Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 753 754
I would love a search feature in the AH for age, so one can search just for adults or hatchlings— possibly one for RTB as well.
Sifting through pages upon pages of hatchlings can be tiring and frustrating.
I'm wondering if there has been talk of this being a possibility, because it would make things so much easier.
I would love a search feature in the AH for age, so one can search just for adults or hatchlings— possibly one for RTB as well.
I'm wondering if there has been talk of this being a possibility, because it would make things so much easier.
[quote name="vanadium" date=2015-10-01 19:44:45] I would love a search feature in the AH for age, so one can search just for adults or hatchlings— possibly one for RTB as well. Sifting through pages upon pages of hatchlings can be tiring and frustrating. I'm wondering if there has been talk of this being a possibility, because it would make things so much easier. [/quote] adding to this, a spectrum search where multiple color ranges could be searched at one time would be exceptional, especially in the advent of the color wheel expansion.
vanadium wrote on 2015-10-01:
adding to this, a spectrum search where multiple color ranges could be searched at one time would be exceptional, especially in the advent of the color wheel expansion.
tumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko4_100.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko3_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko2_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko1_250.png
Are the Deity accounts able to change Flights? Can the Deity dragons be exalted/sold/moved off their accounts? Or would the site just break in two if that happened?

It was an odd thought that popped into my head about how functional the deities are in relation to site mechanics. Just curious, certainly not planning anything malicious, hohohoho~

All shall succumb to the Plague.
Are the Deity accounts able to change Flights? Can the Deity dragons be exalted/sold/moved off their accounts? Or would the site just break in two if that happened?

It was an odd thought that popped into my head about how functional the deities are in relation to site mechanics. Just curious, certainly not planning anything malicious, hohohoho~

All shall succumb to the Plague.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
I've noticed that the font colour in dragon bios has been changed back to the old orange-brown on your own dragons' bios. Was that a mistake and/or are you going to change it back to black?
I've noticed that the font colour in dragon bios has been changed back to the old orange-brown on your own dragons' bios. Was that a mistake and/or are you going to change it back to black?
It was mentioned before that dragons born in the water flight gain a special water skill.
From being able to swim, breath underwater and fish.

How does this blessing of water show itself with ridgebacks who are know to avoid all types of water that is not contained in the fish they are eating?
It was mentioned before that dragons born in the water flight gain a special water skill.
From being able to swim, breath underwater and fish.

How does this blessing of water show itself with ridgebacks who are know to avoid all types of water that is not contained in the fish they are eating?
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
[quote]Give us some tiny, one-word, context-free spoilers for future site content? I love to see the community getting hyped trying to guess what's coming up.[/quote] [LIST][*]Glow [*]Petals [*]Sneaky [*]Hermit[/LIST] [br][br][quote]Will the Dragon ID numbers continue to grow until they extend off the page (eventually) or will there be a new dragon ID system employed?[/quote] In theory, yes. In practice, it will never happen. Each new digit added -from 10's of millions, to 100's of millions, to billions, to 10's of billions- is more difficult to reach than the previous one. How long it will take to reach a billion dragons? A long long time! (after 2 years we are 1.7% there), Now we have to reach a billion dragons 9 more times before we can have 10 billion. How long it will take to reach 10 billion? It would be quite a haul! Now do that 10 more times before we can reach 100 billion... etc. For numbers to reach off the page, we'd need many many many lifetimes and the entire population of Earth doing nothing but breeding dragons anytime they're off cooldown! ...if that ever happened, we would hope our descendent would opt to truncate the numbers... [br][br][quote] I quite enjoy watching the timelapse artwork on your youtube page. Having watched them all I'm wondering if you plans to put more on? Maybe one of the familiars from the Crystal Pools?[/quote] For a time lapse to be produced, the artist would need to record their screen as they draw. Familiars from the Crystal Pools have already been completed and do not have recordings. We will certainly be thinking about recording a time lapse in the future! [br][br][quote] When items are removed from Swipp's rotation, is there a criteria to it? Like how long is an item usually in the swap rotation before it's considered for removal?[/quote] At present we don't remove items from Swipp's rotation due to length of time they have been there. We're removing items that can be obtained in other ways. When Swipp was first launched, many of the items he traded could simply be purchased from the treasure marketplace or obtained from the coliseum for much less cost/time than trading Swipp the ingredients. We've made an effort to ensure that new items added to Swipp are either material upgrades, or unique to his Swapp Stand so that there is a good reason to trade with him. We've been working on removing many of Swipp's non-uniques and replacing them with new content. For example, you can expect to see things like the Radioactive Slime, Fallout Streak, and Runic Bat leaving his rotation down the line. (don't worry though: these guys can easily be gotten from chests/marketplace/coli!) [br][br][quote]Is the difficulty of the crystal pools being higher than the harpy's roost intentional? Are there plans to fix this, either by nerfing the enemies or moving the venue? [/quote] Harpy's Roost is now a level 22 venue, but it has level 21 monsters in it as it previously spanned 21-22. We will be changing the 21 monsters to level 22 in a future update very soon. When this happens, the venues will have a progression that is more in line with the level of the venue. [br][br][quote] When lairs hoardsell their stuff, where does it go? Who buys it? (It's Crim isn't it.)[/quote] [list][*]They could be being sold to other NPC dragon clans. [*]They could be being sold to the exalted dragons to provision their researchers, scribes, spies, medics, and warriors on the dominance warfront. [*]They could be sold to provision exalted dragons who maintain their flight's lands. [*]They could be sold to beastclans that your clan is allied with. [*]They could be sold to the courier dragons. [*]They could be sold to merchant caravans that travel between territories. [*]They could be sold to Crim...[/list] There are so many places the items could go that we welcome players to come up with their own ideas regarding what their clans do with their excess reserves and trade goods! The decision of who your clan trades with is up to your clan, after all! [br][br][quote]Why do the nesting grounds refer to nests as '3/3 eggs healthy'--are there ever any unhealthy eggs? In a similar vein, why does my account include 'eggs discarded 0'--is there a way to discard eggs? I've given away at least one egg. [/quote] When [i]Flight Rising[/i] was first released, there was a mechanic called "egg rot" where eggs had a chance to rot and die if you did not incubate daily. It was decided that this mechanic was punishing to players who could not log in daily and was removed. It was possible to have some healthy and some rotten eggs, so that's what the healthy egg count was. If all of your eggs rotted, you could discard the nest. When we update the nesting grounds page to the new codebase on www1 we will be correcting this remaining text. [br][br][quote] I'm Wondering if any of the admins play video games. If so what is your favorite system excluding the new systems.[/quote] [b]Aequorin: [/b]All hail the glorious-- erm...PC. [b]Undel: [/b]PS2. It had a huge library and I spent the most time gaming on this system of any of them. [b]Xhaztol:[/b] Wii. Lots of party games and good memories. [br][br][quote] Hm, what does swipp choose to do with the items that are procured for trades? ;;[/quote] He trades them to other merchants for even more deals!
Quote:
Give us some tiny, one-word, context-free spoilers for future site content? I love to see the community getting hyped trying to guess what's coming up.
  • Glow
  • Petals
  • Sneaky
  • Hermit

Quote:
Will the Dragon ID numbers continue to grow until they extend off the page (eventually) or will there be a new dragon ID system employed?

In theory, yes.

In practice, it will never happen. Each new digit added -from 10's of millions, to 100's of millions, to billions, to 10's of billions- is more difficult to reach than the previous one. How long it will take to reach a billion dragons? A long long time! (after 2 years we are 1.7% there), Now we have to reach a billion dragons 9 more times before we can have 10 billion. How long it will take to reach 10 billion? It would be quite a haul! Now do that 10 more times before we can reach 100 billion... etc.

For numbers to reach off the page, we'd need many many many lifetimes and the entire population of Earth doing nothing but breeding dragons anytime they're off cooldown! ...if that ever happened, we would hope our descendent would opt to truncate the numbers...

Quote:
I quite enjoy watching the timelapse artwork on your youtube page. Having watched them all I'm wondering if you plans to put more on? Maybe one of the familiars from the Crystal Pools?

For a time lapse to be produced, the artist would need to record their screen as they draw. Familiars from the Crystal Pools have already been completed and do not have recordings. We will certainly be thinking about recording a time lapse in the future!

Quote:
When items are removed from Swipp's rotation, is there a criteria to it? Like how long is an item usually in the swap rotation before it's considered for removal?

At present we don't remove items from Swipp's rotation due to length of time they have been there. We're removing items that can be obtained in other ways.

When Swipp was first launched, many of the items he traded could simply be purchased from the treasure marketplace or obtained from the coliseum for much less cost/time than trading Swipp the ingredients. We've made an effort to ensure that new items added to Swipp are either material upgrades, or unique to his Swapp Stand so that there is a good reason to trade with him.

We've been working on removing many of Swipp's non-uniques and replacing them with new content. For example, you can expect to see things like the Radioactive Slime, Fallout Streak, and Runic Bat leaving his rotation down the line. (don't worry though: these guys can easily be gotten from chests/marketplace/coli!)

Quote:
Is the difficulty of the crystal pools being higher than the harpy's roost intentional? Are there plans to fix this, either by nerfing the enemies or moving the venue?

Harpy's Roost is now a level 22 venue, but it has level 21 monsters in it as it previously spanned 21-22. We will be changing the 21 monsters to level 22 in a future update very soon. When this happens, the venues will have a progression that is more in line with the level of the venue.

Quote:
When lairs hoardsell their stuff, where does it go? Who buys it? (It's Crim isn't it.)
  • They could be being sold to other NPC dragon clans.
  • They could be being sold to the exalted dragons to provision their researchers, scribes, spies, medics, and warriors on the dominance warfront.
  • They could be sold to provision exalted dragons who maintain their flight's lands.
  • They could be sold to beastclans that your clan is allied with.
  • They could be sold to the courier dragons.
  • They could be sold to merchant caravans that travel between territories.
  • They could be sold to Crim...

There are so many places the items could go that we welcome players to come up with their own ideas regarding what their clans do with their excess reserves and trade goods! The decision of who your clan trades with is up to your clan, after all!

Quote:
Why do the nesting grounds refer to nests as '3/3 eggs healthy'--are there ever any unhealthy eggs?
In a similar vein, why does my account include 'eggs discarded 0'--is there a way to discard eggs? I've given away at least one egg.

When Flight Rising was first released, there was a mechanic called "egg rot" where eggs had a chance to rot and die if you did not incubate daily. It was decided that this mechanic was punishing to players who could not log in daily and was removed. It was possible to have some healthy and some rotten eggs, so that's what the healthy egg count was. If all of your eggs rotted, you could discard the nest.

When we update the nesting grounds page to the new codebase on www1 we will be correcting this remaining text.

Quote:
I'm Wondering if any of the admins play video games.
If so what is your favorite system excluding the new systems.

Aequorin: All hail the glorious-- erm...PC.
Undel: PS2. It had a huge library and I spent the most time gaming on this system of any of them.
Xhaztol: Wii. Lots of party games and good memories.

Quote:
Hm, what does swipp choose to do with the items that are procured for trades? ;;

He trades them to other merchants for even more deals!
I just noticed this today! Dragon's eye color matches their flight alignment, but the same is not true of the creatures we run into in the coliseum! I'm assuming that's for artistic reasons (but it's gonna bug me!)
I just noticed this today! Dragon's eye color matches their flight alignment, but the same is not true of the creatures we run into in the coliseum! I'm assuming that's for artistic reasons (but it's gonna bug me!)
EEBA057-B-0307-4125-9-FF4-E796-D4-E4-EA59.jpg
How do the dragons perceive accents and skins? Ie, when Swipp gives away accents/skins, what is he seeing?
How do the dragons perceive accents and skins? Ie, when Swipp gives away accents/skins, what is he seeing?
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
What are the admin's favorite genes? What breed of dragon do they like seeing it on?
What are the admin's favorite genes? What breed of dragon do they like seeing it on?
LWDw43p.png
Wi there ever be a kind of "contact lens" apparel to make a dragon's eyes of a different flight color? The color may not be spot on, looking a little fake, but still, it's a cool idea. Along with this could be blind-eyes contacts, etc...

Also, where do the various dragon genes hail from? I assume Clown is Plague, Vip/Hyp is Shadow, Rip/Current is Water, Smoke is wind... Where are others from?
Wi there ever be a kind of "contact lens" apparel to make a dragon's eyes of a different flight color? The color may not be spot on, looking a little fake, but still, it's a cool idea. Along with this could be blind-eyes contacts, etc...

Also, where do the various dragon genes hail from? I assume Clown is Plague, Vip/Hyp is Shadow, Rip/Current is Water, Smoke is wind... Where are others from?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 753 754