Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 280 281

And we're back! Here is your reminder ping - tomorrow, February 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Continuing my recent curious streak, today I'd like to ask another question: ignoring how much has actually been written or not (*shifty eyes*), how "long" is your clan/lair's story plan? Do you have a set series of events with a start and end, similar to a novel? Or does your lore build upon itself eternally as new ideas and new events come into play? (And on a related note, which do you find most fun to read?)

From what I've seen, I feel like most lairs tend toward the second setup, and I'm no exception. My lore's made up of several intersecting story arcs that can sometimes make up larger arcs or just work standalone. There's no set rise and fall of action, no end-all climax and resolution, just a whole bunch of shenanigans. There's always something new going on and adding to dragon histories, and something could be introduced at any time to turn a situation on its head. Unfortunately this means I'll pretty much never be done with my lore, but it is super fun and it does keep me pretty engaged so I'd call that a win, haha~

...On the flipside though it means most everything in my dragon bios is horribly out of context and there's a lot I need to get down to make things coherent for people who aren't me. Hopefully the lore thread will help with that and I apologize to anyone who's ever checked my dragon bios before, tbh I chuck stuff in 'em and forget other people can see fdlkasjdflkasndr.

Goal for the day: L O R E T H R E A D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Fluffmuffler @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Leopardmask @Orbitz @perspective @Jvnebvg @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @leerie @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @pneumonic @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @SalFisher @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Lestyn @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @Porpentina @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Kneph @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @blvckstvllion @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Hazhar @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @Kauria @Stick @Woopa @Macari @Nomo @OreoMilkshake @Frailty @Bit @Harana @latiasred @BlueJaysFeather @Roheryn @Tox @Klawzor @magpietellme @novembercomes @HSoup @angryisosceles @Releah @Katta @smeen @SeeTheStars @Redtiger7736 @s0leil @narkov @celebie @

And we're back! Here is your reminder ping - tomorrow, February 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Continuing my recent curious streak, today I'd like to ask another question: ignoring how much has actually been written or not (*shifty eyes*), how "long" is your clan/lair's story plan? Do you have a set series of events with a start and end, similar to a novel? Or does your lore build upon itself eternally as new ideas and new events come into play? (And on a related note, which do you find most fun to read?)

From what I've seen, I feel like most lairs tend toward the second setup, and I'm no exception. My lore's made up of several intersecting story arcs that can sometimes make up larger arcs or just work standalone. There's no set rise and fall of action, no end-all climax and resolution, just a whole bunch of shenanigans. There's always something new going on and adding to dragon histories, and something could be introduced at any time to turn a situation on its head. Unfortunately this means I'll pretty much never be done with my lore, but it is super fun and it does keep me pretty engaged so I'd call that a win, haha~

...On the flipside though it means most everything in my dragon bios is horribly out of context and there's a lot I need to get down to make things coherent for people who aren't me. Hopefully the lore thread will help with that and I apologize to anyone who's ever checked my dragon bios before, tbh I chuck stuff in 'em and forget other people can see fdlkasjdflkasndr.

Goal for the day: L O R E T H R E A D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Fluffmuffler @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Leopardmask @Orbitz @perspective @Jvnebvg @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @leerie @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @pneumonic @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @SalFisher @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Lestyn @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @Porpentina @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Kneph @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @blvckstvllion @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Hazhar @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @Kauria @Stick @Woopa @Macari @Nomo @OreoMilkshake @Frailty @Bit @Harana @latiasred @BlueJaysFeather @Roheryn @Tox @Klawzor @magpietellme @novembercomes @HSoup @angryisosceles @Releah @Katta @smeen @SeeTheStars @Redtiger7736 @s0leil @narkov @celebie @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@after

May I be added to the pinglist?? :D
@after

May I be added to the pinglist?? :D
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
My clan lore is a little weird, it usually sparks and leaps forward as the result of a single dragon! The current is Keanu. My clan has been through three arcs / time periods so far (one for each flight change, really) and we're working on the fourth.

This is perhaps the most complex of all of them so far as it's brought about a change in clan leadership and an entirely new council, whom I just wrote an introductory piece for last night :)

...kinda lame response I guess, but I'm on mobile so pardon me :'D
My clan lore is a little weird, it usually sparks and leaps forward as the result of a single dragon! The current is Keanu. My clan has been through three arcs / time periods so far (one for each flight change, really) and we're working on the fourth.

This is perhaps the most complex of all of them so far as it's brought about a change in clan leadership and an entirely new council, whom I just wrote an introductory piece for last night :)

...kinda lame response I guess, but I'm on mobile so pardon me :'D
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I'm so ready to actually get some writing done this time! I have a set goal in mind for the day and even the lost of dragons to bio up and edit too!

As for my lore as a whole... It's a bit of a mix of both types. I have a very specific background and a whole l o t of events that shape my clan in the present date and I have a few character arcs in drafting stages. But I also go-with-the floe ;3 I've actually solved many lore inconsistencies in the past few days just thinking random trails of thought that have to immediate purpose.

I love hearing other people's lore to get a dragon and write about lore that isn't my own all the time, I have hybridized lore with all my friends! (Though it may not be written down hehe...)
I'm so ready to actually get some writing done this time! I have a set goal in mind for the day and even the lost of dragons to bio up and edit too!

As for my lore as a whole... It's a bit of a mix of both types. I have a very specific background and a whole l o t of events that shape my clan in the present date and I have a few character arcs in drafting stages. But I also go-with-the floe ;3 I've actually solved many lore inconsistencies in the past few days just thinking random trails of thought that have to immediate purpose.

I love hearing other people's lore to get a dragon and write about lore that isn't my own all the time, I have hybridized lore with all my friends! (Though it may not be written down hehe...)
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
My lore is kind an ongoing open ended thing. A lot of it is in my head. For example, I'll buy a dragon as a mate for another dragon, and then change my mind. In my lore that ends up being "they flirted for a bit, but realized they were too different." I don't write down all the little snippets like that, but it's there in my head, so it's kind of like an ongoing soap opera, rather than story with clear end.

My lore is kind an ongoing open ended thing. A lot of it is in my head. For example, I'll buy a dragon as a mate for another dragon, and then change my mind. In my lore that ends up being "they flirted for a bit, but realized they were too different." I don't write down all the little snippets like that, but it's there in my head, so it's kind of like an ongoing soap opera, rather than story with clear end.

Time to get Xenon's lore finished. Need to do Godfrey and Griffith's done, too!
Time to get Xenon's lore finished. Need to do Godfrey and Griffith's done, too!

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
@after Would love to be added to the ping list. Time to get my butt into gear again and finish a few bios... [emoji=skull]
@after

Would love to be added to the ping list. Time to get my butt into gear again and finish a few bios...
Please ping me if you want my attention or are replying to me. I won't see it otherwise.

Tn4TEAZ.png
My clan is Fandragons and OCs and the odd silly name. It's also mean to everyone in said clan.
My clan lore may be a mix of those two ways:

The History lore (which I'm going to keep working today), with background events that affect the clan as a whole and is build upon its own consequences eternally while I come with new events (basically how history works).

And the Character lore, subject to those events, acting and reacting as the characters would do and ultimately tipping the scales towards one or another future "historical events" for my clan, but usually just lasting a few,having a start and an end, as I like to let new generations freshen up my lair. Also for characters I write ordinary shenanigans, as standalone stories or usually along other characters of my clan. I have yet to finish writing 4 whole generations of characters and events, so better start working xD
My clan lore may be a mix of those two ways:

The History lore (which I'm going to keep working today), with background events that affect the clan as a whole and is build upon its own consequences eternally while I come with new events (basically how history works).

And the Character lore, subject to those events, acting and reacting as the characters would do and ultimately tipping the scales towards one or another future "historical events" for my clan, but usually just lasting a few,having a start and an end, as I like to let new generations freshen up my lair. Also for characters I write ordinary shenanigans, as standalone stories or usually along other characters of my clan. I have yet to finish writing 4 whole generations of characters and events, so better start working xD
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

My clan lore is definitely more of a story. I have a set plan for it and a basic plot. However, I would say it will probably end up being more like a serial story or TV show in that my lore is continuous and doesn't rigidly follow the story plot structure. There will always be new events, new struggles, and dragons coming and going for as long as I'm on FR. Therefore, I will probably break things up into several 'book's and chapters much like a TV series has seasons and episodes. I actually just created my Lorebrary thread where all of the stories will be written and stored. Now I just have to get writing. Dragon bios and my profile page will be updated as the stories progress.

Today's goal: character development for at least two of my dragons
My clan lore is definitely more of a story. I have a set plan for it and a basic plot. However, I would say it will probably end up being more like a serial story or TV show in that my lore is continuous and doesn't rigidly follow the story plot structure. There will always be new events, new struggles, and dragons coming and going for as long as I'm on FR. Therefore, I will probably break things up into several 'book's and chapters much like a TV series has seasons and episodes. I actually just created my Lorebrary thread where all of the stories will be written and stored. Now I just have to get writing. Dragon bios and my profile page will be updated as the stories progress.

Today's goal: character development for at least two of my dragons
The Empyreal Library
I'm with you with the ongoing lore. I like more character driven stories when it comes to my lore, so that's what it ended up being, a bunch of dragons with their own characters working towards survival.

I aim to fix Alcyone's bio today bc it is Nonsense right now, but I'm also gonna try and write Amemasu's bio. That makes all my first tab dragons have lore!
I'm with you with the ongoing lore. I like more character driven stories when it comes to my lore, so that's what it ended up being, a bunch of dragons with their own characters working towards survival.

I aim to fix Alcyone's bio today bc it is Nonsense right now, but I'm also gonna try and write Amemasu's bio. That makes all my first tab dragons have lore!
Wishlist (for now)
1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 280 281