Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Subspecies Wikia! Update page 5
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][size=7][url=http://frsubspecies.wikia.com/wiki/FR_subspecies_Wikia]The wiki is up and running! You can edit your own subspecies in if you'd like.[/url][/size][/center] In the light forums a few people had an idea for a subspecies wikia, I really hoped they would do something with it but sadly, they didn't. I decided to check what you guys think of this. I really want to make this a reality. [b]Please note: I'm not home now and I only have access to FR on mobile and not the whole day. If this becomes a thing it'll have to wait until 27/8/15 at least. I'm sorry if I can't respond to your question or suggestion. When I'm back home, my school starts in less than a week so I really don't have much time. And please don't mind my English, I'm 13 years old and English isn't my main language.[/b] Now, for what I have in mind. A subspecies wikia! This should be a website where everyone can share their subspecies and others can read about them. For me it's always a hassle to find them, and I really love reading about them. I don't know how you feel about learning wiki code, I have some experience with it and I know how to make tables and such, so that's one thing you don't have to worry about. Right now I have zero idea about how the layout's going to look like, I'm kinda leaning towards fr like colors. But anything is possible right now, at least if it isn't an eyesore. The info and such: I'm planning to make a table which holds some of the information, like which elements are allowed and maybe colors if there are very few colors allowed. If there are many colors allowed however, you may delete any parts of the table or leave it out entirely. You can copy and paste this table from the homepage, so don't worry about that. I don't really know what info I can put in the table apart from the element, colors, breeds, genes and such, suggestions are really appreciated! I think there must be lists of the subspecies as well, sorted by element maybe? Or also a list alphabetically, may be a bit too much work. [s]but hey, that's why we have the lightning flight[/s] A list of breeders on the subspecies' page would be really nice, maybe another table for that including the FR username, the user ID, and a link to the dragons and/or hatchery? I'm really open for suggestions right now, don't be afraid to give them! Problem is with all of it, I can't do this alone. I can try it for the first few weeks when school is just starting and when the wiki is small but later on it will be a bit of a hassle. Not accepting helpers right now! I'm sorry! But if you have a question or suggestion feel free to post it! [b]Some suggestions:[/b] [quote name="Science" date=2015-08-19 11:51:29] I don't have an interest in subspecies beyond nabbing the ones that look pretty, but if a general hatchery wiki existed wherein everyone could create and edit their own pages (and they were searchable in an organized manner), I think it'd be very handy and subspecies would fit right in, I think! Like, you have individual pages searchable by certain tags, but then have separate subspecies pages with a description of the subspecies and then a link to hatcheries that actively breed them? Also I'm not sure how big the subspecies thing is but combining a subspecies wiki with hatcheries would make for more traffic for both, I think. [/quote] Pinging the ones who came up with this idea: [s]ooh no, I can't find them anymore! >_> I'll edit when I will.[/s] Hey! I found them ^^ Pinging them right now: @Daenaryen @Astriferious @Leun [quote=Pinglist] @BeingOfNature @Droiline @Sillette @Science @Tsuriruto @TunelessMemory @alanapants @Wesleydog @Crescental @Lutielle @Mutation @Dorumon210 @xMoonDragonx @Ishanna @Geliril @Astriferious [/quote]

In the light forums a few people had an idea for a subspecies wikia, I really hoped they would do something with it but sadly, they didn't. I decided to check what you guys think of this. I really want to make this a reality.

Please note: I'm not home now and I only have access to FR on mobile and not the whole day. If this becomes a thing it'll have to wait until 27/8/15 at least. I'm sorry if I can't respond to your question or suggestion. When I'm back home, my school starts in less than a week so I really don't have much time. And please don't mind my English, I'm 13 years old and English isn't my main language.

Now, for what I have in mind. A subspecies wikia! This should be a website where everyone can share their subspecies and others can read about them. For me it's always a hassle to find them, and I really love reading about them. I don't know how you feel about learning wiki code, I have some experience with it and I know how to make tables and such, so that's one thing you don't have to worry about.

Right now I have zero idea about how the layout's going to look like, I'm kinda leaning towards fr like colors. But anything is possible right now, at least if it isn't an eyesore.

The info and such: I'm planning to make a table which holds some of the information, like which elements are allowed and maybe colors if there are very few colors allowed. If there are many colors allowed however, you may delete any parts of the table or leave it out entirely. You can copy and paste this table from the homepage, so don't worry about that. I don't really know what info I can put in the table apart from the element, colors, breeds, genes and such, suggestions are really appreciated!

I think there must be lists of the subspecies as well, sorted by element maybe? Or also a list alphabetically, may be a bit too much work. but hey, that's why we have the lightning flight
A list of breeders on the subspecies' page would be really nice, maybe another table for that including the FR username, the user ID, and a link to the dragons and/or hatchery? I'm really open for suggestions right now, don't be afraid to give them!

Problem is with all of it, I can't do this alone. I can try it for the first few weeks when school is just starting and when the wiki is small but later on it will be a bit of a hassle. Not accepting helpers right now! I'm sorry! But if you have a question or suggestion feel free to post it!

Some suggestions:
Science wrote on 2015-08-19:
I don't have an interest in subspecies beyond nabbing the ones that look pretty, but if a general hatchery wiki existed wherein everyone could create and edit their own pages (and they were searchable in an organized manner), I think it'd be very handy and subspecies would fit right in, I think! Like, you have individual pages searchable by certain tags, but then have separate subspecies pages with a description of the subspecies and then a link to hatcheries that actively breed them?

Also I'm not sure how big the subspecies thing is but combining a subspecies wiki with hatcheries would make for more traffic for both, I think.

Pinging the ones who came up with this idea: ooh no, I can't find them anymore! >_> I'll edit when I will. Hey! I found them ^^ Pinging them right now: @Daenaryen @Astriferious @Leun
YjWoQ61.pngdyJlfAc.pngsWzvwVV.png
Just a casual claim.
Just a casual claim.
Bump..?
Bump..?
@UserOfShadows mans the Shadow sub-species thread!

@Snowkitty16 totally give me a ping for this! It would definitely be beneficial to others who want to see sub-species, as well as new users in the future!

I can help with writing, but not with coding unless it's BBCode then I'm ok with it?
@UserOfShadows mans the Shadow sub-species thread!

@Snowkitty16 totally give me a ping for this! It would definitely be beneficial to others who want to see sub-species, as well as new users in the future!

I can help with writing, but not with coding unless it's BBCode then I'm ok with it?
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@BeingOfNature
I'll add you in a sec! I'm afraid the coding looks a lot more like html than bbcode, wikia has a visual mode for people who don't know the code however! I like to use source mode more often, as I have more control then. I think you can use visual mode then c:
@BeingOfNature
I'll add you in a sec! I'm afraid the coding looks a lot more like html than bbcode, wikia has a visual mode for people who don't know the code however! I like to use source mode more often, as I have more control then. I think you can use visual mode then c:
@Snowkitty16

I feel like this would be a really fun idea! However, I'd unfortunately be of no help actually coding things. But I can give you any/all Shadow Subspecies currently on our list!

@BeingOfNature thanks for the ping!
@Snowkitty16

I feel like this would be a really fun idea! However, I'd unfortunately be of no help actually coding things. But I can give you any/all Shadow Subspecies currently on our list!

@BeingOfNature thanks for the ping!
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@Snowkitty16 I would love this to happen! Can I be on the pinglist?
@Snowkitty16 I would love this to happen! Can I be on the pinglist?
I80GO9S.png
@UserOfShadowa
Maybe visual mode is more suiting for you then.

@Droiline
Added!
@UserOfShadowa
Maybe visual mode is more suiting for you then.

@Droiline
Added!
I don't have an interest in subspecies beyond nabbing the ones that look pretty, but if a general hatchery wiki existed wherein everyone could create and edit their own pages (and they were searchable in an organized manner), I think it'd be very handy and subspecies would fit right in, I think! Like, you have individual pages searchable by certain tags, but then have separate subspecies pages with a description of the subspecies and then a link to hatcheries that actively breed them?

Also I'm not sure how big the subspecies thing is but combining a subspecies wiki with hatcheries would make for more traffic for both, I think.

b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
@Snowkitty16 sure! c:
@Snowkitty16 sure! c:
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
1 2 3 4 5 6 7