Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Minecraft] Shadefall
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 190 191
@Oranitha
Discord pestering rubbed off, quest succeeded

I think either a stats plugin or tree cutter plugin is good.
I also had some ideas for EDM? Just one, but what do you think about passive underlying buffs relating people to their flights? Such as shadow/light get faster regen in night/day respectively and the like. lightning can call down lightning once every few days and stuff like that.
@Oranitha
Discord pestering rubbed off, quest succeeded

I think either a stats plugin or tree cutter plugin is good.
I also had some ideas for EDM? Just one, but what do you think about passive underlying buffs relating people to their flights? Such as shadow/light get faster regen in night/day respectively and the like. lightning can call down lightning once every few days and stuff like that.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
@coolkid I'm really feeling a tree-cutter plugin, to be honest :D

It's a cool idea, but the issue is that it would inevitably punish some players for being loyal to their flight. For example, I'm in Nature--ostensibly, my power would involve rapidly growing plants in an area. Useful for starting out, but what if you (like me) play with a lot of automation? Then it's completely useless, whereas some other flight's power might not be. Or what if I'm a shadow player who hates combat? Water member who doesn't fish/lives on our server, where oceans aren't a thing? At the end of the day, it'd take a massive chunk of code to do, and I'm afraid the end result would involve punishing people for having a playstyle that aligns with the "aesthetic" of another flight.

Still, I do love the idea of giving people passive rewards for honoring their deity. Might be something to look into once I finish up more of the baseline code.
@coolkid I'm really feeling a tree-cutter plugin, to be honest :D

It's a cool idea, but the issue is that it would inevitably punish some players for being loyal to their flight. For example, I'm in Nature--ostensibly, my power would involve rapidly growing plants in an area. Useful for starting out, but what if you (like me) play with a lot of automation? Then it's completely useless, whereas some other flight's power might not be. Or what if I'm a shadow player who hates combat? Water member who doesn't fish/lives on our server, where oceans aren't a thing? At the end of the day, it'd take a massive chunk of code to do, and I'm afraid the end result would involve punishing people for having a playstyle that aligns with the "aesthetic" of another flight.

Still, I do love the idea of giving people passive rewards for honoring their deity. Might be something to look into once I finish up more of the baseline code.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha

Yeah, 's what I was thinkin. Perhaps basic rewards that are available to everyone but still slightly expensive? Or are you thinking along the lines of achievements, such as "Complete x quests, get choice of y, z"?

Any way, it's not entirely necessary, and may just slow down the server anyways. I wouldn't want you to push yourself. You've got an amazing thing goin' as is.
@Oranitha

Yeah, 's what I was thinkin. Perhaps basic rewards that are available to everyone but still slightly expensive? Or are you thinking along the lines of achievements, such as "Complete x quests, get choice of y, z"?

Any way, it's not entirely necessary, and may just slow down the server anyways. I wouldn't want you to push yourself. You've got an amazing thing goin' as is.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
@Oranitha

Eh, why not try it out? My IGN is EWSpirit, same as here :)
@Oranitha

Eh, why not try it out? My IGN is EWSpirit, same as here :)
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
@pensandink you okay there [img]http://i.imgur.com/8ESEItC.png[/img]
@pensandink

you okay there

8ESEItC.png
VvzrUJt.png
@Axanthic ew why am i so lame
@Axanthic ew why am i so lame
hpOdUl3.png
@Oranitha Hey I'm wondering if one of the islands I bought today(Well probably yesterday by the time you see this) you could put the protection up for another player? His name is JOH CENA!!! Thebexter on MC and VirusBite666 on FR and he's been asking for an island for a while now but you never seem to be home so hello from the outsiiiide. sorry I can't stop with these jokes on when he's on so he can't get his own island so I gave him one of the ones I bought since it has no protection. Could you put the protection up for him? Thanks :3 I marked which island with a sign.
@Oranitha Hey I'm wondering if one of the islands I bought today(Well probably yesterday by the time you see this) you could put the protection up for another player? His name is JOH CENA!!! Thebexter on MC and VirusBite666 on FR and he's been asking for an island for a while now but you never seem to be home so hello from the outsiiiide. sorry I can't stop with these jokes on when he's on so he can't get his own island so I gave him one of the ones I bought since it has no protection. Could you put the protection up for him? Thanks :3 I marked which island with a sign.
Rankings were comically broken RANKINGS ARE NOW PROBABLY FIXED

Use /edm rankings to see how your deity is doing! This is pretty much a direct clone of Dominance on the site. Still deciding on rewards...the most sitelike would probably be discounts on /edm requests, especially since that's how we handle "Lair Expansions" as it were, though I am open to other ideas as well.
Rankings were comically broken RANKINGS ARE NOW PROBABLY FIXED

Use /edm rankings to see how your deity is doing! This is pretty much a direct clone of Dominance on the site. Still deciding on rewards...the most sitelike would probably be discounts on /edm requests, especially since that's how we handle "Lair Expansions" as it were, though I am open to other ideas as well.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
IGN is Zoroark_star. Add me to the general ping list, please.
@Oranitha
IGN is Zoroark_star. Add me to the general ping list, please.
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
@Oranitha
Just letting you know I sent Zoroark_star an elytra.
@Oranitha
Just letting you know I sent Zoroark_star an elytra.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 190 191