Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 280 281
Soooo... They hunt down and lock up Shade creatures, huh? Like the one I recently exiled into my den because it got found out?

Exiling a Greater Horror (whose subspecies name and lore, by the way, coincidentally mesh nicely with the canon Horrorbeasts) probably wouldn't be as effective as exiling a regular dragon. Brigitte is an Overseer, assigned to recapture and guard Fear Of Moonless Night. She's trying to be very aloof and serious, but since she's just hanging out alone well away from the clan, sometimes someone will visit her, and she secretly enjoys the company. I don't have a good explanation yet for how she's a Nature Gaoler - I'll probably watch this thread today to get some ideas. The best I can come up with is that her elemental magic is adorable somehow and can change with the region, but that feels a bit weak to me.
Soooo... They hunt down and lock up Shade creatures, huh? Like the one I recently exiled into my den because it got found out?

Exiling a Greater Horror (whose subspecies name and lore, by the way, coincidentally mesh nicely with the canon Horrorbeasts) probably wouldn't be as effective as exiling a regular dragon. Brigitte is an Overseer, assigned to recapture and guard Fear Of Moonless Night. She's trying to be very aloof and serious, but since she's just hanging out alone well away from the clan, sometimes someone will visit her, and she secretly enjoys the company. I don't have a good explanation yet for how she's a Nature Gaoler - I'll probably watch this thread today to get some ideas. The best I can come up with is that her elemental magic is adorable somehow and can change with the region, but that feels a bit weak to me.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh gosh, here we go! Hope you do not mind rambles...

How do you think you might handle Ancients in your lore?
- Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not good? I have plans I just need to execute them //wow, uh, I need to get a better word for that//. Like they are going to be fully gened before I work on their lore, or I just jump the horse and do it before that. My ideas are all over the place, so I will likely do their lore before I get to the clans'. I have some ideas, just small ones that may change and all that, but at least I have it for now.

Will there be anyone likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?
- The gal that I turned into a Gaoler from a Mirror will have that documented. She is going to be my Seeker, along with her mate, who is //surprise!// also a Seeker. Her lore is being written by a user who I admire, and I look forward to reading what they wrote!

- The guy I have I will be writing for, and I want to give him some flare. So, he is being an outcast, as he let some prisoners escape because he has a big heart, and believes that they did not belong there. I have some of his basic personality fleshed out //he is very sarcastic when he is defensive, fatherly, and overprotective//, and I think he is going to work with my witch, to brew things!

Any thoughts as to how your existing dragons will approach these new-old breeds?
- HO BOY, do I ever! My outpost leaders (Braun, Stigma, and Ghost) will be baffled
and question them to no end. Just to make sure that they are not going to do any harm to their subjects(?) //I do not have a name for the other dragons lower than them yet lol// and then finally let them in. However, the Spies in my outposts are going to keep an eye on them... they may or may not watch them around the clock for the first months or so.

- Hatchlings and young-ish and maybe elders are going to be excited about the arrivals, as they heard stories. The rest are skeptical, cause they just pushed that aside from their youth. //I will flesh this out later, these are just notes, I have no real idea, so it may change. A lot will.//.

Goals
Hopefully, re-do all the lore that I have made from a year ago. Today is going to be a lot of writing I guess. I have the whole weekend to do so too, as I am going on a car ride of two hours. So, that is going to be fun. I may just look at one tab at a time, and compile the lore into a google doc.
Oh gosh, here we go! Hope you do not mind rambles...

- Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not good? I have plans I just need to execute them //wow, uh, I need to get a better word for that//. Like they are going to be fully gened before I work on their lore, or I just jump the horse and do it before that. My ideas are all over the place, so I will likely do their lore before I get to the clans'. I have some ideas, just small ones that may change and all that, but at least I have it for now.

Will there be anyone likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?
- The gal that I turned into a Gaoler from a Mirror will have that documented. She is going to be my Seeker, along with her mate, who is //surprise!// also a Seeker. Her lore is being written by a user who I admire, and I look forward to reading what they wrote!

- The guy I have I will be writing for, and I want to give him some flare. So, he is being an outcast, as he let some prisoners escape because he has a big heart, and believes that they did not belong there. I have some of his basic personality fleshed out //he is very sarcastic when he is defensive, fatherly, and overprotective//, and I think he is going to work with my witch, to brew things!

Any thoughts as to how your existing dragons will approach these new-old breeds?
- HO BOY, do I ever! My outpost leaders (Braun, Stigma, and Ghost) will be baffled
and question them to no end. Just to make sure that they are not going to do any harm to their subjects(?) //I do not have a name for the other dragons lower than them yet lol// and then finally let them in. However, the Spies in my outposts are going to keep an eye on them... they may or may not watch them around the clock for the first months or so.

- Hatchlings and young-ish and maybe elders are going to be excited about the arrivals, as they heard stories. The rest are skeptical, cause they just pushed that aside from their youth. //I will flesh this out later, these are just notes, I have no real idea, so it may change. A lot will.//.

Goals
Hopefully, re-do all the lore that I have made from a year ago. Today is going to be a lot of writing I guess. I have the whole weekend to do so too, as I am going on a car ride of two hours. So, that is going to be fun. I may just look at one tab at a time, and compile the lore into a google doc.
earth.gif
FR +3
They/Them

Lore Fiend + Aff Artist

Brewing Corner
@Wyndolen @AquaParrot - You've both been added! c: @TehuMertt - [i]Oh my god[/i] that's what that looks like on Inspect Element??? That's terrible mflskdjflskjr [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] I'm just really lazy and don't want to have to edit out the pinglist every time, haha. Glad I could provide some amusement! [s]Also I didn't realize before how many I had but apparently I've stacked [i]74 size1 tags[/i][/s]... @kiwipen - Perhaps this is a "second" return for your Gaolers, in the sense of maybe the site release of Gaolers takes place before the deities died in your lore? And when that happened, most of the Ancients died as well or otherwise went back underground, perhaps out of shame for perceiving to have failed to protect their respective gods? Depends on what lore surrounds Ancient breeds in the future I suppose, but that might work in the meantime for Ice's. *thinking* @SparkyLurkdragon - Haha, "Weird Stuff as possible Shade Shenanigans" sounds like entirely too much of my lair for their comfort. The Gaoler squad I have planned that'll eventually investigate my own clan is nooooooot gonna be too happy about what's going on here. XD Figuring out what they'll decide to be active against though is gonna be the hard part; while not necessarily [i]Shade[/i], there's definitely some malevolent (and powerful+morally questionable) entities running around. @Kaitorubel - [s]Is,,, is Silver a reference or is that just a coincidence?[/s] @Leopardmask - Yeah, off-flight Gaolers are an interesting puzzle on my end as well. My explanations so far are down to breed-change scrolls, or the possibility some Seekers that ran away/were trapped elsewhere somehow when that Order was active the first time and so now there's teeny off-flight populations of them hiding around Sornieth that'll rejoin the others with the new Seeker activity. There's also the active-deity-involvement route, blessing/curse/what have you, but I'm not sure if I want to go with that for any of mine, at least just yet. *thinking* Though now that I think of it, perhaps there are ancient versions of breed-change scrolls that are more like lost artifacts, power sealed in some sort of object, waiting for an explorer to stumble upon them... and may or may not be more unpredictable/corrupt/full of dark magic depending on how well-looked upon that might've been in the past... hmm!
@Wyndolen @AquaParrot - You've both been added! c:

@TehuMertt - Oh my god that's what that looks like on Inspect Element??? That's terrible mflskdjflskjr I'm just really lazy and don't want to have to edit out the pinglist every time, haha. Glad I could provide some amusement! Also I didn't realize before how many I had but apparently I've stacked 74 size1 tags...

@kiwipen - Perhaps this is a "second" return for your Gaolers, in the sense of maybe the site release of Gaolers takes place before the deities died in your lore? And when that happened, most of the Ancients died as well or otherwise went back underground, perhaps out of shame for perceiving to have failed to protect their respective gods? Depends on what lore surrounds Ancient breeds in the future I suppose, but that might work in the meantime for Ice's. *thinking*

@SparkyLurkdragon - Haha, "Weird Stuff as possible Shade Shenanigans" sounds like entirely too much of my lair for their comfort. The Gaoler squad I have planned that'll eventually investigate my own clan is nooooooot gonna be too happy about what's going on here. XD Figuring out what they'll decide to be active against though is gonna be the hard part; while not necessarily Shade, there's definitely some malevolent (and powerful+morally questionable) entities running around.

@Kaitorubel - Is,,, is Silver a reference or is that just a coincidence?

@Leopardmask - Yeah, off-flight Gaolers are an interesting puzzle on my end as well. My explanations so far are down to breed-change scrolls, or the possibility some Seekers that ran away/were trapped elsewhere somehow when that Order was active the first time and so now there's teeny off-flight populations of them hiding around Sornieth that'll rejoin the others with the new Seeker activity.

There's also the active-deity-involvement route, blessing/curse/what have you, but I'm not sure if I want to go with that for any of mine, at least just yet. *thinking* Though now that I think of it, perhaps there are ancient versions of breed-change scrolls that are more like lost artifacts, power sealed in some sort of object, waiting for an explorer to stumble upon them... and may or may not be more unpredictable/corrupt/full of dark magic depending on how well-looked upon that might've been in the past... hmm!
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I've been waiting for this! My approach to Ancients did change a little bit, partly because of some thoughts from last LWD. [b]How do you think you might handle Ancients in your lore?[/b] [indent]Looking at the lore for Gaolers, it looks like it's going to be on a case-by-case basis, probably sticking fairly close to however the staff decide to canonically introduce the breeds. In other words: we'll see![/indent] [b]Will there be anyone who's likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?[/b] [indent]So I mentioned last time that I don't use breed changes very often (when I do, I gloss over about half of them in the lore), but I might get a new dragon, breed-change them, and pretend they've always been Ancient. Since Gaoler eggs weren't an option (kind of a relief, in hindsight), that's what I did! My birthday is two days before the site anniversary, so I hatched an egg and bought a primal, then stuck 'em in the Den and hoped they might look nice as Ancients. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52408701][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/524088/52408701.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52428188][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/524282/52428188.png[/img][/url][/center] And bam, they did! I'm cool with pretending that they've always been Gaolers. I breed-changed them when they were still hatchlings, so they didn't have any pre-existing lore or outfits or anything to get attached to. Fiachna (left) was a Tundra originally, with two Tundra parents that were [i]also[/i] breed-changed to Gaolers on the anniversary, so that worked out nicely. Leros (the other guy) was a G1, so I've got a clean slate to make up my own story for him. [/indent] [b]Who's incorporating the new site lore in their own? Anyone have dragons part of the five Orders or that otherwise follow the general breed inclinations? What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have? [s]Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?[/s][/b] [indent]It's interesting to think about! My current two Gaolers came to the clan as hatchlings in my lore, so they're fairly disconnected from traditional Gaoler culture. (Also, my clan may have initially thought they were just weird Tundras, until they hit adult size in a fraction of the usual time and just kept growing. Some of the scholars may have a detective-style investigation board tracking dragon migrations out of the Southern Icefield. They'll get to the bottom of this, eventually.) Fiachna was semi-adopted by a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18000]Tundra[/url]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30736]Guardian[/url] pair in the clan. At this point it's hard to tell what traits of hers are innate and what traits are just a result of being raised by two breeds that basically average out to a Gaoler anyway. She doesn't keep a spartan dwelling space, though; she's got a love of comfort and plans to fill her den with soft things and interesting knickknacks. If she were growing up among Gaolers, she'd probably join the Keepers, but as it is, she might translate the instinct to guard into seeking out a "charge" of sorts, like her Guardian mum. If that doesn't work out, her birth parents might also be able to expect a letter with a gift and a polite request for how to best care for their enormous furry child. (I've never written a hatchling letter before! Hope I don't chicken out.) Leros is...a little vaguer in his lore, might work on it today. I'll look into giving him a small antler friend. [/indent] [center][item=dragonhorn coral][/center]
I've been waiting for this! My approach to Ancients did change a little bit, partly because of some thoughts from last LWD.

Looking at the lore for Gaolers, it looks like it's going to be on a case-by-case basis, probably sticking fairly close to however the staff decide to canonically introduce the breeds. In other words: we'll see!

Will there be anyone who's likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?

So I mentioned last time that I don't use breed changes very often (when I do, I gloss over about half of them in the lore), but I might get a new dragon, breed-change them, and pretend they've always been Ancient. Since Gaoler eggs weren't an option (kind of a relief, in hindsight), that's what I did!

My birthday is two days before the site anniversary, so I hatched an egg and bought a primal, then stuck 'em in the Den and hoped they might look nice as Ancients.
52408701.png 52428188.png
And bam, they did!

I'm cool with pretending that they've always been Gaolers. I breed-changed them when they were still hatchlings, so they didn't have any pre-existing lore or outfits or anything to get attached to. Fiachna (left) was a Tundra originally, with two Tundra parents that were also breed-changed to Gaolers on the anniversary, so that worked out nicely. Leros (the other guy) was a G1, so I've got a clean slate to make up my own story for him.

Who's incorporating the new site lore in their own? Anyone have dragons part of the five Orders or that otherwise follow the general breed inclinations? What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have? Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?

It's interesting to think about! My current two Gaolers came to the clan as hatchlings in my lore, so they're fairly disconnected from traditional Gaoler culture. (Also, my clan may have initially thought they were just weird Tundras, until they hit adult size in a fraction of the usual time and just kept growing. Some of the scholars may have a detective-style investigation board tracking dragon migrations out of the Southern Icefield. They'll get to the bottom of this, eventually.)

Fiachna was semi-adopted by a Tundra-Guardian pair in the clan. At this point it's hard to tell what traits of hers are innate and what traits are just a result of being raised by two breeds that basically average out to a Gaoler anyway. She doesn't keep a spartan dwelling space, though; she's got a love of comfort and plans to fill her den with soft things and interesting knickknacks.

If she were growing up among Gaolers, she'd probably join the Keepers, but as it is, she might translate the instinct to guard into seeking out a "charge" of sorts, like her Guardian mum. If that doesn't work out, her birth parents might also be able to expect a letter with a gift and a polite request for how to best care for their enormous furry child. (I've never written a hatchling letter before! Hope I don't chicken out.)

Leros is...a little vaguer in his lore, might work on it today. I'll look into giving him a small antler friend.
Dragonhorn Coral
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
Gaolers!!!

This update came out just right for my lore tbh. I changed flights recently, and overall the clan (Now named Riades) is well established in light, but In the future some dragons will part ways and return to their home land. Now with Gaolers on the picture, I have the perfect reason for that move, and what my Ice-inclined dragons will do there.

So my second ruler will be the Gaoler! I still cannot find the perfect gaoler for the position, but I will find it eventually. They will be on the sentry order, and will receive dragons to help them in their faction around the Southern Icefield.

Goals for today: Maybe I can find my dream gaoler!
Gaolers!!!

This update came out just right for my lore tbh. I changed flights recently, and overall the clan (Now named Riades) is well established in light, but In the future some dragons will part ways and return to their home land. Now with Gaolers on the picture, I have the perfect reason for that move, and what my Ice-inclined dragons will do there.

So my second ruler will be the Gaoler! I still cannot find the perfect gaoler for the position, but I will find it eventually. They will be on the sentry order, and will receive dragons to help them in their faction around the Southern Icefield.

Goals for today: Maybe I can find my dream gaoler!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa earthanim4.gif ePOliyb.png
04PIMth.png
oxDm2Un.png
earthanim3.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[center][color=purple]I'm very excited for Gaolers to be here. [emoji=gaoler star size=1] I was thinking up lore the moment I read their encyclopedia entry! [b]Anyone have dragons part of the five Orders or that otherwise follow the general breed inclinations?[/b] [i]Seekers[/i] are [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=12385&tab=dragon&did=40571778]Ylva[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=12385&tab=dragon&did=13950422]Varg[/url]. They came to Plague lands looking the Shade and similarly malicious entities. Something's up with the Verboten Guild, but they can't put their paws on it [i]quite[/i] yet. And I have one [i]Overseer[/i], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=12385&tab=dragon&did=52165609]Tien[/url]. She knows there's something here and she's absolutely dying to perform her duty. [b]What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have?[/b] I don't have any as of yet, though I do plan to breed Ylva and Varg once I've gotten hold of their genes! I'm sure I'll have non-Ice Gaolers in the near future. I'm sure Gaolers are like the modern breeds in that the magic of the area is was seeps into the eggs and decides the element of the hatchlings. As the Gaolers spread out across Sorneith we're going to see plenty of different elements. [s][b]Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?[/b] Yes, absolutely.[/s] [b]Goals[/b] Actually write up the lore for my Gaolers, as well as incorporate it into the rest of my guild lore. Going to be a real fun time!
I'm very excited for Gaolers to be here. I was thinking up lore the moment I read their encyclopedia entry!

Anyone have dragons part of the five Orders or that otherwise follow the general breed inclinations?
Seekers are Ylva and Varg. They came to Plague lands looking the Shade and similarly malicious entities. Something's up with the Verboten Guild, but they can't put their paws on it quite yet.

And I have one Overseer, Tien. She knows there's something here and she's absolutely dying to perform her duty.

What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have?
I don't have any as of yet, though I do plan to breed Ylva and Varg once I've gotten hold of their genes! I'm sure I'll have non-Ice Gaolers in the near future. I'm sure Gaolers are like the modern breeds in that the magic of the area is was seeps into the eggs and decides the element of the hatchlings. As the Gaolers spread out across Sorneith we're going to see plenty of different elements.

Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?
Yes, absolutely.

Goals
Actually write up the lore for my Gaolers, as well as incorporate it into the rest of my guild lore. Going to be a real fun time!
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
I think lore-wise, Gaolers will always have existed in my lore (which is what I did for bogs), which would make things easier. Though it'd be fun to have an ancient breed criticize modern breeds on their new fangled magicks and tamperings with the Shade. My goal is to revamp some old dragon bios. You may notice that was also my goal from last time, and that's because I ended up not doing the thing XD On the bright side though, I got and lored 2 new dragons! The first is Unnamed, a self-obsessed Nocturne. Why is she unnamed? Because she can't be named XD [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48134518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481346/48134518_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Next is Mysteria, my cafe owner who I finally gened. Sadly, she needs the umbral scale wingpiece and I don't see it on the AH, so she's going to be wearing some random things for now. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45426982] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454270/45426982_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I also got Adder, who I'll be loring up at some point in time. He's the evil scientist, because my clan needs someone who's actually evil and serious about evil, not evil but stupid about being evil. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52098875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520989/52098875_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
I think lore-wise, Gaolers will always have existed in my lore (which is what I did for bogs), which would make things easier. Though it'd be fun to have an ancient breed criticize modern breeds on their new fangled magicks and tamperings with the Shade.

My goal is to revamp some old dragon bios. You may notice that was also my goal from last time, and that's because I ended up not doing the thing XD

On the bright side though, I got and lored 2 new dragons!

The first is Unnamed, a self-obsessed Nocturne. Why is she unnamed? Because she can't be named XD

Next is Mysteria, my cafe owner who I finally gened. Sadly, she needs the umbral scale wingpiece and I don't see it on the AH, so she's going to be wearing some random things for now.

I also got Adder, who I'll be loring up at some point in time. He's the evil scientist, because my clan needs someone who's actually evil and serious about evil, not evil but stupid about being evil.
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
@After
yeah Silver is strongly based off a certain hedgehog that I've been a little too obsessed with lately. But he's not the first fan based dragon in my lore and certainly not the last. He'll fit nicely into my future overall lore though (whenever i get around to writing that).
@After
yeah Silver is strongly based off a certain hedgehog that I've been a little too obsessed with lately. But he's not the first fan based dragon in my lore and certainly not the last. He'll fit nicely into my future overall lore though (whenever i get around to writing that).
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
@After I have quite a few things to do today! I still wanna take advantage of Sunparched Prowl and finally level up my progens up to 25! After which, they will be yeeted into the Den whilst I wait for the Arcane and Water dragons, which I will be changing my Progens into, hopefully!

In the meantime, I still have assignments to do and treasure to earn, BUT I'll still try to make some time for lore!

Now, onto your questions! I had some time to answer them this time around!

1. How do you think you might handle Ancients in your lore?
Ancients will be very important in my lore! Since my clan is full of aliens, entities, or just strange dragon outcasts who are fighting against an ancient enemy, the Ancients will definitely be a big help! I plan to have the Ancients assist my flight reps who are still in the works, one for each flight, though some might have different elements depending on how they look (example - Gaolers with Gnarlhorns look like a moose, so I might have one for Ice and another that assists my Nature rep). Gaolers will play a big role, especially because of their factions and end goals. I plan to have at least one from each faction.

2. Will there be anyone who's likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?
Both, really! Some weren't even aware that they were, and one had amnesia for a bit before remembering what his true mission was. The first Gaoler in my clan, a permababy that my clan found named Froste, is one of the more powerful Gaolers in spite of being so young, and he could tell which ones in my clan were Gaolers from the get-go. After the Gaolers made themselves known to Sornieth, he is the one who grants Gaoler scrolls to some of the dragons in my clan.

3. Any thoughts as to how your existing dragons will approach these new-old breeds?
With respect and friendliness, of course, just like they would with any other dragons coming by to the island, though with an added touch of cautiousness. Gaolers, and Ancients by extension, are often what they shapeshifted into to blend in during the olden days. However, they still expect that the respect will be mutual. They're willing to nurse them back to health if they show up to the clan's barrier badly injured and will not force them to join the clan afterwards (goes against their morals). They will take their backgrounds into account when working with Ancients inside or outside of the clan. With that said, my clan leader, Yuletide, makes sure to keep special eyes on the Ancient visitors.

4. What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have?
Either they were breed-changed thanks to another Gaoler, or had Gaoler parents that moved into a different region to investigate the Shade and decided to have children there. The Shade is everywhere now, after all.

5. Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?
YEP. Some of the Fae even like to rest on the antlers of Gaolers, and Gaolers don't seem to mind them.

Goals for Today:
- Finish assignments for the week.
- Start leveling progens like mad. Only three days in Sunparched Prowl left!
- Train fodder with them!
- Work on possible clan lore, maybe a possible dragon sign language for my deaf/mute dergs?
- Work on the Hollow Knight subspecies! Make some lore n' stuff.
@After I have quite a few things to do today! I still wanna take advantage of Sunparched Prowl and finally level up my progens up to 25! After which, they will be yeeted into the Den whilst I wait for the Arcane and Water dragons, which I will be changing my Progens into, hopefully!

In the meantime, I still have assignments to do and treasure to earn, BUT I'll still try to make some time for lore!

Now, onto your questions! I had some time to answer them this time around!

1. How do you think you might handle Ancients in your lore?
Ancients will be very important in my lore! Since my clan is full of aliens, entities, or just strange dragon outcasts who are fighting against an ancient enemy, the Ancients will definitely be a big help! I plan to have the Ancients assist my flight reps who are still in the works, one for each flight, though some might have different elements depending on how they look (example - Gaolers with Gnarlhorns look like a moose, so I might have one for Ice and another that assists my Nature rep). Gaolers will play a big role, especially because of their factions and end goals. I plan to have at least one from each faction.

2. Will there be anyone who's likely to be breed-changed in lore, or do you have any dragons that are planned to have "always been" Ancients and are just now coming out of hiding/have just been kept a secret?
Both, really! Some weren't even aware that they were, and one had amnesia for a bit before remembering what his true mission was. The first Gaoler in my clan, a permababy that my clan found named Froste, is one of the more powerful Gaolers in spite of being so young, and he could tell which ones in my clan were Gaolers from the get-go. After the Gaolers made themselves known to Sornieth, he is the one who grants Gaoler scrolls to some of the dragons in my clan.

3. Any thoughts as to how your existing dragons will approach these new-old breeds?
With respect and friendliness, of course, just like they would with any other dragons coming by to the island, though with an added touch of cautiousness. Gaolers, and Ancients by extension, are often what they shapeshifted into to blend in during the olden days. However, they still expect that the respect will be mutual. They're willing to nurse them back to health if they show up to the clan's barrier badly injured and will not force them to join the clan afterwards (goes against their morals). They will take their backgrounds into account when working with Ancients inside or outside of the clan. With that said, my clan leader, Yuletide, makes sure to keep special eyes on the Ancient visitors.

4. What are your explanations for possible non-Ice Gaolers you might have?
Either they were breed-changed thanks to another Gaoler, or had Gaoler parents that moved into a different region to investigate the Shade and decided to have children there. The Shade is everywhere now, after all.

5. Do your Gaolers have small friends that just kinda hang out in their antlers?
YEP. Some of the Fae even like to rest on the antlers of Gaolers, and Gaolers don't seem to mind them.

Goals for Today:
- Finish assignments for the week.
- Start leveling progens like mad. Only three days in Sunparched Prowl left!
- Train fodder with them!
- Work on possible clan lore, maybe a possible dragon sign language for my deaf/mute dergs?
- Work on the Hollow Knight subspecies! Make some lore n' stuff.
MiowxPk.gif NNGMvB2.pngwwQtqt8.png
i've been lost on my gaoler lore for a while...tossing ideas around on how to explain non-ice gaolers, like maybe their eggs were abandoned, or they were forcibly breed changed?? it's so hard to figure out!! but i have three lil babies (one of whom, mille, is my avatar) and hopefully i'll be able to decide on some lore for them soon!
i've been lost on my gaoler lore for a while...tossing ideas around on how to explain non-ice gaolers, like maybe their eggs were abandoned, or they were forcibly breed changed?? it's so hard to figure out!! but i have three lil babies (one of whom, mille, is my avatar) and hopefully i'll be able to decide on some lore for them soon!
Lk8UWJk.gifxx
1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 280 281