Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Legacy Challenge: Mercenary Makeover
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
So, I love the idea of the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1021864]Legacy Challenge[/url], and I also love Gen1 geneing projects, so last week [size=2]while frustrated at work[/size] I came up with what I am calling [b]Legacy Challenge: Mercenary Makeover Edition![/b] I wanted to combine the two and see how I do with some of the Gen1s I hatched during Color Wheel Expansion Day. Here are the rules I will be following! [b]The purpose of this particular flavor is as follows:[/b] [LIST=1] [*] Complete a Legacy Challenge by breeding a respectable, triple-gened dragon in 10 generations; AND [*] Using ONLY the funds from this challenge, re-geneing the original G1 progenitor of this legacy into a respectable, triple-gened dragon [*] BONUS ROUND: Create a viable breeding pair between Gen1 and Gen10! [/LIST] So how do we get funding? Especially for gem genes, which are quite costly? Well, I've based it off of @justjasper's original points system, with some twists. (Points system will be included at the bottom of this post) [b]YOUR BANK ACCOUNT WILL CONSIST OF:[/b] [LIST=1] [*] Existing Bank Funds (starts at 0) [*] 10,000 x (generation) "Base Salary" [*] 1,000 x (points that generation) "Bonus" [*] Profit from exalt / sales of legacy-related dragons only "Commissions" [/LIST] [i]so wtheck does that mean sev[/i] Glad you asked! Here's an example: [quote="Gen 1 and 2"] Gen1 starts with 10,000x(1) = 10,000 t Base Salary. Let's say mate costs 7,000 ---> 3,000t remains in Bank. Assume a 3-egg nest, all hatchlings are Plentiful. Your heir has 1 gene. Based on the scoring rules: Points = (1+3)x2 + 1 + 1 = 10 points. Therefore, your Bonus is 1,000x(10) = 10,000. You then sell/exalt the other 2 hatchlings and make 3,000 each --> 6,000. So your Bank for Gen2 is: 3,000 (remaining) + 20,000 (Base Salary) + 10,000 (Bonus) + 6,000 (Commissions) = [b]39,000 in the Bank[/b]. Some can go to your Gen2 mate, and the rest is saved up for that Gen1 gene project! [/quote] [b]RULES[/b] [LIST] [*] Must start with a triple-Basic, unbred Gen1. [*] All mates must be the same flight as the original Gen1. [*] Your heir (the dragon moving on to the next generation of breeding) is the first hatchling from the nest (first in line when hatched). [LIST] [*] If you want to make an exemption and use another hatchling, you must PAY a fee of 10,000x(generation). This money must be immediately taken from your Challenge Bank tally. (IE if you choose a different hatchling in Gen4, you must deduct 40,000t from your Bank.) [*] If working towards the Breeding Pair bonus round, you may choose the first hatchling of the appropriate gender from your final nest. [/LIST] [*] When calculating that generation's [b]Points[/b], only that generation's nest may be considered. [*] When calculating profit, you MAY use profit from previous generations (exalt a progen, hatching another nest for fodder) as long as [b]all parent dragons are part of the Challenge.[/b] (IE, you cannot bring in a new mate and use those hatchlings for profit, but you CAN use an old mate for profit.) This is meant to force the decision of using extra lair space for more Challenge money & more costly genes! [*] You MAY age up and level your non-heir offspring before exalting! Other challenges don't allow it, but since this is a Mercenary challenge, it's allowed here -- gem genes are expensive, and this is a way of making them accessible. [/LIST] [b]VARIATIONS YOU CAN PLAY[/b] [LIST] [*] Use only Plentiful Breeds (for lower points) [*] Gen10 targets may NOT be Plentiful Breeds (for higher difficulty) [*] Create a Flight Rep (or pair) through the challenge [*] Gen1 and Gen10 must have matching genes!! [/LIST] [b]THERE IS A SPREADSHEET FOR YOUR USE[/B] It is [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uzU9IN1khvFMEwwUncmO3vvyVI4kkMNNIXCYdBjILF4/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]! You'll have to save your own copy; it'll help you keep track!
So, I love the idea of the Legacy Challenge, and I also love Gen1 geneing projects, so last week while frustrated at work I came up with what I am calling Legacy Challenge: Mercenary Makeover Edition! I wanted to combine the two and see how I do with some of the Gen1s I hatched during Color Wheel Expansion Day. Here are the rules I will be following!

The purpose of this particular flavor is as follows:
  1. Complete a Legacy Challenge by breeding a respectable, triple-gened dragon in 10 generations; AND
  2. Using ONLY the funds from this challenge, re-geneing the original G1 progenitor of this legacy into a respectable, triple-gened dragon
  3. BONUS ROUND: Create a viable breeding pair between Gen1 and Gen10!

So how do we get funding? Especially for gem genes, which are quite costly? Well, I've based it off of @justjasper's original points system, with some twists. (Points system will be included at the bottom of this post)

YOUR BANK ACCOUNT WILL CONSIST OF:
  1. Existing Bank Funds (starts at 0)
  2. 10,000 x (generation) "Base Salary"
  3. 1,000 x (points that generation) "Bonus"
  4. Profit from exalt / sales of legacy-related dragons only "Commissions"

so wtheck does that mean sev Glad you asked! Here's an example:
Gen 1 and 2 wrote:
Gen1 starts with 10,000x(1) = 10,000 t Base Salary.

Let's say mate costs 7,000 ---> 3,000t remains in Bank.

Assume a 3-egg nest, all hatchlings are Plentiful. Your heir has 1 gene. Based on the scoring rules: Points = (1+3)x2 + 1 + 1 = 10 points. Therefore, your Bonus is 1,000x(10) = 10,000.

You then sell/exalt the other 2 hatchlings and make 3,000 each --> 6,000.

So your Bank for Gen2 is: 3,000 (remaining) + 20,000 (Base Salary) + 10,000 (Bonus) + 6,000 (Commissions) = 39,000 in the Bank.

Some can go to your Gen2 mate, and the rest is saved up for that Gen1 gene project!

RULES
  • Must start with a triple-Basic, unbred Gen1.
  • All mates must be the same flight as the original Gen1.
  • Your heir (the dragon moving on to the next generation of breeding) is the first hatchling from the nest (first in line when hatched).
    • If you want to make an exemption and use another hatchling, you must PAY a fee of 10,000x(generation). This money must be immediately taken from your Challenge Bank tally. (IE if you choose a different hatchling in Gen4, you must deduct 40,000t from your Bank.)
    • If working towards the Breeding Pair bonus round, you may choose the first hatchling of the appropriate gender from your final nest.
  • When calculating that generation's Points, only that generation's nest may be considered.
  • When calculating profit, you MAY use profit from previous generations (exalt a progen, hatching another nest for fodder) as long as all parent dragons are part of the Challenge. (IE, you cannot bring in a new mate and use those hatchlings for profit, but you CAN use an old mate for profit.) This is meant to force the decision of using extra lair space for more Challenge money & more costly genes!
  • You MAY age up and level your non-heir offspring before exalting! Other challenges don't allow it, but since this is a Mercenary challenge, it's allowed here -- gem genes are expensive, and this is a way of making them accessible.

VARIATIONS YOU CAN PLAY
  • Use only Plentiful Breeds (for lower points)
  • Gen10 targets may NOT be Plentiful Breeds (for higher difficulty)
  • Create a Flight Rep (or pair) through the challenge
  • Gen1 and Gen10 must have matching genes!!

THERE IS A SPREADSHEET FOR YOUR USE
It is here! You'll have to save your own copy; it'll help you keep track!
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary
| experimenting with XXY combinations galore |

|| i collect unusual triples!
|| lovely unusual combos
Points System:

HATCHLINGS
(1) for Plentiful Breed (Guardian, Tundra, Fae, Mirror)
(2) for Common Breed (Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Ridgeback, Spiral)
(3) for Uncommon Breed (Skydancer)
(4) for Limited Breed (Nocturne, Imperial)
(5) for Rare Breed (Wildclaw, Coatl)

HATCHIE GENES
(3) points for treasure genes
(5) points for gem genes

BONUS POINTS
+ 3 for a double (XYX, XXY, XYY)
+ 5 for a triple (XXX)
+ 5 if that round is a 5-egg nest

HEIR MULTIPLIER
(the above attributes for the first hatchling)x2
Points System:

HATCHLINGS
(1) for Plentiful Breed (Guardian, Tundra, Fae, Mirror)
(2) for Common Breed (Pearlcatcher, Snapper, Ridgeback, Spiral)
(3) for Uncommon Breed (Skydancer)
(4) for Limited Breed (Nocturne, Imperial)
(5) for Rare Breed (Wildclaw, Coatl)

HATCHIE GENES
(3) points for treasure genes
(5) points for gem genes

BONUS POINTS
+ 3 for a double (XYX, XXY, XYY)
+ 5 for a triple (XXX)
+ 5 if that round is a 5-egg nest

HEIR MULTIPLIER
(the above attributes for the first hatchling)x2
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
Sev ping list:

ElecSquirrel10 | lucarioland | kyaruthewriter | throwthebones |
Sev ping list:

ElecSquirrel10 | lucarioland | kyaruthewriter | throwthebones |
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
Save - idk
Save - idk
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
So we will be starting the challenge tomorrow with my progen Gen1, FirstNature: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24344547] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243446/24344547_350.png[/img] [/url] and his mate, Tis: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23987569] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239876/23987569_350.png[/img] [/url] Tis cost all 10K, so I am out of funds until I get a nest and some hatchlings!
So we will be starting the challenge tomorrow with my progen Gen1, FirstNature:

24344547_350.png

and his mate, Tis:

23987569_350.png

Tis cost all 10K, so I am out of funds until I get a nest and some hatchlings!
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
@sevdrag

Love this idea. That same flight rule for mates will be tricky!

So mates don't have to be G1s? Just have to be of the same flight?

...I'm going to go comb the AH now. XD Hopefully I can find a Lightning G1 within the budget!
@sevdrag

Love this idea. That same flight rule for mates will be tricky!

So mates don't have to be G1s? Just have to be of the same flight?

...I'm going to go comb the AH now. XD Hopefully I can find a Lightning G1 within the budget!
qZwEAEI.pngarbalestsmall_zpspn019etd.png
@Cosi Same flight, but any genes or breed you want! The trick is balancing the money :3 Good luck finding something!!
@Cosi Same flight, but any genes or breed you want! The trick is balancing the money :3 Good luck finding something!!
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
@sevdrag Thanks! Can I update you here on how I progress?
@sevdrag Thanks! Can I update you here on how I progress?
qZwEAEI.pngarbalestsmall_zpspn019etd.png
@Cosi I'd love that! Mine is just starting in a nest tomorrow, so I'd love company
@Cosi I'd love that! Mine is just starting in a nest tomorrow, so I'd love company
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary

|| lovely unusual combos
@sevdrag Okay, here we go. Since I have no eggs or Gen 1s of my own, I had to buy one. That puts me a little behind, since I have to wait for my pretties to age up. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24922371] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/249224/24922371_350.png[/img] [/url] Gen 1 - Laisha (Shadow) Maize/Berry/Navy 4500T [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24967606] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/249677/24967606_350.png[/img] [/url] Gen 1 Mate - Archmagus (Shadow) Antique/Maize/Blush Piebald/Paint/Underbelly 4500T Existing Bank Funds: 0 Base Funds: 10kT Costs: 9kT [b]Bank: 1kT[/b]
@sevdrag

Okay, here we go. Since I have no eggs or Gen 1s of my own, I had to buy one. That puts me a little behind, since I have to wait for my pretties to age up.

24922371_350.png

Gen 1 - Laisha (Shadow)
Maize/Berry/Navy
4500T

24967606_350.png

Gen 1 Mate - Archmagus (Shadow)
Antique/Maize/Blush
Piebald/Paint/Underbelly
4500T

Existing Bank Funds: 0
Base Funds: 10kT
Costs: 9kT