Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Nuzlocke Headquarters
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Nuzlocke Headquarters

Welcome to anything and everything Flight Rising Nuzlocke! Where we can hang out and chat, swap ideas, rant, vent, and seek support. Fans and creators alike!

~Potential spoilers alert~

Table of Post Contents
* Opener
* Links
* Writer's Chat
---
Nuzlocke Headquarters

Welcome to anything and everything Flight Rising Nuzlocke! Where we can hang out and chat, swap ideas, rant, vent, and seek support. Fans and creators alike!

~Potential spoilers alert~

Table of Post Contents
* Opener
* Links
* Writer's Chat
---
Nuzlocke Links:

Got a tumblr/blog/whatever off-site to talk Nuzlocke? Links here!

-links for tumblr-
All those who Wander FlyingNorth's Tumblr
--
zephyrwindspirit.tumblr.com - ZephyrWindSpirit's Tumblr

-links for forum-
All those who Wander by FlyingNorth
--
Blown to Bits by Pensandink
--
Trials by ZephyrWindSpirit
Nuzlocke Links:

Got a tumblr/blog/whatever off-site to talk Nuzlocke? Links here!

-links for tumblr-
All those who Wander FlyingNorth's Tumblr
--
zephyrwindspirit.tumblr.com - ZephyrWindSpirit's Tumblr

-links for forum-
All those who Wander by FlyingNorth
--
Blown to Bits by Pensandink
--
Trials by ZephyrWindSpirit
Writer's Chat

1. What is your take of breed changes in-story?
Writer's Chat

1. What is your take of breed changes in-story?
@ZephyrWindSpirit @Nihilo @FlyingNorth @Sellenair @pensandink @XxFluffyRavenxX

Open!

Welcome to anything and everything Nuzlocke! Where we can hang out and swap ideas, rant, vent, and seek support. Fans and creators alike!

Here's an opener question to get the ball rolling:

What is your take on breed changes in-story?
@ZephyrWindSpirit @Nihilo @FlyingNorth @Sellenair @pensandink @XxFluffyRavenxX

Open!

Welcome to anything and everything Nuzlocke! Where we can hang out and swap ideas, rant, vent, and seek support. Fans and creators alike!

Here's an opener question to get the ball rolling:

@ZephyrWindSpirit yess! If you need any help with coding anything, just give me a poke. I'm a bit of a BBCode nerd when I want to be. c;

Sadly I'm way too lazy to answer lore questions right now... I WILL BE BACK.

For that matter... @Nihilo I'm not losing this place!
@ZephyrWindSpirit yess! If you need any help with coding anything, just give me a poke. I'm a bit of a BBCode nerd when I want to be. c;

Sadly I'm way too lazy to answer lore questions right now... I WILL BE BACK.

For that matter... @Nihilo I'm not losing this place!
[quote name="ZephyrWindSpirit" date=2015-04-12 13:41:08] What is your take on breed changes in-story? [/quote] I'll be the first to answer, I guess. I haven't done any breed-changes yet, and don't have any planned, just because I like my dragons as they are; so I've never really had to face this question. If I got a scroll, I'd probably use it on a scavenged egg, as if it had hatched that species- I'd probably feel most comfortable doing that in my story. To use it on a grown dragon, though, I'd probably have to make it some kind of amazing circumstance, i.e. a god's intervention or something like that. At any rate, it would probably be very painful for the dragon, especially if there is a significant change in size in the breeds. And, in their new skin, it would take a lot of adjustment- getting used to a new sized body, perhaps; a different kind of wings, with Coatls or Spirals; a different way of moving, different food, different shape, different skills and limitations... And imagine for Faes: no more frills; how do they communicate? Or for a Coatl- suddenly, they have vocal chords(or, if the other way around, none). I won't even start on the difficulties a Spiral's way of moving would present! It would be very, very hard for the dragon involved. I'd also say the dragon would keep a lot of the personality traits of their old breed- a Pearlcatcher becoming a Mirror would still be proud, for example- but then there's that alien part of them that is a Mirror now, with more savage tendencies. The Pearlcatcher probably wouldn't agree with such savagery, but would struggle with it nonetheless. I imagine it would be a lifelong internal battle between who the dragon was, and who their new body wants them to be.
ZephyrWindSpirit wrote on 2015-04-12:

I'll be the first to answer, I guess. I haven't done any breed-changes yet, and don't have any planned, just because I like my dragons as they are; so I've never really had to face this question.
If I got a scroll, I'd probably use it on a scavenged egg, as if it had hatched that species- I'd probably feel most comfortable doing that in my story. To use it on a grown dragon, though, I'd probably have to make it some kind of amazing circumstance, i.e. a god's intervention or something like that.
At any rate, it would probably be very painful for the dragon, especially if there is a significant change in size in the breeds. And, in their new skin, it would take a lot of adjustment- getting used to a new sized body, perhaps; a different kind of wings, with Coatls or Spirals; a different way of moving, different food, different shape, different skills and limitations... And imagine for Faes: no more frills; how do they communicate? Or for a Coatl- suddenly, they have vocal chords(or, if the other way around, none). I won't even start on the difficulties a Spiral's way of moving would present! It would be very, very hard for the dragon involved.
I'd also say the dragon would keep a lot of the personality traits of their old breed- a Pearlcatcher becoming a Mirror would still be proud, for example- but then there's that alien part of them that is a Mirror now, with more savage tendencies. The Pearlcatcher probably wouldn't agree with such savagery, but would struggle with it nonetheless. I imagine it would be a lifelong internal battle between who the dragon was, and who their new body wants them to be.
Unrelated question, why is there an "e" at the end of Nuzlocke?
Unrelated question, why is there an "e" at the end of Nuzlocke?
ppp-badge_storage.gifm6IxQYa.gif6KadE7H.png
@Mydragonsfly "Nuzlocke" was originally invented to be used as a challenge for playing Pokemon, and the name comes from the iconic character of Nuzleaf from the original comic challenge, who was given the face of John Locke from Lost in many scenes, often with the phrase that's now most associated with Nuzlocke, "Everything happens for a reason." C: So the 'e' is there because it's "Nuz" from Nuzleaf and "Locke" from John Locke put together.
@Mydragonsfly "Nuzlocke" was originally invented to be used as a challenge for playing Pokemon, and the name comes from the iconic character of Nuzleaf from the original comic challenge, who was given the face of John Locke from Lost in many scenes, often with the phrase that's now most associated with Nuzlocke, "Everything happens for a reason." C: So the 'e' is there because it's "Nuz" from Nuzleaf and "Locke" from John Locke put together.
hk0zK67.gif
@Mydragonsfly

Its an old pun of the original pokemon Nuzlocke.

Nuzleaf with John Locke's face = Nuzlocke

bulbapedia's article on nuzlocke
@Mydragonsfly

Its an old pun of the original pokemon Nuzlocke.

Nuzleaf with John Locke's face = Nuzlocke

bulbapedia's article on nuzlocke
[quote name="ZephyrWindSpirit" date=2015-04-12 13:13:15] What is your take of breed changes in-story? [/quote] um. they touch the scroll and they change. most of the time it works. usually it'd be rather painful, especially with size changes; they retain most - if not all - of their old breed's tendencies. e.g. Vast, the tundra-turned-PC, is rather forgetful and daft.
ZephyrWindSpirit wrote on 2015-04-12:
What is your take of breed changes in-story?

um. they touch the scroll and they change. most of the time it works. usually it'd be rather painful, especially with size changes; they retain most - if not all - of their old breed's tendencies. e.g. Vast, the tundra-turned-PC, is rather forgetful and daft.
hpOdUl3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13