Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 280 281
@After
I changed my username from casuallySleepy, please add me to the list again!
@After
I changed my username from casuallySleepy, please add me to the list again!

Life got a lil hectic there for a bit oof, but now we're back! This is your reminder ping: tomorrow, September 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

I know it's been a bit since the update, but. STARMAP. So good. Much star. Very space. Wow.

Honestly with this gene's release and the matching secondary coming at some point, I'm super tempted to have a big sub-section of my lair be space-y Starmap/Constellation dragons that just wander the stars and aren't otherwise connected to the rest of my lore. (I... may or may not have picked up a new dragon for this just now, whoops. Hooray impulse buys!) And that's pretty darn impressive for FR, considering that no other update has made me want to change my lore and lair so much! I'm happy with Byzmara as it is with all my dorks running around the place, and I absolutely wouldn't scrap it all, but still. Wow.

There's something about the whole space theme/aesthetic that seems to hold a lot of potential and mystery for me. Beings from other eons and planes of existence, vast and incomprehensible in their physical forms but still with aspects of an intelligent mind behind it all, constructs of stardust and radiance with a gravity of presence that borders on mythical... I love that sort of thing. I will eat that lore up for days, hahaha~

So for tomorrow, my goal will be to work on lore for tentative space dragons! And probably cobble together a space-aesthetic bio layout for them because space is awesome and any excuse to go look at pretty nebulas and whatnot is a good excuse. :D And if anyone has any headcanons and/or lore for the genes, feel free to share, I'd love to read them!

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @

Life got a lil hectic there for a bit oof, but now we're back! This is your reminder ping: tomorrow, September 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

I know it's been a bit since the update, but. STARMAP. So good. Much star. Very space. Wow.

Honestly with this gene's release and the matching secondary coming at some point, I'm super tempted to have a big sub-section of my lair be space-y Starmap/Constellation dragons that just wander the stars and aren't otherwise connected to the rest of my lore. (I... may or may not have picked up a new dragon for this just now, whoops. Hooray impulse buys!) And that's pretty darn impressive for FR, considering that no other update has made me want to change my lore and lair so much! I'm happy with Byzmara as it is with all my dorks running around the place, and I absolutely wouldn't scrap it all, but still. Wow.

There's something about the whole space theme/aesthetic that seems to hold a lot of potential and mystery for me. Beings from other eons and planes of existence, vast and incomprehensible in their physical forms but still with aspects of an intelligent mind behind it all, constructs of stardust and radiance with a gravity of presence that borders on mythical... I love that sort of thing. I will eat that lore up for days, hahaha~

So for tomorrow, my goal will be to work on lore for tentative space dragons! And probably cobble together a space-aesthetic bio layout for them because space is awesome and any excuse to go look at pretty nebulas and whatnot is a good excuse. :D And if anyone has any headcanons and/or lore for the genes, feel free to share, I'd love to read them!

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @Tempter @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Kydoimos @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @Akatora @slytherhex @SommerBee @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I hope I get that right. You guys help us with lore, if were not creative enough, right?
I hope I get that right. You guys help us with lore, if were not creative enough, right?
egg.gif
Glad things have calmed down a bit, @After. ^^;

As part of the Torch's Trail Blazers Flameforger's event, last week I was working on a lot of writing for the lore badges. Today I finally finished the last chapter which I needed to do for the badge: link. Every chapter has links to every other, but here's a link to the prologue I uploaded early last week for anyone that wants to start at the beginning of the series.

I really enjoyed creating this lair being excavated and snippets of the history of its clan. Not sure how it would happen, but I can imagine coming back to the place at some point...or at least coming up with more names for things. Or perhaps I'll revisit Lavri the Nocturne, and/or figure out where the descendants of the historic clan are.
Glad things have calmed down a bit, @After. ^^;

As part of the Torch's Trail Blazers Flameforger's event, last week I was working on a lot of writing for the lore badges. Today I finally finished the last chapter which I needed to do for the badge: link. Every chapter has links to every other, but here's a link to the prologue I uploaded early last week for anyone that wants to start at the beginning of the series.

I really enjoyed creating this lair being excavated and snippets of the history of its clan. Not sure how it would happen, but I can imagine coming back to the place at some point...or at least coming up with more names for things. Or perhaps I'll revisit Lavri the Nocturne, and/or figure out where the descendants of the historic clan are.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Imma work on my Prion subspecies lore. Have to get 2 new variants up and running, and maybe a third? IDK
Imma work on my Prion subspecies lore. Have to get 2 new variants up and running, and maybe a third? IDK
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
Okay, today I plan on:

Rough Drafts
  • Amirir
  • The Museum of Oddities

Bullet Points
  • Hexa
  • Corvid
  • Bobert
  • Naeblis
  • Ruu

Editing
  • Winterdawn

*Drops head to table, where it bounces*
Okay, today I plan on:

Rough Drafts
  • Amirir
  • The Museum of Oddities

Bullet Points
  • Hexa
  • Corvid
  • Bobert
  • Naeblis
  • Ruu

Editing
  • Winterdawn

*Drops head to table, where it bounces*
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I have kind of an overarching lore theme running between three distinct groups of dragons in my lair. Eventually I realized I'm just absolute garbage at writing bios for dragons and decided to just put snippets in each dragon's description instead. I've gotten these guys done lately if anyone is curious. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=862001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8621/862001_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20241773] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202418/20241773_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41698724] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416988/41698724_350.png[/img] [/url]
I have kind of an overarching lore theme running between three distinct groups of dragons in my lair. Eventually I realized I'm just absolute garbage at writing bios for dragons and decided to just put snippets in each dragon's description instead. I've gotten these guys done lately if anyone is curious.

862001_350.png

20241773_350.png

41698724_350.png
KwIe9.gif21hML.gif
I've had a really calm week and suddenly everything is happening always because it always goes like that BUT I'm going to see if I can write a quick lore post today!
I've had a really calm week and suddenly everything is happening always because it always goes like that BUT I'm going to see if I can write a quick lore post today!
School's back in session yaaaaaay -_- Not only is it back in session, but today is one of my busier days. If I do manage to find the time, I'll work on/maybe finish up Sphene's lore, but I probably won't. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40581606] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/405817/40581606_350.png[/img] [/url] On Starmap: I think the appearance of the gene is holographic! It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for the stars and lines to be a painted-on pattern in the position we see; that would look really awkward from every other angle. Instead, the stars appear to be floating "inside" the dragon, and as the dragon moves and changes the angle you're seeing them, the stars move a little differently. The swirls also are holographic and may also just move on their own.
School's back in session yaaaaaay -_- Not only is it back in session, but today is one of my busier days. If I do manage to find the time, I'll work on/maybe finish up Sphene's lore, but I probably won't.

40581606_350.png

On Starmap: I think the appearance of the gene is holographic! It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for the stars and lines to be a painted-on pattern in the position we see; that would look really awkward from every other angle. Instead, the stars appear to be floating "inside" the dragon, and as the dragon moves and changes the angle you're seeing them, the stars move a little differently. The swirls also are holographic and may also just move on their own.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
My lore focus has mainly been on this guy; he's got pre-existing lore I'm building off of! Over 5k words already. I got him from someone's Pinkerlocke (rip him) and I love him to bits <3 I haven't linked it in his bio yet because it's not done / at a good stopping point for me to feel comfortable linking it yet, but I'm proud of it still :'D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39047026] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/390471/39047026_350.png[/img] [/url] Other recently lored dragons include this jerkish fodder keep: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13387559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/133876/13387559_350.png[/img] [/url] His self-chosen companion (who sometimes sees memories that aren't her own, hence her strange, incomplete lore that I'll get around to tidying up one day!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44449735] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/444498/44449735_350.png[/img] [/url] And I got a start on this girl! After Keanu, I plan on focusing mostly on her, unless Ronja decides to sneak up and demand attention... xD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44731166] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/447312/44731166_350.png[/img] [/url]
My lore focus has mainly been on this guy; he's got pre-existing lore I'm building off of! Over 5k words already. I got him from someone's Pinkerlocke (rip him) and I love him to bits <3

I haven't linked it in his bio yet because it's not done / at a good stopping point for me to feel comfortable linking it yet, but I'm proud of it still :'D

39047026_350.png

Other recently lored dragons include this jerkish fodder keep:

13387559_350.png

His self-chosen companion (who sometimes sees memories that aren't her own, hence her strange, incomplete lore that I'll get around to tidying up one day!)

44449735_350.png

And I got a start on this girl! After Keanu, I plan on focusing mostly on her, unless Ronja decides to sneak up and demand attention... xD

44731166_350.png
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 280 281