Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight language accent
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Inspired by this thread http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327203/1 I was thinking what if each Flight regions has their own accent when they speak? America also has their accent like the Texas, Boston, Californian, New York, etc. China and Thailand has different dialects depending on where you are. I believe Japan has different dialects too like the Oosaka and Tokyo, I'm not completely sure. You can correct me on that if I'm wrong. So I was thinking if each Flight region has their accent or a certain way of speaking, what would they be like. These are my ideas, but if you have better suggestions, I would love to hear it. Lightning: British (just because steampunk but with electricity reminds me of Britain for some reason) or New Yorker Light: Italian Fire: Spanish or Australian Wind: Chinese (Wind's design just looks really chinese to me) if not, then Japanese. Maybe even Korean. Shadow: Irish or Scottish Earth: Middle Eastern (not sure if there're different accent, language, or dialects within these countries, but I've heard middle eastern folks talk many times to get an good idea what it sounds like) Water: Greek Nature: Portugese or Brazilian, Norse (suggested by Mutation) Plague: German Ice: Russian (because when I think of snowy country, I think of Russia) Arcane: French (I don't know why but I just thought how amusing it would be if the Arcanist can speak French) So depending on where a dragon grew up, they would have the accent of that location. It has nothing to do with what element you are, but more on where you live. So imagine if you have dragons with different accents having a conversation or arguing in your lair, how interesting would it be to listen to them. I especially like many European accents and Indian accent. Some splendid ideas from other users: [quote name="KitalphaHart" date=2015-11-15 01:38:17] Not to mention there's four sections in each region, each one can be a different language Zeyphr Steppes Chinese, Reedcleft Ascent Korean, Twisting Crescendo Japanese and Cloudsong a hybrid [/quote] Splendid idea from [b]KitalphaHart[/b]. It would be interesting if each 4 locations in each regions has their own accent or dialect, then imagine all the possibilities! [quote name="amuseandconfuse" date=2015-11-15 19:42:50] Ooo, interesting concept! They might all have their own slang, too? Like, some things are universal, but there might be colloquial terms for stuff that you hear in one region but not another? Or maybe adages. There could be a lot of ocean related cliche phrases you hear in the water region and areas around it, but not in other flight territories. [/quote] Another good idea from [b]amuseandconfuse[/b]. Slangs are considered a style of talking so this is also a fun idea to consider. Here're other people's idea. So what do you think? [quote name="Violette" date=2015-11-15 02:40:48] Lightning: American (because the canyons and the weather remind me of the grand canyon and tornado alley) Light: Greek (mostly because of ancient Greece) Fire: Icelandic...which I know seems weird but Iceland has volcanos and didn't Fire sort of cause the Southern Icefield? Wind: Japanese. I would have said Chinese but I imagine Windies speaking in a non-tonal east Asian accent. Shadow: German or Slavic as the Tangled Wood reminds me of the black forest and other vast forests in eastern Europe. Earth: Nigerian. I think of Earth as Africa because of the climate and because humans originated in Africa like dragons originated from Dragonhome. Nigerian is just my fav African accent. Water: This one I've had really trouble with! But I think I'm going to go with Indian because of the Indian ocean and the important rivers. Nature: I'm drawn towards Norweigian but then I always view nature as having a warmer climate and even being subtropical :/ Plague: Poor Germany! Nowhere wants to be Plague! That being said...I've always thought of Australia because the outback is quite scary and full of poisonous things! Ice: Russian (because cold + I love Russian accents) Arcane: Arabic because of their history of astronomy and probably because the first three letters are the same ^^; [/quote] [quote name="Aspyria" date=2016-01-02 09:25:44] I was thinking that each flight would have an accent that kind of reflects their element, Maybe Wind would be kind of hollow and melodious, Water would have this faint lilt like the waves or tides, Earth would have a voice that's deep and rumbling, and maybe Light would have this really clear, pure voice (kind of like truth). To continue.... Nature would have this kind of underlying buzz or rustle when they spoke, kind of like the bugs or leaves, Shadow would be similar to Light, having a really pure voice, but one that sounds a little bit menacing (tricksters), Lightning would be hoarse and probably kind of loud from yelling all the time over the gears of the shifting expanse, and each dragon would probably have a tendency to speak around a certain, unique pitch because they find that's the easiest to hear over the noise, and Plague would be all hoarse and scratchy from years of combating the strains of disease, plus the harsh environment in their area. To continue a bit more.... Ice would always sound really clear, and their enunciation could be a little overdone at times, much like the way ice can be cut so cleanly, and they can be heard over long distances if needed thanks to yelling over blizzards, Fire's would be scratchy from smoke inhalation, and every fire dragon speaks with a tinge of coatl accent from being around doing them so much (and also speaks fluent coatl), and Arcane would probably speak quite monotonously thanks to the faes, but the monotone has its little lilts that vaguely resemble the magical frequencies in Arcane territory. [/quote]
Inspired by this thread http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327203/1

I was thinking what if each Flight regions has their own accent when they speak? America also has their accent like the Texas, Boston, Californian, New York, etc. China and Thailand has different dialects depending on where you are. I believe Japan has different dialects too like the Oosaka and Tokyo, I'm not completely sure. You can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

So I was thinking if each Flight region has their accent or a certain way of speaking, what would they be like. These are my ideas, but if you have better suggestions, I would love to hear it.

Lightning: British (just because steampunk but with electricity reminds me of Britain for some reason) or New Yorker

Light: Italian

Fire: Spanish or Australian

Wind: Chinese (Wind's design just looks really chinese to me) if not, then Japanese. Maybe even Korean.

Shadow: Irish or Scottish

Earth: Middle Eastern (not sure if there're different accent, language, or dialects within these countries, but I've heard middle eastern folks talk many times to get an good idea what it sounds like)

Water: Greek

Nature: Portugese or Brazilian, Norse (suggested by Mutation)

Plague: German

Ice: Russian (because when I think of snowy country, I think of Russia)

Arcane: French (I don't know why but I just thought how amusing it would be if the Arcanist can speak French)

So depending on where a dragon grew up, they would have the accent of that location. It has nothing to do with what element you are, but more on where you live. So imagine if you have dragons with different accents having a conversation or arguing in your lair, how interesting would it be to listen to them. I especially like many European accents and Indian accent.

Some splendid ideas from other users:
KitalphaHart wrote on 2015-11-15:
Not to mention there's four sections in each region, each one can be a different language
Zeyphr Steppes Chinese, Reedcleft Ascent Korean, Twisting Crescendo Japanese and Cloudsong a hybrid
Splendid idea from KitalphaHart. It would be interesting if each 4 locations in each regions has their own accent or dialect, then imagine all the possibilities!
amuseandconfuse wrote on 2015-11-15:
Ooo, interesting concept! They might all have their own slang, too? Like, some things are universal, but there might be colloquial terms for stuff that you hear in one region but not another? Or maybe adages. There could be a lot of ocean related cliche phrases you hear in the water region and areas around it, but not in other flight territories.
Another good idea from amuseandconfuse. Slangs are considered a style of talking so this is also a fun idea to consider.

Here're other people's idea. So what do you think?
Violette wrote on 2015-11-15:
Lightning: American (because the canyons and the weather remind me of the grand canyon and tornado alley)

Light: Greek (mostly because of ancient Greece)

Fire: Icelandic...which I know seems weird but Iceland has volcanos and didn't Fire sort of cause the Southern Icefield?

Wind: Japanese. I would have said Chinese but I imagine Windies speaking in a non-tonal east Asian accent.

Shadow: German or Slavic as the Tangled Wood reminds me of the black forest and other vast forests in eastern Europe.

Earth: Nigerian. I think of Earth as Africa because of the climate and because humans originated in Africa like dragons originated from Dragonhome. Nigerian is just my fav African accent.

Water: This one I've had really trouble with! But I think I'm going to go with Indian because of the Indian ocean and the important rivers.

Nature: I'm drawn towards Norweigian but then I always view nature as having a warmer climate and even being subtropical :/

Plague: Poor Germany! Nowhere wants to be Plague! That being said...I've always thought of Australia because the outback is quite scary and full of poisonous things!

Ice: Russian (because cold + I love Russian accents)

Arcane: Arabic because of their history of astronomy and probably because the first three letters are the same ^^;
Aspyria wrote on 2016-01-02:
I was thinking that each flight would have an accent that kind of reflects their element,

Maybe Wind would be kind of hollow and melodious, Water would have this faint lilt like the waves or tides, Earth would have a voice that's deep and rumbling, and maybe Light would have this really clear, pure voice (kind of like truth).

To continue....

Nature would have this kind of underlying buzz or rustle when they spoke, kind of like the bugs or leaves, Shadow would be similar to Light, having a really pure voice, but one that sounds a little bit menacing (tricksters), Lightning would be hoarse and probably kind of loud from yelling all the time over the gears of the shifting expanse, and each dragon would probably have a tendency to speak around a certain, unique pitch because they find that's the easiest to hear over the noise, and Plague would be all hoarse and scratchy from years of combating the strains of disease, plus the harsh environment in their area.

To continue a bit more....

Ice would always sound really clear, and their enunciation could be a little overdone at times, much like the way ice can be cut so cleanly, and they can be heard over long distances if needed thanks to yelling over blizzards, Fire's would be scratchy from smoke inhalation, and every fire dragon speaks with a tinge of coatl accent from being around doing them so much (and also speaks fluent coatl), and Arcane would probably speak quite monotonously thanks to the faes, but the monotone has its little lilts that vaguely resemble the magical frequencies in Arcane territory.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
(casually moves to shadow so I can be surrounded by Scottish dragons)

But no this is a really neat concept and I think most of them are really fitting!
(casually moves to shadow so I can be surrounded by Scottish dragons)

But no this is a really neat concept and I think most of them are really fitting!
Poor Water.
https://youtu.be/78HfjQu1m-4
Poor Water.
https://youtu.be/78HfjQu1m-4
iK0jgh4.png
@Scorpius
Hey, I've been thinking about this too!

Although, mostly about the Arcane flight. Strangely enough, I also thought Arcane would be french. But then, I also thought that since this is Sornieth, not Earth, it would make more sense to have their own accents, rather than Earth accents.

I always imagined the Arcanist's voice to be gentle, somewhat quiet, but slightly deeper than you would think. It's hard to explain... I can hear it in my head, but I'm not sure if I can show you guys an example of what I mean... anyways, I kinda imagine all Arcane dragons kinda sound like that too. Plus, faes are native to the Arcane flight, and they are said to speak with a monotone accent. So perhaps, it would make sense that other dragons in the arcane region have a somewhat monotone voice as well- not as much as the faes, but enough to where it would be noticeable.
@Scorpius
Hey, I've been thinking about this too!

Although, mostly about the Arcane flight. Strangely enough, I also thought Arcane would be french. But then, I also thought that since this is Sornieth, not Earth, it would make more sense to have their own accents, rather than Earth accents.

I always imagined the Arcanist's voice to be gentle, somewhat quiet, but slightly deeper than you would think. It's hard to explain... I can hear it in my head, but I'm not sure if I can show you guys an example of what I mean... anyways, I kinda imagine all Arcane dragons kinda sound like that too. Plus, faes are native to the Arcane flight, and they are said to speak with a monotone accent. So perhaps, it would make sense that other dragons in the arcane region have a somewhat monotone voice as well- not as much as the faes, but enough to where it would be noticeable.
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
I imagine Nature as something more Norse than tropical, then again I love the idea of vikingmom.
I imagine Nature as something more Norse than tropical, then again I love the idea of vikingmom.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@chespin
Glad you like this idea :)

@Meese
What is this language?! It's sounds so unusual yet strangely captivating.

@Werelynx
Well, this is just an idea what their accent would sound like, but not much on the language.

When you mentioned how Faes are native to Arcane, I start to imagine a monotone french and I'm like "Oh… this is different… I like."

@Mutation
Beardmom and Vikingmom… sounds good to me.
@chespin
Glad you like this idea :)

@Meese
What is this language?! It's sounds so unusual yet strangely captivating.

@Werelynx
Well, this is just an idea what their accent would sound like, but not much on the language.

When you mentioned how Faes are native to Arcane, I start to imagine a monotone french and I'm like "Oh… this is different… I like."

@Mutation
Beardmom and Vikingmom… sounds good to me.
Clearly Water dragons would sound more like this-

dory-speaks-whale_zpsao3gxmvz.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9ePR_3lZQ

But seriously, I think I agree with @Werelynx in that Sornieth dialects and accents would be different from Earth accents. And now I'm kind of imagining heavy Wind speech to be intwined with mellow whistles and soft hisses while maybe Fire dragon speech is punctuated by popping clicks and crackling growls.
Clearly Water dragons would sound more like this-

dory-speaks-whale_zpsao3gxmvz.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9ePR_3lZQ

But seriously, I think I agree with @Werelynx in that Sornieth dialects and accents would be different from Earth accents. And now I'm kind of imagining heavy Wind speech to be intwined with mellow whistles and soft hisses while maybe Fire dragon speech is punctuated by popping clicks and crackling growls.
@RnBlack
*snort* forgot the whale accent XD I agree, talking underwater for so long might caused speeches to be …. quite different.
@RnBlack
*snort* forgot the whale accent XD I agree, talking underwater for so long might caused speeches to be …. quite different.
Wind could be both Chinese and Japanese o3oo

Edit: now be New York accent, where we talking? Cuz NYC accent is different from Buffalo NY accent
Wind could be both Chinese and Japanese o3oo

Edit: now be New York accent, where we talking? Cuz NYC accent is different from Buffalo NY accent
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
@Scorpius

Kinda makes me wonder what speech habits they would carry on land from their underwater communication, the two are possibly quite different! Ahhh, you've prodded one of my weaknesses, now I'm going to be pondering on dragon accents for the next few hours!

Not that I'm complaining. ;)
@Scorpius

Kinda makes me wonder what speech habits they would carry on land from their underwater communication, the two are possibly quite different! Ahhh, you've prodded one of my weaknesses, now I'm going to be pondering on dragon accents for the next few hours!

Not that I'm complaining. ;)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7