Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Swipp Swap Pinglist Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1003 1004
@Gubs Heya Gubs! Feeling better? You can PM OverTheWolf you email, though they're out for the moment so they won't get to stuff until later.
@Gubs Heya Gubs! Feeling better? You can PM OverTheWolf you email, though they're out for the moment so they won't get to stuff until later.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Rhea I'm feeling much better thanks for asking! And alright, will do!
@Rhea I'm feeling much better thanks for asking! And alright, will do!
tumblr_ofm4dkJXns1r79yhwo1_r1_400.png
[quote name="NamedDame" date="2015-02-08 11:59:42"]maybe add a new trades list, so whenever a new trade is added those people would be added to the new stuff list automatically?[/quote] [quote name="Rhea" date="2015-02-08 12:26:36"][color=green]@ NamedDame I don't think auto-adding people to lists is a good idea. [/quote] @Rhea I might have misunderstood NamedDame, but I read it as a list people could ask to be added to if they wanted to be notified if Swipp is updated with new item trades - which would sound cool to me since not everyone pay attention to announcements.
NamedDame wrote on 2015-02-08 11:59:42:
maybe add a new trades list, so whenever a new trade is added those people would be added to the new stuff list automatically?
Rhea wrote on 2015-02-08 12:26:36:
@ NamedDame I don't think auto-adding people to lists is a good idea.
@Rhea
I might have misunderstood NamedDame, but I read it as a list people could ask to be added to if they wanted to be notified if Swipp is updated with new item trades - which would sound cool to me since not everyone pay attention to announcements.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
@Rhea I'm very sorry your thread was deleted. It was very useful. :( but i will say that the new idea for it is a great one! Although i wouldn't mind giving my email.
@Rhea I'm very sorry your thread was deleted. It was very useful. :( but i will say that the new idea for it is a great one! Although i wouldn't mind giving my email.
Solar Blades I BUY SOLAR BLADES!
FR 0+ Hours (exact with site/server time)
Pardon the typos! I'm on mobile ALOT.
(Probably why a lot of my forum posts are edited.)
kIkbHva.png
Ah this is disappointing; that was such a useful feature / thread / pinglist. v_v I really hope you guys find a solution to this.
Ah this is disappointing; that was such a useful feature / thread / pinglist. v_v I really hope you guys find a solution to this.
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
@Rhea
No problem :3 Editors (anyone who can already edit the sheet) should be able to add emails to the sheet; if you click "Share", you can add emails at the bottom. If the email isn't associated with a Gmail account, it will tell you that anyone can log into the sheet anonymously via the invitation (which is sent via email).

I'm a little concerned about this part, but if we see anonymous users start to edit inappropriately, we can just remove all of the non-Gmail emails. Hopefully it won't be a problem, though :)
@Rhea
No problem :3 Editors (anyone who can already edit the sheet) should be able to add emails to the sheet; if you click "Share", you can add emails at the bottom. If the email isn't associated with a Gmail account, it will tell you that anyone can log into the sheet anonymously via the invitation (which is sent via email).

I'm a little concerned about this part, but if we see anonymous users start to edit inappropriately, we can just remove all of the non-Gmail emails. Hopefully it won't be a problem, though :)
Ugh. Trolls: ruining stuff for everyone since the dawn of time.

As for this new list, I'm overtired at the moment so I'm not processing information very well. People who want to be added to the pinglist for particular items need to PM their email to someone so they can be added as editors to The List? I've reread that five times and that's still what I'm seeing, but I'm not sure how that would solve the troll problem. Trolls can still hand over their email and then go in and add people willy nilly. Having helpers give their emails so they can edit the lists, maybe, provided someone can vouch for them. Then people can PM their username to the helpers to be added to the lists. That way the helpers can check that the username being submitted matches the sender's username and if it doesn't it gets rejected. If that was what was meant and I'm just consistently misreading this, I apologize. Overtired and a possible minor case of food poisoning are not very helpful to my higher brain functions.
Ugh. Trolls: ruining stuff for everyone since the dawn of time.

As for this new list, I'm overtired at the moment so I'm not processing information very well. People who want to be added to the pinglist for particular items need to PM their email to someone so they can be added as editors to The List? I've reread that five times and that's still what I'm seeing, but I'm not sure how that would solve the troll problem. Trolls can still hand over their email and then go in and add people willy nilly. Having helpers give their emails so they can edit the lists, maybe, provided someone can vouch for them. Then people can PM their username to the helpers to be added to the lists. That way the helpers can check that the username being submitted matches the sender's username and if it doesn't it gets rejected. If that was what was meant and I'm just consistently misreading this, I apologize. Overtired and a possible minor case of food poisoning are not very helpful to my higher brain functions.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
@Rhea
heyo c: if you need help i'm happy to join in
@Rhea
heyo c: if you need help i'm happy to join in
@OverTheWolf Hmm, that's a bit of a concern. Though, as long as we can see which gmails have edited what parts of the sheet (in the sheet's history), it should work out ok? So we can have not just you, but helpers adding emails to the sheet (but let's say that only helpers should do that, and anyone who is not an official helper who is found adding people will be kicked off the list).

Actually with more thought, we might have to scrap the idea of adding non-helper emails at all. I was thinking of a scenario where, if we did find a troublemaker and wanted to prevent them from being added as an editor, we would need to have their email in a publicly available place so that all helpers could see that they're not supposed to add that email. This of course is an issue.

So yeah. Ugh, I dunno man.
@OverTheWolf Hmm, that's a bit of a concern. Though, as long as we can see which gmails have edited what parts of the sheet (in the sheet's history), it should work out ok? So we can have not just you, but helpers adding emails to the sheet (but let's say that only helpers should do that, and anyone who is not an official helper who is found adding people will be kicked off the list).

Actually with more thought, we might have to scrap the idea of adding non-helper emails at all. I was thinking of a scenario where, if we did find a troublemaker and wanted to prevent them from being added as an editor, we would need to have their email in a publicly available place so that all helpers could see that they're not supposed to add that email. This of course is an issue.

So yeah. Ugh, I dunno man.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@shadowmaat
Google sheets allows us to see the changes made to a document. However, seeing that "Anonymous Kangaroo" edited a space doesn't really help us. If we require everyone to add their emails, we can see exactly which user edited what space. So if someone is editing things willy-nilly, then we can remove their email and prevent them from editing the document. They would still be able to use the spreadsheet and thread; they would just have to get a helper to add them to the lists.

I realize that not everyone might want to share the email, for whatever reason, so having a list of helpers to add these people to the lists will keep it accessible for everyone.

By allowing everyone to give an email to edit the sheet, we're adding accountability to the document, which should, hopefully, deter the trolls.

@Rhea
There's not really anything we can do about it. But yeah, we should still be able to exactly who edited what.

I don't think it really matters who adds the emails, but it will definitely be easier to keep track of users if only the helpers add emails. Besides, I don't think users want to just fling their email to just anyone on the site, lol. But yeah, we can remove editing ability from anyone caught mucking with the lists. They'd just have to ask a helper to add/remove them from the lists.

This is still going to run on an honour system, definitely.
@shadowmaat
Google sheets allows us to see the changes made to a document. However, seeing that "Anonymous Kangaroo" edited a space doesn't really help us. If we require everyone to add their emails, we can see exactly which user edited what space. So if someone is editing things willy-nilly, then we can remove their email and prevent them from editing the document. They would still be able to use the spreadsheet and thread; they would just have to get a helper to add them to the lists.

I realize that not everyone might want to share the email, for whatever reason, so having a list of helpers to add these people to the lists will keep it accessible for everyone.

By allowing everyone to give an email to edit the sheet, we're adding accountability to the document, which should, hopefully, deter the trolls.

@Rhea
There's not really anything we can do about it. But yeah, we should still be able to exactly who edited what.

I don't think it really matters who adds the emails, but it will definitely be easier to keep track of users if only the helpers add emails. Besides, I don't think users want to just fling their email to just anyone on the site, lol. But yeah, we can remove editing ability from anyone caught mucking with the lists. They'd just have to ask a helper to add/remove them from the lists.

This is still going to run on an honour system, definitely.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1003 1004