Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining days- RELOCATED
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46
@Quis

my dude, add me too that ping list please i am READY to write some LORE
@Quis

my dude, add me too that ping list please i am READY to write some LORE
endure and survive.
@Incalyscent
Gotcha on the list friend! I'M GLAD YOU'RE READY YEAH

And since I'll be typing up and posting the reminder ping-post soon (right before I go to bed), anyone else who asks to be added to the list after this will be added, but I probably won't post a reply to you directly or anything.
You're still welcome to sign on all the same!
@Incalyscent
Gotcha on the list friend! I'M GLAD YOU'RE READY YEAH

And since I'll be typing up and posting the reminder ping-post soon (right before I go to bed), anyone else who asks to be added to the list after this will be added, but I probably won't post a reply to you directly or anything.
You're still welcome to sign on all the same!

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
OK friends, this is the reminder ping that Friday June 24th is the first Lore Whining Day!

Let's stand together- or sit together, really- and use today to really get down to it and write some lore!

Some suggestions to set the tone for the day- these are suggestions, please don't feel like you Must Obey them or anything, ok?

*Set a reasonable goal for yourself, and post about it at the start of the day!
There's a lot of power in knowing what you hope to accomplish instead of just staring up at a massive avalanche of writing that needs to be done, and that power doubles when you put your goal in writing. Carve out a piece that's the right size for you and consider slapping it into a post sharing your aim for the day.
Any goal is perfectly good, even if it seems small. All progress is good progress here!

*Write to make yourself happy.
I know this might sound weird, but try not to care if anyone else will ever read or even look at your bios. Write what you want, to make yourself proud of your collection of dragons. Anything that comes after that is extra frosting on the cake!

*If you want to vent about how hard it is, then go right ahead!
These are named lore whining days, not lore-pretending-this-is-easy days, for a reason. If venting about how you're banging your head against the desk makes you feel better, go ahead and do it!

*Consider checking in again at the end of the day or on the 25th to share how you did.
Knowing that you're going to sum up your results once the day is over might help motivate you to actually Get The Thing Done instead of shrugging and quitting early.
If you reached your goal, that's awesome! If you didn't, that's OK too. Remember that this is a 100% shame free zone. Beating yourself up is not good for your creativity or your heart, so shake that shame garbage off and just get ready to try again next Whining Day!

That's it everyone! I can't wait to hang out with all of you tomorrow to see what we can do!

@Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @spacedaydreamer @NightBreeze @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Birdskull @Piscula @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @Midnightst0rm @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @vhenadahl @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent
OK friends, this is the reminder ping that Friday June 24th is the first Lore Whining Day!

Let's stand together- or sit together, really- and use today to really get down to it and write some lore!

Some suggestions to set the tone for the day- these are suggestions, please don't feel like you Must Obey them or anything, ok?

*Set a reasonable goal for yourself, and post about it at the start of the day!
There's a lot of power in knowing what you hope to accomplish instead of just staring up at a massive avalanche of writing that needs to be done, and that power doubles when you put your goal in writing. Carve out a piece that's the right size for you and consider slapping it into a post sharing your aim for the day.
Any goal is perfectly good, even if it seems small. All progress is good progress here!

*Write to make yourself happy.
I know this might sound weird, but try not to care if anyone else will ever read or even look at your bios. Write what you want, to make yourself proud of your collection of dragons. Anything that comes after that is extra frosting on the cake!

*If you want to vent about how hard it is, then go right ahead!
These are named lore whining days, not lore-pretending-this-is-easy days, for a reason. If venting about how you're banging your head against the desk makes you feel better, go ahead and do it!

*Consider checking in again at the end of the day or on the 25th to share how you did.
Knowing that you're going to sum up your results once the day is over might help motivate you to actually Get The Thing Done instead of shrugging and quitting early.
If you reached your goal, that's awesome! If you didn't, that's OK too. Remember that this is a 100% shame free zone. Beating yourself up is not good for your creativity or your heart, so shake that shame garbage off and just get ready to try again next Whining Day!

That's it everyone! I can't wait to hang out with all of you tomorrow to see what we can do!

@Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @spacedaydreamer @NightBreeze @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Birdskull @Piscula @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @Midnightst0rm @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @vhenadahl @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Quis heeey this seems like a cool idea (and my babies need l ore) can I be added to the pinglist? :3
@Quis heeey this seems like a cool idea (and my babies need l ore) can I be added to the pinglist? :3
evQCX9v.gifMmBygYl.gif 41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
@Quis oh man this kind of motivation is just what i need. *w* i'd like to be added to the pinglist as well, please!
@Quis oh man this kind of motivation is just what i need. *w* i'd like to be added to the pinglist as well, please!
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@Quis
May I please be added to the reminder pinglist? :3
@Quis
May I please be added to the reminder pinglist? :3
1u3H6jas.png
@Quis

Could I be added as well? :D
@Quis

Could I be added as well? :D
EDxejRx.png
My plan of attack for the first Lore Whining Day:

I'm starting off by making hand-written, bullet points of the information for each dragon. I will then add these points to the bios themselves as proof that I'm getting stuff done (proof for myself). Then, I will eventually write them out into paragraph and sentence form. After that, I will start working on making them more detailed and pretty, of course.

...This will take many Lore Whining Days and non-whining days, but I will get it done!

@KitKatJo, to keep track of course. |D
My plan of attack for the first Lore Whining Day:

I'm starting off by making hand-written, bullet points of the information for each dragon. I will then add these points to the bios themselves as proof that I'm getting stuff done (proof for myself). Then, I will eventually write them out into paragraph and sentence form. After that, I will start working on making them more detailed and pretty, of course.

...This will take many Lore Whining Days and non-whining days, but I will get it done!

@KitKatJo, to keep track of course. |D
k8WfPzK.png nfbFqx1.png qkA2LvD.png FR+3 | Ice Flight | G1s for Sale
Always accepting art for Axel.
For this lore-whining day:

figure out one of my dragon's oohh my god. i have no personality for her and it kills me. basically all I have is: she's this guy's brother, she keeps him in check..

annnd, that's it. hardly substantial enough >_<
For this lore-whining day:

figure out one of my dragon's oohh my god. i have no personality for her and it kills me. basically all I have is: she's this guy's brother, she keeps him in check..

annnd, that's it. hardly substantial enough >_<
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
@Quis

Yess more lore things, please add me to the pinglist? ^ ^
@Quis

Yess more lore things, please add me to the pinglist? ^ ^
hWsjkHE.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46