Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 753 754
[quote]Another question related to the above... are there plans on increasing how effective a dragon sink exalting is or adding a new dragon sink? [/quote] We are pleased with the current rate of which dragons leave the active population. At this time, there are no plans for additional "dragon sinks". [br][br] [quote]Are the plans to expand the flight festivals to other areas of the game (IE beyond the banner under the logo, gathering, coliseum and festive favours)?[/quote] We are always looking at ways to improve the game and all of its various events, however there are no immediate plans to change the format of flight festivals. [br][br] [quote]You mentioned that the Night of the Nocturne event was shaky due to the volume of chests being opened and that was due to the unique to setup of 2014 Night of the Nocturne.. does that mean there will be less chests or will the chests be removed and replaced with drops that would normally be in the chests?[/quote] We'll be releasing information about changes to [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] when it goes live in December, and likely not before then. A lot can change between now and the event. [br][br] [quote]I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why do some questions seemingly go unanswered entirely or are answered incredibly vaguely? I can understand missing questions that were asked while you were already typing a response, but I occasionally see a bunch of unanswered questions sprinkled between the answered ones and it makes me wonder why.[/quote] For the Q&A Thread we try to answer around five questions a week, but quite often we're able to answer more than five. Though we're not able to answer all questions, for a number of reasons, all questions are documented for future review. [br][br] [quote]About how big are the 2014/2015 festival bears? Are they the size of RL bears? The size of a particular dragon? Or do they vary from element to element, or bear to bear?[/quote] They vary from bear to bear, but in general are twice the size of "Earth" bears. [br][br] [quote]I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip? Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now.[/quote] They are measured from nose to tail in terms of length. This is part of why spiral and imperial dragons are so long, but do not weigh as much as some of their "shorter" counterparts. [br][br] [quote]How big are the deities compared to the different dragon breeds? Are they all bigger than Imperials? The size of guardians? Are they all roughly the same size?[/quote] The deities range in size, but even the smallest (@Arcanist) is many times the size of the largest dragon. [br][br] [quote]Amongst FR's staff, which dragon breed is the most popular?[/quote] Xhaztol's favorite is [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=23]Snappers[/url][/b], Undel's favorite is [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=25]Coatl[/url][/b], and I'm having a terrible time trying to choose between Coatls and Snapper hatchlings. [br][br] [quote]What prompted the change of the Strangler's element from Nature to Neutral? Are you filling a quota of Neutral enemies in each venue (or just the X first venues for the newbies), or trying to keep number of same-element enemies per venue low (Nature in the Woodland Path was the highest, with four), or what is the reasoning behind it? Was it just a random one-off change, or should we expect more similar ones? In addition, were the frequencies of different enemy groups in the Woodland Path changed as part of this update?[/quote] The change was a step towards a more balanced venue/monster/element ratio. Additional information on this can be found in our latest community update here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729 [br][br] [quote]Are there any plans to add more Courier dragons to the ranks? I imagine the three in charge of all the mail now could use a little help now that Sornieth is so populous and busy![/quote] It is a quite a bit of mail! However, there are no plans to add additional courier NPCs at this time. Just like Crim and Pinkerton are not the only tundra dragons in Sornieth, [b]Pearl[/b], [b]Edgar[/b], and [b]Spitfire[/b] are not the only courier dragons. There are many more off camera helping get packages from lair-to-lair!
Quote:
Another question related to the above... are there plans on increasing how effective a dragon sink exalting is or adding a new dragon sink?

We are pleased with the current rate of which dragons leave the active population. At this time, there are no plans for additional "dragon sinks".

Quote:
Are the plans to expand the flight festivals to other areas of the game (IE beyond the banner under the logo, gathering, coliseum and festive favours)?

We are always looking at ways to improve the game and all of its various events, however there are no immediate plans to change the format of flight festivals.

Quote:
You mentioned that the Night of the Nocturne event was shaky due to the volume of chests being opened and that was due to the unique to setup of 2014 Night of the Nocturne.. does that mean there will be less chests or will the chests be removed and replaced with drops that would normally be in the chests?

We'll be releasing information about changes to Night of the Nocturne when it goes live in December, and likely not before then. A lot can change between now and the event.

Quote:
I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why do some questions seemingly go unanswered entirely or are answered incredibly vaguely?

I can understand missing questions that were asked while you were already typing a response, but I occasionally see a bunch of unanswered questions sprinkled between the answered ones and it makes me wonder why.

For the Q&A Thread we try to answer around five questions a week, but quite often we're able to answer more than five. Though we're not able to answer all questions, for a number of reasons, all questions are documented for future review.

Quote:
About how big are the 2014/2015 festival bears? Are they the size of RL bears? The size of a particular dragon? Or do they vary from element to element, or bear to bear?

They vary from bear to bear, but in general are twice the size of "Earth" bears.

Quote:
I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip?

Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now.

They are measured from nose to tail in terms of length. This is part of why spiral and imperial dragons are so long, but do not weigh as much as some of their "shorter" counterparts.

Quote:
How big are the deities compared to the different dragon breeds? Are they all bigger than Imperials? The size of guardians? Are they all roughly the same size?

The deities range in size, but even the smallest (@Arcanist) is many times the size of the largest dragon.

Quote:
Amongst FR's staff, which dragon breed is the most popular?

Xhaztol's favorite is Snappers, Undel's favorite is Coatl, and I'm having a terrible time trying to choose between Coatls and Snapper hatchlings.

Quote:
What prompted the change of the Strangler's element from Nature to Neutral? Are you filling a quota of Neutral enemies in each venue (or just the X first venues for the newbies), or trying to keep number of same-element enemies per venue low (Nature in the Woodland Path was the highest, with four), or what is the reasoning behind it? Was it just a random one-off change, or should we expect more similar ones?

In addition, were the frequencies of different enemy groups in the Woodland Path changed as part of this update?

The change was a step towards a more balanced venue/monster/element ratio. Additional information on this can be found in our latest community update here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729

Quote:
Are there any plans to add more Courier dragons to the ranks? I imagine the three in charge of all the mail now could use a little help now that Sornieth is so populous and busy!

It is a quite a bit of mail! However, there are no plans to add additional courier NPCs at this time. Just like Crim and Pinkerton are not the only tundra dragons in Sornieth, Pearl, Edgar, and Spitfire are not the only courier dragons. There are many more off camera helping get packages from lair-to-lair!
Oh man, if this is still open for questions...

How big are the elemental wolves (umbra and gale)? Are they bigger than normal wolves? Do they have longer lifespans?
Oh man, if this is still open for questions...

How big are the elemental wolves (umbra and gale)? Are they bigger than normal wolves? Do they have longer lifespans?

OVmZor1.png
Why does the marketplace have to have limited items? It gets insane at the beginning of a festival when items are gone in a flash. Also, with the new jewelry release. They have been out for a while and still it seems impossible to make a set unless you have to buy them at double or triple the MP price in the AH.
Why does the marketplace have to have limited items? It gets insane at the beginning of a festival when items are gone in a flash. Also, with the new jewelry release. They have been out for a while and still it seems impossible to make a set unless you have to buy them at double or triple the MP price in the AH.
Is there any plan to create a function for changing battle stones' position?
For example, eliminate(in second slot) will be moved to third slot? :0
Is there any plan to create a function for changing battle stones' position?
For example, eliminate(in second slot) will be moved to third slot? :0
Do all familiars except the Gem Marketplace ones have a chance to drop in Iron/Gilded chests? I notice when you release new familiars you don't mention it. If not, is there a place I can go to find which familiars drop from chests?
Do all familiars except the Gem Marketplace ones have a chance to drop in Iron/Gilded chests? I notice when you release new familiars you don't mention it. If not, is there a place I can go to find which familiars drop from chests?
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
When picking questions to answer each week, are all questions in this thread, say, posted a month ago, given equal consideration to being answered, or do you only look at the newest questions, and pick from those to answer? And if that is the case, can we reask old questions that were not answered? Because right now, admin know which questions they can and can't answer, so maybe you're skipping over a question on purpose because it's not answerable, but to users it just looks like that was not one of the five picked, for whatever reason. Corallary, would admin be able to go back and edit posts with something to the effect of "we can't answer this question right now" so that people aren't sitting around waiting for months for an answer they're ultimately not going to get? has admin ever confirmed if this is an intentional part of the coli or a known bug? [img]http://i.gyazo.com/35d940efb8070faedebdefbebb181803.png[/img] And if this is intentional, what was the reasoning for choosing to short dragons a few exp points each battle?
When picking questions to answer each week, are all questions in this thread, say, posted a month ago, given equal consideration to being answered, or do you only look at the newest questions, and pick from those to answer? And if that is the case, can we reask old questions that were not answered? Because right now, admin know which questions they can and can't answer, so maybe you're skipping over a question on purpose because it's not answerable, but to users it just looks like that was not one of the five picked, for whatever reason.

Corallary, would admin be able to go back and edit posts with something to the effect of "we can't answer this question right now" so that people aren't sitting around waiting for months for an answer they're ultimately not going to get?

has admin ever confirmed if this is an intentional part of the coli or a known bug?
35d940efb8070faedebdefbebb181803.png
And if this is intentional, what was the reasoning for choosing to short dragons a few exp points each battle?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Any further plans for another live update? Those were pretty cool. Sorry if this has been asked before!
Any further plans for another live update? Those were pretty cool. Sorry if this has been asked before!
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Are there any (canon; I recognize that some of these may and probably do exist in users' personal lore) groups of dragons in Sornieth that have ever attempted to assault a deity directly, be it their own or another Flight's? Likewise, are there any groups that reject the deities/don't believe them to be gods at all?
Are there any (canon; I recognize that some of these may and probably do exist in users' personal lore) groups of dragons in Sornieth that have ever attempted to assault a deity directly, be it their own or another Flight's? Likewise, are there any groups that reject the deities/don't believe them to be gods at all?
I have a burning desire to know, the concrete block the sunbeam soldier is holding is it part of a column from the ruins? And why exactly a concrete block as a weapon? Won't it shatter fairly quickly? Also, I just love the sunbeam soldier so squeezable and cuddly!
I have a burning desire to know, the concrete block the sunbeam soldier is holding is it part of a column from the ruins? And why exactly a concrete block as a weapon? Won't it shatter fairly quickly? Also, I just love the sunbeam soldier so squeezable and cuddly!
Is there any chance there will be new colors added to the color wheel in the future?
Is there any chance there will be new colors added to the color wheel in the future?
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 753 754