Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 753 754
Where do concerns go? Other than "Contact us", I mean.
Where do concerns go? Other than "Contact us", I mean.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
1.) are there plans, either in the far or relatively near future, for site-wide plots?

2.) will new colours ever be implemented into the colour wheel?

3.) do you currently have any plans to add some sort of way to preview apparel on our own dragons? i have a suggestion thread for this and it's been very heavily supported. it could work just like how we can preview accents on our own dragons.

4.) what's up with logging in? I come to the homepage, I'm logged in, I can get to my inbox just fine... if I click anywhere else, I'm logged out and have to log in again. is that intentional as part of the whole www1 thing? it's incredibly frustrating e-e

5.) are there going to be new breeds released that will have shorter cooldowns? i've only been on the site long enough to see the release of coatls and nocturnes, both of which have a longer cooldown.

6.) what genes does swipp have? it almost looks like he's got tiger, and i can't see what his secondary or tertiary would be.

the last two questions aren't nearly as important so i'd much rather have the first three (especially #3) answered over the last two but i understand if they're easier/quicker to answer!

thanks in advance! i'm so glad this thread is a thing, it's a relief to see that our questions are being seen and some of them being answered. keep up the good work, mods and admins c:
1.) are there plans, either in the far or relatively near future, for site-wide plots?

2.) will new colours ever be implemented into the colour wheel?

3.) do you currently have any plans to add some sort of way to preview apparel on our own dragons? i have a suggestion thread for this and it's been very heavily supported. it could work just like how we can preview accents on our own dragons.

4.) what's up with logging in? I come to the homepage, I'm logged in, I can get to my inbox just fine... if I click anywhere else, I'm logged out and have to log in again. is that intentional as part of the whole www1 thing? it's incredibly frustrating e-e

5.) are there going to be new breeds released that will have shorter cooldowns? i've only been on the site long enough to see the release of coatls and nocturnes, both of which have a longer cooldown.

6.) what genes does swipp have? it almost looks like he's got tiger, and i can't see what his secondary or tertiary would be.

the last two questions aren't nearly as important so i'd much rather have the first three (especially #3) answered over the last two but i understand if they're easier/quicker to answer!

thanks in advance! i'm so glad this thread is a thing, it's a relief to see that our questions are being seen and some of them being answered. keep up the good work, mods and admins c:
hFOUfVC.gif tet | 31 | agender | FR +3
probably not a lizard
Are dragon breed suggestions actually looked at?
Are dragon breed suggestions actually looked at?
dDdRHWB.png
[quote="Terms of Service"]No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not. Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.[/quote] This part of the ToS is unclear to me. Does this mean that a user can only sell 5 prints/sculptures/whatever [i]ever[/i] for USD? So, say, if I make a painting, a sculpture, a plushie, a poster, and a charm bracelet featuring the FR IP - five completely separate and unique pieces of art - that's it, that's all I can sell, and anything else "tangible" that I make featuring your IP has to be sold for FR currency or not at all? Or does this part of the ToS govern *reproductions* of tangible art? So if I make a print of the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder fighting, I can only sell (for USD) five copies of that print, but I'm free to make other prints, which I can then sell five copies each of? If it's the latter, not the former (which I'm hoping!), I have a whole suite of follow-up questions, but that can wait until this is answered, haha. (Also, what does the Flight Rising IP entail? "Sorineth", the gods, all the NPCs, the monsters, the dragon breeds themselves, they all clearly fall under the IP, but do depictions of users' individual dragons also count?)
Terms of Service wrote:
No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not.

Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.

This part of the ToS is unclear to me. Does this mean that a user can only sell 5 prints/sculptures/whatever ever for USD? So, say, if I make a painting, a sculpture, a plushie, a poster, and a charm bracelet featuring the FR IP - five completely separate and unique pieces of art - that's it, that's all I can sell, and anything else "tangible" that I make featuring your IP has to be sold for FR currency or not at all? Or does this part of the ToS govern *reproductions* of tangible art? So if I make a print of the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder fighting, I can only sell (for USD) five copies of that print, but I'm free to make other prints, which I can then sell five copies each of? If it's the latter, not the former (which I'm hoping!), I have a whole suite of follow-up questions, but that can wait until this is answered, haha.

(Also, what does the Flight Rising IP entail? "Sorineth", the gods, all the NPCs, the monsters, the dragon breeds themselves, they all clearly fall under the IP, but do depictions of users' individual dragons also count?)
I keep seing many dragons whose wings are shorter (sometimes drastically shorter) than their bodies. Why do so many dragons have such short wings? Is this intentional, a bug, or just the RNG at work?

Editing because I thought of another question: Do Dragons in Sornieth work on a similar time system/calendar as we do? Is it a "Let's meet on Monday, February the 1st, 2017, at 12 o'clock sharp" - thing or more of a "Let's meet when two more winters have passed after the Gala at noon" thing?
I keep seing many dragons whose wings are shorter (sometimes drastically shorter) than their bodies. Why do so many dragons have such short wings? Is this intentional, a bug, or just the RNG at work?

Editing because I thought of another question: Do Dragons in Sornieth work on a similar time system/calendar as we do? Is it a "Let's meet on Monday, February the 1st, 2017, at 12 o'clock sharp" - thing or more of a "Let's meet when two more winters have passed after the Gala at noon" thing?
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
Is the Familiar counter in the top right information bar (with clan energy, icon, etc) supposed to show the total number of familiars in one's Bestiary, or only those in the Hoard and equipped? Mine switches between my total and my total minus the ones I have in my Vault, and I'm not sure which is supposed to be the correct one.

ETA: Looks like the number in the bit to the left is the higher number... whatever that means.
Is the Familiar counter in the top right information bar (with clan energy, icon, etc) supposed to show the total number of familiars in one's Bestiary, or only those in the Hoard and equipped? Mine switches between my total and my total minus the ones I have in my Vault, and I'm not sure which is supposed to be the correct one.

ETA: Looks like the number in the bit to the left is the higher number... whatever that means.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Is there a reason why the Silk set is getting cycled out of the gem marketplace already? It has barely been in there and some of the other gem apparel is in the marketplace since much, much longer. This is highly inconsistent. I completely understand the other apparel and the familiars leaving, as they have indeed been around for a long time, but it makes to me no sense to cycle out the silks unless this is some really upsetting way to get more money because the set has been so popular and people will now spend money to get it on time. :( I cannot think of any other reason, so I am really upset right now.
Is there a reason why the Silk set is getting cycled out of the gem marketplace already? It has barely been in there and some of the other gem apparel is in the marketplace since much, much longer. This is highly inconsistent. I completely understand the other apparel and the familiars leaving, as they have indeed been around for a long time, but it makes to me no sense to cycle out the silks unless this is some really upsetting way to get more money because the set has been so popular and people will now spend money to get it on time. :( I cannot think of any other reason, so I am really upset right now.
tumblr_nl9xvjI7se1tisuvqo2_500.png
All right, a couple questions:
  • Will there ever be apparel previewing like accent previewing/a dress up shop to try on multiple pieces?
  • If the filigree stuff isn't done getting released and when it is, will you make an Alabaster Bundle?
  • If yes for the above question, will it be for a discounted price? If so, will I be able to get back the extra gems that I paid for all the individual pieces? I didn't know there was going to be more than the banner coming out so I bought that on it's own and I intend on buying the whole series but if it's going to be in a bundle then I would rather buy the bundle altogether.
All right, a couple questions:
  • Will there ever be apparel previewing like accent previewing/a dress up shop to try on multiple pieces?
  • If the filigree stuff isn't done getting released and when it is, will you make an Alabaster Bundle?
  • If yes for the above question, will it be for a discounted price? If so, will I be able to get back the extra gems that I paid for all the individual pieces? I didn't know there was going to be more than the banner coming out so I bought that on it's own and I intend on buying the whole series but if it's going to be in a bundle then I would rather buy the bundle altogether.

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep]
A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
When will the next registration window open?
When will the next registration window open?
Enjoying the 1?
Thanks Arcanist!
Are there any plans for new games to make playing Flight Rising more fun?
Are there any plans for new games to make playing Flight Rising more fun?
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro7_250.gif
light.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 753 754