Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spaceflight Rising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56
@Llealynarisia This is so cool! I would totally want to RP this. And draw it. You know how great this would look as a manga?

Regarding dragon sizes, I was thinking that Imps would still be the biggest and Faes would still be the smallest, but all the breeds would be sized down or up so that the crew could fit on the ship easier. Although tiny Fae fighter pods sound so adorable!

How about weaponry? With war comes battles, so how will they be played out? I could see Lightning using electromagnetic pulses while Plague sends a variety of volatile lifeforms to infect and destroy other ships. Shadow would be stealthy enough to board a ship, sabotage it, and leave without being noticed. Maybe Nature fires acid(like Envenom) to corrode and damage ship hulls.

Total space nerd here :)
@Llealynarisia This is so cool! I would totally want to RP this. And draw it. You know how great this would look as a manga?

Regarding dragon sizes, I was thinking that Imps would still be the biggest and Faes would still be the smallest, but all the breeds would be sized down or up so that the crew could fit on the ship easier. Although tiny Fae fighter pods sound so adorable!

How about weaponry? With war comes battles, so how will they be played out? I could see Lightning using electromagnetic pulses while Plague sends a variety of volatile lifeforms to infect and destroy other ships. Shadow would be stealthy enough to board a ship, sabotage it, and leave without being noticed. Maybe Nature fires acid(like Envenom) to corrode and damage ship hulls.

Total space nerd here :)
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
Holy flamemama, yes please. I wish I was more articulate right now (I'm about to go to sleep) but for now let me just post and say DO WANT.
Holy flamemama, yes please. I wish I was more articulate right now (I'm about to go to sleep) but for now let me just post and say DO WANT.
_back_day.png
This is the most bad*ss FR AU thing ever. And it ties in surprisingly well with a random headworld/AU I made for my clan when I was bored!

Gosh, I want to art some of the flight ships now.
This is the most bad*ss FR AU thing ever. And it ties in surprisingly well with a random headworld/AU I made for my clan when I was bored!

Gosh, I want to art some of the flight ships now.
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
@dreamtime Ooh, those are all great ideas! I linked your post in my first one so others can see it more easily. :>

@VigilanteSnail I, admittedly, have yet to read Ender's Game, but this sounds like a feasible idea! The way I had the Coliseum worked out was that it, combined with the gathering turns, was represented by clans sending teams of dragons to nearby planets to harvest the resources (since you're essentially Hunting/Fishing/Catching/Foraging the monsters, if the loot you get from them is any indication). Perhaps these battle schools could have two kinds of classes; regular classes where they are taught strategies and practice them in a controlled environment, and then "field trips" where they go to planets and learn how to implement the tactics they learned in various environments.

@DarkDragonfly Scaling the breeds so they're closer together in range is honestly something I hadn't thought of, but considering this is an AU, I don't see why not. Genetic engineering, woo!

And ooh, yeah, I can definitely see all those as well. I can also see cyber warfare being a big thing, especially between the God AIs and their Exalted programs.
@dreamtime Ooh, those are all great ideas! I linked your post in my first one so others can see it more easily. :>

@VigilanteSnail I, admittedly, have yet to read Ender's Game, but this sounds like a feasible idea! The way I had the Coliseum worked out was that it, combined with the gathering turns, was represented by clans sending teams of dragons to nearby planets to harvest the resources (since you're essentially Hunting/Fishing/Catching/Foraging the monsters, if the loot you get from them is any indication). Perhaps these battle schools could have two kinds of classes; regular classes where they are taught strategies and practice them in a controlled environment, and then "field trips" where they go to planets and learn how to implement the tactics they learned in various environments.

@DarkDragonfly Scaling the breeds so they're closer together in range is honestly something I hadn't thought of, but considering this is an AU, I don't see why not. Genetic engineering, woo!

And ooh, yeah, I can definitely see all those as well. I can also see cyber warfare being a big thing, especially between the God AIs and their Exalted programs.
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
....I want this to be a roleplay so badly. Or at least a story I can read. Great Windsinger YES.
....I want this to be a roleplay so badly. Or at least a story I can read. Great Windsinger YES.
She/her -- +1 FR time --

On hiatus
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
She/her -- +1 FR time --

On hiatus
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
@Llealynarisia
FREAKING. AWESOME. You are a genius. This would make an amazing roleplay, and it is an incredible idea.
@Llealynarisia
FREAKING. AWESOME. You are a genius. This would make an amazing roleplay, and it is an incredible idea.
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
I could totally envision this idea. xD

As for battles, I think water would be excellent at cloaking abilities and evasion, disguising their actual activities behind an ever-flowing space-bubble that surrounds their ships. Not invisible/swift/ninja-like, like shadow might be, but... deflecting. Amorphous. Impossible to pin down. As soon as you see them they have shifted color/shape/location and you have to relocate and refocus, that sort of thing.

Defensively, it's hard to aim at what you can't see clearly. Besides, where would you aim? At the middle of the blob? At one end or the other? xD You wouldn't be able to tell where would actually do some damage.

And offensively, water would just envelop their enemies into that bubble and they would never be seen again. What is inside the bubble? It is a mystery. Very few non-water dragons ever enter the bubble willingly and even fewer return. And those that do... well they're not talking. They don't want to get on water's bad side.

Mwahahahaaaa

Inside though, water flight would be the most tight-knit, yet independent group of ships that space has ever seen. It would not be uncommon to encounter individual ships, clans, or small clusters exploring just about anything anywhere, following their own path in whatever way they deem fit. And yet these small groups are not vulnerable, for at the first sign of distress, any nearby water clans would immediately come to their aid and defense.

*edit* @Llealynarisia

As for battles, I think water would be excellent at cloaking abilities and evasion, disguising their actual activities behind an ever-flowing space-bubble that surrounds their ships. Not invisible/swift/ninja-like, like shadow might be, but... deflecting. Amorphous. Impossible to pin down. As soon as you see them they have shifted color/shape/location and you have to relocate and refocus, that sort of thing.

Defensively, it's hard to aim at what you can't see clearly. Besides, where would you aim? At the middle of the blob? At one end or the other? xD You wouldn't be able to tell where would actually do some damage.

And offensively, water would just envelop their enemies into that bubble and they would never be seen again. What is inside the bubble? It is a mystery. Very few non-water dragons ever enter the bubble willingly and even fewer return. And those that do... well they're not talking. They don't want to get on water's bad side.

Mwahahahaaaa

Inside though, water flight would be the most tight-knit, yet independent group of ships that space has ever seen. It would not be uncommon to encounter individual ships, clans, or small clusters exploring just about anything anywhere, following their own path in whatever way they deem fit. And yet these small groups are not vulnerable, for at the first sign of distress, any nearby water clans would immediately come to their aid and defense.

*edit* @Llealynarisia
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
[quote name="BlueTrillium" date=2015-10-20 19:37:28] I could totally envision this idea. xD As for battles, I think water would be excellent at cloaking abilities and evasion, disguising their actual activities behind an ever-flowing space-bubble that surrounds their ships. Not invisible/swift/ninja-like, like shadow might be, but... deflecting. Amorphous. Impossible to pin down. As soon as you see them they have shifted color/shape/location and you have to relocate and refocus, that sort of thing. Defensively, it's hard to aim at what you can't see clearly. Besides, where would you aim? At the middle of the blob? At one end or the other? xD You wouldn't be able to tell where would actually do some damage. And offensively, water would just envelop their enemies into that bubble and they would never be seen again. What is inside the bubble? It is a mystery. Very few non-water dragons ever enter the bubble willingly and even fewer return. And those that do... well they're not talking. They don't want to get on water's bad side. Mwahahahaaaa Inside though, water flight would be the most tight-knit, yet independent group of ships that space has ever seen. It would not be uncommon to encounter individual ships, clans, or small clusters exploring just about anything anywhere, following their own path in whatever way they deem fit. And yet these small groups are not vulnerable, for at the first sign of distress, any nearby water clans would immediately come to their aid and defense. *edit* @Llealynarisia [/quote] I second this so much. Also, Water would have the best radar and detection systems, not to mention some of the best strategists and tacticians. With Water's ability to anticipate and respond to enemy movements from light-years away, opponents often find their own moves easily repelled and countered, as if Water knew their every move even before they did.
BlueTrillium wrote on 2015-10-20:

Mwahahahaaaa

*edit* @Llealynarisia
I second this so much. Also, Water would have the best radar and detection systems, not to mention some of the best strategists and tacticians. With Water's ability to anticipate and respond to enemy movements from light-years away, opponents often find their own moves easily repelled and countered, as if Water knew their every move even before they did.
Na5WGHa.png
[quote name="tigressRising" date=2015-10-20 19:47:34] [quote name="BlueTrillium" date=2015-10-20 19:37:28] I could totally envision this idea. xD As for battles, I think water would be excellent at cloaking abilities and evasion, disguising their actual activities behind an ever-flowing space-bubble that surrounds their ships. Not invisible/swift/ninja-like, like shadow might be, but... deflecting. Amorphous. Impossible to pin down. As soon as you see them they have shifted color/shape/location and you have to relocate and refocus, that sort of thing. Defensively, it's hard to aim at what you can't see clearly. Besides, where would you aim? At the middle of the blob? At one end or the other? xD You wouldn't be able to tell where would actually do some damage. And offensively, water would just envelop their enemies into that bubble and they would never be seen again. What is inside the bubble? It is a mystery. Very few non-water dragons ever enter the bubble willingly and even fewer return. And those that do... well they're not talking. They don't want to get on water's bad side. Mwahahahaaaa Inside though, water flight would be the most tight-knit, yet independent group of ships that space has ever seen. It would not be uncommon to encounter individual ships, clans, or small clusters exploring just about anything anywhere, following their own path in whatever way they deem fit. And yet these small groups are not vulnerable, for at the first sign of distress, any nearby water clans would immediately come to their aid and defense. *edit* @ Llealynarisia [/quote] I second this so much. Also, Water would have the best radar and detection systems, not to mention some of the best strategists and tacticians. With Water's ability to anticipate and respond to enemy movements from light-years away, opponents often find their own moves easily repelled and countered, as if Water knew their every move even before they did. [/quote] @TigressRising - Excellent, yes! And that also explains how clans in trouble always have support nearby - other clans would already be on the way to assist almost before the threat was even fully detected. xD
tigressRising wrote on 2015-10-20:
BlueTrillium wrote on 2015-10-20:

Mwahahahaaaa

*edit* @ Llealynarisia
I second this so much. Also, Water would have the best radar and detection systems, not to mention some of the best strategists and tacticians. With Water's ability to anticipate and respond to enemy movements from light-years away, opponents often find their own moves easily repelled and countered, as if Water knew their every move even before they did.
@TigressRising - Excellent, yes! And that also explains how clans in trouble always have support nearby - other clans would already be on the way to assist almost before the threat was even fully detected. xD
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56