Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 280 281
Oh, hi fellow spark! The Phrontistery is also located within the shifting expanse. It's built into a mesa, but recent expansions have necessitated the addition of lightning rods, to ground the electricity. Because we're a scientific/magical research lab/think tank/workshop (it's complicated), Bliksem (the Ridgeback who installed them) managed to hook them up, so that the electricity from the lightning strike is gathered, and either used right away, or stored for later use.

Because the Phrontistery's located fairly high up, it means that we don't really have to worry about it being buried or toppled, and we're also located in an area where sandstorms don't occur very often. However, the lair collapsing is definitely a very real danger, and to combat that, a geokinetic Ridgeback was invited to join. The Phrontistery is also working towards being self-sufficient. Currently, several existing rooms are being reinforced to serve as 'panic rooms', with their own separate air filtration, power systems, water filtration, areas for agriculture, etc. So if the lair does end up collapsing/the dragons are trapped inside the Phrontistery somehow, then they can survive long enough for help to reach them. Even though it shouldn't happen any time soon, life tends to enjoy throwing curveballs at us.
Oh, hi fellow spark! The Phrontistery is also located within the shifting expanse. It's built into a mesa, but recent expansions have necessitated the addition of lightning rods, to ground the electricity. Because we're a scientific/magical research lab/think tank/workshop (it's complicated), Bliksem (the Ridgeback who installed them) managed to hook them up, so that the electricity from the lightning strike is gathered, and either used right away, or stored for later use.

Because the Phrontistery's located fairly high up, it means that we don't really have to worry about it being buried or toppled, and we're also located in an area where sandstorms don't occur very often. However, the lair collapsing is definitely a very real danger, and to combat that, a geokinetic Ridgeback was invited to join. The Phrontistery is also working towards being self-sufficient. Currently, several existing rooms are being reinforced to serve as 'panic rooms', with their own separate air filtration, power systems, water filtration, areas for agriculture, etc. So if the lair does end up collapsing/the dragons are trapped inside the Phrontistery somehow, then they can survive long enough for help to reach them. Even though it shouldn't happen any time soon, life tends to enjoy throwing curveballs at us.
nudX0O8.png

Please click these little guys, it takes way too long to hatch them.
[color=purple]I do hope you've been alright through all the storms! I think my own personal goal for today will be to actually work on finishing up the lore for my Gaolers. And then I'll have to add a bit to some of my other dragons to include how the introduction of Gaolers has affected them. [s]I'm very behind on all of this.[/s] After that maybe I'll get to the questions about natural/magical disasters. [emoji=gaoler laughing size=2]
I do hope you've been alright through all the storms!

I think my own personal goal for today will be to actually work on finishing up the lore for my Gaolers. And then I'll have to add a bit to some of my other dragons to include how the introduction of Gaolers has affected them. I'm very behind on all of this.
After that maybe I'll get to the questions about natural/magical disasters.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
Oh wow I came at the perfect time, @after may I please be added to the pinglist? I’m so ready to complain about all the lore I have to do lmao

I’m a stubborn dummy, so I legit made my own bio template cause I didn’t want to use someone else’s, I’m proud of it but like damn that took a while

I love how sidebanners look in bios but they’re also literally hell, because if your lore is like a tiny bit too long then everything gets thrown off and it sucks

I’m way too tired to do the prompt, sorry *skeets skeets away*
Oh wow I came at the perfect time, @after may I please be added to the pinglist? I’m so ready to complain about all the lore I have to do lmao

I’m a stubborn dummy, so I legit made my own bio template cause I didn’t want to use someone else’s, I’m proud of it but like damn that took a while

I love how sidebanners look in bios but they’re also literally hell, because if your lore is like a tiny bit too long then everything gets thrown off and it sucks

I’m way too tired to do the prompt, sorry *skeets skeets away*
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
Unfortunately it’s currently 5:33pm on the 14th for me, so Lore day is almost finished. However, I have worked on some of my lore stories, plus also planned out lore for my dragons and started ideas for both my new special eye dragons!

As for the prompt, in my lore my clan is prone to wildfires (mainly because I wanted to share something with them from my home country). They prepare for this by living in large cave systems, each den having a way out. The caves are all in the side of a smaller cliff, however there’s enough shrubbery that the fire can climb the cliff. So each winter, when it’s wetter and calmer, the dragons do control burning of the land around them, allowing new plants to grow and to stop fires from being that bad.
Unfortunately it’s currently 5:33pm on the 14th for me, so Lore day is almost finished. However, I have worked on some of my lore stories, plus also planned out lore for my dragons and started ideas for both my new special eye dragons!

As for the prompt, in my lore my clan is prone to wildfires (mainly because I wanted to share something with them from my home country). They prepare for this by living in large cave systems, each den having a way out. The caves are all in the side of a smaller cliff, however there’s enough shrubbery that the fire can climb the cliff. So each winter, when it’s wetter and calmer, the dragons do control burning of the land around them, allowing new plants to grow and to stop fires from being that bad.
image0.jpg
Meet Shyanne and Sundew
@LittlelillyBRR So... Australia?
@LittlelillyBRR So... Australia?
nudX0O8.png

Magical/Natural disasters? We'd probably run out to take notes, because this is Arcane and everyone has the survival instincts of a moth flying at a wildfire going "YUP LET'S GO TEAM!" and then wondering why they're on fire. The Runic Mountain Range is quite isolated from weather-related incidents. The only dangerous things are the dragons living in it, and the only dragons living in it is the clan. It'd help if someone stopped the alchemist from blowing up the lair every other day, but nobody's going to be that helpful. Goals for the week? Working on my evil villain Adder's lore. We need an actual no-nonsense "I will wreck the world" villain here to spice things up and make the rest of the clan look better. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52098875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520989/52098875_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Yes, he's a new perma. Yes, I've given up on revamp.
Magical/Natural disasters? We'd probably run out to take notes, because this is Arcane and everyone has the survival instincts of a moth flying at a wildfire going "YUP LET'S GO TEAM!" and then wondering why they're on fire.

The Runic Mountain Range is quite isolated from weather-related incidents. The only dangerous things are the dragons living in it, and the only dragons living in it is the clan. It'd help if someone stopped the alchemist from blowing up the lair every other day, but nobody's going to be that helpful.

Goals for the week? Working on my evil villain Adder's lore. We need an actual no-nonsense "I will wreck the world" villain here to spice things up and make the rest of the clan look better.

Yes, he's a new perma.

Yes, I've given up on revamp.
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
Gonna be a bit busy today with packing for a trip and hitting the road. Won't have a keyboard at the other end, so typing will be a bit slower there.

Quick goals for today:
  • Rehaul Fiachna's bio now that she's a grown and gened adult. Less about where she came from an more about who she is now!
  • Quick browse through my lair reveals that Itotia, Gut, Yama, Fivrun, Kala, Gurrok, and Bloodborne have empty bios. Not going to touch all of them, but I think it could be interesting to flesh out Yama a bit, and maybe give Fivrun another shot.

Maybe more on the prompt later! Initial thoughts: Plague territory might be a place of change and extremes, but weather is rarely one of them. That doesn't mean older clans aren't absolutely filled to the gills with doomsday survivalists with a contingency plan for everything, including extreme weather.

Close to the Wyrmwound, you probably have to be prepared for elemental storms and rain that is probably definitely not just water. Flooding of lowland areas might be a problem. Earthquakes happen, regardless of your god. (And to a smaller degree, fleshquakes, when the local terrain decides to go through a growth spurt). Sandstorms. Days with very, very poor air quality. Outbreaks. Food shortages.
Gonna be a bit busy today with packing for a trip and hitting the road. Won't have a keyboard at the other end, so typing will be a bit slower there.

Quick goals for today:
  • Rehaul Fiachna's bio now that she's a grown and gened adult. Less about where she came from an more about who she is now!
  • Quick browse through my lair reveals that Itotia, Gut, Yama, Fivrun, Kala, Gurrok, and Bloodborne have empty bios. Not going to touch all of them, but I think it could be interesting to flesh out Yama a bit, and maybe give Fivrun another shot.

Maybe more on the prompt later! Initial thoughts: Plague territory might be a place of change and extremes, but weather is rarely one of them. That doesn't mean older clans aren't absolutely filled to the gills with doomsday survivalists with a contingency plan for everything, including extreme weather.

Close to the Wyrmwound, you probably have to be prepared for elemental storms and rain that is probably definitely not just water. Flooding of lowland areas might be a problem. Earthquakes happen, regardless of your god. (And to a smaller degree, fleshquakes, when the local terrain decides to go through a growth spurt). Sandstorms. Days with very, very poor air quality. Outbreaks. Food shortages.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
oof I always forget about these but! I've been in a lore mood so I'm gonna crack down on writing

amusingly my clan is like, the bastion for magical disasters. the whole museum and associated complex is literally meant to stand until the end of the world, so they're just going to take whatever the world gives them pretty well. that said, disasters might cause alarm to the mortals, but the spirits and original curators basically don't care.

as for my plans? I really need to finish Minato's bio, he's only missing one section from it and I've just been scratching my head on exactly what to put there. As well, I want to code Snatcher's bio and get his lore out of list format.
oof I always forget about these but! I've been in a lore mood so I'm gonna crack down on writing

amusingly my clan is like, the bastion for magical disasters. the whole museum and associated complex is literally meant to stand until the end of the world, so they're just going to take whatever the world gives them pretty well. that said, disasters might cause alarm to the mortals, but the spirits and original curators basically don't care.

as for my plans? I really need to finish Minato's bio, he's only missing one section from it and I've just been scratching my head on exactly what to put there. As well, I want to code Snatcher's bio and get his lore out of list format.
wORSkxL.png
@Vulcanatus What's the weirdest, most 'out there' disaster that your clan's ever had to deal with?
@Vulcanatus What's the weirdest, most 'out there' disaster that your clan's ever had to deal with?
nudX0O8.png

@After I'd love to be on a pinglist!

In the meantime, I want to try and add some poems for my flight reps >:D
@After I'd love to be on a pinglist!

In the meantime, I want to try and add some poems for my flight reps >:D
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

1 2 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 280 281