Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The MANY types of FR users
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
EDIT:
How has this thread not died yet??? It's been over 3 years and somehow it's STILL going.

Lots of stuff is probably outdated. I may have to update the list lol

I don't know if anyone has ever done this before, but I decided to make a random list of the 14 15 16 MANY types of FR users

I will keep editing and changing this thead over time, but have removed the edits (because there are only so many edits I should share, and after the 8th I kinda got tired of it)

this may just be the thread I will be remembered for...

The ‘jack-of-all’
The jack of all are primarily the newer members on the site, and are still exploring the site, slowly developing a preference of what they like doing on FR and things they don’t like as much. Jack-of-all who are experienced on FR can often be seen helping others with various subjects and don't have a clear preference as to what they enjoy most on here. They can also be called 'casual' players :3

The ranch owner
The ranch owner is someone who collects familiars: all of them. They may do so for various reasons: lore, a personal goal, etc. Though non-rancher FR-users may think it's insane to sink an INSANE amount of gems into filling the bestiary, but ranchers will simply counter that they can do what they want: That bestiary is there for a reason, and they are going to fill up ALL entries of it!

The breeder
The breeder is focused on breeding dragons, and selling them later on. They’ll probably have a hatchery thread where they frequently update who’s for sale and who’s on a nest. They my spend a lot of time trying ot find the perfect match for a dragon, or to find who'd be willing to buy who.

The fashion advisor.
The fashion advisor’s dragons are AMAZINGLY well-dressed: not a single color clashes with the color or genes of a dragon, and they are probably the ones giving advice when you post a thread in the dragon share forum asking for apparel advice.

The drill sergeant.
The drill sergeant has a LOT of high lvl dragons, and is always busy training more of them. Whether this is because of a pinkerlocke or lore reasons, it doesn’t matter: ANY DRAGON THAT WISHES TO STAY IS GONNA GO TROUGH SOME SPARTAN TRAINING!

The genetic researcher.
The genetic researcher is someone who has ALL their gen ones gened, but shouldn’t be confused with a ‘crazy-gen-one-hoarder’. Aside from gen ones they also occasionally change the genes of a non-gen one dragon into something they find nicer-looking.

The Super soldier
A fusion between the genetic researcher and the drill sergeant, the super soldier has traits of both users- they frequently change genes of their dergs, and ALL permadergs are supposed to reach lvl 25 sooner or later. This is a rather rare user, for they combine two of the most dificult goals to achieve: Have a fully (re)gened lair and (and planing to have) every perma at lvl 25.

The crazy gen-one hoarder
The crazy gen-one hoarder has (like the genetic researcher) a lot of gen ones, but unlike them their gen ones lack genes. There could be pages upon pages of gen ones, and none of them have genes, which leads to the gen ones eventually being sold or exalted (or both!).

The gamer
The gamer is known for…. Well… playing the fairgrounds games and playing some more games in the forums. They could also set challenges for themselves and try to win them (such as ‘earn x amount of treasure in 12 hours’ or something like it.)

The ‘not-so-corrupt’ banker
The banker is focused on earning treasure and gems, and a LOT of it too. They could use various means of achieving a maximum income, but it’s mostly with buying apparel in the marketplace and selling it at a WAY higher price in the auction house. another is selling old and retired apparel, familiars and such, but there are many, MANY ways of earning money on FR

The writer
The writer is known for their lore, and ALL aspects of it. Their lore is a work of art which reaches beyond their profile page and onto their dragons and the forums. They are creative when it comes to forging relationships between dragons and find new and interesting ways to keep you on the edge of your seat when reading.

Subtype of writer: RPer
Writing a story on your own may be fun, but coming up with a whole book with someone else is MUCH more fun! This is essentially what the RPer does: role play an entire story with one or multiple other users. The storylines which come from these RPs are influcenced by not one, but multiple users, which only seems to add to the fun~!

The painter
The painter is known for creating visual artworks (drawings and such). They may have an art thread, sell adoptables and commissions or they could make skins and accents for those who are interested. Most of the time they try to make artwork which is really nice to look at, and may even start a comic series in the art forums.

The memelord
The memelord….. is a special case of FR user. Most users only have one or two dragons which are meant to be silly. The memelord’s entire lair is silly. From PAGES of dragons with weird names, to users who only have PAGES of dragons with the exact same color and gene combination with only ONE dragon breaking the norm. Their lairs are…. Interesting to say the least…..

Subtype of memelord: Phoatlshopper
ooooohhhh boy, this is a type of memelord who often 'phoatlshops' their dragons in various situations or creates a whole new abonination from bits and pieces of other dragons. I did not get the chance to observe one of these users in their natural habitat of the phoatlshop thread, but I can only imagine how crazy it is right there.....

The collector
The collector collects stuff (no shet). Various trinkets can be found in the hoard, and chances are their vaults are..... I'd say 'full' but that would be a serious understatement. They probably have enough items to make Swipp and Baldwin very rich dragons, but they already could be for all we know...

With that, I would like to give special attention to all the UMA hoarders! Not only are they hoarders, they must also have some connection to the 'not-so corrupt bankers'- UMA are EXPENCIVE.

The pop-culture expert
The pop-culture expert has a LOT of fandragons (or in some cases dragons that are a reference to mythology). Due to their diverse interests they are quick to see what references other users have in their lair and will probably scream in delight when they find someone who's in the same fandom as they are.

The patriot/ Hardcore Dom Enthusiast

They live in the Coliseum. Always broke buying More Fodder so they can't actually use their Dom Discount, but their deity probably has a picture of them on their bedroom wall. They have all of the spreadsheets at their fingertips. Probably in Light, Earth or Plague Flight, or at least have been there/plan to move there.

The compulsive buyer.

The compulsive buyer is in need of money. Always. It's not that they don't know how to earn it, it's just... they never seem to be able to hold on to their cash for long. They're often the ones that impulse buy dragons and apparel, which can lead to them also being labeled as a 'gen-one hoarder' or a 'collector'. They could be seen as the polar opposite of the 'not-so-corrupt' banker: they earn cash and IMMEDIATELY spend it!

The lurker

Lurkers are everyhwere, reading everything, but never reaching out or posting. They could be reading this, and you'd never know. They lay hidden, patiently waiting. It could be they're lurking around because they're afraid of striking up a conversation, or their intensions could be much more sinister. Every thread is followed by a few lurkers, but no-one can be completely sure just how many there are. They rarely (if ever) post on a thread and must've rejoiced when the subscription function came back, for now no-one would notice they're following, ever so closely......

Subtype of lurker: The isolated
The isolated is a variation of the 'lurker': their lair could be full of dragons, all fed and looking amazing, but they do not have any friend, nor do they post on the forums. Their pages does not contain any comments and if not for the fact their dragons are well-fed, you'd wonder if the lair is even occupied by anyone. Lurkers are more likely to have friends who got them into the game, but the isolated are.... completely isolated...

recruitment center
The recruitment center may actually fall in more than just one category ON FR, but OUTSIDE of it they are active with it as well. They talk a lot to family and friends about it and desperately try to get them to join during the welcome weeks. Whether it's for a bonus or not varies per person, but they hear the question: 'that dragon game again?' quite often. (they may also have said some things like 'I need more stoned dragons and recieved funny looks because of it)

The forum follower
The forum follower is like the polar opposite of the Lurker/Isolated: They practically live in the forums and love to talk to others. whether it's in their flight-specific forum or one that's available for all flights, they are there and you know it. They wear their shiny rainbow star with pride and will probably squeal at every ping they get (unless it's a ping for having sold something. They kind of hoped they had actually gotten a ping for something in the forums...).

The game show host
A fusion between the forum follower and the recruitment center, Game show hosts are known for hosting events on FR. Either related to an elemental festival, or for something unrelated to any FR event. They are capable of reeling in an audience and more often than not have a LOT of people on their pinglist for the 'next' event they may hold.

The alpine Ibexes
These are the users who are craving dat mineral, and love to be salty about things, however unlike the drama king/queen these users tend to vent about it on other sites/blogs (I am not going to name one of them since FR does not like it much). Also unlike the next group of users these guys may actually speak up about things that secretly annoy almost everyone.

Subtype of the alpine Ibexes: The drama king/queen
Ohboy....this is a special snowflake (more like NOflake amiright?). Whereas most users here are friendly, easy to talk to and nice, there are just a few who wish to stirr up drama or cause trouble. Could be they are being rude, could be they are making some questionable assumptions but these people stir up a whole lot of (often times unneeded) drama.

The ancient one
The ancient one is all about all the old, retired items, or VERY old dragons. Their lairs may be full of 6, 5 or even 4 digit dragons, and they probably have the entire sprite set. They were around when FR was still just starting out, and have the relics to prove it!

The tomb raider
Whereas the ancient one has all the retired stuff because they were actually PRESENT when they could get those, the tomb raider is someone who BUYS it. There's nothing wrong with buying old and retired stuff (in fact if there was FR's economy would be....errr... I am not even going to try and explain it) but I feel like they must've learned how to get munz from the banker, because that stuff is EXPENCIVE AS HECK.
EDIT:
How has this thread not died yet??? It's been over 3 years and somehow it's STILL going.

Lots of stuff is probably outdated. I may have to update the list lol

I don't know if anyone has ever done this before, but I decided to make a random list of the 14 15 16 MANY types of FR users

I will keep editing and changing this thead over time, but have removed the edits (because there are only so many edits I should share, and after the 8th I kinda got tired of it)

this may just be the thread I will be remembered for...

The ‘jack-of-all’
The jack of all are primarily the newer members on the site, and are still exploring the site, slowly developing a preference of what they like doing on FR and things they don’t like as much. Jack-of-all who are experienced on FR can often be seen helping others with various subjects and don't have a clear preference as to what they enjoy most on here. They can also be called 'casual' players :3

The ranch owner
The ranch owner is someone who collects familiars: all of them. They may do so for various reasons: lore, a personal goal, etc. Though non-rancher FR-users may think it's insane to sink an INSANE amount of gems into filling the bestiary, but ranchers will simply counter that they can do what they want: That bestiary is there for a reason, and they are going to fill up ALL entries of it!

The breeder
The breeder is focused on breeding dragons, and selling them later on. They’ll probably have a hatchery thread where they frequently update who’s for sale and who’s on a nest. They my spend a lot of time trying ot find the perfect match for a dragon, or to find who'd be willing to buy who.

The fashion advisor.
The fashion advisor’s dragons are AMAZINGLY well-dressed: not a single color clashes with the color or genes of a dragon, and they are probably the ones giving advice when you post a thread in the dragon share forum asking for apparel advice.

The drill sergeant.
The drill sergeant has a LOT of high lvl dragons, and is always busy training more of them. Whether this is because of a pinkerlocke or lore reasons, it doesn’t matter: ANY DRAGON THAT WISHES TO STAY IS GONNA GO TROUGH SOME SPARTAN TRAINING!

The genetic researcher.
The genetic researcher is someone who has ALL their gen ones gened, but shouldn’t be confused with a ‘crazy-gen-one-hoarder’. Aside from gen ones they also occasionally change the genes of a non-gen one dragon into something they find nicer-looking.

The Super soldier
A fusion between the genetic researcher and the drill sergeant, the super soldier has traits of both users- they frequently change genes of their dergs, and ALL permadergs are supposed to reach lvl 25 sooner or later. This is a rather rare user, for they combine two of the most dificult goals to achieve: Have a fully (re)gened lair and (and planing to have) every perma at lvl 25.

The crazy gen-one hoarder
The crazy gen-one hoarder has (like the genetic researcher) a lot of gen ones, but unlike them their gen ones lack genes. There could be pages upon pages of gen ones, and none of them have genes, which leads to the gen ones eventually being sold or exalted (or both!).

The gamer
The gamer is known for…. Well… playing the fairgrounds games and playing some more games in the forums. They could also set challenges for themselves and try to win them (such as ‘earn x amount of treasure in 12 hours’ or something like it.)

The ‘not-so-corrupt’ banker
The banker is focused on earning treasure and gems, and a LOT of it too. They could use various means of achieving a maximum income, but it’s mostly with buying apparel in the marketplace and selling it at a WAY higher price in the auction house. another is selling old and retired apparel, familiars and such, but there are many, MANY ways of earning money on FR

The writer
The writer is known for their lore, and ALL aspects of it. Their lore is a work of art which reaches beyond their profile page and onto their dragons and the forums. They are creative when it comes to forging relationships between dragons and find new and interesting ways to keep you on the edge of your seat when reading.

Subtype of writer: RPer
Writing a story on your own may be fun, but coming up with a whole book with someone else is MUCH more fun! This is essentially what the RPer does: role play an entire story with one or multiple other users. The storylines which come from these RPs are influcenced by not one, but multiple users, which only seems to add to the fun~!

The painter
The painter is known for creating visual artworks (drawings and such). They may have an art thread, sell adoptables and commissions or they could make skins and accents for those who are interested. Most of the time they try to make artwork which is really nice to look at, and may even start a comic series in the art forums.

The memelord
The memelord….. is a special case of FR user. Most users only have one or two dragons which are meant to be silly. The memelord’s entire lair is silly. From PAGES of dragons with weird names, to users who only have PAGES of dragons with the exact same color and gene combination with only ONE dragon breaking the norm. Their lairs are…. Interesting to say the least…..

Subtype of memelord: Phoatlshopper
ooooohhhh boy, this is a type of memelord who often 'phoatlshops' their dragons in various situations or creates a whole new abonination from bits and pieces of other dragons. I did not get the chance to observe one of these users in their natural habitat of the phoatlshop thread, but I can only imagine how crazy it is right there.....

The collector
The collector collects stuff (no shet). Various trinkets can be found in the hoard, and chances are their vaults are..... I'd say 'full' but that would be a serious understatement. They probably have enough items to make Swipp and Baldwin very rich dragons, but they already could be for all we know...

With that, I would like to give special attention to all the UMA hoarders! Not only are they hoarders, they must also have some connection to the 'not-so corrupt bankers'- UMA are EXPENCIVE.

The pop-culture expert
The pop-culture expert has a LOT of fandragons (or in some cases dragons that are a reference to mythology). Due to their diverse interests they are quick to see what references other users have in their lair and will probably scream in delight when they find someone who's in the same fandom as they are.

The patriot/ Hardcore Dom Enthusiast

They live in the Coliseum. Always broke buying More Fodder so they can't actually use their Dom Discount, but their deity probably has a picture of them on their bedroom wall. They have all of the spreadsheets at their fingertips. Probably in Light, Earth or Plague Flight, or at least have been there/plan to move there.

The compulsive buyer.

The compulsive buyer is in need of money. Always. It's not that they don't know how to earn it, it's just... they never seem to be able to hold on to their cash for long. They're often the ones that impulse buy dragons and apparel, which can lead to them also being labeled as a 'gen-one hoarder' or a 'collector'. They could be seen as the polar opposite of the 'not-so-corrupt' banker: they earn cash and IMMEDIATELY spend it!

The lurker

Lurkers are everyhwere, reading everything, but never reaching out or posting. They could be reading this, and you'd never know. They lay hidden, patiently waiting. It could be they're lurking around because they're afraid of striking up a conversation, or their intensions could be much more sinister. Every thread is followed by a few lurkers, but no-one can be completely sure just how many there are. They rarely (if ever) post on a thread and must've rejoiced when the subscription function came back, for now no-one would notice they're following, ever so closely......

Subtype of lurker: The isolated
The isolated is a variation of the 'lurker': their lair could be full of dragons, all fed and looking amazing, but they do not have any friend, nor do they post on the forums. Their pages does not contain any comments and if not for the fact their dragons are well-fed, you'd wonder if the lair is even occupied by anyone. Lurkers are more likely to have friends who got them into the game, but the isolated are.... completely isolated...

recruitment center
The recruitment center may actually fall in more than just one category ON FR, but OUTSIDE of it they are active with it as well. They talk a lot to family and friends about it and desperately try to get them to join during the welcome weeks. Whether it's for a bonus or not varies per person, but they hear the question: 'that dragon game again?' quite often. (they may also have said some things like 'I need more stoned dragons and recieved funny looks because of it)

The forum follower
The forum follower is like the polar opposite of the Lurker/Isolated: They practically live in the forums and love to talk to others. whether it's in their flight-specific forum or one that's available for all flights, they are there and you know it. They wear their shiny rainbow star with pride and will probably squeal at every ping they get (unless it's a ping for having sold something. They kind of hoped they had actually gotten a ping for something in the forums...).

The game show host
A fusion between the forum follower and the recruitment center, Game show hosts are known for hosting events on FR. Either related to an elemental festival, or for something unrelated to any FR event. They are capable of reeling in an audience and more often than not have a LOT of people on their pinglist for the 'next' event they may hold.

The alpine Ibexes
These are the users who are craving dat mineral, and love to be salty about things, however unlike the drama king/queen these users tend to vent about it on other sites/blogs (I am not going to name one of them since FR does not like it much). Also unlike the next group of users these guys may actually speak up about things that secretly annoy almost everyone.

Subtype of the alpine Ibexes: The drama king/queen
Ohboy....this is a special snowflake (more like NOflake amiright?). Whereas most users here are friendly, easy to talk to and nice, there are just a few who wish to stirr up drama or cause trouble. Could be they are being rude, could be they are making some questionable assumptions but these people stir up a whole lot of (often times unneeded) drama.

The ancient one
The ancient one is all about all the old, retired items, or VERY old dragons. Their lairs may be full of 6, 5 or even 4 digit dragons, and they probably have the entire sprite set. They were around when FR was still just starting out, and have the relics to prove it!

The tomb raider
Whereas the ancient one has all the retired stuff because they were actually PRESENT when they could get those, the tomb raider is someone who BUYS it. There's nothing wrong with buying old and retired stuff (in fact if there was FR's economy would be....errr... I am not even going to try and explain it) but I feel like they must've learned how to get munz from the banker, because that stuff is EXPENCIVE AS HECK.
Art thread (tba)
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte
"Just here to collect silly little dragons in my silly little lair"
Imagine highlighting a forum signature.

Permas are both in my lair and hibden
Tag yourself I'm the not-so-corrupt banker
Tag yourself I'm the not-so-corrupt banker
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
I guess I'm a memelord, LOL.

Although I am also an artist, I haven't sold my work on FR, so not sure that counts as me being a "painter."

Nice list, lol!
I guess I'm a memelord, LOL.

Although I am also an artist, I haven't sold my work on FR, so not sure that counts as me being a "painter."

Nice list, lol!
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
I'm the fashion advisor. I dare anyone to argue.
I'm the fashion advisor. I dare anyone to argue.
dlx3JgZ.gif
I guess I'm a jack-of-all. :P I level most of my dragons somewhat, but not high enough to be a drill sergeant. Also always have some dragons on a nest.
I guess I'm a jack-of-all. :P I level most of my dragons somewhat, but not high enough to be a drill sergeant. Also always have some dragons on a nest.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
where's the 'forum stalker that reads every topic but doesn't reply to any' cuz that would be me lmao

painter I guess? <:I
where's the 'forum stalker that reads every topic but doesn't reply to any' cuz that would be me lmao

painter I guess? <:I
Rusted Crown
I'm definitely the writer ignoring the fact that only like a handful of my dragons actually have writing in their descriptions
it's the thought that counts
I'm definitely the writer ignoring the fact that only like a handful of my dragons actually have writing in their descriptions
it's the thought that counts
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
The ranch-owning writer here! XD Used to be a banker but don't need much money anymore, so...
The ranch-owning writer here! XD Used to be a banker but don't need much money anymore, so...
I'm the genetic researcher. At least, when I have the money... why does it take 95k to brew spinner???

I'd also love to be the writer, but I've... not written hardly any of my lore yet.
I'm the genetic researcher. At least, when I have the money... why does it take 95k to brew spinner???

I'd also love to be the writer, but I've... not written hardly any of my lore yet.
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
I'm definitely edging towards the ranch owner, though unintentionally so. I just keep getting more and more familiars, its not even funny anymore!
I'm definitely edging towards the ranch owner, though unintentionally so. I just keep getting more and more familiars, its not even funny anymore!
4kfkgm.pngnn Welcome!nnnnn Art Shop nnnnnWishlistnn

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58