Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | about exalting...
1 2 3 4
I mean, I exalt random dragons I buy off the AH all the time. Every day. And I breed my dragons to exalt their children. But I don't exalt my dragons. And I would be pretty upset if, say, I sent them to someone to nest or to lend for Coli or to hold for some reason and they exalted them, or if I accidentally exalted them. Yeah. That would be bad. I would be pretty ticked.
I mean, I exalt random dragons I buy off the AH all the time. Every day. And I breed my dragons to exalt their children. But I don't exalt my dragons. And I would be pretty upset if, say, I sent them to someone to nest or to lend for Coli or to hold for some reason and they exalted them, or if I accidentally exalted them. Yeah. That would be bad. I would be pretty ticked.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
9 times out of 10, if it is not about a deep attachment to a dragon it is when their exalted with no name. People value their dragons offspring list a lot I guess.
9 times out of 10, if it is not about a deep attachment to a dragon it is when their exalted with no name. People value their dragons offspring list a lot I guess.
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Exalting is also a really important mechanic. Could you imagine the lair space we would need...? and the food...?
I don't click on the linage too often so exalts don't bother me, but if a derg has unnamed linage it feels like the worst thing ever.
Exalting is also a really important mechanic. Could you imagine the lair space we would need...? and the food...?
I don't click on the linage too often so exalts don't bother me, but if a derg has unnamed linage it feels like the worst thing ever.
For me at least, the lore behind exalting draws way too many parallels to ritual sacrifice in irl ancient civilizations with a centralized religion

• Being chosen is "honourable"
  • Despite the above, these sacrifices happen most often to the undesirables of the society (in historical examples, they were more often than not prisoners of war, especially in warlike civilizations like the Aztecs; in FR they're the undesirable ugly dragons with awful colour combos)
  • The sacrifice is made to please a deity (self-explanatory), especially in times of conflict or need (in historical examples, war, famine, disease, and natural disasters; in FR, dominance is a conflict, including invasion by the beastclans)
  • The sacrifice has economic benefits (in historical examples, animal sacrifices in ancient Greece were distributed as meat for all who attended the sacrifice; in FR we have exalt bonuses)
  • One purpose of the sacrifice is to send servants to a higher power in the heavens or the afterlife (in historical examples it ranged from a deceased king or religious leader to a deity. In early ancient Egypt and civilizations in Central America, servants and concubines of a king would be required to 'follow him into the next life.' Another example is the Capacocha ritual in the Incan empire which sent children to the freezing Andes mountains to join their deities. In FR the lore says that exalted dragons are sent to serve their flight's deity)

So the exalt=death thing makes a little too much sense to me. But really, the whole beastclan thing has a ton of parallels to colonialism (which I won't discuss, it seems p self explanatory & beside the point) and Sornieth in general is a pretty screwed-up place. So the main reason I don't exalt anyone in my lair is because I'm a sentimental sap (;v;)
For me at least, the lore behind exalting draws way too many parallels to ritual sacrifice in irl ancient civilizations with a centralized religion

• Being chosen is "honourable"
  • Despite the above, these sacrifices happen most often to the undesirables of the society (in historical examples, they were more often than not prisoners of war, especially in warlike civilizations like the Aztecs; in FR they're the undesirable ugly dragons with awful colour combos)
  • The sacrifice is made to please a deity (self-explanatory), especially in times of conflict or need (in historical examples, war, famine, disease, and natural disasters; in FR, dominance is a conflict, including invasion by the beastclans)
  • The sacrifice has economic benefits (in historical examples, animal sacrifices in ancient Greece were distributed as meat for all who attended the sacrifice; in FR we have exalt bonuses)
  • One purpose of the sacrifice is to send servants to a higher power in the heavens or the afterlife (in historical examples it ranged from a deceased king or religious leader to a deity. In early ancient Egypt and civilizations in Central America, servants and concubines of a king would be required to 'follow him into the next life.' Another example is the Capacocha ritual in the Incan empire which sent children to the freezing Andes mountains to join their deities. In FR the lore says that exalted dragons are sent to serve their flight's deity)

So the exalt=death thing makes a little too much sense to me. But really, the whole beastclan thing has a ton of parallels to colonialism (which I won't discuss, it seems p self explanatory & beside the point) and Sornieth in general is a pretty screwed-up place. So the main reason I don't exalt anyone in my lair is because I'm a sentimental sap (;v;)
[quote name="GhostFromTheMoon" date=2016-10-08 18:58:44] No lair space? Daily bonuses? Dominance? [quote name="SpaceFerrari" date=2016-10-08 18:36:58] [img]http://i64.tinypic.com/2eyvy3r.jpg[/img] [/quote] [/quote] This. All of it. Exalting is good.
GhostFromTheMoon wrote on 2016-10-08:
No lair space?
Daily bonuses?
Dominance?
SpaceFerrari wrote on 2016-10-08:
2eyvy3r.jpg

This. All of it. Exalting is good.
Step 1: Buy fodder hatchlings for 3.5-4kT
Step 2: Wait for them to grow into adults
Step 3: Train them to level 6-7
Step 4: Exalt
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4
Step 6: Profit

Exalting is probably one of the best sources of income for many lairs, though I guess I could see why some users wouldn't want to exalt random dragons
Step 1: Buy fodder hatchlings for 3.5-4kT
Step 2: Wait for them to grow into adults
Step 3: Train them to level 6-7
Step 4: Exalt
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4
Step 6: Profit

Exalting is probably one of the best sources of income for many lairs, though I guess I could see why some users wouldn't want to exalt random dragons
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I can understand being a little disappointed when a dragon you liked gets exalted, but I don't understand when people get really mad about it. Especially when they start harassing or trying to control other users-- if you're gonna be like "DONT EXALT MY BABIES OR I WILL FIND YOU", maybe FR isn't the right game for you. :'0

That said, I do kind of wish FR had a way to make dragon lending a little safer. I feel bad for people who've sent their dragons away for Coli training and ended up losing them. :[
I can understand being a little disappointed when a dragon you liked gets exalted, but I don't understand when people get really mad about it. Especially when they start harassing or trying to control other users-- if you're gonna be like "DONT EXALT MY BABIES OR I WILL FIND YOU", maybe FR isn't the right game for you. :'0

That said, I do kind of wish FR had a way to make dragon lending a little safer. I feel bad for people who've sent their dragons away for Coli training and ended up losing them. :[
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Because dragons that get exalted are dragons that people don't like. That's kind of obvious, actually.
Because dragons that get exalted are dragons that people don't like. That's kind of obvious, actually.
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
I see both sides of it.
I can see the connection between exalt = death. It does sort of look like a ritual sacrifice, but when I read the official lore I thought it could sort of go either way. They were either being sent to serve the gods by death or they were just flying off to their deity and actually alive and serving them.

I also see it as a game mechanic. They need to move dragons off the server, hence giving us rewards to do so.

I exalt for income. I can get people getting upset if they lent a dragon away and it gets exalted, that's not cool. But if I buy your dragon to train and exalt, I don't feel like you should get upset about it. If I don't want a dragon to be exalted, I don't sell or give it away it. Plain and simple.

I can understand getting attached, even if it is just a game. But if that's the case, never let that dragon out of your sight. *shrug*
I see both sides of it.
I can see the connection between exalt = death. It does sort of look like a ritual sacrifice, but when I read the official lore I thought it could sort of go either way. They were either being sent to serve the gods by death or they were just flying off to their deity and actually alive and serving them.

I also see it as a game mechanic. They need to move dragons off the server, hence giving us rewards to do so.

I exalt for income. I can get people getting upset if they lent a dragon away and it gets exalted, that's not cool. But if I buy your dragon to train and exalt, I don't feel like you should get upset about it. If I don't want a dragon to be exalted, I don't sell or give it away it. Plain and simple.

I can understand getting attached, even if it is just a game. But if that's the case, never let that dragon out of your sight. *shrug*
49ad37d7a9c9d97184d1a45c335927bae802dc7c.giflm6Id7C.png

writer
dreamer
dragon hoarder

PbVFk5l.png
I find it weird you can exalt hatchlings.
I find it weird you can exalt hatchlings.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
1 2 3 4