Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hey Shadow....
1 2 3 4 5
So, Night of the Nocturne happens, and Shady Lady immediately begins throwing goodies at me. Familiars. Eggs. A Noct scroll on Christmas Eve. More familiars. More eggs... most of which are hatching gorgeous dragons (have you seen my avi? Have you? banana/ivory/ivory *swoon*)

So I start thinking to myself that maybe, just maybe, She is trying to tempt me. To convince me to venture forth from Light and make a 6-month expedition to Shadow; to see how the other half lives, as it were.

She knows my heart belongs to Light; She also knows I love to travel and explore.

The temptation continues. Goodies, so many goodies. My certainty grows, but I need a Sign.

So, I asked for a very particular Sign. One more Noct scroll.

She gave it to me, yesterday, in the last bunch of chests I farmed up in the coli.

So! It looks like I'm saving my gems for a Flight change! XD

It might take a little while, and in the meantime I thought I'd see if I can't get a little info about where I'm going.

So, tell me all about Shadow, pleaseandthanks!
So, Night of the Nocturne happens, and Shady Lady immediately begins throwing goodies at me. Familiars. Eggs. A Noct scroll on Christmas Eve. More familiars. More eggs... most of which are hatching gorgeous dragons (have you seen my avi? Have you? banana/ivory/ivory *swoon*)

So I start thinking to myself that maybe, just maybe, She is trying to tempt me. To convince me to venture forth from Light and make a 6-month expedition to Shadow; to see how the other half lives, as it were.

She knows my heart belongs to Light; She also knows I love to travel and explore.

The temptation continues. Goodies, so many goodies. My certainty grows, but I need a Sign.

She gave it to me, yesterday, in the last bunch of chests I farmed up in the coli.

So! It looks like I'm saving my gems for a Flight change! XD

It might take a little while, and in the meantime I thought I'd see if I can't get a little info about where I'm going.

So, tell me all about Shadow, pleaseandthanks!
I'm really bad at describing things like this but

We are by and large a friendly bunch. I'm more active in the Skype chat than on the forums, but there are a lot of in jokes and gift bombardments. We are a close knit group despite our size, and we look out for our own. I've seen shadow be nothing but welcoming in my time here.

I've seen tensions rise between folks and they were always solved amiably; I've never seen a disagreement left unchecked to leave folks upset.

On the forum side, we definitely like our games. There are lots of forum games to play, and a lot of gamers to play with if you have steam or whatnot. There are certainly a lot of folks to nerd out with as well, if that's your thing.
I'm really bad at describing things like this but

We are by and large a friendly bunch. I'm more active in the Skype chat than on the forums, but there are a lot of in jokes and gift bombardments. We are a close knit group despite our size, and we look out for our own. I've seen shadow be nothing but welcoming in my time here.

I've seen tensions rise between folks and they were always solved amiably; I've never seen a disagreement left unchecked to leave folks upset.

On the forum side, we definitely like our games. There are lots of forum games to play, and a lot of gamers to play with if you have steam or whatnot. There are certainly a lot of folks to nerd out with as well, if that's your thing.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
I just joined Shadow about a month ago but it's pretty fun! There's always a few donation threads running to help out people who need food or lair expansions, and threads tend to update at a good rate. I've never been in another flight so I don't know how much of that is. There's a thread over here that's got some Shadow people in it if you want to know more.
I just joined Shadow about a month ago but it's pretty fun! There's always a few donation threads running to help out people who need food or lair expansions, and threads tend to update at a good rate. I've never been in another flight so I don't know how much of that is. There's a thread over here that's got some Shadow people in it if you want to know more.
n2PHQa3.png
[quote name="Svae" date="2015-01-05 17:59:22"] So, I asked for a very particular Sign. One more Noct scroll. [i]She gave it to me, [/i]yesterday, in the last bunch of chests I farmed up in the coli.[/quote] We give nothing... one must earn such a boon... Of course, a clan that possesses the cunning to trick, uncover, and slay so many mimics would make a worthy addition to The Tangled Wood...
Svae wrote on 2015-01-05 17:59:22:

We give nothing... one must earn such a boon... Of course, a clan that possesses the cunning to trick, uncover, and slay so many mimics would make a worthy addition to The Tangled Wood...
[quote name="Shadowbinder" date="2015-01-05 18:34:27"][quote name="Svae" date="2015-01-05 17:59:22"] So, I asked for a very particular Sign. One more Noct scroll. [i]She gave it to me, [/i]yesterday, in the last bunch of chests I farmed up in the coli.[/quote] We give nothing... one must earn such a boon... Of course, a clan that possesses the cunning to trick, uncover, and slay so many mimics would make a worthy addition to The Tangled Wood...[/quote] Wait, are you trying to bribe someone into joining Shadow?
Shadowbinder wrote on 2015-01-05 18:34:27:
Svae wrote on 2015-01-05 17:59:22:

We give nothing... one must earn such a boon... Of course, a clan that possesses the cunning to trick, uncover, and slay so many mimics would make a worthy addition to The Tangled Wood...

Wait, are you trying to bribe someone into joining Shadow?
c54e359c-32d6-11e7-9e0e-bd52535d0e35.gif
bRUH
bRUH
April14.png
@Svae You're not the only one. I arrived a week late to this event but I had SO much fun (could not stop laughing at those butt-rock-plants even when I was offline) that it's really endeared me to the Shadowbinder's character and the concept of her Flight as a whole. I didn't even really get much loot ([s]unless the TRUE loot was... the laughs we had along the way[/s]) but I want to have this much fun on FR ALL the time. I don't want that feeling like I'm playing a game that is itself a joke within another game where even the prizes I "win" are trolling me for a laugh to stop now that NotN is over. Like I was just saying in another thread: [quote]...it seems [i]so like Shadowbinder[/i] to do something this way: where 99% of chests you get are essentially joke chests. It's exactly the kind of trick I think she would pull, and I've been amused the entire time I've been grinding thinking about how trolled my Light clan would feel digging up 2000+ chests only to find that all but about 20 of them contain only a single plant that looks like a rock in the shape of a butt.[/quote] I know, and completely understand, that a lot of users found how this event played frustrating, but I loved the challenge of it~! I feel like I really [i]earned[/i] my Nocturnes with all those chests I had to murder to get their eggs. I was never not having fun, even though it wasn't until the 500-ish chest that I finally got an egg. I wouldn't be surprised if the Shadow Flight has been getting, and will continue to get, an influx of new members because of this event. I haven't yet decided if I will be one of them, but I feel pretty well seduced by shadow right now. [b]EDIT:[/b] LMAO, what? of course the Shadowbinder herself ninjas me while I'm typing, awkward...
@Svae

You're not the only one. I arrived a week late to this event but I had SO much fun (could not stop laughing at those butt-rock-plants even when I was offline) that it's really endeared me to the Shadowbinder's character and the concept of her Flight as a whole. I didn't even really get much loot (unless the TRUE loot was... the laughs we had along the way) but I want to have this much fun on FR ALL the time. I don't want that feeling like I'm playing a game that is itself a joke within another game where even the prizes I "win" are trolling me for a laugh to stop now that NotN is over.

Like I was just saying in another thread:
Quote:
...it seems so like Shadowbinder to do something this way: where 99% of chests you get are essentially joke chests. It's exactly the kind of trick I think she would pull, and I've been amused the entire time I've been grinding thinking about how trolled my Light clan would feel digging up 2000+ chests only to find that all but about 20 of them contain only a single plant that looks like a rock in the shape of a butt.

I know, and completely understand, that a lot of users found how this event played frustrating, but I loved the challenge of it~! I feel like I really earned my Nocturnes with all those chests I had to murder to get their eggs. I was never not having fun, even though it wasn't until the 500-ish chest that I finally got an egg.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Shadow Flight has been getting, and will continue to get, an influx of new members because of this event. I haven't yet decided if I will be one of them, but I feel pretty well seduced by shadow right now.

EDIT: LMAO, what? of course the Shadowbinder herself ninjas me while I'm typing, awkward...
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
Hehehe, Shadowmom has graced us with her presence! I think Ayeaka pretty much got it all! If you want to know more, then feel free to ping me!
Hehehe, Shadowmom has graced us with her presence! I think Ayeaka pretty much got it all! If you want to know more, then feel free to ping me!
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
WELP.
SHADOWBINDER JUST POSTED ON YOUR BOARD.

Now you have no choice. There's no going back now!
WELP.
SHADOWBINDER JUST POSTED ON YOUR BOARD.

Now you have no choice. There's no going back now!
TOW2n3q.png
*pops into thread, faints from shock*

Lady @Shadowbinder Greetings! I am graced by Your presence, and most grateful for the rewards You have bestowed upon my Clan! It was a hard battle, long-fought, but one undertaken with songs of glory in our maws, and we thank You for Your bounty. We're very excited to visit Your lands, and are working diligently to earn the fare. We will see You soon!

*takes deep breath, tries to calm over-excited nerves*

@Ayeaka @malatruse @Suicidalpickles @SugarBones @qwertypi303

Thanks so much, folks! Shadow sounds like a fun place. I appreciate a friendly, low-drama community, and I'm really looking forward to making the switch :D Time to sell all the things for gems! XD

Also, SugarBones, as always when I see that forum vista, I get all wistful and daydreamy hahaha I think it's my official FR Impossible Dream XD
*pops into thread, faints from shock*

Lady @Shadowbinder Greetings! I am graced by Your presence, and most grateful for the rewards You have bestowed upon my Clan! It was a hard battle, long-fought, but one undertaken with songs of glory in our maws, and we thank You for Your bounty. We're very excited to visit Your lands, and are working diligently to earn the fare. We will see You soon!

*takes deep breath, tries to calm over-excited nerves*

@Ayeaka @malatruse @Suicidalpickles @SugarBones @qwertypi303

Thanks so much, folks! Shadow sounds like a fun place. I appreciate a friendly, low-drama community, and I'm really looking forward to making the switch :D Time to sell all the things for gems! XD

Also, SugarBones, as always when I see that forum vista, I get all wistful and daydreamy hahaha I think it's my official FR Impossible Dream XD
1 2 3 4 5