Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 753 754
what does XXY mean?
what does XXY mean?
@Tsuriruto
XXY means the first two colors are the same, like a dragon who's obsidian/obsidian/teal

And my question is:
About how big are dragon eggs? Do they differ by species? What about mixed nests?
@Tsuriruto
XXY means the first two colors are the same, like a dragon who's obsidian/obsidian/teal

And my question is:
About how big are dragon eggs? Do they differ by species? What about mixed nests?
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-04-10 15:44:03] [quote]Will there come a time where the daily rollover is reduced or eliminated? Half an hour every day for maintenance seems a bit long.[/quote] For the time being, it is unlikely that we will entirely eliminate the midnight rollover period. We feel that it is short enough to not provide a giant disruption, but long enough for us to administer development or infrastructural changes without site traffic. We actually do quite a bit of work during the rollover, as does our server![/quote] Thanks for answering my question! Are we allowed to make skins and accents based off of items on the site, or is that reserved only for contests? So say I wanted to make a skin based off of an aged tome, would that be allowed, or would my submission be rejected?
Aequorin wrote on 2015-04-10:
Quote:
Will there come a time where the daily rollover is reduced or eliminated? Half an hour every day for maintenance seems a bit long.

For the time being, it is unlikely that we will entirely eliminate the midnight rollover period. We feel that it is short enough to not provide a giant disruption, but long enough for us to administer development or infrastructural changes without site traffic. We actually do quite a bit of work during the rollover, as does our server!

Thanks for answering my question!

Are we allowed to make skins and accents based off of items on the site, or is that reserved only for contests? So say I wanted to make a skin based off of an aged tome, would that be allowed, or would my submission be rejected?
Does the sun rise in the east? Or from another direction?
Since the last registration window, how many players does Flight Rising now have in total?
Since the last registration window, how many players does Flight Rising now have in total?
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
Why can't I look at the Skydancer dragon enceclopedia?
I bought one but I don't know anything about him...
Why can't I look at the Skydancer dragon enceclopedia?
I bought one but I don't know anything about him...
[quote]Oh, another one - is there a reason why the art corrections are noted in the Site Status box, but the fix to the hatchling apparel thing wasn't?[/quote] This was unintended gameplay/an exploit, not a bug preventing use of a feature or mechanic. This exploit could only be recreated by intentionally manipulating pages and as such was never a "feature" that was changed. Exploits will be patched or fixed as needed and without notice. [br][br] [quote]I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've been interested in it for a while now. Would there ever be any chance that each flight would get a dom board, just like there's a sales board? There's usually a lot of dom-oriented things that clutter up the flight's main discussion board and it would be nice if there was a section for that so both dom-oriented and discussion-oriented things wouldn't be vying for space all the time. [/quote] We won't discount the possibility of adding more subforums in the future, but at this time we feel that there is not yet enough of a need for flight dominance forums separate from the main flight forum, as posts are not pushed down at a rate that makes the forums difficult to use. We would rather have fewer, highly utilized forums than many smaller forums that only get a post or two a day. [br][br] [quote]Art question here. Are certain gene inconsistencies going to eventually be fixed? Like how male imps lose the daub pattern on their mane/tail fluff, where babies and females both have it. Or was this done on purpose?[/quote] We are working to make sure that all our art works as intended. Please report any incorrect gene errors here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1012680We [br][br] [quote]Is there a reason for needing to wait five minutes before being able to refresh a dragon's image again?[/quote] This is a limitation to keep performance good and prevent abuse. [br][br] [quote]Are we allowed to make skins and accents based off of items on the site, or is that reserved only for contests? So say I wanted to make a skin based off of an aged tome, would that be allowed, or would my submission be rejected?[/quote] Making skins based off of our items is allowed. [br][br] [quote]Does the sun rise in the east? Or from another direction?[/quote] Sornieth has the same rotational direction as Earth, so sunrises happen in the east! [br][br] [quote]Since the last registration window, how many players does Flight Rising now have in total?[/quote] Around 19,000 new players joined us!
Quote:
Oh, another one - is there a reason why the art corrections are noted in the Site Status box, but the fix to the hatchling apparel thing wasn't?

This was unintended gameplay/an exploit, not a bug preventing use of a feature or mechanic. This exploit could only be recreated by intentionally manipulating pages and as such was never a "feature" that was changed. Exploits will be patched or fixed as needed and without notice.

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've been interested in it for a while now.

Would there ever be any chance that each flight would get a dom board, just like there's a sales board? There's usually a lot of dom-oriented things that clutter up the flight's main discussion board and it would be nice if there was a section for that so both dom-oriented and discussion-oriented things wouldn't be vying for space all the time.

We won't discount the possibility of adding more subforums in the future, but at this time we feel that there is not yet enough of a need for flight dominance forums separate from the main flight forum, as posts are not pushed down at a rate that makes the forums difficult to use. We would rather have fewer, highly utilized forums than many smaller forums that only get a post or two a day.

Quote:
Art question here.
Are certain gene inconsistencies going to eventually be fixed? Like how male imps lose the daub pattern on their mane/tail fluff, where babies and females both have it. Or was this done on purpose?

We are working to make sure that all our art works as intended. Please report any incorrect gene errors here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1012680We

Quote:
Is there a reason for needing to wait five minutes before being able to refresh a dragon's image again?

This is a limitation to keep performance good and prevent abuse.

Quote:
Are we allowed to make skins and accents based off of items on the site, or is that reserved only for contests? So say I wanted to make a skin based off of an aged tome, would that be allowed, or would my submission be rejected?

Making skins based off of our items is allowed.

Quote:

Sornieth has the same rotational direction as Earth, so sunrises happen in the east!

Quote:

Around 19,000 new players joined us!
@Aequorin can you fix the answered question links in the second post? Many of them are broken because they used old forum links.
@Aequorin can you fix the answered question links in the second post? Many of them are broken because they used old forum links.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
[quote name="CountofCasualty" date=2015-04-17 12:17:47] @Aequorin can you fix the answered question links in the second post? Many of them are broken because they used old forum links. [/quote] Jumping out of the established routine for a moment - @CountofCasualty, I'm leaving them as is for the time being for the engineers to use when working on this particular issue. I apologize for not stating so sooner.
CountofCasualty wrote on 2015-04-17:

Jumping out of the established routine for a moment - @CountofCasualty, I'm leaving them as is for the time being for the engineers to use when working on this particular issue. I apologize for not stating so sooner.
@Aequorin Thank you for letting us know!
@Aequorin Thank you for letting us know!
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 753 754