Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Puberty
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 194 195
I made a thread like this over a year ago but there are way more users now so I would like to revisit this extremely important idea:

Dragon puberty. We see our dragons as cute babies and majestic adults but what about those awkward years in between?
  • Ridgie boys with their face-horns just starting to grow in, so they bump into things all the time.
  • Teenage imperials bragging over the size of their racks of antlers, or making fun of late bloomers with tiny twiggy ones
  • Adolescent skydancers molting out their juvenile feathers and crying because they don't want that cute Jimmy from the clan down the way to see them while they're so hideous
  • Twin pearlcatchers arguing over whose pearl is shinier and more lustrous and will more likely catch the attention of Jimmy from the clan down the way (Jimmy is, apparently, a very cute dragon) and make him want to go to dragon prom with them more.
  • Pimply tween dragons.
  • Tundras growing in their adult manes for the first time and being unable to see through all the new fluff.
  • Spirals going through a growth spurt, and, being unused to their new noodliness, getting caught. On. Everything

Dragon puberty and awkward adolescence is a very important concept to me.
I made a thread like this over a year ago but there are way more users now so I would like to revisit this extremely important idea:

Dragon puberty. We see our dragons as cute babies and majestic adults but what about those awkward years in between?
  • Ridgie boys with their face-horns just starting to grow in, so they bump into things all the time.
  • Teenage imperials bragging over the size of their racks of antlers, or making fun of late bloomers with tiny twiggy ones
  • Adolescent skydancers molting out their juvenile feathers and crying because they don't want that cute Jimmy from the clan down the way to see them while they're so hideous
  • Twin pearlcatchers arguing over whose pearl is shinier and more lustrous and will more likely catch the attention of Jimmy from the clan down the way (Jimmy is, apparently, a very cute dragon) and make him want to go to dragon prom with them more.
  • Pimply tween dragons.
  • Tundras growing in their adult manes for the first time and being unable to see through all the new fluff.
  • Spirals going through a growth spurt, and, being unused to their new noodliness, getting caught. On. Everything

Dragon puberty and awkward adolescence is a very important concept to me.
PFFFT I just thought of Nocs having a scene phase
503.gif
[quote name="Samurott" date=2015-05-03 11:32:53] PFFFT I just thought of Nocs having a scene phase [/quote] [i]oh no
Samurott wrote on 2015-05-03:
oh no

Lisa - 24 - She/her
FR +3 aka EST
tumblr_oixhzdxwmg1u3wsjco8_r1_250.png
Hey Jimmy, don't go near that Skydancer down there, stay with the pearlcatchers!
Hey Jimmy, don't go near that Skydancer down there, stay with the pearlcatchers!
~_~_~_~_~1108b_300px_loviare_by_miirshroom-dbencv2.png ~_~_~_~_~
[img]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/picard_clapping.gif[/img] I approve of this...
picard_clapping.gif

I approve of this...
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
[quote name="BroadwayPizano" date=2015-05-03 11:35:16] [quote name="Samurott" date=2015-05-03 11:32:53] PFFFT I just thought of Nocs having a scene phase [/quote] [i]oh no [/quote] it's not a phase mom, [i]it's who I am[/i]
BroadwayPizano wrote on 2015-05-03:
Samurott wrote on 2015-05-03:
oh no
it's not a phase mom, it's who I am
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
please think about very serious teenage guardians making emphatic declarations about what they absolutely will not take on as ward when time comes for them to go on their journey
please think about very serious teenage guardians making emphatic declarations about what they absolutely will not take on as ward when time comes for them to go on their journey
oTVkboM.png
Now I'm searching through all the male dragons named Jimmy to try to decide which one is the cutest. XD

Oh, don't forget faes gossiping about their crushes right in front of them, but using fae body language so their crushes don't know.
Now I'm searching through all the male dragons named Jimmy to try to decide which one is the cutest. XD

Oh, don't forget faes gossiping about their crushes right in front of them, but using fae body language so their crushes don't know.
she/her | GMT-5 | Check out my dragons for sale!

tumblr_inline_o13ntkHqks1ts73zp_540.png xZjCTKj.png
what would the dragon version of acne be

is that what gembond really is

dragon pimples?
what would the dragon version of acne be

is that what gembond really is

dragon pimples?
QQnBZuq.gif
pfffft this has got to be the greatest thing.
pfffft this has got to be the greatest thing.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 194 195