Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 280 281
Eh, didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked, but Birchwood has the beginnings of a bio done now [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42058586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/420586/42058586_350.png[/img] [/url] I'll get Cypress's out at some point, I love my antisocial swamp dwellers
Eh, didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked, but Birchwood has the beginnings of a bio done now

42058586_350.png

I'll get Cypress's out at some point, I love my antisocial swamp dwellers
nnnnn Uncommon-Cute.png nnarmin || he/him
hchlv.gif
nntumblr_n89imatJWz1tfzajgo2_r1_250.png

*VIBRATES EXCITEDLY* aaaaAAAAA Brightshine's just around the corner, I can't wait to see what the new fest cycle will bring! With much anticipation, this is your reminder ping: tomorrow, June 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

It also happens to be the second anniversary of LWD itself! It's been a bit of a bumpy ride what with real life rearing its ugly head on occasion, but we're still here - and rarin' to write some lore! A big thank you to all of you who have jumped onboard for even one Lore Whining Day, because hey, this thread wouldn't be here if it weren't for y'all! :D

As a lil' gift: I'm considering doing a couple sketchy headshots of people's dragons, one per person, picked at random. Not sure how many exactly - need to see how much attention this gets first, haha - but if you're interested, feel free to send a PM with the title of "LWD Sketch" and a link to the dragon you'd like me to draw! (Expression/personality tidbits optional.) I'll RNG up the choices and ping the winners after tomorrow's rollover and send the finished sketches out via PM during the week. c:

Personal goals for the day: I finally got the last two dragons I needed for my circle of noble family heads, so I'll be working on personality and backstory groundwork for them. If I can get that done, then I'll work on the dynamics of all the House Heads interacting with each other, see who hates whose guts, that sort of thing.

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin

*VIBRATES EXCITEDLY* aaaaAAAAA Brightshine's just around the corner, I can't wait to see what the new fest cycle will bring! With much anticipation, this is your reminder ping: tomorrow, June 24th, is a Lore Whining Day!

It also happens to be the second anniversary of LWD itself! It's been a bit of a bumpy ride what with real life rearing its ugly head on occasion, but we're still here - and rarin' to write some lore! A big thank you to all of you who have jumped onboard for even one Lore Whining Day, because hey, this thread wouldn't be here if it weren't for y'all! :D

As a lil' gift: I'm considering doing a couple sketchy headshots of people's dragons, one per person, picked at random. Not sure how many exactly - need to see how much attention this gets first, haha - but if you're interested, feel free to send a PM with the title of "LWD Sketch" and a link to the dragon you'd like me to draw! (Expression/personality tidbits optional.) I'll RNG up the choices and ping the winners after tomorrow's rollover and send the finished sketches out via PM during the week. c:

Personal goals for the day: I finally got the last two dragons I needed for my circle of noble family heads, so I'll be working on personality and backstory groundwork for them. If I can get that done, then I'll work on the dynamics of all the House Heads interacting with each other, see who hates whose guts, that sort of thing.

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
8D
I've been waiting for this ping! I can't exactly guarantee it'll happen tomorrow since it's busy, but sometime this week, I'd like to expand on a couple dragons' lore (Dai and Wyn!) After posting in the festival wyrm lore thread that I've become very excited about seeing pop up every festival, I realized their lore doesn't really explain how they became cursed! They're both cursed by the sun in a way, but I hadn't really given thought as to why. (It's also partially one of those "it's a secret so it's not in their lore" kind of things, but I'd also like to know myself, if they'll share their story anyway... xD )

If I manage to get that done, well... I have a lot of lore to prepare for my subspecies! Despite the thread already being up, I feel like it's missing a lot, and I have some other types I need to get posted up, too.
Ankhesi and Siphtah (whom I posted a while back) are tied into the subspecies as well, so their lore might get expanded like I've been meaning to do for months.
8D
I've been waiting for this ping! I can't exactly guarantee it'll happen tomorrow since it's busy, but sometime this week, I'd like to expand on a couple dragons' lore (Dai and Wyn!) After posting in the festival wyrm lore thread that I've become very excited about seeing pop up every festival, I realized their lore doesn't really explain how they became cursed! They're both cursed by the sun in a way, but I hadn't really given thought as to why. (It's also partially one of those "it's a secret so it's not in their lore" kind of things, but I'd also like to know myself, if they'll share their story anyway... xD )

If I manage to get that done, well... I have a lot of lore to prepare for my subspecies! Despite the thread already being up, I feel like it's missing a lot, and I have some other types I need to get posted up, too.
Ankhesi and Siphtah (whom I posted a while back) are tied into the subspecies as well, so their lore might get expanded like I've been meaning to do for months.
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@After, may I be added to the pinglist, please? Thank you!

As for goals...I'm trying to eventually have lore for all of my permadragons. That's a lot of dragons. And every time I work on lore, I feel guilty because I'm also writing a book irl that I've been working on forever, and I always feel like if I'm going to put effort into writing something, it should be the "serious" thing instead of dragon bios. But dragon bios make me happy, so here I am. :) It's slow going, but I've gotten several started, and a few are even done. Only 100+ to go. Yay.
@After, may I be added to the pinglist, please? Thank you!

As for goals...I'm trying to eventually have lore for all of my permadragons. That's a lot of dragons. And every time I work on lore, I feel guilty because I'm also writing a book irl that I've been working on forever, and I always feel like if I'm going to put effort into writing something, it should be the "serious" thing instead of dragon bios. But dragon bios make me happy, so here I am. :) It's slow going, but I've gotten several started, and a few are even done. Only 100+ to go. Yay.
b6M3VPH.png
@SilverFoxDemon - OOH WHAT IS THIS

Man I really need to lurk in Dragon Share more often, I had no idea that thread was a thing! :O Your cursed kiddos are really cool too omg, they've got a pretty neat thing going on! Also they're gorgeous aslkdfjsdfj

Big mood though, I enjoy tossing curses and the like around like candy but I still gotta figure out where it comes from. XD At least pondering the hows and whys has led to some interesting plot developments! Hopefully you can get your duo to spill their secrets, haha~

@Airys - Added! And aww, don't feel guilty! At least you're still getting in some practice by working on something either way, and practice is good! Way I see it, if it makes you happy, there's no reason to force yourself to work on something else. I've got a similar thing going on where I'm working on a few fanfics and have been tackling them for NaNoWriMo every November (and Camp too) ever since I got into it. I do have original concepts I could be working on, but fanfics are just so much fun. XD I'm proud of them in their own right, and I've learned some things along the way, so I'll call that good. ^^

Heck, in the future you might even be able to pull concepts/content from those bios and merge them into an original work! You never know. Good luck tackling your lair though, I can definitely sympathize with having a long list of dragons yet to do. XD
@SilverFoxDemon - OOH WHAT IS THIS

Man I really need to lurk in Dragon Share more often, I had no idea that thread was a thing! :O Your cursed kiddos are really cool too omg, they've got a pretty neat thing going on! Also they're gorgeous aslkdfjsdfj

Big mood though, I enjoy tossing curses and the like around like candy but I still gotta figure out where it comes from. XD At least pondering the hows and whys has led to some interesting plot developments! Hopefully you can get your duo to spill their secrets, haha~

@Airys - Added! And aww, don't feel guilty! At least you're still getting in some practice by working on something either way, and practice is good! Way I see it, if it makes you happy, there's no reason to force yourself to work on something else. I've got a similar thing going on where I'm working on a few fanfics and have been tackling them for NaNoWriMo every November (and Camp too) ever since I got into it. I do have original concepts I could be working on, but fanfics are just so much fun. XD I'm proud of them in their own right, and I've learned some things along the way, so I'll call that good. ^^

Heck, in the future you might even be able to pull concepts/content from those bios and merge them into an original work! You never know. Good luck tackling your lair though, I can definitely sympathize with having a long list of dragons yet to do. XD
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After, thank you for the reassurance! The book I'm working on was a NaNo book. NaNo is tough. Congratulations on tackling it so many times!

I think fanfic is a wonderful way to practice writing. I'm terrible at character voice, but I've used fanfic to practice that. When you know how a character should sound, it really sharpens your dialogue "ear"!
@After, thank you for the reassurance! The book I'm working on was a NaNo book. NaNo is tough. Congratulations on tackling it so many times!

I think fanfic is a wonderful way to practice writing. I'm terrible at character voice, but I've used fanfic to practice that. When you know how a character should sound, it really sharpens your dialogue "ear"!
b6M3VPH.png
Geh, I've been planning to get stuff done this LWD for a while now but then the family barbecue was rescheduled for today at the last minute >_<

The good news is as of a couple days ago I've finally decided on lore for all my permadragons! Now I just have to write it out in not-point-form-notes. If I have the time I'll try to do Bat, Nona, or this awful monstrosity whose name I never want to type again.
Geh, I've been planning to get stuff done this LWD for a while now but then the family barbecue was rescheduled for today at the last minute >_<

The good news is as of a couple days ago I've finally decided on lore for all my permadragons! Now I just have to write it out in not-point-form-notes. If I have the time I'll try to do Bat, Nona, or this awful monstrosity whose name I never want to type again.
C5V5o0z.png
@Octopodes, "personality reminiscent of a sentient hot topic" is hilarious.
@Octopodes, "personality reminiscent of a sentient hot topic" is hilarious.
b6M3VPH.png
@Airys thank you, I'm very proud of that line :D it's a shame I won't be able to keep it in the final version, lest I spend hours contemplating the existence of retail chains and art theft in (my headcanon version of) Sornieth.

I've technically won NaNo twice by reaching 50k words, but never finished writing or went back to edit either novel. I'm really impressed by people who are dedicated and patient enough to write longform fiction! I might try again this year with a less ambitious project, but for now I'm having a lot of fun with bite-sized dragon bios.
@Airys thank you, I'm very proud of that line :D it's a shame I won't be able to keep it in the final version, lest I spend hours contemplating the existence of retail chains and art theft in (my headcanon version of) Sornieth.

I've technically won NaNo twice by reaching 50k words, but never finished writing or went back to edit either novel. I'm really impressed by people who are dedicated and patient enough to write longform fiction! I might try again this year with a less ambitious project, but for now I'm having a lot of fun with bite-sized dragon bios.
C5V5o0z.png
I'd love to join in on this and start by actually writing something for my dragons! I wrote a little bit a while ago, but I need to do the next installment.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2457636/1#post_33637459
I'd love to join in on this and start by actually writing something for my dragons! I wrote a little bit a while ago, but I need to do the next installment.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2457636/1#post_33637459
Lore Shop.
Call me Mondo. He/him pronouns please.
Click the Melon!sumerween_gif.gif
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 280 281