Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 280 281
In addition to Maelrys, I have also updated Clockwork's bio and created one for Bookkeeper, my permabab.
In addition to Maelrys, I have also updated Clockwork's bio and created one for Bookkeeper, my permabab.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@SommerBee

Ahaha thank you! It's my attempt at a new form of writing, since I've been doing the usual "backstory/tragic/everyone DIES" for my main dragons. My Runesnakes aren't really permas, so I don't have to stress about them not turning out well XD

Of course you don't know what the Project is about. NOBODY can know what the Project is about.. *suspicious look*

BTW, your warrior queen looks amazing! Strong and fearless... and still fluffy underneath ^_^ fit for a queen!
@SommerBee

Ahaha thank you! It's my attempt at a new form of writing, since I've been doing the usual "backstory/tragic/everyone DIES" for my main dragons. My Runesnakes aren't really permas, so I don't have to stress about them not turning out well XD

Of course you don't know what the Project is about. NOBODY can know what the Project is about.. *suspicious look*

BTW, your warrior queen looks amazing! Strong and fearless... and still fluffy underneath ^_^ fit for a queen!
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
@MythicalViper

BLESS! It's always good to work out new styles and try experimenting with the weird stuff! Love it! Also thank you! Barney has heard your compliments and she accepts them as truth.
@MythicalViper

BLESS! It's always good to work out new styles and try experimenting with the weird stuff! Love it! Also thank you! Barney has heard your compliments and she accepts them as truth.
Qpsus7P.pngDRg3gRE.png0edEIs6.pngNYbLrXm.pngTzaHawP.pngR827Sip.png
THE PLAGUE FLIGHT IS DOMINATING!
[b]End of the Day Recap![/b] Let's look at Today's Menu: [LIST] [emoji=star] Write at least [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626503#post_37728306]two Home Meetings[/url]. [emoji=star] Code the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626503]Lore Thread[/url]. [emoji=star][i] Extra tidbits: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2626503#post_2626503]Home Lore![/url][/i] [/LIST] [b]1. Write at least two Home Meetings[/b] Completed! Lendyrian and Darthos Home Meetings are ready, and I love how each meeting have different personalities! In Darthos Meeting everything was a little slower, because Fulgora is a slow talker and she has a very mystery-like way to say the things. That caused Vander, the most eloquent dragon of the clan, to start speaking way more than he should. Lendyrian Meeting was really quick and straight to the question, and voting finished with little to no interruptions. The results of both meetings will be revealed at the next Frozen Light Council, in two days. [b]2. Code the Lore Thread[/b] Another success! Starting to do it was really hard, but once I tested the code and saw it for the first time I was hooked for hours. I didn't only code the Thread, but finally wrote the descriptions for my lair's homes. So, I can say I finished my first Lore Whining Day with a big success! [emoji=coatl happy]
End of the Day Recap!

Let's look at Today's Menu:
Write at least two Home Meetings.
Code the Lore Thread.
Extra tidbits: Home Lore!

1. Write at least two Home Meetings

Completed! Lendyrian and Darthos Home Meetings are ready, and I love how each meeting have different personalities! In Darthos Meeting everything was a little slower, because Fulgora is a slow talker and she has a very mystery-like way to say the things. That caused Vander, the most eloquent dragon of the clan, to start speaking way more than he should. Lendyrian Meeting was really quick and straight to the question, and voting finished with little to no interruptions. The results of both meetings will be revealed at the next Frozen Light Council, in two days.

2. Code the Lore Thread

Another success! Starting to do it was really hard, but once I tested the code and saw it for the first time I was hooked for hours. I didn't only code the Thread, but finally wrote the descriptions for my lair's homes.

So, I can say I finished my first Lore Whining Day with a big success!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa earthanim4.gif ePOliyb.png
04PIMth.png
oxDm2Un.png
earthanim3.gif aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@After Oh! Thank you, that's very useful! I didn't really set any concrete goals, but I got the progenitors and their family arranged all pretty on my first page and got everyone at least the precursors to blurbs, but... ...but the real meat happened when I unexpectedly finished a breeding project that I thought would take a lot longer. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49391837] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493919/49391837_350.png[/img] [/url] Rilu here is a fandragon of a Team ICO fancharacter, and while I was planning to have him be a descendant of Lord Emon instead of his son... look at his siblings! (Rilu's the only one with lore at the moment, and it's a rough draft, but the other two kids are mentioned.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49391835] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493919/49391835_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49391836] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493919/49391836_350.png[/img] [/url] The idea was going to have Rilu-dragon be a pale Coatl out of 'vibrant' parents from Emon's line, but... him having a brother who's more or less his opposite tone with the same purplish wings, and a Rare-eyed 'normal' sister from the same clutch with a purple tone, was just too good. Too good! I've named his brother after another Team ICO fancharacter and I'm gonna keep all three. Once I'm off my Plague vacation I'll probably sell off/exalt most or all of Emon's flock, but they can stick around as fodder breeders for now. Their clutchmate sister is probably going to end up at the Intersection as a friend, but who knows? Now I just need to get Kraid-dragon and I can either go home to Light or maybe visit some other Flight! Exciting!
@After

Oh! Thank you, that's very useful!

I didn't really set any concrete goals, but I got the progenitors and their family arranged all pretty on my first page and got everyone at least the precursors to blurbs, but...

...but the real meat happened when I unexpectedly finished a breeding project that I thought would take a lot longer.

49391837_350.png

Rilu here is a fandragon of a Team ICO fancharacter, and while I was planning to have him be a descendant of Lord Emon instead of his son... look at his siblings! (Rilu's the only one with lore at the moment, and it's a rough draft, but the other two kids are mentioned.)

49391835_350.png

49391836_350.png

The idea was going to have Rilu-dragon be a pale Coatl out of 'vibrant' parents from Emon's line, but... him having a brother who's more or less his opposite tone with the same purplish wings, and a Rare-eyed 'normal' sister from the same clutch with a purple tone, was just too good. Too good!

I've named his brother after another Team ICO fancharacter and I'm gonna keep all three. Once I'm off my Plague vacation I'll probably sell off/exalt most or all of Emon's flock, but they can stick around as fodder breeders for now. Their clutchmate sister is probably going to end up at the Intersection as a friend, but who knows?

Now I just need to get Kraid-dragon and I can either go home to Light or maybe visit some other Flight! Exciting!
jtgoRWq.png
(O hai I haven't been in this thread in ages.) A bit late to the party...I didn't actually manage to write any lore yesterday, but I *did* perform a major lore organization of my lair. (Loreganization?) OMG I love the new lair tabs/den so much, but also and especially the page customizablity! I now have separate pages for all the major families, smaller families and kin, single dragons, "born of the elements" dragons (i.e., G1s), subclans, and guests. Plus I have a separate tab for "transients"--fodder and sale dragons. And I can store the pretty dragons that I either don't have lore for or don't want to deal with right now but also don't want to get rid of in the hibernal den. This is [i]the best thing ever[/i]. I did lore this pretty new boy earlier in the week, though. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46469213] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464693/46469213_350.png[/img] [/url]
(O hai I haven't been in this thread in ages.)

A bit late to the party...I didn't actually manage to write any lore yesterday, but I *did* perform a major lore organization of my lair. (Loreganization?) OMG I love the new lair tabs/den so much, but also and especially the page customizablity! I now have separate pages for all the major families, smaller families and kin, single dragons, "born of the elements" dragons (i.e., G1s), subclans, and guests. Plus I have a separate tab for "transients"--fodder and sale dragons. And I can store the pretty dragons that I either don't have lore for or don't want to deal with right now but also don't want to get rid of in the hibernal den. This is the best thing ever.

I did lore this pretty new boy earlier in the week, though.

46469213_350.png
MmSftql.png
[s]WHOO lotta replies! More to be posted later![/s] @Quintillion - aaaa I'm glad to hear it's been of help! :D Also Anaise is super pretty and HSDMLKFSJDF HER BIO'S SO GOOD??? I love it omg, nice work! [emoji=guardian love] @SilverFoxDemon - Ironically enough for a Lightning member, my progens have been exalted for a while now and I've just considered them "on vacation" even though lorewise they're super dead. XD I've been thinking about maybe bringing them back at some point so they can hold some previous arc lore, buuuuuut since it's not super relevant I'm just gonna focus on present-time stuff for now. [s]Because it's not like I have enough to do already hahaha[/s] @Leopardmask - Oof, yeah I hear you on those "unsure"s, I've got a few dragons in the same boat myself. So far they're just sitting there looking pretty, but I'm reluctant to get rid of them because I'm not sure I'll be able to get them/something similar back down the road. |D Hazards of oldie collecting, I suppose. Hope you can get yours figured out! @SommerBee - Thank you! Yeah I've got... All The Things going on all over the place mfjsdlkfjsd. [s]And unfortunately things intervened and I didn't make any progress on my lore at all yesterday BLEH.[/s] And ayyyy happy upcoming anniversary! :D My... oh my god, five year? will be coming up in October. I haven't done anything special for previous ones, but a lore shakeup sounds like a good way to celebrate such a milestone, hmm! *thinking* Good luck with your plans! \ovo/
WHOO lotta replies! More to be posted later!

@Quintillion - aaaa I'm glad to hear it's been of help! :D Also Anaise is super pretty and HSDMLKFSJDF HER BIO'S SO GOOD??? I love it omg, nice work!

@SilverFoxDemon - Ironically enough for a Lightning member, my progens have been exalted for a while now and I've just considered them "on vacation" even though lorewise they're super dead. XD I've been thinking about maybe bringing them back at some point so they can hold some previous arc lore, buuuuuut since it's not super relevant I'm just gonna focus on present-time stuff for now. Because it's not like I have enough to do already hahaha

@Leopardmask - Oof, yeah I hear you on those "unsure"s, I've got a few dragons in the same boat myself. So far they're just sitting there looking pretty, but I'm reluctant to get rid of them because I'm not sure I'll be able to get them/something similar back down the road. |D Hazards of oldie collecting, I suppose. Hope you can get yours figured out!

@SommerBee - Thank you! Yeah I've got... All The Things going on all over the place mfjsdlkfjsd. And unfortunately things intervened and I didn't make any progress on my lore at all yesterday BLEH.

And ayyyy happy upcoming anniversary! :D My... oh my god, five year? will be coming up in October. I haven't done anything special for previous ones, but a lore shakeup sounds like a good way to celebrate such a milestone, hmm! *thinking*

Good luck with your plans! \ovo/
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After
Good plan! xD Aside from my progens, all the dragons in my den are definitely just flat out dead. I thought about putting all dragons without written lore in there until I get it written down and in their bio, but then...I think my lair would be super empty BWAHAH.

Oh well. :'D I've got too much to do and no motivation / inspiration for any of it oops
@After
Good plan! xD Aside from my progens, all the dragons in my den are definitely just flat out dead. I thought about putting all dragons without written lore in there until I get it written down and in their bio, but then...I think my lair would be super empty BWAHAH.

Oh well. :'D I've got too much to do and no motivation / inspiration for any of it oops
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@After One of the ones I'm trying to figure out is a gen 1 that I decided to scry up, gene, and turn into a Wildclaw, before I had ANY idea what I would do with him. He was nowhere near the colors I was looking for and to be frank he's kind of ugly without the Rainbow Obsidian skin (Fog/Honey/Chocolate, yuck)... but I bought him a Wildclaw scroll, so I'm not sure if I want to get rid of him as hastily as I gened him!
@After One of the ones I'm trying to figure out is a gen 1 that I decided to scry up, gene, and turn into a Wildclaw, before I had ANY idea what I would do with him. He was nowhere near the colors I was looking for and to be frank he's kind of ugly without the Rainbow Obsidian skin (Fog/Honey/Chocolate, yuck)... but I bought him a Wildclaw scroll, so I'm not sure if I want to get rid of him as hastily as I gened him!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@after can i be added to the pinglist for this : o?
@after can i be added to the pinglist for this : o?
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 280 281