Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Color Wheel Expansion Previews
1 2 ... 398 399 400 401 402 ... 1399 1400
@ZouthDust
dont mind me just pinging myself to dont lose this thread, I have too many bookmarks already :p
@ZouthDust
dont mind me just pinging myself to dont lose this thread, I have too many bookmarks already :p
Check out my Art Shop!
CLOSED slots
Ohh, I'm excited for Moon...
Ohh, I'm excited for Moon...
Qvf2ANo.png tumblr_inline_nswmwupsoW1qiwi8o_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmw5JL6j1qiwi8o_500.gif
GDPkdgU.png
tumblr_inline_nswmwupsoW1qiwi8o_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmw5JL6j1qiwi8o_500.gif
[quote name="Naitochan" date=2015-08-20 09:55:11] [quote name="Lutnik" date=2015-08-20 09:50:26] @Naitochan Agreed. I've always considered periwinkle a more purplish color. Like a really really light indigo. This seems way too dark and blue to be periwinkle (but hey pretty sure I got that from watching Blues Clues as a kid so maybe its not entirely accurate) [/quote] Lol same [/quote] Well, when I google periwinkle, I get some results that do look like purple-blue [img]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110827001435/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/cd/Periwinkle.jpg/500px-Periwinkle.jpg[/img] But then others look more blue, like this [img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/spoonflower/public/design_thumbnails/0314/3555/rrLt-Periwinkle_8ea5eb_matches_purple-puffball-ltr-stems_shop_preview.png[/img] So perhaps it's a variant of the periwinkle colour???
Naitochan wrote on 2015-08-20:
Lutnik wrote on 2015-08-20:
@Naitochan Agreed. I've always considered periwinkle a more purplish color. Like a really really light indigo. This seems way too dark and blue to be periwinkle (but hey pretty sure I got that from watching Blues Clues as a kid so maybe its not entirely accurate)
Lol same

Well, when I google periwinkle, I get some results that do look like purple-blue
500px-Periwinkle.jpg

But then others look more blue, like this
rrLt-Periwinkle_8ea5eb_matches_purple-puffball-ltr-stems_shop_preview.png

So perhaps it's a variant of the periwinkle colour???
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
I'm loving the blues but I want to see some pinks and purples! Some browns, reds, and greens would be nice as well.
I'm loving the blues but I want to see some pinks and purples! Some browns, reds, and greens would be nice as well.
For dragon share posts
Please only pick dragons that aren't for sale/has a familiar.
Thank you!
Periwinkle is a flower, most flowers have a variety of shades, so the color probably isn't fixed. Is there some color naming authority for artists?
Periwinkle is a flower, most flowers have a variety of shades, so the color probably isn't fixed. Is there some color naming authority for artists?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I'm hoping the periwinkle iridescent or shimmer will have more of the more pale blusish tones
I'm hoping the periwinkle iridescent or shimmer will have more of the more pale blusish tones
Ping me or I won't see your post!
I do art! Message me about commissions.

eIK5iG7.pngrPaLIxa.png
mlHpBMC.pngfzM10XR.png
I don't think I'd expect periwinkle to be more purple, but I would expect it to be lighter. However, I don't care what colours are named just that they're pretty :)
I don't think I'd expect periwinkle to be more purple, but I would expect it to be lighter. However, I don't care what colours are named just that they're pretty :)
VWPWMZp.png
Isn't periwinkle usually a lot lighter than this? I guess chalk it up with pistachio for 'colors not exactly fitting their name'

It's a gorgeous color, but I don't agree with the name choice- if there is going to be a periwinkle, it should be closer to storm in color.

Isn't periwinkle usually a lot lighter than this? I guess chalk it up with pistachio for 'colors not exactly fitting their name'

It's a gorgeous color, but I don't agree with the name choice- if there is going to be a periwinkle, it should be closer to storm in color.

DidSomeoneSaySpreadsheets_zpsbee5cc96.png
Periwinkle and pistachio both offend my artistic and linguistic sensibilities. It's almost as bad as people using the word 'irony' wrong. Must not... rage a little...
Periwinkle and pistachio both offend my artistic and linguistic sensibilities. It's almost as bad as people using the word 'irony' wrong. Must not... rage a little...
~Reflect Achievement Guide~
~EE trainer, ping for levelling and raising help~
I wish there was a way to have the released colors in the scrying workshop; but since the templates aren't finished, I know they can't be. I just so want to scry some of these pretty colors with each other.

midnight/moon
pistachio/moon
all the yellows
ultramarine/emerald/yellow cryfacecircuits
cherry/lemon/orange
pistachio/seafoam/jungle
overcast/sky/moon
and so many more!
I wish there was a way to have the released colors in the scrying workshop; but since the templates aren't finished, I know they can't be. I just so want to scry some of these pretty colors with each other.

midnight/moon
pistachio/moon
all the yellows
ultramarine/emerald/yellow cryfacecircuits
cherry/lemon/orange
pistachio/seafoam/jungle
overcast/sky/moon
and so many more!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
1 2 ... 398 399 400 401 402 ... 1399 1400