Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 280 281
I'm very happy with the lore progress I made today. My 100 Hatchling Challenge lore thread is close to being up to date now, and I updated my long-neglected thread for my Elements Lineage Challenge, too. Most of what I wrote today had to do with the many relationships of the dragons who star in those threads, Spark, Reina, and Fluorine.
I'm very happy with the lore progress I made today. My 100 Hatchling Challenge lore thread is close to being up to date now, and I updated my long-neglected thread for my Elements Lineage Challenge, too. Most of what I wrote today had to do with the many relationships of the dragons who star in those threads, Spark, Reina, and Fluorine.
Demon and Scylla both got the bulk of their bios done today! There's definitely some subsections that still need info, but schoolwork comes first.

In terms of clan couples, there's a few -

Juno is supposed to be hunting down Arie for her crimes, but oops Juno accidentally fell onto the wrong side of the law herself so now they're on the run together and slowly falling for each other.

Hapax the gardener keeps finding himself in Demon the healer's cave with thorn scratches. More and more, however, he keeps coming in just to talk to Demon. Demon doesn't seem to mind.

Katerma and Ryu would definitely be a couple if they, y'know, actually ever talked about their feelings instead of just pining over each other all the time. Nerds.

Will any of them ever actually get together? Will I ever actually finish writing bios for my permas? The world may never know.
Demon and Scylla both got the bulk of their bios done today! There's definitely some subsections that still need info, but schoolwork comes first.

In terms of clan couples, there's a few -

Juno is supposed to be hunting down Arie for her crimes, but oops Juno accidentally fell onto the wrong side of the law herself so now they're on the run together and slowly falling for each other.

Hapax the gardener keeps finding himself in Demon the healer's cave with thorn scratches. More and more, however, he keeps coming in just to talk to Demon. Demon doesn't seem to mind.

Katerma and Ryu would definitely be a couple if they, y'know, actually ever talked about their feelings instead of just pining over each other all the time. Nerds.

Will any of them ever actually get together? Will I ever actually finish writing bios for my permas? The world may never know.
ngipcID.png avery
they/them
artist
fodderlocke
g1 lair cleanout
I FINALLY wrote something.

....And it's not even related to my actual clan lore. Sigh. Here's a link to a lengthy piece I just scratched out about a swamp to the west of the Tangled Wood, my own creation– the Cursed Quagmire.

If anyone wants to riff on this or talk about swamp dragons, lemme know. I freakin' love swamps.

Excerpt:

In the wet seasons, it’s almost impossible to travel here without a boat or a strong swimming ability– thick drifts of fog and low-lying foliage make flying too dangerous even on the sunniest of days. Lairs are often built on stilts or in magically preserved tree trunks; unpredictable flooding means that dragons must take precaution lest they find their home soaked through. But when travelers see candlelight in the marshes, they must be careful, for it could be a fire burning in a peaceful lair or a will o’ the wisp tempting them to a waterlogged doom. On the west side of the Quagmire, nearer to Dragonhome, acidic peat covers the ground– the pungent, deep umber bricks are used by some nearby lairs as fuel for fire when wood is scarce.
I FINALLY wrote something.

....And it's not even related to my actual clan lore. Sigh. Here's a link to a lengthy piece I just scratched out about a swamp to the west of the Tangled Wood, my own creation– the Cursed Quagmire.

If anyone wants to riff on this or talk about swamp dragons, lemme know. I freakin' love swamps.

Excerpt:

In the wet seasons, it’s almost impossible to travel here without a boat or a strong swimming ability– thick drifts of fog and low-lying foliage make flying too dangerous even on the sunniest of days. Lairs are often built on stilts or in magically preserved tree trunks; unpredictable flooding means that dragons must take precaution lest they find their home soaked through. But when travelers see candlelight in the marshes, they must be careful, for it could be a fire burning in a peaceful lair or a will o’ the wisp tempting them to a waterlogged doom. On the west side of the Quagmire, nearer to Dragonhome, acidic peat covers the ground– the pungent, deep umber bricks are used by some nearby lairs as fuel for fire when wood is scarce.
cnEWdVO.pngxxxx
@After i'd love to get added to the ping list for future lore whining days!
@After i'd love to get added to the ping list for future lore whining days!
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
emperor's funeral: a legacy of war challenge

Hope you all enjoyed the Gala! Apologies for the slight delay in getting this posted, but I was busy with my last-minute fest scramble, whoops. (I bought eight King of Sylvan Frosts. I don't have a problem, you have a problem. >>; ) But the fest is now over and it's that time again, so this is your reminder ping - today, February 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

A couple random little prompt things today because why not:
  • How does your clan treat exaltees? Are they present in your lore at all? Are they trained warriors, cast-outs, travelers on the way to their deity, etc.? Are they honored in any way, such as with their flight's respective pedestals?
  • What do your dragons think of the Fortress of Ends? Is it a prison, a museum, both...? Have they heard any strange rumors? What might those Ice Flighters be hiding in there? And for the Ice Flighters who know: are there any favorite rumors that are way off the mark?
  • Okay this is ridiculously random but what is even up with Wise Whiskers? What do dragons think of other dergs with no hair whatsoever except on a certain part of their face??? I was looking at my Grandpa Snap and just realized how weird it actually is... Do they grow it somehow in those very specific spots? Do they just stick wads of something's fur onto their face??? what is it is it alive what happened here
  • ...Would you fight anyone in your lair? And would you win?

Personal goals for the day: I got a new fandragon and scattered one of my oldies into something nice, so I'll be setting up lore and bios for them today! And hopefully giving that oldie a name. And maybe a few other dragons names. I need so many names y'all.

Also gonna try to earn a buttload of treasure so I can buy (most of) the apparel that I want for those two, as well as Rangiku's Skydancer scroll. Being a Tundra with her current apparel looks a bit too joke-y right now and I am just really excited for her to be a Skydancer, haha. And as usual, if I can I'm going to try to find someone else to kick out of the lair because the admins still haven't raised the lair cap in 1.5 years aDMINS WHY WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME I'M DYING HERE TuT

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @

Hope you all enjoyed the Gala! Apologies for the slight delay in getting this posted, but I was busy with my last-minute fest scramble, whoops. (I bought eight King of Sylvan Frosts. I don't have a problem, you have a problem. >>; ) But the fest is now over and it's that time again, so this is your reminder ping - today, February 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

A couple random little prompt things today because why not:
  • How does your clan treat exaltees? Are they present in your lore at all? Are they trained warriors, cast-outs, travelers on the way to their deity, etc.? Are they honored in any way, such as with their flight's respective pedestals?
  • What do your dragons think of the Fortress of Ends? Is it a prison, a museum, both...? Have they heard any strange rumors? What might those Ice Flighters be hiding in there? And for the Ice Flighters who know: are there any favorite rumors that are way off the mark?
  • Okay this is ridiculously random but what is even up with Wise Whiskers? What do dragons think of other dergs with no hair whatsoever except on a certain part of their face??? I was looking at my Grandpa Snap and just realized how weird it actually is... Do they grow it somehow in those very specific spots? Do they just stick wads of something's fur onto their face??? what is it is it alive what happened here
  • ...Would you fight anyone in your lair? And would you win?

Personal goals for the day: I got a new fandragon and scattered one of my oldies into something nice, so I'll be setting up lore and bios for them today! And hopefully giving that oldie a name. And maybe a few other dragons names. I need so many names y'all.

Also gonna try to earn a buttload of treasure so I can buy (most of) the apparel that I want for those two, as well as Rangiku's Skydancer scroll. Being a Tundra with her current apparel looks a bit too joke-y right now and I am just really excited for her to be a Skydancer, haha. And as usual, if I can I'm going to try to find someone else to kick out of the lair because the admins still haven't raised the lair cap in 1.5 years aDMINS WHY WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME I'M DYING HERE TuT

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After My clan honors exalts in a rather... well, "traditional" if you call it kind of way. Clan Archivist (who right now is a Guardian named Laikku) talks with the Brave (as the clan calls them) the night before they depart the clan. With normal exaltees this isn't the case, but with those who are descended from the clan itself (my fodder) or those who've stayed for quite some time with them but have made up their minds and are ready to go ([s]a.k.a. dragons I fell out of love with oops[/s]) they have a chat with the Archivist and tell them about their lives, their experiences. There's also a reason why I hoard the [item=carved harpy mask] and its counterpart: for the Archivist then takes one of them and paints it with the colors of the dragon who's about to leave and hangs it up on a huge wall, along with their name underneath said mask. It's incredibly cheesy but that's how I honor the exaltees in my lair /o/
@After
My clan honors exalts in a rather... well, "traditional" if you call it kind of way.

Clan Archivist (who right now is a Guardian named Laikku) talks with the Brave (as the clan calls them) the night before they depart the clan. With normal exaltees this isn't the case, but with those who are descended from the clan itself (my fodder) or those who've stayed for quite some time with them but have made up their minds and are ready to go (a.k.a. dragons I fell out of love with oops) they have a chat with the Archivist and tell them about their lives, their experiences.

There's also a reason why I hoard the Carved Harpy Mask and its counterpart: for the Archivist then takes one of them and paints it with the colors of the dragon who's about to leave and hangs it up on a huge wall, along with their name underneath said mask.

It's incredibly cheesy but that's how I honor the exaltees in my lair /o/
My goals for today will be writing lore for (and naming lol) my two Lunar Eclipse / Super Moon / Blue Moon / Blood Moon dragons- here and here.
I have a rough idea of what I want to do for the male's lore, but no idea for the female yet, so I hope I can at least finish the male and get a rough idea for the female today.
My goals for today will be writing lore for (and naming lol) my two Lunar Eclipse / Super Moon / Blue Moon / Blood Moon dragons- here and here.
I have a rough idea of what I want to do for the male's lore, but no idea for the female yet, so I hope I can at least finish the male and get a rough idea for the female today.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sometimes my exaltees land themselves in my lore, but they usually don't. In my clan they are simply pious dragons that leave to serve their deity, so nothing special. I also don't see being exalted as something very definite. They can be visited by their former clan members. Sometimes they even get the opportunity to visit their clan.

My dragon consider the Fortress of Ends a prison. Some of them have even been there, though of course only as a visitor. Or were they...? (With that new festival apparel, I have decided to eventually add a former inmate to my lair. I just need to think how to introduce them to my lore because it's largely fluff and rainbows and it would be unlikely for them to just accept a convict into their ranks. Emprisoned innocently then?)

Some things are just to be accepted. Whiskers are one of them. I mean, my clan leader is an Arcane dragon. She surely has seen weirder things in her lifetime. Radiation Magic does strange stuff, kids.

And lastly, would I fight anyone in my lair? Probably Asha or his son Soren. Not because I think I could win. They are dragons. But if I had to anyway, I would wear my elephant onesie and hope that makes me cute enough for them not to attack me. Cute critters are both their biggest weakness, it runs in the family.

My goals for today are to maybe finally give my boy Asha his bio and overwork my lore on the profile page because I'm not happy with that anymore.

Problem: I have an exam tomorrow and need to study. But maybe I can get some lore writing in before I go to sleep.
Sometimes my exaltees land themselves in my lore, but they usually don't. In my clan they are simply pious dragons that leave to serve their deity, so nothing special. I also don't see being exalted as something very definite. They can be visited by their former clan members. Sometimes they even get the opportunity to visit their clan.

My dragon consider the Fortress of Ends a prison. Some of them have even been there, though of course only as a visitor. Or were they...? (With that new festival apparel, I have decided to eventually add a former inmate to my lair. I just need to think how to introduce them to my lore because it's largely fluff and rainbows and it would be unlikely for them to just accept a convict into their ranks. Emprisoned innocently then?)

Some things are just to be accepted. Whiskers are one of them. I mean, my clan leader is an Arcane dragon. She surely has seen weirder things in her lifetime. Radiation Magic does strange stuff, kids.

And lastly, would I fight anyone in my lair? Probably Asha or his son Soren. Not because I think I could win. They are dragons. But if I had to anyway, I would wear my elephant onesie and hope that makes me cute enough for them not to attack me. Cute critters are both their biggest weakness, it runs in the family.

My goals for today are to maybe finally give my boy Asha his bio and overwork my lore on the profile page because I'm not happy with that anymore.

Problem: I have an exam tomorrow and need to study. But maybe I can get some lore writing in before I go to sleep.
ZVpCPil.png
Exaltees? uhh... You sure you wanna know the answer to that? Because exaltees are not actually treated as dragons here. They're more like... artificially grown n stuff. If you wanna read more, here's a link to the post about exalting. Be warned though. It's not the prettiest nor the most humane lore bit in the world.

I imagine Fortress of Ends as a prison of some sorts. Like it's the end of the line sorta thing. Dragons would be sent there if they did a truly horrifying thing and they would spend there the rest of their life. And adding to the fact that it's an experiment facility and test subjects usually get treated with all sorts of medication and drugs... No dragon lives longer than a few years at the Fortress of Ends, the end of the line.

brb I think today I will work on Fortress of Ends and I have the perfect dragon for it.
Exaltees? uhh... You sure you wanna know the answer to that? Because exaltees are not actually treated as dragons here. They're more like... artificially grown n stuff. If you wanna read more, here's a link to the post about exalting. Be warned though. It's not the prettiest nor the most humane lore bit in the world.

I imagine Fortress of Ends as a prison of some sorts. Like it's the end of the line sorta thing. Dragons would be sent there if they did a truly horrifying thing and they would spend there the rest of their life. And adding to the fact that it's an experiment facility and test subjects usually get treated with all sorts of medication and drugs... No dragon lives longer than a few years at the Fortress of Ends, the end of the line.

brb I think today I will work on Fortress of Ends and I have the perfect dragon for it.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
@After

Add me to the pinglist, please. I need some motivation.
@After

Add me to the pinglist, please. I need some motivation.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 280 281