Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 753 754
Are there names for the oceans and straights around the territories? Namely the ones between Ice/Nature/Arcane and and the mainland, and the body of water surrounding the dragons' lands.

Also, forgive me if this has been answered before, but are there other continents on Sornieth other than the ones depicted in the "world map?"
Are there names for the oceans and straights around the territories? Namely the ones between Ice/Nature/Arcane and and the mainland, and the body of water surrounding the dragons' lands.

Also, forgive me if this has been answered before, but are there other continents on Sornieth other than the ones depicted in the "world map?"
wLNPkA3.png
Is there any chance of more lair expansions in the future? This is the thing that I am curious about most often.
Is there any chance of more lair expansions in the future? This is the thing that I am curious about most often.
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
The lore treats familiars as creatures that have chosen to live with your clan, and which you then bond with over time.

On that basis, then, how does the lore approach the practice of dragons tossing familiars into Baldwin's brew and rendering them down into metallic muck?

I get that, while the beastclans see themselves as being in some ways equal to the dragons, or at least having equal humanity, the dragons probably see beastclans as more like wild animals, or pets at best. But what is going on when a familiar gets tossed in the pot?
The lore treats familiars as creatures that have chosen to live with your clan, and which you then bond with over time.

On that basis, then, how does the lore approach the practice of dragons tossing familiars into Baldwin's brew and rendering them down into metallic muck?

I get that, while the beastclans see themselves as being in some ways equal to the dragons, or at least having equal humanity, the dragons probably see beastclans as more like wild animals, or pets at best. But what is going on when a familiar gets tossed in the pot?
Been away for like 5 years, just sliding back into it now.

Q4qOD.gifQMBQi.gifX3NdI.gifXtsnB.gifIUWtx.gifvq3ZZ.gif
I'm still curious about the possibility of other land masses on Sornith, so far all the dragon have orgin in the different elemental lands and so on and so forth. Could there be other dragons on other island yet to be explored?
I'm still curious about the possibility of other land masses on Sornith, so far all the dragon have orgin in the different elemental lands and so on and so forth. Could there be other dragons on other island yet to be explored?
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.pngIf I Don't Die In A Fire, I'll Lose a Bettumblr_inline_paefnd80ee1r16a5d_540.png
theyfcd4090c-b915-11e9-8ce9-afdf9ba9a73a.gifthem
What would the FR team do if they discovered that they - and the FR community - had literally ended up on Sornith? Like we all go to sleep and then wake up to find ourselves in our respective domains.

And do you think we'd be able to survive with all the fighting that the eleven do?
What would the FR team do if they discovered that they - and the FR community - had literally ended up on Sornith? Like we all go to sleep and then wake up to find ourselves in our respective domains.

And do you think we'd be able to survive with all the fighting that the eleven do?
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
I have a question. Will there be any way other then paypal to buy gems?I understand that paypal is secure and safe, but I for one have issues with it and would rather pay another way.
Another question. Will you ever do a black neck bow?
I have a question. Will there be any way other then paypal to buy gems?I understand that paypal is secure and safe, but I for one have issues with it and would rather pay another way.
Another question. Will you ever do a black neck bow?
Loves all things feline
I have some questions about applying to be on the art team-- I know it probably won't happen any time soon since new artists were recently brought on board, but I'm curious about some things.

1. What kinds of examples does staff look for/expect when applying?
Is original work preferred, even if your lineart style doesn't match FR's? Or do they look at/accept image edits or mockups of "fake" new genes? Skin/accent concepts? Recolors and such? What are some qualities you guys look for?

2. Do you have designated positions for artists?
I.E do you have artists who specifically draw/come up with genes, artists that just color in items from a base template (like skin templates or the floracat/buttersnake submissions, for example) or is a FR artist expected to do a bit of everything? Like... If I wanted to apply JUST to make genes and help recolor genes for all of the dragon art, would that be acceptable?

3. Do the artists actually come up with genes and design-work or is that up to the admins/staff?

4. Is Photoshop required to be on the art team, or are programs that can open PSDs fine to use? I primarily draw with SAI because I don't have photoshop, and SAI feels easier to use with my own coloring style.

Aaaand finally:

5. What would the general workload be for someone hired as an artist? Is it a constant, every day job/schedule, or is it just occasional work here and there sporadically throughout the week(s)?

Hopefully that's okay to ask here! If I need to ask through a Contact Us just lemme know and I'll paste em there instead. I'd be quite interested in applying if/whenever you guys are interested in hiring more staff.
I have some questions about applying to be on the art team-- I know it probably won't happen any time soon since new artists were recently brought on board, but I'm curious about some things.

1. What kinds of examples does staff look for/expect when applying?
Is original work preferred, even if your lineart style doesn't match FR's? Or do they look at/accept image edits or mockups of "fake" new genes? Skin/accent concepts? Recolors and such? What are some qualities you guys look for?

2. Do you have designated positions for artists?
I.E do you have artists who specifically draw/come up with genes, artists that just color in items from a base template (like skin templates or the floracat/buttersnake submissions, for example) or is a FR artist expected to do a bit of everything? Like... If I wanted to apply JUST to make genes and help recolor genes for all of the dragon art, would that be acceptable?

3. Do the artists actually come up with genes and design-work or is that up to the admins/staff?

4. Is Photoshop required to be on the art team, or are programs that can open PSDs fine to use? I primarily draw with SAI because I don't have photoshop, and SAI feels easier to use with my own coloring style.

Aaaand finally:

5. What would the general workload be for someone hired as an artist? Is it a constant, every day job/schedule, or is it just occasional work here and there sporadically throughout the week(s)?

Hopefully that's okay to ask here! If I need to ask through a Contact Us just lemme know and I'll paste em there instead. I'd be quite interested in applying if/whenever you guys are interested in hiring more staff.
V8I0CBG.gif
I've noticed that this has been a hot topic lately but I've never been able to find an answer from the staff so hopeful I can find an answer here.

Is there any plans to add hot keys to the coliseum rewrite?
I've noticed that this has been a hot topic lately but I've never been able to find an answer from the staff so hopeful I can find an answer here.

Is there any plans to add hot keys to the coliseum rewrite?
pink_by_mintinol-dbs9d5o.pngrainbow_by_mintinol-dbs9d5j.pngbadge1_by_mintinol-dbs9d15.png
Why is unstable serthis concoction a materiel while powerful serthis poison is a trinket?
Why is unstable serthis concoction a materiel while powerful serthis poison is a trinket?
q1aVYVt.pngZQRKwMz.pngshadowbinder.png
in the golem workshop, who actually created the factory/workshop that has all the robots/coliseum opponents? Like who founded the golem workshop, or made it?
in the golem workshop, who actually created the factory/workshop that has all the robots/coliseum opponents? Like who founded the golem workshop, or made it?
Chilis / 20 / they/them / trans/queer
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 753 754