Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 280 281
I don't really have a plan for my lore, and the plans i do have don't work out as planned exactly. Like I originally planned for Bruce the gaurdian to forever be the clan leader but that was before the wildclaws increased in great number. though I guess in a way Bruce still controls the clan cause theirs no arguing with Bruce, unless you want a smashing.
So everything else just kind of happens based on what seems to be happening in the clan, and how each dragon influences it.
the only plan I really got going on for my lore right now though is just about the wildclaw kings getting more powerful, to help restore the clan back to normal since there was a curse that had recently took place. but that's not going to be enough and they are going to need the power of the primals. but I dunno what's going to happen after the primals come in though. just gotta wait and see on that.

don't have a lore goal for today since I most likely won't have the time to write lore today.

I don't really have a plan for my lore, and the plans i do have don't work out as planned exactly. Like I originally planned for Bruce the gaurdian to forever be the clan leader but that was before the wildclaws increased in great number. though I guess in a way Bruce still controls the clan cause theirs no arguing with Bruce, unless you want a smashing.
So everything else just kind of happens based on what seems to be happening in the clan, and how each dragon influences it.
the only plan I really got going on for my lore right now though is just about the wildclaw kings getting more powerful, to help restore the clan back to normal since there was a curse that had recently took place. but that's not going to be enough and they are going to need the power of the primals. but I dunno what's going to happen after the primals come in though. just gotta wait and see on that.

don't have a lore goal for today since I most likely won't have the time to write lore today.

tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
I definitely do my lore in bits and pieces as new ideas and dragons come to me. There's no overarching narrative, and you don't really need to know the other pieces to understand any one part. It leaves a lot of wiggle room if I change my mind about things! Speaking of spontaneous lore, I've had a surprising amount of fun just...inventing characters for some breeding project dragons I've got. I know I won't have them for very long, and I haven't got the room to keep them past this generation, but that's been kind of freeing. It [i]is[/i] a fandragon project, which has given me a bit of a jumping-off point, like, "Okay, how do we get from here to there?" The newest member of the project is Golwûr here! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49589455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495895/49589455_350.png[/img] [/url] My goal for today is to figure her out a little more, and maybe come up with a plan for how I can preserve these dragons' outfits and profiles for when they're gone.
I definitely do my lore in bits and pieces as new ideas and dragons come to me. There's no overarching narrative, and you don't really need to know the other pieces to understand any one part. It leaves a lot of wiggle room if I change my mind about things!

Speaking of spontaneous lore, I've had a surprising amount of fun just...inventing characters for some breeding project dragons I've got. I know I won't have them for very long, and I haven't got the room to keep them past this generation, but that's been kind of freeing. It is a fandragon project, which has given me a bit of a jumping-off point, like, "Okay, how do we get from here to there?"

The newest member of the project is Golwûr here!

49589455_350.png

My goal for today is to figure her out a little more, and maybe come up with a plan for how I can preserve these dragons' outfits and profiles for when they're gone.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
My clan lore is definitely more on the open-ended shenanigans side of things. I've never really had the inclination to do crazy complex stories, though there is a chronology to how things happen that doesn't always match the mechanical chronology (for instance, my Shade dragon that canonically was kicked out as soon as the first dragon who could sense Shade presence joined the clan, but in actuality stuck around until I could boot it into the hibernal den). Even my Pinkerlockes follow the open-ended shenanigans form; it's more fun for me that way. It's more fun to read lore like that, too, because I can hop around to individual dragons and see the gist of the clan without some dramatic story about internal conflict and overthrowing kings. Not that that kind of lore is bad, but it just doesn't necessarily fit every society. We're just a bunch of hippies out in the jungle.

I have no idea what to do for lore today but I would love to do SOMETHING. Maybe I'll write out Rabbit's story.
My clan lore is definitely more on the open-ended shenanigans side of things. I've never really had the inclination to do crazy complex stories, though there is a chronology to how things happen that doesn't always match the mechanical chronology (for instance, my Shade dragon that canonically was kicked out as soon as the first dragon who could sense Shade presence joined the clan, but in actuality stuck around until I could boot it into the hibernal den). Even my Pinkerlockes follow the open-ended shenanigans form; it's more fun for me that way. It's more fun to read lore like that, too, because I can hop around to individual dragons and see the gist of the clan without some dramatic story about internal conflict and overthrowing kings. Not that that kind of lore is bad, but it just doesn't necessarily fit every society. We're just a bunch of hippies out in the jungle.

I have no idea what to do for lore today but I would love to do SOMETHING. Maybe I'll write out Rabbit's story.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
my clan lore is like a combo of both - i come up with new storylines and stuff all the time based on who's in my lair, my ideas, and what they're up to, but the storylines themselves are actually plotted out and written like very small novels. there hasn't been much of that lately tho OTL
my clan lore is like a combo of both - i come up with new storylines and stuff all the time based on who's in my lair, my ideas, and what they're up to, but the storylines themselves are actually plotted out and written like very small novels. there hasn't been much of that lately tho OTL
Lk8UWJk.gifxx
My lore is relatively simple. Most of it is just about the lives of the dragons, with a few short stories I'm gonna write once all the bios are done.
My lore is relatively simple. Most of it is just about the lives of the dragons, with a few short stories I'm gonna write once all the bios are done.
i don't really have a story arc for mine? i just have a basic outline, and then short pieces about who the characters are & how they act!
i don't really have a story arc for mine? i just have a basic outline, and then short pieces about who the characters are & how they act!
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
My clan lore is centered around a murder mystery that happens after a group of dragons vanish into the giant cave beneath the lair. (Notice that I haven't written any part of this out yet XD) Basically, it involves fallen entities, dragons gone mad, dragons who are the centerpieces of it all but can't remember key information, and then there's that random group of dragons just there for kicks. A side lore I'm working on is Project Runesnake! It's... it's a process XD I'm trying to get it be sort of one of those interactive adventure stories I used to really like. ----- Anyway, in regards to progress! Project Runesnake has progressed quite a bit since we last left off! A few dragons got very edgy lore: [columns] [color=transparent]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color][nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43576139] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/435762/43576139.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43609005] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/436091/43609005.png[/img] [/url][/columns] My to-be-permababe Ayrveti, got lore! She still needs her Stripes and permababe scroll, as well as graphics. Her older cousin Herayla is in the process of getting lore! I could probably finish it in a couple of minutes if I'd just stop slacking off but... yeah that ain't happening buddy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48793782] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487938/48793782_350.png[/img] [/url] [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47883074] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/478831/47883074_350.png[/img] [/url] [/right] Oh, and I updated my clan profile! I haven't touched it for like three years, I'm more proud of myself than I probably should be.
My clan lore is centered around a murder mystery that happens after a group of dragons vanish into the giant cave beneath the lair. (Notice that I haven't written any part of this out yet XD) Basically, it involves fallen entities, dragons gone mad, dragons who are the centerpieces of it all but can't remember key information, and then there's that random group of dragons just there for kicks.

A side lore I'm working on is Project Runesnake! It's... it's a process XD I'm trying to get it be sort of one of those interactive adventure stories I used to really like.

Anyway, in regards to progress!

Project Runesnake has progressed quite a bit since we last left off! A few dragons got very edgy lore:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
43576139.png

43609005.png

My to-be-permababe Ayrveti, got lore! She still needs her Stripes and permababe scroll, as well as graphics. Her older cousin Herayla is in the process of getting lore! I could probably finish it in a couple of minutes if I'd just stop slacking off but... yeah that ain't happening buddy.

48793782_350.png

Oh, and I updated my clan profile! I haven't touched it for like three years, I'm more proud of myself than I probably should be.
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
@after

I'd love to be added to the pinglist. I could definitely use some consistent motivation to work things out. :,)
@after

I'd love to be added to the pinglist. I could definitely use some consistent motivation to work things out. :,)
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
I cant decide who or what to write about today....

edit: idk if i asked this before @after, but could I be added to the pinglist? :o
I cant decide who or what to write about today....

edit: idk if i asked this before @after, but could I be added to the pinglist? :o
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
@GrimTheReaper @Fenix @KingMoriarty @Elisse - You've all been added! \ovo/
@GrimTheReaper @Fenix @KingMoriarty @Elisse - You've all been added! \ovo/
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 280 281