Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 280 281
@After
Indeed she was! :D I'm happy to have her back in my lair with an actual purpose now :3 also thanks oof
Not sure how long it's gonna take me to get it done but at least I'm making PROGRESS.
I didn't get anything done today due to unforeseen babysitting, but I might try to get a bit done now, if I can kick my brain into gear xD
@After
Indeed she was! :D I'm happy to have her back in my lair with an actual purpose now :3 also thanks oof
Not sure how long it's gonna take me to get it done but at least I'm making PROGRESS.
I didn't get anything done today due to unforeseen babysitting, but I might try to get a bit done now, if I can kick my brain into gear xD
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@After It's a pattern overlay! I toss it on my banners to help them match the images you see in the site margins. I do mine in Photoshop, so my instructions might not be that helpful for other programs, but I bet there are loads of ways to do it. [b]Step 1:[/b] Make a pattern (you only need to do this once) To do this, I literally just made a 4x4 pixel canvas and used the pencil tool to draw in a diagonal line of pixels across it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TW15Pi2.png[/img] (The white areas should be transparent) Then it's up to [b]Edit > Define Pattern...[/b] and you can name it whatever. That's it! It's now a pattern you can use any time you want in Photoshop. [b]Step 2:[/b] Apply the pattern overlay Once I've got an image I want to use for a banner, I can go to [b]Layer > Layer Style > Pattern Overlay[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tAfgxaw.png[/img] Then all I need to do is pick my custom pattern from the drop-down list and mess with the settings until it looks good (I use Multiply and 40% opacity for all my banners) [img]https://i.imgur.com/ltEGRtt.png[/img] That's it! I actually use a custom Photoshop action to resize my images and apply the layer styles, so it takes even less clicking around (and less remembering of settings, haha.)
@After
It's a pattern overlay! I toss it on my banners to help them match the images you see in the site margins.

I do mine in Photoshop, so my instructions might not be that helpful for other programs, but I bet there are loads of ways to do it.

Step 1: Make a pattern (you only need to do this once)
To do this, I literally just made a 4x4 pixel canvas and used the pencil tool to draw in a diagonal line of pixels across it.

TW15Pi2.png

(The white areas should be transparent)
Then it's up to Edit > Define Pattern... and you can name it whatever.
That's it! It's now a pattern you can use any time you want in Photoshop.

Step 2: Apply the pattern overlay
Once I've got an image I want to use for a banner, I can go to Layer > Layer Style > Pattern Overlay

tAfgxaw.png

Then all I need to do is pick my custom pattern from the drop-down list and mess with the settings until it looks good (I use Multiply and 40% opacity for all my banners)

ltEGRtt.png

That's it!
I actually use a custom Photoshop action to resize my images and apply the layer styles, so it takes even less clicking around (and less remembering of settings, haha.)
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
@Kauria - !!! That was so easy omg, thank you very much for the helpful walkthrough! :D gonna make so many banners and things with this now aldknasdkfnsdf
@Kauria - !!! That was so easy omg, thank you very much for the helpful walkthrough! :D gonna make so many banners and things with this now aldknasdkfnsdf
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After Hi. I was wondering if you could add me on pinglist? This just seems like really good idea and I believe could be really fun to participate in this ^^

+Please have mercy on me (and give honest critique of course) - I am still not 100% comfortable with using English but I am really keen on improving my English (and writing stories in general)
@After Hi. I was wondering if you could add me on pinglist? This just seems like really good idea and I believe could be really fun to participate in this ^^

+Please have mercy on me (and give honest critique of course) - I am still not 100% comfortable with using English but I am really keen on improving my English (and writing stories in general)
Never surrender, Guardian. Never. There is always a way to glory. —Lord Shaxx
Could I be added to the ping list? This sounds like a really fun way to get motivated to write lore!
Could I be added to the ping list? This sounds like a really fun way to get motivated to write lore!
wind.gif

Welcome to the month of Halloween, everyone! This is your reminder ping - tomorrow, October 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Anyone have any plans for the month? The Halloween festive spirit always gets me in the mood to create, and since my lore's darker sides haven't really been all that explored, I think it'd be a good thing to focus on for a while! Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have a lot more of that info hashed out; we'll see if a longer-term goal helps me actually accomplish things, hah. I also know the Trick or Treat thread is going around and I may decide to jump on that for the roleplay aspect as well. Such fun~

Personal goal for the day: stare at my lair some more and see if I can't get rid of at least one more dragon. I really want to tighten up my lore and lair so that 1) I have more room IN the lair, and 2) I don't have a bunch of random nobodies that don't really contribute to anything story-wise and kinda clog up the setting.

Since next month is NaNoWriMo, I'll also be busy doing NaNo prep! Gotta figure out which project I want to tackle this year and try to get as much of a backbone for the story as I can so I'm not pantsing unusable junk tidbits the whole way through. |D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @Kauria @Stick @Woopa @AcaraTheDragon

Welcome to the month of Halloween, everyone! This is your reminder ping - tomorrow, October 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Anyone have any plans for the month? The Halloween festive spirit always gets me in the mood to create, and since my lore's darker sides haven't really been all that explored, I think it'd be a good thing to focus on for a while! Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have a lot more of that info hashed out; we'll see if a longer-term goal helps me actually accomplish things, hah. I also know the Trick or Treat thread is going around and I may decide to jump on that for the roleplay aspect as well. Such fun~

Personal goal for the day: stare at my lair some more and see if I can't get rid of at least one more dragon. I really want to tighten up my lore and lair so that 1) I have more room IN the lair, and 2) I don't have a bunch of random nobodies that don't really contribute to anything story-wise and kinda clog up the setting.

Since next month is NaNoWriMo, I'll also be busy doing NaNo prep! Gotta figure out which project I want to tackle this year and try to get as much of a backbone for the story as I can so I'm not pantsing unusable junk tidbits the whole way through. |D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @Kauria @Stick @Woopa @AcaraTheDragon
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After Can you add me to the pinglist?
@After Can you add me to the pinglist?
83232606.png:Pet The Bean:83232606.png
Sweet! Seeing as just earlier I finished off an bio that I hadn't worked on in a while, I'm hoping to hop around my lair and find any started bios I haven't completed yet and finish them off.

For now, the big target is this guy. I started his bio, writing the majority of it, not long after getting him on the AH. Considering he's now over a year old (born march) it's... been a bit too long.

With that done, I also want to write a new bio or two! It's been a long time since I've done that, and I've got plenty of dragons with blank bios that need some sprucing up!
Sweet! Seeing as just earlier I finished off an bio that I hadn't worked on in a while, I'm hoping to hop around my lair and find any started bios I haven't completed yet and finish them off.

For now, the big target is this guy. I started his bio, writing the majority of it, not long after getting him on the AH. Considering he's now over a year old (born march) it's... been a bit too long.

With that done, I also want to write a new bio or two! It's been a long time since I've done that, and I've got plenty of dragons with blank bios that need some sprucing up!
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
It's already the 4th where I am, and I've been working on the bio of a 6 digit imperial I owned about a year ago for quite some time, and just bought again this week. [Columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=411736] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4118/411736_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Slipper here was the proud recipient of an emperor skincent I bought just after the lore was announced, and now that she's returned to my pair I'm working on writing the story of her life before she became an emperor, her imprisonment, escape, freeing herself from the curse and final transformation into this wretched thing neither alive nor dead she has become. Wondering if anyone here has an idea of how much lore regarding mild undead body horror is allowed? I mean, emperor lore itself is quite grotesque so I am a little unsure where the line is.
It's already the 4th where I am, and I've been working on the bio of a 6 digit imperial I owned about a year ago for quite some time, and just bought again this week.

411736_350.png
Slipper here was the proud recipient of an emperor skincent I bought just after the lore was announced, and now that she's returned to my pair I'm working on writing the story of her life before she became an emperor, her imprisonment, escape, freeing herself from the curse and final transformation into this wretched thing neither alive nor dead she has become.

Wondering if anyone here has an idea of how much lore regarding mild undead body horror is allowed? I mean, emperor lore itself is quite grotesque so I am a little unsure where the line is.
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@DragonDraws I love Mideo! He's handsome, and you sure have fleshed him out with a vibrancy to match his plumage. Kudos for all the writing!
@DragonDraws I love Mideo! He's handsome, and you sure have fleshed him out with a vibrancy to match his plumage. Kudos for all the writing!
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 280 281