortable collaborating a bit with the artist for the delux dragons? And are you comfortable with writing lore to fit with the cohesive background lore?

taat60, Pard, PastCat, and heartcrusher1: As your dragons are not deluxe you may choose to participate in the cohesive lore or not as your choice.

Now, a few more things:
1. KaiMalut has suggested a ticket count of 1 ticket per 100 character spaces. This would mean that a story of 17,500 characters (spaces included) would net you 175 tickets (the max amount that kriski is allowing for per dragon for lore). So, while there is no technical maximum (though we don't want to write a Winds of Winter here lol) you can only win 175 tickets in total for each lore dragon. As for minimum amounts: What do we think of a minimum of 2500 characters (that includes spaces)? (Check out what a character count can look like here.) How do we all feel about awarding tickets in this way?

2. It has been brought up a few times that not all of the dragons would be conveying the same message (as the flights all value different things). The dragons taking part in the cohesive "Calling" lore would be spreading the message of their specific deity not necessarily one of "peace".

3. A "mark" has not yet seemed to be decided upon, but based on commentary it seems like support may be highest for the mark to be something physical on the dragon that only appears during a certain moon phase or only appears when the calling begins. Although, if the dragon's home clan has a soothsayer or two then there is no reason why the clan wouldn't know about it before the mark appears. And of course the dragon may accept this charge, may reject it, may cause havoc, may be adored, or be rejected in turn. It's all up to your lore as to how the dragon handles this charge and how the clans react to it. I'm on mobile right now so I can't put up a survey about all this so please talk amongst yourselves about the "moon mark" (which seems to be the only part without a majority consensus so far). I'll be watching the thread and put up the final verdict on this Sunday evening.

4. Anything else anyone wants to add with the lore or clarify?

Again, I'm on mobile until Sunday (traveling), but I'll be reading through and responding. Always feel free to PM me!

....I don't think I missed anything (sorry for the wall of text >.>), but if I did or if you have any concerns please let me know!
@Allunar
@arrowe3
@BadgerStripes
@basicblack1986
@beargirl1393
@BlackSherruk
@Breshcandra
@Chrisondra
@Crescentstar711
@Emordnilap
@Fizzywits
@heartcrusher1
@humanityxpeople
@Jirazeil
@KaiMalut
@KatzPetz
@korradorable
@kriskrossness
@Krycelli
@MagpieScholar
@Melodious
@Pard
@PastCat
@PrimeNumbersCas
@Rhabdo
@SocialBookworm
@taat60
@Valyrie
@Wintercreek
@Witchfire
@WyldDandelyon
@Zygon

Alright, alright, alright (feel free to read that in either a Matthew McConaughey voice or to the tune of "hey ya" by Outkast)! We have our first round of assigned lore dragons!

#16 will be written by @taat60
#20 will by written by @Pard
#22 will be written by @PastCat
#27 will be written by @heartcrusher1
#7 will be written by @MagpieScholar
#12 will be written by @Emordnilap

MagiepieScholar and Emordnilap: You both have deluxe dragons. Will you be comfortable collaborating a bit with the artist for the delux dragons? And are you comfortable with writing lore to fit with the cohesive background lore?

taat60, Pard, PastCat, and heartcrusher1: As your dragons are not deluxe you may choose to participate in the cohesive lore or not as your choice.

Now, a few more things:
1. KaiMalut has suggested a ticket count of 1 ticket per 100 character spaces. This would mean that a story of 17,500 characters (spaces included) would net you 175 tickets (the max amount that kriski is allowing for per dragon for lore). So, while there is no technical maximum (though we don't want to write a Winds of Winter here lol) you can only win 175 tickets in total for each lore dragon. As for minimum amounts: What do we think of a minimum of 2500 characters (that includes spaces)? (Check out what a character count can look like here.) How do we all feel about awarding tickets in this way?

2. It has been brought up a few times that not all of the dragons would be conveying the same message (as the flights all value different things). The dragons taking part in the cohesive "Calling" lore would be spreading the message of their specific deity not necessarily one of "peace".

3. A "mark" has not yet seemed to be decided upon, but based on commentary it seems like support may be highest for the mark to be something physical on the dragon that only appears during a certain moon phase or only appears when the calling begins. Although, if the dragon's home clan has a soothsayer or two then there is no reason why the clan wouldn't know about it before the mark appears. And of course the dragon may accept this charge, may reject it, may cause havoc, may be adored, or be rejected in turn. It's all up to your lore as to how the dragon handles this charge and how the clans react to it. I'm on mobile right now so I can't put up a survey about all this so please talk amongst yourselves about the "moon mark" (which seems to be the only part without a majority consensus so far). I'll be watching the thread and put up the final verdict on this Sunday evening.

4. Anything else anyone wants to add with the lore or clarify?

Again, I'm on mobile until Sunday (traveling), but I'll be reading through and responding. Always feel free to PM me!

....I don't think I missed anything (sorry for the wall of text >.>), but if I did or if you have any concerns please let me know!
g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png
@Wintercreek

oh man I wasn't expecting to get a deluxe this is a nice surprise
I'm absolutely alright with collaborating with the artist! And yep, I'm fine with working with the background lore. Heck, it might actually make writing the lore itself a bit easier since I've got something to pull from. :3

1. Awarding tickets based on character count sounds good! I'm all for it, and a 2500 minimum would work fine.

2. Aight, gotcha

3. Hm... I do like the idea of them having a physical mark, though having the mark be with them since the time they hatch is something I like more? I'm all good with it being associated with the moon phases or coming up for the calling if that's the general conensus for it, though I (personally) like more permanent marks?

4. Nope, nothing else!
@Wintercreek

oh man I wasn't expecting to get a deluxe this is a nice surprise
I'm absolutely alright with collaborating with the artist! And yep, I'm fine with working with the background lore. Heck, it might actually make writing the lore itself a bit easier since I've got something to pull from. :3

1. Awarding tickets based on character count sounds good! I'm all for it, and a 2500 minimum would work fine.

2. Aight, gotcha

3. Hm... I do like the idea of them having a physical mark, though having the mark be with them since the time they hatch is something I like more? I'm all good with it being associated with the moon phases or coming up for the calling if that's the general conensus for it, though I (personally) like more permanent marks?

4. Nope, nothing else!
pVhWnFy.png
@Wintercreek Happy to draw on the main lore, happy to collaborate with an artist!
@Wintercreek Happy to draw on the main lore, happy to collaborate with an artist!
d68awk1.pnggnImhnO.pngHNETOrN.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59