Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 753 754
is there an idea of when the next registration widow will open for new members? I have a few friends who are very interested in joining.
is there an idea of when the next registration widow will open for new members? I have a few friends who are very interested in joining.
There's currently three coliseum monsters (that I'm aware of) that don't drop their own familiars: Wandering Surge Priest, Fan Scorpion and Fallen Streak. Is there a reason for these three to be an exception to the possibility of collecting a familiar of them, lore-wise, or is this eventually going to be addressed so they get familiars someday?

Thanks!
There's currently three coliseum monsters (that I'm aware of) that don't drop their own familiars: Wandering Surge Priest, Fan Scorpion and Fallen Streak. Is there a reason for these three to be an exception to the possibility of collecting a familiar of them, lore-wise, or is this eventually going to be addressed so they get familiars someday?

Thanks!
gYzuoZS.png
Is there a plan to make bonding with familiars slightly less tedious? I know a majority of the site often has problems cycling through their familiars everytime to give them a little love and the internet is sometimes a bother for us to go through all of them.

Not suggesting an all-bond button but maybe perhaps including the bondings in the beastiary for easier access?

Also perhaps is there any plan to include how many of said familiars we have in the beastiary itself? I find that it would be much easier than going through pages amongst pages ((For those of us that have so many familiars from coli grinding))
Is there a plan to make bonding with familiars slightly less tedious? I know a majority of the site often has problems cycling through their familiars everytime to give them a little love and the internet is sometimes a bother for us to go through all of them.

Not suggesting an all-bond button but maybe perhaps including the bondings in the beastiary for easier access?

Also perhaps is there any plan to include how many of said familiars we have in the beastiary itself? I find that it would be much easier than going through pages amongst pages ((For those of us that have so many familiars from coli grinding))
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
Question about the recent mass hatching as everyone attempted to be the user to hatch dragon 11,111,111. According to a thread in the general discussion, it looks like at least three dragons went missing during the baby boom: 11111112, 11111120, and 11111132.

What's also creepypasta, is they are all obsidian/obsidian/green(leaf?) circuit, lightning element spirals (if you plug those ID#'s into the foresee progeny in the workshop).

What's up with these? Did someone in lightning loose an entire nest? Are there more missing dragons? Are they all obsidian/obsidian/green(leaf?) circuit, lightning element spirals? Is there a ghost in the Flight Rising servers? WERE THEY EXALTED TO AN UNKNOWN 12TH DEITY?
Question about the recent mass hatching as everyone attempted to be the user to hatch dragon 11,111,111. According to a thread in the general discussion, it looks like at least three dragons went missing during the baby boom: 11111112, 11111120, and 11111132.

What's also creepypasta, is they are all obsidian/obsidian/green(leaf?) circuit, lightning element spirals (if you plug those ID#'s into the foresee progeny in the workshop).

What's up with these? Did someone in lightning loose an entire nest? Are there more missing dragons? Are they all obsidian/obsidian/green(leaf?) circuit, lightning element spirals? Is there a ghost in the Flight Rising servers? WERE THEY EXALTED TO AN UNKNOWN 12TH DEITY?
This thread is for questions only. Discussion posts will be removed, even if a question is thrown in at the end in an attempt to get around the rules for this thread. I'll be editing the first post to reflect this shortly. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
This thread is for questions only. Discussion posts will be removed, even if a question is thrown in at the end in an attempt to get around the rules for this thread. I'll be editing the first post to reflect this shortly. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Assuming the admin have play accounts as well as their administration accounts, how long do admin spend each week playing FR like a regular user?

What are your account stats? (Like, eggs hatched, total treasure/most treasure at one time, etc...)
Assuming the admin have play accounts as well as their administration accounts, how long do admin spend each week playing FR like a regular user?

What are your account stats? (Like, eggs hatched, total treasure/most treasure at one time, etc...)
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Oop I have another curious question and I know someone asked it before on here.

Are the admins considering adding more colors to the color wheel sometime in the future?
Oop I have another curious question and I know someone asked it before on here.

Are the admins considering adding more colors to the color wheel sometime in the future?
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
[quote]Is the Arena a big fight zone where Longnecks and dragons willingly show up to battle?[/quote] The Longneck Beastclan and their allies hold this territory as a matter of honor and a way to test their mettle against dragon clans who accept their invitation to engage in combat. Of course, a few uninvited guests arrive from time to time! [br][br] [quote]How is time seen in Sornieth? Is one Sornieth-day and year equal to Earth time? How many decades/centuries/millennia have passed since the Third Age?[/quote] For purposes of gameplay, Sornieth days and years are about on par with Earth time, as this makes them more relatable to players. However, dragons grow from a hatchling to an adult in a matter of weeks, so while the calendar year is taken into account with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=13][b]Flight Holidays[/b][/url] and the like, lorewise, many measurements are considerably longer. [br][br] [quote]Has the Arcanist ever considered literally ascending into space to observe it directly?[/quote] He's tried a time or two, but after the whole [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=12][b]Pillar[/b][/url]-shattering situation and the eyes of his followers upon him, he's been playing it a bit more safely by observing and augmenting his telescopes. [br][br] [quote]Are Emperors well-known to the Beastclans?[/quote] Emperors are a fright to Beastclans and dragonkind alike. Though it is more likely to encounter an Emperor in a battle between dragons, the Beastclans know to avoid gatherings of war-ready Imperials. However, it should be noted that the creation of an Emperor is a relatively rare event. Most Beastclans know of them only through cautionary tales and not through first-hand experience. [br][br] [quote]If dragons from different Flights can Gather around Sornieth, are there no strictly maintained borders, and dragons just go by "where this deity's magical influece ends and this one's begins"?[/quote] That's a valid way of thinking about it! The zones themselves are very influenced by the magical element of the reigning Deity and their protected shard of the Pillar; the changes in both magical fields and the landscape itself are dead giveaways that one is approaching a "border". [br][br] [quote]I think it's great that you included the disclaimer! It would be awesome if that opened up more possibilities for player submitted content. In any case it's going to be helpful to have for sure. Also, I've recently wondered why some of the items in our hoards stack, but not others. Food, Materials, Battle and Other have stacking items, but Familiars, Apparel and Skins don't. Why not? Is there a particular reason for that?[/quote] We opted to not stack items that have higher inherent value. Because food and trinkets generally have very low value when compared to everything else, and are generally consumed or sold in mass quantities, we made the decision to have them stack so that you didn't have a hundred tabs of food after a few days of gathering. On the other hand: things like skins, apparel, and familiars, which players generally have fewer of, and that have a little more value (or are used by our equipment system) were made to not stack so that players could be more careful and conscious with how they were handled. We kinda took a note from games that we as developers have played over the years and used that as a baseline. We thought that it made sense to use a standard if it worked, as it would help the majority of our players adjust to [i]Flight Rising[/i]'s inventory system easier. Good question! [br][br] [quote]There's currently three coliseum monsters (that I'm aware of) that don't drop their own familiars: Wandering Surge Priest, Fan Scorpion and Fallen Streak. Is there a reason for these three to be an exception to the possibility of collecting a familiar of them, lore-wise, or is this eventually going to be addressed so they get familiars someday? Thanks![/quote] It's possible that one day we may implement familiar drops for these enemies, but there aren't any current plans for it. Those monsters were created in the early days of [i]Flight Rising[/i] and were a hue shift on our animated sprite rather than a completely new animation for the second color variant. We simply didn't choose to at the time, and haven't made the decision to change that. [br][br] [quote]Is there a plan to make bonding with familiars slightly less tedious? I know a majority of the site often has problems cycling through their familiars everytime to give them a little love and the internet is sometimes a bother for us to go through all of them. Not suggesting an all-bond button but maybe perhaps including the bondings in the beastiary for easier access? Also perhaps is there any plan to include how many of said familiars we have in the beastiary itself? I find that it would be much easier than going through pages amongst pages ((For those of us that have so many familiars from coli grinding))[/quote] At this time, there aren't any plans to make alterations to the Familiar Bonding system. The philosophy is that earning rewards from familiars is a optional activity, and we'd like there to be a reward for making the time to spend with them. There's certainly room for the activity to be a little more interesting, and it's something I can pass along. We probably wouldn't implement a counter for familiar duplicates in the Bestiary itself (it exists in the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=market][b]Marketplace[/b][/url] for reference) for performance reasons, but I can't comment either way as it's something that hasn't really been discussed. [br][br]
Quote:
Is the Arena a big fight zone where Longnecks and dragons willingly show up to battle?

The Longneck Beastclan and their allies hold this territory as a matter of honor and a way to test their mettle against dragon clans who accept their invitation to engage in combat. Of course, a few uninvited guests arrive from time to time!

Quote:
How is time seen in Sornieth? Is one Sornieth-day and year equal to Earth time? How many decades/centuries/millennia have passed since the Third Age?

For purposes of gameplay, Sornieth days and years are about on par with Earth time, as this makes them more relatable to players. However, dragons grow from a hatchling to an adult in a matter of weeks, so while the calendar year is taken into account with Flight Holidays and the like, lorewise, many measurements are considerably longer.

Quote:
Has the Arcanist ever considered literally ascending into space to observe it directly?

He's tried a time or two, but after the whole Pillar-shattering situation and the eyes of his followers upon him, he's been playing it a bit more safely by observing and augmenting his telescopes.

Quote:
Are Emperors well-known to the Beastclans?

Emperors are a fright to Beastclans and dragonkind alike. Though it is more likely to encounter an Emperor in a battle between dragons, the Beastclans know to avoid gatherings of war-ready Imperials.

However, it should be noted that the creation of an Emperor is a relatively rare event. Most Beastclans know of them only through cautionary tales and not through first-hand experience.

Quote:
If dragons from different Flights can Gather around Sornieth, are there no strictly maintained borders, and dragons just go by "where this deity's magical influece ends and this one's begins"?

That's a valid way of thinking about it! The zones themselves are very influenced by the magical element of the reigning Deity and their protected shard of the Pillar; the changes in both magical fields and the landscape itself are dead giveaways that one is approaching a "border".

Quote:
I think it's great that you included the disclaimer! It would be awesome if that opened up more possibilities for player submitted content. In any case it's going to be helpful to have for sure.

Also, I've recently wondered why some of the items in our hoards stack, but not others. Food, Materials, Battle and Other have stacking items, but Familiars, Apparel and Skins don't. Why not? Is there a particular reason for that?

We opted to not stack items that have higher inherent value. Because food and trinkets generally have very low value when compared to everything else, and are generally consumed or sold in mass quantities, we made the decision to have them stack so that you didn't have a hundred tabs of food after a few days of gathering.

On the other hand: things like skins, apparel, and familiars, which players generally have fewer of, and that have a little more value (or are used by our equipment system) were made to not stack so that players could be more careful and conscious with how they were handled.

We kinda took a note from games that we as developers have played over the years and used that as a baseline. We thought that it made sense to use a standard if it worked, as it would help the majority of our players adjust to Flight Rising's inventory system easier. Good question!

Quote:

Thanks!

It's possible that one day we may implement familiar drops for these enemies, but there aren't any current plans for it. Those monsters were created in the early days of Flight Rising and were a hue shift on our animated sprite rather than a completely new animation for the second color variant. We simply didn't choose to at the time, and haven't made the decision to change that.

Quote:

At this time, there aren't any plans to make alterations to the Familiar Bonding system. The philosophy is that earning rewards from familiars is a optional activity, and we'd like there to be a reward for making the time to spend with them. There's certainly room for the activity to be a little more interesting, and it's something I can pass along.

We probably wouldn't implement a counter for familiar duplicates in the Bestiary itself (it exists in the Marketplace for reference) for performance reasons, but I can't comment either way as it's something that hasn't really been discussed.

Is there a fix in the works for the tiny Nocturne bug that reverts Nocs to hatchling size upon breeding? :o I know that Skydancers had the same problem and that it was eventually fixed, I was curious to see if you guys had an ETA for that!

EDIT: Thought of another one--Is the staff planning on fixing the item gathering discrepancies any time soon? I have a ton of friends who joined in recent registration windows that have found more rare items with lower gathering levels (namely familiars such as the Manticore, Dappled Dunhoof, etc) within their first few months of being here than some of my other friends and I have in our soon-to-be two years on this site. I haven't been able to scavenge more than one egg since i hit level 20. Many people have raised concerns about how the current gathering system locks players with higher gathering levels out of being able to get these rare items, when logically it should be the other way around. Shouldn't higher gathering levels improve a player's chance at finding these rare items rather than accidentally punish them for using these gathering disciplines?
Is there a fix in the works for the tiny Nocturne bug that reverts Nocs to hatchling size upon breeding? :o I know that Skydancers had the same problem and that it was eventually fixed, I was curious to see if you guys had an ETA for that!

EDIT: Thought of another one--Is the staff planning on fixing the item gathering discrepancies any time soon? I have a ton of friends who joined in recent registration windows that have found more rare items with lower gathering levels (namely familiars such as the Manticore, Dappled Dunhoof, etc) within their first few months of being here than some of my other friends and I have in our soon-to-be two years on this site. I haven't been able to scavenge more than one egg since i hit level 20. Many people have raised concerns about how the current gathering system locks players with higher gathering levels out of being able to get these rare items, when logically it should be the other way around. Shouldn't higher gathering levels improve a player's chance at finding these rare items rather than accidentally punish them for using these gathering disciplines?
ck7gGet.png
Is the Shade a wandering, sentient being or some kind of black hole, magic-eating thing?

Come to think of it, is there any more significant amount of Shade left in space to pose a danger to anything?

If the Shade devours anything in its path, shouldn't dragons be able to see giant, empty groups of starless space in Sornieth's sky?

Could the Shade ever concentrate enough to pose another world-eating threat to Sornieth?
Is the Shade a wandering, sentient being or some kind of black hole, magic-eating thing?

Come to think of it, is there any more significant amount of Shade left in space to pose a danger to anything?

If the Shade devours anything in its path, shouldn't dragons be able to see giant, empty groups of starless space in Sornieth's sky?

Could the Shade ever concentrate enough to pose another world-eating threat to Sornieth?
NN9NPXA.png
Tl1dGxE.png
rfNTdyQ.png
jt3PpxV.png YmkjgGR.gif
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 753 754