Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Minecraft] Shadefall
1 2 ... 177 178 179 180 181 ... 190 191
@Oranitha
I, uh, really should have been on the server... but I started a singleplayer world and got a bit involved in that :/ I don't even remember what I was doing on the server tbh. My excuse is that I've been SUPER busy with schoolwork, and a singleplayer world is easier to pop in and out of than a server, but ehhhh, idk... I was enjoying trying to completely take over the island I claimed, but... maybe I just have issues with sticking with one world or another.
HOWEVER. Blightfall sounds pretty cool and if you do that I will definitely download it and hop on at least once or twice - probably in mid-to-late evening when I've finished my schoolwork for the night.

As for the vanilla server, I was just thinking about how I'm not happy with my island or how I interact with others on, well, servers in general. I isolate myself, and since I joined the not-beta server a bit late I didn't really get to connect with anyone. Again, I've been really busy and wouldn't probably get on very much, so I'm not sure how important the opinion is of someone who's hardly ever on, but some sort of wipe/reboot might be nice.
Awwh now I'm upset with myself, stop that. Play style is play style, nothing wrong with what I do...
@Oranitha
I, uh, really should have been on the server... but I started a singleplayer world and got a bit involved in that :/ I don't even remember what I was doing on the server tbh. My excuse is that I've been SUPER busy with schoolwork, and a singleplayer world is easier to pop in and out of than a server, but ehhhh, idk... I was enjoying trying to completely take over the island I claimed, but... maybe I just have issues with sticking with one world or another.
HOWEVER. Blightfall sounds pretty cool and if you do that I will definitely download it and hop on at least once or twice - probably in mid-to-late evening when I've finished my schoolwork for the night.

As for the vanilla server, I was just thinking about how I'm not happy with my island or how I interact with others on, well, servers in general. I isolate myself, and since I joined the not-beta server a bit late I didn't really get to connect with anyone. Again, I've been really busy and wouldn't probably get on very much, so I'm not sure how important the opinion is of someone who's hardly ever on, but some sort of wipe/reboot might be nice.
Awwh now I'm upset with myself, stop that. Play style is play style, nothing wrong with what I do...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Oranitha - awwwww, the modded server was going really well, we were actually getting kinda close to an energy condenser. :( But yeah, being the only person on it gets a little lonely. I'll have to take a look at Blightfall a bit later to see if it looks interesting, but if it does happen I should be able to get on it most sunday evenings?

I'd rather we not do a wipe on the vanilla server, mostly because of all the hard work I put into building some things. Maybe if on the theoretical wiped server there was a "museum" area waaaaaaay out of the way that contained builds from the pre-wipe server? Though that would involve a lot of time and work and the manual removal of everything not being "saved", so not sure that's on the table. I do like the idea of starting over, just not the loss of all my builds. I'm a tad sentimentally attached. XD
@Oranitha - awwwww, the modded server was going really well, we were actually getting kinda close to an energy condenser. :( But yeah, being the only person on it gets a little lonely. I'll have to take a look at Blightfall a bit later to see if it looks interesting, but if it does happen I should be able to get on it most sunday evenings?

I'd rather we not do a wipe on the vanilla server, mostly because of all the hard work I put into building some things. Maybe if on the theoretical wiped server there was a "museum" area waaaaaaay out of the way that contained builds from the pre-wipe server? Though that would involve a lot of time and work and the manual removal of everything not being "saved", so not sure that's on the table. I do like the idea of starting over, just not the loss of all my builds. I'm a tad sentimentally attached. XD
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
@Oranthia would people be able to keep their builds if they wanted to? Also I've been on the Vanilla server working on a project and put a lot of time and effort into building it I'm not going to say I wouldn't be willing to start over but have already put a ton of effort into it. I'd like to continue working on it. Also when would this wipe be?
@Oranthia would people be able to keep their builds if they wanted to? Also I've been on the Vanilla server working on a project and put a lot of time and effort into building it I'm not going to say I wouldn't be willing to start over but have already put a ton of effort into it. I'd like to continue working on it. Also when would this wipe be?
@Oranthia
My brother just found out he's not able to use Blightfall, since he doesn't have the 2gb RAM necessary. I'm not sure how many other people will have this same problem.
My question is, would you be willing to consider a different modpack, such as Hexxit? I understand completely if you're not.
@Oranthia
My brother just found out he's not able to use Blightfall, since he doesn't have the 2gb RAM necessary. I'm not sure how many other people will have this same problem.
My question is, would you be willing to consider a different modpack, such as Hexxit? I understand completely if you're not.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@SpookyClockwork Hexxit, unfortunately, seems to be a completely different type of modpack. But as for the 2gb ram thing: what are his computer's specs? Sub-2gb isn't really suitable for modern use, and you can get a brand-new 2gb stick (DDR3) for less than five bucks. He's probably got multiple slots, too. If you can get me a model, I can get you specifics.

Replacing RAM is literally "press a lever, pull out the old stick, pop in the new stick." First timers can do it in under a minute, easy--I've watched them! :)

If he (or anyone else reading this) is gaming with sub-2gb, he's probably going to see amazing improvements upping that, and that's not even considering modded Minecraft.

EDIT: I just checked, I'm using over 3GB just browsing the internet and running a few light scripts. Granted it's been awhile since I restarted the craptop, but HOW is he using under 2GB? The kernel alone eats half a gig!
@SpookyClockwork Hexxit, unfortunately, seems to be a completely different type of modpack. But as for the 2gb ram thing: what are his computer's specs? Sub-2gb isn't really suitable for modern use, and you can get a brand-new 2gb stick (DDR3) for less than five bucks. He's probably got multiple slots, too. If you can get me a model, I can get you specifics.

Replacing RAM is literally "press a lever, pull out the old stick, pop in the new stick." First timers can do it in under a minute, easy--I've watched them! :)

If he (or anyone else reading this) is gaming with sub-2gb, he's probably going to see amazing improvements upping that, and that's not even considering modded Minecraft.

EDIT: I just checked, I'm using over 3GB just browsing the internet and running a few light scripts. Granted it's been awhile since I restarted the craptop, but HOW is he using under 2GB? The kernel alone eats half a gig!
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha

I'd love to mess around with another modpack!

(Also, do we have plans for building dungeons n' stuff? If so, would you mind PMing me?)
@Oranitha

I'd love to mess around with another modpack!

(Also, do we have plans for building dungeons n' stuff? If so, would you mind PMing me?)
EST (FR +3) // INFP
@Oranitha
The computer's older for sure, haha. It's an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234. The model was originally released in 2012. We bought it new, so it's reasonable to assume that it's about five years old now.
When I look at the "About" stats, it says the computer has 10GB of installed RAM, with 9.77GB useable. Is the installed RAM different from the useable ram, or...?

The computer has served us very very well, functioning for web design, writing, even running Hexxit and modded Skyrim (around 30, 35 mods, albeit not super graphics-intensive ones). We also updated it from Windows 7 up to 10 - not sure if we had 8 in between then or not. Could having updated operating systems have altered anything?

Regardless, I'll check out those RAM sticks. They can only help. Do you know some good brands? I'd be looking on Amazon and maybe checking Best Buy.

EDIT: Here's official information on the h8-1234.
@Oranitha
The computer's older for sure, haha. It's an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234. The model was originally released in 2012. We bought it new, so it's reasonable to assume that it's about five years old now.
When I look at the "About" stats, it says the computer has 10GB of installed RAM, with 9.77GB useable. Is the installed RAM different from the useable ram, or...?

The computer has served us very very well, functioning for web design, writing, even running Hexxit and modded Skyrim (around 30, 35 mods, albeit not super graphics-intensive ones). We also updated it from Windows 7 up to 10 - not sure if we had 8 in between then or not. Could having updated operating systems have altered anything?

Regardless, I'll check out those RAM sticks. They can only help. Do you know some good brands? I'd be looking on Amazon and maybe checking Best Buy.

EDIT: Here's official information on the h8-1234.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@SpookyClockwork Usable is normally installed vs. firmware usage, so your BIOS/etc have claimed a little bit for themselves. ~9.8gb should be more than enough.

Yeah, it sounds like the system definitely has more than enough RAM! I was really confused by that one, honest, I haven't seen sub-2gb outside embedded and handheld for...awhile, and I work with some old stuff.

My guess is that you've got JVM args set that are limiting Java's available RAM while running Minecraft. What launcher are you using, and what's the exact error message?

Don't bother with the RAM sticks, ~9.8gb is what's available to you, and it's dual-socket so you won't be able to upgrade without an 8gb stick, which is a good bit pricier.
@SpookyClockwork Usable is normally installed vs. firmware usage, so your BIOS/etc have claimed a little bit for themselves. ~9.8gb should be more than enough.

Yeah, it sounds like the system definitely has more than enough RAM! I was really confused by that one, honest, I haven't seen sub-2gb outside embedded and handheld for...awhile, and I work with some old stuff.

My guess is that you've got JVM args set that are limiting Java's available RAM while running Minecraft. What launcher are you using, and what's the exact error message?

Don't bother with the RAM sticks, ~9.8gb is what's available to you, and it's dual-socket so you won't be able to upgrade without an 8gb stick, which is a good bit pricier.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
It's the Technic launcher. It says
"This modpack has special requirements which must be met before you can run it.
This modpack requires 2GB RAM. You are using 1GB.
[...]
You cannot run this modpack for the following reasons: This modpack's RAM requirement cannot be met without a 64-bit version of Java. We can't tell wether you're using a 32-bit OS or not. If your OS is 64-bit, you can fix this error by clicking here to update to the latest version of Java."
We may have downloaded a 32-bit version of Java instead of a 64-bit, but we're trying to figure that out now. If it's not that, any idea how we can allocate more RAM for Java to use?

EDIT: Yep! We downloaded 64-bit java and it works now. It's allowing us to use 2GB RAM. Anyone else who has this problem, see if you need to update your Java!
@Oranitha
It's the Technic launcher. It says
"This modpack has special requirements which must be met before you can run it.
This modpack requires 2GB RAM. You are using 1GB.
[...]
You cannot run this modpack for the following reasons: This modpack's RAM requirement cannot be met without a 64-bit version of Java. We can't tell wether you're using a 32-bit OS or not. If your OS is 64-bit, you can fix this error by clicking here to update to the latest version of Java."
We may have downloaded a 32-bit version of Java instead of a 64-bit, but we're trying to figure that out now. If it's not that, any idea how we can allocate more RAM for Java to use?

EDIT: Yep! We downloaded 64-bit java and it works now. It's allowing us to use 2GB RAM. Anyone else who has this problem, see if you need to update your Java!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@Oranitha

Going to attempt to visit Sky Rising! Hoping it'll work for me!

Edit: Doesn't seem to wanna work for me, must be because my Minecraft was originally PE before the better together update. 3: Oh well!
@Oranitha

Going to attempt to visit Sky Rising! Hoping it'll work for me!

Edit: Doesn't seem to wanna work for me, must be because my Minecraft was originally PE before the better together update. 3: Oh well!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

1 2 ... 177 178 179 180 181 ... 190 191