Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Challenge - How many Gens?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I want to give myself a challenge. I invite y'all to join me if you like! I want to take a random elemental egg and breed until I end up with this -- [img]http://i.imgur.com/pxDdDQ2.jpg[/img] I half-randomly selected this combination because I think it is a combination of colors that is NOT currently highly desired and therefore I will not have a line of dragons in those colors/genes to breed to over and over until I get what I want... I'm going to have to WORK for it. I have given myself these rules: [b]*I cannot start with a Nocturne egg. [/b][i](Nocs are 50/50 when crossed with Imps, that's cheating from the start!)[/i] [b]*I cannot buy or brew genes to aid me.[/b] [b]*I cannot breed more than once per generation -- I have to take what is given to me and work with it.[/b] [i] (I MAY choose which hatchling from a clutch to keep...but i have to keep one from the clutch, can't breed again to try to get something better!)[/i] [b]*I will not keep anything after I breed it -- I will either sell it or I will exalt it to give me funds to purchase the next generation breeding partner. [/b] [i](I give myself exception for the Gen One....but it will not be bred again for this project. {I have a soft spot for Gen Ones and really can't talk myself into exalting it....})[/i] [b]*My goal is EXACTLY what I have stated, right down to gender. I will not accept the wrong gender for my goal.[/b] I invite anyone who might like to try this challenge to join me! I intend to post each generation in the next post from Progenitor to Goal, to document my progress. Who wants to play with me? (@nicefrog you made a post asking to be pinged on breeding challenges. Here's your ping.) (@Lini Thank you for the progen for this!!!)
I want to give myself a challenge. I invite y'all to join me if you like!

I want to take a random elemental egg and breed until I end up with this --

pxDdDQ2.jpg

I half-randomly selected this combination because I think it is a combination of colors that is NOT currently highly desired and therefore I will not have a line of dragons in those colors/genes to breed to over and over until I get what I want... I'm going to have to WORK for it.

I have given myself these rules:

*I cannot start with a Nocturne egg. (Nocs are 50/50 when crossed with Imps, that's cheating from the start!)
*I cannot buy or brew genes to aid me.
*I cannot breed more than once per generation -- I have to take what is given to me and work with it. (I MAY choose which hatchling from a clutch to keep...but i have to keep one from the clutch, can't breed again to try to get something better!)
*I will not keep anything after I breed it -- I will either sell it or I will exalt it to give me funds to purchase the next generation breeding partner. (I give myself exception for the Gen One....but it will not be bred again for this project. {I have a soft spot for Gen Ones and really can't talk myself into exalting it....})
*My goal is EXACTLY what I have stated, right down to gender. I will not accept the wrong gender for my goal.

I invite anyone who might like to try this challenge to join me! I intend to post each generation in the next post from Progenitor to Goal, to document my progress.

Who wants to play with me?

(@nicefrog you made a post asking to be pinged on breeding challenges. Here's your ping.)
(@Lini Thank you for the progen for this!!!)
Looking for these dragons (Help!) --

Female - Ice eyes - Ob/Sunset/Marigold
Male - Water eyes - Tan/Azure/Sand
Male - Nature eyes - Midnight/Midnight/Marigold
My End Goal: [img]http://i.imgur.com/pxDdDQ2.jpg[/img] My progenitor: Cream/Tan/Metals Basic/Basic/Basic [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26761957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267620/26761957_350.png[/img] [/url] GenTwo Cobalt/Slate/Lemon Basic/Basic/Basic [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27289622] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/272897/27289622_350.png[/img] [/url]
My End Goal:

pxDdDQ2.jpg

My progenitor:
Cream/Tan/Metals
Basic/Basic/Basic

26761957_350.png

GenTwo
Cobalt/Slate/Lemon
Basic/Basic/Basic

27289622_350.png

@Chantares I have my own breeding project going, but I'd love to be pinged for yours!
@Chantares I have my own breeding project going, but I'd love to be pinged for yours!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask How do you mean 'pinged'? You mean ping you when i update?
@Leopardmask How do you mean 'pinged'? You mean ping you when i update?

@Chantares

oKAY BUT THAT'S A GR8 EGG HATCH
@Chantares

oKAY BUT THAT'S A GR8 EGG HATCH
@Whirli

Yes! I was surprised he turned out so nice! I'm delighted with my start!
@Whirli

Yes! I was surprised he turned out so nice! I'm delighted with my start!

@Chantares Yes, that's exactly what I mean! I love seeing people's progress on stuff like this.
@Chantares Yes, that's exactly what I mean! I love seeing people's progress on stuff like this.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

Oh, ok! cool!
@Leopardmask

Oh, ok! cool!

@Chantares

Wow, that has got to be one of the better egg hatches I've seen so far!
I should probably check in on how this goes every now and then to see how it goes.
@Chantares

Wow, that has got to be one of the better egg hatches I've seen so far!
I should probably check in on how this goes every now and then to see how it goes.
@chantares hey can I be pinged for updates too? This is really interesting! And good luck too--you need loads lf it :)
@chantares hey can I be pinged for updates too? This is really interesting! And good luck too--you need loads lf it :)

Hello, I used to be @/Azcazach :)
FRT+16

———
College student & tired artist — please be patient if I am a bit slow. Please PM me if I miss out your pings and other stuff.
BdnO4NA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15