Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 753 754
Since the "new" battlestones are just recolors, will we be getting any battlestones in the future that either serve new functions or are actually improved versions of existing stones?
Since the "new" battlestones are just recolors, will we be getting any battlestones in the future that either serve new functions or are actually improved versions of existing stones?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
Hello! Thanks for Baldwin, by the way (all of the admins), it's great. c:

Anyway, as for the question... I understand that the first round of Baldwin items are now out, and they're all awesome, thank you! In the future, will the lower levels (1-5) gain items, or will all new recipes be for levels five or higher?

ETA:

I'm sure you're aware that some of your userbase are getting ground down with monotonous grinding being the only way to get themed stuff during Festivals and NotN. Will Baldwin feature in future iterations of these things with temporary themed recipes to alleviate the samey-ness?

Anyway, as for the question... I understand that the first round of Baldwin items are now out, and they're all awesome, thank you! In the future, will the lower levels (1-5) gain items, or will all new recipes be for levels five or higher?

ETA:

I'm sure you're aware that some of your userbase are getting ground down with monotonous grinding being the only way to get themed stuff during Festivals and NotN. Will Baldwin feature in future iterations of these things with temporary themed recipes to alleviate the samey-ness?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
With how rapidly everything played out with yesterday's update, how rapidly are you planning on releasing more content for Baldwin's?

Also, how are you guys? I always get worried about stress levels of admins on anything.
With how rapidly everything played out with yesterday's update, how rapidly are you planning on releasing more content for Baldwin's?

Also, how are you guys? I always get worried about stress levels of admins on anything.
:1
It looks like this was already asked by DragonSage on page 38, but...

What are Baldwin's colors? And going a step further - what Flight would he be? (Like how Crim and pinkerton are Fire, Tomo and Scribbles are Earth, Swipp and Joxar are Wind)
It looks like this was already asked by DragonSage on page 38, but...

What are Baldwin's colors? And going a step further - what Flight would he be? (Like how Crim and pinkerton are Fire, Tomo and Scribbles are Earth, Swipp and Joxar are Wind)
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
[quote]thank you for answering! nah, not the psd's, just bigger pics. i saw that some 500x500-ish watermarked versions that were posted on various tumblrs aaaaaages ago (ex. here here and here), and found a large crowned bonepriest image in the forums at some point, so i'd wondered if you guys had some kinda database thing for em or only posted them on request or something. really i'd just like to see a larger fallout streak and steelhound because they both have itty bitty details that are not fun to attempt to draw :'D[/quote] If we ever decide upon an appropriate reason and venue to display these images at a larger size, it's a possibility! Generally, releasing larger-than-game-size art coincides with news updates or features, such as you saw with the larger Loga art in the [i]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/i] news post. Our artists will sometimes share their contributions at a larger size on their personal blogs and galleries after release as well. [quote]Do copper boots drop in golem workshop? They're not listed in the drops from there.[/quote] Yes. That appears to be an oversight in the wiki entry. [quote]The last two Reg windows went very smoothly are there any plans to make it a monthly occurrence or will it just stay random?[/quote] We agree that the last few windows were very steady! We're trying things a bit different for our next window and opening it on a weekend. We feel like this will give prospective registrants who have work or school during the week a chance to join in on the fun. As we've always stated, open registration is our end goal, and we feel we're continuing to get closer to that. :) The more frequent our registration windows become, the closer it comes to simulating what open reg might be like in regards to the stress that it puts on the server. [quote]Yesterday there was an update in the Site Status box informing us of updates to the encyclopedia articles of arena and boreal woods. The boreal update was obvious, what with the new enemies, but what has changed in the Arena?[/quote] The warcats had their unique loot updated to include the iron nuggets we released in a previous update. [quote]"They say" that two new breeds will be released every year-- is this still accurate? If not, is there a rough goal for breed releases?[/quote] It's a team goal, but may or may not be met depending on other priorities. New breeds are a lot of work, but they're a feature that we want to continue to expand! [quote]I have a question regarding the comic contest. Are we able to enter more than one submission?[/quote] One submission per player please. We have updated the announcement to reflect this. Thank you! [quote]How much fun are you guys having watching the site meltdown in glee over Baldwin's? Confess.[/quote] Maybe just a little bit... Honestly, we were just as excited, if not moreso, than you were that [i]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/i] was released. As many of you know, it has been a goal for our team for a long time, and it's awesome to finally get it out there for everyone to play with. [quote]Question about Baldwin: Does "RNG determines the color, transmuted item determines the type" mean that no other factors matter? I.e. the chances of each color are the same within each item type, regardless of the item's rarity or any other properties?[/quote] The rarity of the item being transmuted does not factor into the output compound. [quote]Hello! I have a specific question about Pearlcatcher lore and was directed to this thread since only Admins might know canon information beyond what is presented in the Encyclopedia and such. Pearlcatchers, once born, immediately consume their egg and later regurgitate a pearl. They maintain and grow the pearl by secreting mucus. My question is: from where do they secrete this mucus? My thought was perhaps it's secreted from a gland in/near their mouths and they use their tongues to transfer it onto the pearl. If there is a canon area from where this secretion takes place, though, I'd love to know :)[/quote] It's a combination of digestive fluids and minerals. They... regurgitate it... from their stomachs... Gross. Thankfully, they don't want anyone to touch their pearls anyway! [quote]Will the Wildclaw breed change scrolls cycle back in anytime soon? I know a few people who would be over the moon when the finally do come back in and it's been about a year since they were cycled out and there are a lot of newer players that would want Wildclaws.[/quote] We do intend to cycle Wildclaw scrolls into the Marketplace again in the future. [quote]Hello! Thanks for Baldwin, by the way (all of the admins), it's great. c: Anyway, as for the question... I understand that the first round of Baldwin items are now out, and they're all awesome, thank you! In the future, will the lower levels (1-5) gain items, or will all new recipes be for levels five or higher?[/quote] Chances are good that we will not only expand alchemy vertically, but horizontally as well. It all depends on the types of items being released! [quote]With how rapidly everything played out with yesterday's update, how rapidly are you planning on releasing more content for Baldwin's?[/quote] We have not settled on any definitive plans for the frequency of alchemy content, but are watching and discussing as time goes on. We want to allow some time for a greater number of our active players to catch up with the current alchemy cap. You guys have been alchemy powerhouses, so this is happening at a fairly good clip! [quote]Also, how are you guys? I always get worried about stress levels of admins on anything.[/quote] [br][center][img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/23b345acdf7f9639bf94bb9bbe8f8191/tumblr_ni1ck4XOGw1tvshcqo6_500.gif[/img][/center] [br][br] We're very busy but we're good, thank you for asking. :) We're excited for what's in store in the upcoming months!
Quote:
thank you for answering! nah, not the psd's, just bigger pics. i saw that some 500x500-ish watermarked versions that were posted on various tumblrs aaaaaages ago (ex. here here and here), and found a large crowned bonepriest image in the forums at some point, so i'd wondered if you guys had some kinda database thing for em or only posted them on request or something.

really i'd just like to see a larger fallout streak and steelhound because they both have itty bitty details that are not fun to attempt to draw :'D

If we ever decide upon an appropriate reason and venue to display these images at a larger size, it's a possibility!

Generally, releasing larger-than-game-size art coincides with news updates or features, such as you saw with the larger Loga art in the Baldwin's Bubbling Brew news post. Our artists will sometimes share their contributions at a larger size on their personal blogs and galleries after release as well.

Quote:
Do copper boots drop in golem workshop? They're not listed in the drops from there.

Yes. That appears to be an oversight in the wiki entry.

Quote:
The last two Reg windows went very smoothly are there any plans to make it a monthly occurrence or will it just stay random?

We agree that the last few windows were very steady! We're trying things a bit different for our next window and opening it on a weekend. We feel like this will give prospective registrants who have work or school during the week a chance to join in on the fun. As we've always stated, open registration is our end goal, and we feel we're continuing to get closer to that. :) The more frequent our registration windows become, the closer it comes to simulating what open reg might be like in regards to the stress that it puts on the server.

Quote:
Yesterday there was an update in the Site Status box informing us of updates to the encyclopedia articles of arena and boreal woods. The boreal update was obvious, what with the new enemies, but what has changed in the Arena?

The warcats had their unique loot updated to include the iron nuggets we released in a previous update.

Quote:
"They say" that two new breeds will be released every year-- is this still accurate? If not, is there a rough goal for breed releases?

It's a team goal, but may or may not be met depending on other priorities. New breeds are a lot of work, but they're a feature that we want to continue to expand!

Quote:
I have a question regarding the comic contest. Are we able to enter more than one submission?

One submission per player please. We have updated the announcement to reflect this. Thank you!

Quote:
How much fun are you guys having watching the site meltdown in glee over Baldwin's? Confess.

Maybe just a little bit... Honestly, we were just as excited, if not moreso, than you were that Baldwin's Bubbling Brew was released. As many of you know, it has been a goal for our team for a long time, and it's awesome to finally get it out there for everyone to play with.

Quote:
Question about Baldwin: Does "RNG determines the color, transmuted item determines the type" mean that no other factors matter? I.e. the chances of each color are the same within each item type, regardless of the item's rarity or any other properties?

The rarity of the item being transmuted does not factor into the output compound.

Quote:
Hello! I have a specific question about Pearlcatcher lore and was directed to this thread since only Admins might know canon information beyond what is presented in the Encyclopedia and such.

Pearlcatchers, once born, immediately consume their egg and later regurgitate a pearl. They maintain and grow the pearl by secreting mucus.

My question is: from where do they secrete this mucus? My thought was perhaps it's secreted from a gland in/near their mouths and they use their tongues to transfer it onto the pearl.

If there is a canon area from where this secretion takes place, though, I'd love to know :)

It's a combination of digestive fluids and minerals. They... regurgitate it... from their stomachs...

Gross.

Thankfully, they don't want anyone to touch their pearls anyway!

Quote:
Will the Wildclaw breed change scrolls cycle back in anytime soon? I know a few people who would be over the moon when the finally do come back in and it's been about a year since they were cycled out and there are a lot of newer players that would want Wildclaws.

We do intend to cycle Wildclaw scrolls into the Marketplace again in the future.

Quote:

Chances are good that we will not only expand alchemy vertically, but horizontally as well. It all depends on the types of items being released!

Quote:

We have not settled on any definitive plans for the frequency of alchemy content, but are watching and discussing as time goes on. We want to allow some time for a greater number of our active players to catch up with the current alchemy cap. You guys have been alchemy powerhouses, so this is happening at a fairly good clip!

Quote:

tumblr_ni1ck4XOGw1tvshcqo6_500.gif

We're very busy but we're good, thank you for asking. :) We're excited for what's in store in the upcoming months!

Since Pinkerton is always trying to clean out his and Crim's lair, will he now be sneaking items to Baldwin to transmute, in addition to offering them to players?
Since Pinkerton is always trying to clean out his and Crim's lair, will he now be sneaking items to Baldwin to transmute, in addition to offering them to players?
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Thanks for the Baldwin answer, it's great to be sure about it! [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-06-12 16:44:17]If we ever decide upon an appropriate reason and venue to display these images at a larger size, it's a possibility![/quote] As for the venue, there [i]is[/i] a Media section under the Library heading on the sidebar. I'm sure people would like to see more art there.
Thanks for the Baldwin answer, it's great to be sure about it!
Aequorin wrote on 2015-06-12:
If we ever decide upon an appropriate reason and venue to display these images at a larger size, it's a possibility!

As for the venue, there is a Media section under the Library heading on the sidebar. I'm sure people would like to see more art there.
I have a question.

You said in a previous question that It's a team goal to realease more (maybe) two new dragon breeds every year.

While that is exciting have having new breeds to play with, Aren't you guys worried about having another incident with the servers going out like with the night of the nocturn event
I have a question.

You said in a previous question that It's a team goal to realease more (maybe) two new dragon breeds every year.

While that is exciting have having new breeds to play with, Aren't you guys worried about having another incident with the servers going out like with the night of the nocturn event
U.D.A.T
Hi!

What does an upgraded account get you? How much is it and how do you upgrade your account?

Thanks!
Hi!

What does an upgraded account get you? How much is it and how do you upgrade your account?

Thanks!
Unsure of whether or not this has been addressed yet, however, is there any eta on the unicode issue? Or is that shelved into the "things that may get figured out eventually" folder? (What i'm talking about is: you see my signature? Those are all supposed to be hearts of various types. i.e. [img]http://s.mpserv.net/32090365faf31d62178e19d9f108c0f3.png[/img] is what it looks like when i go to edit it.)
Unsure of whether or not this has been addressed yet, however, is there any eta on the unicode issue? Or is that shelved into the "things that may get figured out eventually" folder?

(What i'm talking about is: you see my signature? Those are all supposed to be hearts of various types. i.e.
32090365faf31d62178e19d9f108c0f3.png is what it looks like when i go to edit it.)
💛💚💙💜❤️♥♡kytten♡♥❤️💜💙💚💛
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 753 754