Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 280 281
TODAY IS THE DAY! I finished up the Legacy of War challenge, so today, I WRITE THE END OF IT ALL! then I get to play catch-up on my lore thread. X.x but it's Worth It. So that's my plans for today :D
TODAY IS THE DAY! I finished up the Legacy of War challenge, so today, I WRITE THE END OF IT ALL! then I get to play catch-up on my lore thread. X.x but it's Worth It. So that's my plans for today :D
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Personal Quest/Challenge Post
Wishlist
FR Time +3
jL05xXK.pngEIw1Jyf.pngW5laU7r.pngMvzKp2Q.png2zNIzzC.pngUgBZCaa.png76ghDnx.pngk4ybm3R.pngimage.png
@After
please add me to the ping list!
or more likely: I changed my UN (was Hokayse a few weeks ago), so hope you can update it, please... I really missed these whining days for weeks! :,0
@After
please add me to the ping list!
or more likely: I changed my UN (was Hokayse a few weeks ago), so hope you can update it, please... I really missed these whining days for weeks! :,0
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Hm! Let's see let's see... Wesley and Hearsay are next on my bio list. I'll do Wes first because Hearsay's muse is still a bit foggy in my mind.
Hm! Let's see let's see... Wesley and Hearsay are next on my bio list. I'll do Wes first because Hearsay's muse is still a bit foggy in my mind.
I was actually ahead of schedule for this one 8D Since I'm in Wind and moving to Water I'm not a traitor I swear I wanted to write moving lore! 8'D
https://sta.sh/01rawa55hqte
I was actually ahead of schedule for this one 8D Since I'm in Wind and moving to Water I'm not a traitor I swear I wanted to write moving lore! 8'D
https://sta.sh/01rawa55hqte
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42967224] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/429673/42967224_350.png[/img] [/url] Bio done!

42967224_350.png

Bio done!
DAMMIT I HAVE SO FEW DRAGONS YET I'M SUPER SLOW AT WRITING THEIR BIOS.
TODAY I HAVE TO FINISH AT LEAST 2

This is me both whining and pumping myself up about writing, wish me luck
DAMMIT I HAVE SO FEW DRAGONS YET I'M SUPER SLOW AT WRITING THEIR BIOS.
TODAY I HAVE TO FINISH AT LEAST 2

This is me both whining and pumping myself up about writing, wish me luck
86ahOvg.png lB0mcsO.png +8 FR time
@After

please add me to the pinglist!

With regards to today's writing time, I'm going to try and finish my page 1 lore today. I'm still working hard to finish purging my lair of dragons, but I might put that aside and finish up all the dragons on page 1 of my lair. Here's hoping!
@After

please add me to the pinglist!

With regards to today's writing time, I'm going to try and finish my page 1 lore today. I'm still working hard to finish purging my lair of dragons, but I might put that aside and finish up all the dragons on page 1 of my lair. Here's hoping!
@After I've definitely come across either this thread or its predecessor before, but never done anything actively. Partly because my worry of being a social catastrophe makes me wary of interaction at times. ^^; Possibly because sometimes when I see writers talking, on places like discord, they've been seen to assume that certain headcanons are universally known and held as absolute canon, which is really intimidating. Also, outside of potential developments within roleplays or festival events, I've been used to working on my lore whenever, such that attempting to do so on demand seemed odd. Thankfully, from reading the guidelines here, this thread seems a far cry from that one time a festival roleplay suddenly set one of its daily challenges as writing a short-story and my efforts ultimately seemed in vain. Admittedly I've been somewhat concerned that some of my partially complete arcs have glaring issues that I don't know how to fix. I find it sort of funny that I keep considering or developing arc/event ideas without completing any, so I've half thought I should try focus on finishing some less risky backstory-work. I wanted to thank you, After, and any other contributors, for compiling the list of resource links. There's a fair few things of interest I haven't come across before. Fittingly enough, looking around (particularly Lorebuilding 101) has prompted me to begin trying to create diagrams of my lair's layout (as a lot of it is underground) which in itself has generated an idea about how things get taken from the hoard to the vault. Though it does mean I have more questions to potentially address. XD I mean I have the clan's very beginnings involving a Ridgeback's digging creating underground living and library space, and while the clan was small, before getting any Imperials, the chef or a formal lab/forge, that seems about okay. But for the way it is for most of the timeline after the 'Fledgling Stage', I imagine the clan would need to hire a team of Ridgebacks and Earth dragons to make the main lair (as opposed to the likes of surface fields or greenhouses which can be added later) what it is in its full form (at least, as I see it now. Could potentially change later, like it might suffer a great deal of damage over the War arc that might lead to changes during repairs/reconstruction). Not sure if it works, but I wonder at the idea of plans being made during that post-Fledgling stage for potential Spiral guests or lair-mates, with tunnels in a certain area (or areas) and maybe Earth magic used in some way to try avoid structural integrity issues? ^^; Though with guests I imagine it would be permitted for one to burrow into a tree, so long as it's regulated to minimise the impact on the area (I'm thinking something along the lines of essentially not letting Spirals kill all the trees in the area). You might also notice that I have yet to figure anything to do with hatcheries, nurseries or the likes of mausoleums on my drafted lair-diagrams. ^^; I can imagine that with rooms there'd be three standard sizes: large for Guardians and Ridgebacks, small for Fae and Spirals, and medium for the rest (though the latter'd be big enough to accommodate a Coatl or Bogsneak). The clan's key tenet of embracing diversity means that along the main corridors would some kind of mixture, rather than any kind of breed segregation. I remember when using [url=http://emcall.github.io/dragonsizes/]this site[/url] to compare the sizes of dragons in a given RP group and stuff like that that Imperials were a whole new level of massive, so there's only a few useable rooms on the surface and on the first basement level (dunno how to describe it other than referring to pokemon level labelling, heh). Which suits the breed's tendency to avoid too many being in a given lair at once. (Not to be taken too literally. I didn't exactly think about the sizes of various rooms and wouldn't have an accurate idea for external structure scaling. ^^;) [img]https://imgur.com/840qqK8.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/W5tOLkl.png[/img] I've also decided I want some kind of steampunk blender or something available for clan-mates to use, because it's nice to have the option of smoothies. Also that the default bed (as residents can buy something else if they like) might be akin to a cat/dog bed or something. ^^ Admittedly a lot of what I've been figuring is to do with the first lorebuilding 101 thread, so I hope it's not a big problem that I posted here. ^^; Though when I noticed they had several other topics with questions I decided that maybe I should leave some of them for another day and be satisfied with the progress made, heh.
@After

I've definitely come across either this thread or its predecessor before, but never done anything actively. Partly because my worry of being a social catastrophe makes me wary of interaction at times. ^^; Possibly because sometimes when I see writers talking, on places like discord, they've been seen to assume that certain headcanons are universally known and held as absolute canon, which is really intimidating.

Also, outside of potential developments within roleplays or festival events, I've been used to working on my lore whenever, such that attempting to do so on demand seemed odd. Thankfully, from reading the guidelines here, this thread seems a far cry from that one time a festival roleplay suddenly set one of its daily challenges as writing a short-story and my efforts ultimately seemed in vain.

Admittedly I've been somewhat concerned that some of my partially complete arcs have glaring issues that I don't know how to fix. I find it sort of funny that I keep considering or developing arc/event ideas without completing any, so I've half thought I should try focus on finishing some less risky backstory-work.

I wanted to thank you, After, and any other contributors, for compiling the list of resource links. There's a fair few things of interest I haven't come across before. Fittingly enough, looking around (particularly Lorebuilding 101) has prompted me to begin trying to create diagrams of my lair's layout (as a lot of it is underground) which in itself has generated an idea about how things get taken from the hoard to the vault. Though it does mean I have more questions to potentially address. XD

I mean I have the clan's very beginnings involving a Ridgeback's digging creating underground living and library space, and while the clan was small, before getting any Imperials, the chef or a formal lab/forge, that seems about okay. But for the way it is for most of the timeline after the 'Fledgling Stage', I imagine the clan would need to hire a team of Ridgebacks and Earth dragons to make the main lair (as opposed to the likes of surface fields or greenhouses which can be added later) what it is in its full form (at least, as I see it now. Could potentially change later, like it might suffer a great deal of damage over the War arc that might lead to changes during repairs/reconstruction).
Not sure if it works, but I wonder at the idea of plans being made during that post-Fledgling stage for potential Spiral guests or lair-mates, with tunnels in a certain area (or areas) and maybe Earth magic used in some way to try avoid structural integrity issues? ^^;
Though with guests I imagine it would be permitted for one to burrow into a tree, so long as it's regulated to minimise the impact on the area (I'm thinking something along the lines of essentially not letting Spirals kill all the trees in the area).

You might also notice that I have yet to figure anything to do with hatcheries, nurseries or the likes of mausoleums on my drafted lair-diagrams. ^^;

I can imagine that with rooms there'd be three standard sizes: large for Guardians and Ridgebacks, small for Fae and Spirals, and medium for the rest (though the latter'd be big enough to accommodate a Coatl or Bogsneak). The clan's key tenet of embracing diversity means that along the main corridors would some kind of mixture, rather than any kind of breed segregation.
I remember when using this site to compare the sizes of dragons in a given RP group and stuff like that that Imperials were a whole new level of massive, so there's only a few useable rooms on the surface and on the first basement level (dunno how to describe it other than referring to pokemon level labelling, heh). Which suits the breed's tendency to avoid too many being in a given lair at once.

(Not to be taken too literally. I didn't exactly think about the sizes of various rooms and wouldn't have an accurate idea for external structure scaling. ^^;)

840qqK8.png

W5tOLkl.png

I've also decided I want some kind of steampunk blender or something available for clan-mates to use, because it's nice to have the option of smoothies. Also that the default bed (as residents can buy something else if they like) might be akin to a cat/dog bed or something. ^^

Admittedly a lot of what I've been figuring is to do with the first lorebuilding 101 thread, so I hope it's not a big problem that I posted here. ^^;
Though when I noticed they had several other topics with questions I decided that maybe I should leave some of them for another day and be satisfied with the progress made, heh.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Time to work on Fenwick, I guess!
Time to work on Fenwick, I guess!
PQznZys.png
I don't like using this day to motivate for my Pinkerlocke because then I write for my Pinkerlocke every ten days and I don't get anything else done, but I do really need to get a post up for that. So that's goal #1, and I will also have a secondary goal of... what? I want to get closer to finishing someone's bio (I have so many without) but I also just recently got a new dragon. She's supposed to just be a reference to a band I like but my ideas for her lore have been creeping into full fandragon territory... since I've got a little inspiration for her fresh in my mind I'll write some bio for her today.
I don't like using this day to motivate for my Pinkerlocke because then I write for my Pinkerlocke every ten days and I don't get anything else done, but I do really need to get a post up for that. So that's goal #1, and I will also have a secondary goal of... what? I want to get closer to finishing someone's bio (I have so many without) but I also just recently got a new dragon. She's supposed to just be a reference to a band I like but my ideas for her lore have been creeping into full fandragon territory... since I've got a little inspiration for her fresh in my mind I'll write some bio for her today.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 280 281