Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 753 754
Question: Are festival chest drop rates higher in higher Coliseum venues, like the festival currency drop rates are?

Also @Dovalore Yes, there will be new breeds - we don't know what, but when Undel was livestreaming some art, we saw a big table of existing breeds with a bunch of spots blanked out to avoid spoilers, so. X3

And the Saturnalia is a site-wide thing:
  1. You get Sand Dollars by Gathering in Water and as Coliseum drops from Water and Neutral enemies, and you can turn them in in the Festive Favors shop (sidebar link) for special Water familiars/apparel.
  2. You get special event Chests by Digging in Water and as Coliseum drops (rarely) - they contain some of the skins/accents. And you can also buy the skins/accents in the Marketplace (they often get bought out super-fast in the first couple of days, but you should start seeing them later in the week.)
All this only lasts until rollover on Saturday!
There are also fun player-run forum events, like this! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1416897

In general, this is the kind of question you should probably ask in the Help forum instead of here, since questions here only get answered once a week on Fridays, and by that time the Saturnalia will be almost over.
Question: Are festival chest drop rates higher in higher Coliseum venues, like the festival currency drop rates are?

Also @Dovalore Yes, there will be new breeds - we don't know what, but when Undel was livestreaming some art, we saw a big table of existing breeds with a bunch of spots blanked out to avoid spoilers, so. X3

And the Saturnalia is a site-wide thing:
  1. You get Sand Dollars by Gathering in Water and as Coliseum drops from Water and Neutral enemies, and you can turn them in in the Festive Favors shop (sidebar link) for special Water familiars/apparel.
  2. You get special event Chests by Digging in Water and as Coliseum drops (rarely) - they contain some of the skins/accents. And you can also buy the skins/accents in the Marketplace (they often get bought out super-fast in the first couple of days, but you should start seeing them later in the week.)
All this only lasts until rollover on Saturday!
There are also fun player-run forum events, like this! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1416897

In general, this is the kind of question you should probably ask in the Help forum instead of here, since questions here only get answered once a week on Fridays, and by that time the Saturnalia will be almost over.
Where is the ruins of the elemental reactor from which the Arcanist was born?
I wonder if the ruins have survived.

I dunno if this question's been asked before, but I want to know.
Where is the ruins of the elemental reactor from which the Arcanist was born?
I wonder if the ruins have survived.

I dunno if this question's been asked before, but I want to know.
Will we ever be able to see Emperor breed?
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
I don't know if this is the right place for this but . . . . would it be possible to have the Random Dragon still appear at the top of the right hand column with the new Site Status (which is great, BTW) starting under it? (The most recent would always be visible)
I miss having a cool dragon be the first thing I see on the page -- so interesting to see all the different dragons.
Sorry if this isn't the place for this.
I don't know if this is the right place for this but . . . . would it be possible to have the Random Dragon still appear at the top of the right hand column with the new Site Status (which is great, BTW) starting under it? (The most recent would always be visible)
I miss having a cool dragon be the first thing I see on the page -- so interesting to see all the different dragons.
Sorry if this isn't the place for this.
Do you guys ever plan on fixing the wings on some of the dragon breeds? The wing in the front looks fine, but the one on the other side looks way too big.
Do you guys ever plan on fixing the wings on some of the dragon breeds? The wing in the front looks fine, but the one on the other side looks way too big.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
Is there a possibility that the recent posts that show up under a Clan Profile be linked to that specific post, not just the thread itself? I ask because sometimes I'm talking to a certain person and a day or two later I want to find that conversation again but when I click on the link it just takes me back to the thread and it's very time consuming to go through the entire thing just to find those couple posts (especially if there are 10+ pages).
Is there a possibility that the recent posts that show up under a Clan Profile be linked to that specific post, not just the thread itself? I ask because sometimes I'm talking to a certain person and a day or two later I want to find that conversation again but when I click on the link it just takes me back to the thread and it's very time consuming to go through the entire thing just to find those couple posts (especially if there are 10+ pages).
[quote]Png format for skins and accents. I asked it before in the help forum, but the only help someone was able to give me was "I've heard from other people" (which I was still very grateful for, but before gems are spent I'd like to make sure.) Long story short, you recommend gimp as one of the programs you can use to make skins and accents but also very specifically say that you need to submit a png24 format file. Neither Gimp, nor Krita (which is what I use) specify which kind of png their program saves as. Is that a problem?[/quote] We need png images that allow for partial transparency rather than 100% opaque 100% transparent. It's what allows a png to not have jagged edges and a transparent background, and is crucial for a skin or accent to be accepted and display properly. In Gimp, just make sure that you have an alpha channel and it should save as png correctly. [br][br] [quote]will there ever be new breeds?[/quote] We will continue to add new breeds throughout the life of [i]Flight Rising[/i]. [br][br] [quote]Question: Are festival chest drop rates higher in higher Coliseum venues, like the festival currency drop rates are? [/quote] Yes, though they are a more uncommon drop, so the trend will only be noticeable on a large scale. [br][br] [quote]Will we ever be able to see Emperor breed?[/quote] No. Emperor dragons are a monstrous disaster spawned from deceased [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=29][b]Imperial[/b][/url] dragons. They are not a breed capable of living among other dragons, frequently use multiple elements, are not technically alive, would not be tolerated by the deities, and are not able to reproduce. Saying they are not user-friendly is putting it lightly! [br][br] [quote]Do you guys ever plan on fixing the wings on some of the dragon breeds? The wing in the front looks fine, but the one on the other side looks way too big.[/quote] It is unlikely that we will make changes to breed artwork. Changing this art is simply not something that is practical with all the dragons, genes, user-created-skins, and apparel we have on-site. [br][br]
Quote:
Png format for skins and accents. I asked it before in the help forum, but the only help someone was able to give me was "I've heard from other people" (which I was still very grateful for, but before gems are spent I'd like to make sure.) Long story short, you recommend gimp as one of the programs you can use to make skins and accents but also very specifically say that you need to submit a png24 format file. Neither Gimp, nor Krita (which is what I use) specify which kind of png their program saves as. Is that a problem?

We need png images that allow for partial transparency rather than 100% opaque 100% transparent. It's what allows a png to not have jagged edges and a transparent background, and is crucial for a skin or accent to be accepted and display properly.

In Gimp, just make sure that you have an alpha channel and it should save as png correctly.

Quote:
will there ever be new breeds?

We will continue to add new breeds throughout the life of Flight Rising.

Quote:

Yes, though they are a more uncommon drop, so the trend will only be noticeable on a large scale.

Quote:

No. Emperor dragons are a monstrous disaster spawned from deceased Imperial dragons. They are not a breed capable of living among other dragons, frequently use multiple elements, are not technically alive, would not be tolerated by the deities, and are not able to reproduce. Saying they are not user-friendly is putting it lightly!

Quote:

It is unlikely that we will make changes to breed artwork. Changing this art is simply not something that is practical with all the dragons, genes, user-created-skins, and apparel we have on-site.

I have a few questions regarding the Coli revamp!

-Regarding the glitch where the first turn of battle is skipped, is it currently being addressed in the revamp? If not, is there currently investigation into fixing it or is it on the back burners right now?

-What will you use as the 'baseline' for dodge rates in transferring to the new AGI values? Will a dragon whose AGI is 5 right now see the exact same dodge rates in the new coli compared to right now, or will the dodge rate be increased for them?
I have a few questions regarding the Coli revamp!

-Regarding the glitch where the first turn of battle is skipped, is it currently being addressed in the revamp? If not, is there currently investigation into fixing it or is it on the back burners right now?

-What will you use as the 'baseline' for dodge rates in transferring to the new AGI values? Will a dragon whose AGI is 5 right now see the exact same dodge rates in the new coli compared to right now, or will the dodge rate be increased for them?
Why do MVPS have to be at least 18? That criterion seems like the 'odd one out' next to all the behaviour stuff.
Why do MVPS have to be at least 18? That criterion seems like the 'odd one out' next to all the behaviour stuff.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
I couldn't find the old news post that mentioned it; when did FR close registration?

Also there has been several calls within the WotW and within Suggestions forum to have the 'retiring items' poll redone with additional options for completeness sake (namely the option to retire all and retire none), will that be considered?
I couldn't find the old news post that mentioned it; when did FR close registration?

Also there has been several calls within the WotW and within Suggestions forum to have the 'retiring items' poll redone with additional options for completeness sake (namely the option to retire all and retire none), will that be considered?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 753 754