Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Chest Challenge 2015
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 127 128
Chest Challenge 2015

So after the great feedback and turn out I had for my Great Chest Opening, I thought I'd start a site wide challenge and group for it! It was nice doing it on my own, and all, but it's so much better when you have people to share experiences with!

The Challenges

Basic
Do not open any chests obtained through familiars until Jan 1st, 2016
You may open chests found through digging, in the coli and during festivals.
You may open treasure packs.
You may sell food/material/other items.

Intermediate
Do not open any chests obtained through Familiars until Jan 1st, 2016
Do not open any chests obtained through digging, in the coli or during festivals until Jan 1st, 2016

Hard
Do not open any chests obtained through digging, in the coli or during festivals until Jan 1st, 2016
Do not open treasure packs until Jan 1st, 2016
Do not sell food/materials/other items until Jan 1st, 2016
All treasure obtained must be through exalting/fairgrounds/selling birthed dragons.
Reselling/Sniping is accepted!

Tips
Start with a clean hoard. I put all swipp items into my vault and hoard sold/AH sold the rest if possible or converted food. This makes understanding how much you actually obtain in a year really clear.
Put all chests in the vault as soon as you obtain them. Out of sight, out of mind. You would be shocked at how quickly they add up!
Treasure packs are cool. Get as many as possible.
Put awakened familiars in your hoard as soon as they hit awakened status. Cycle in non-awakened familiars as often as possible.
If possible, bond with all familiars every day. Keep two tabs open; your change familiar tab and the corresponding dragon. Select familiar, refresh dragon page, bond, select familiar, refresh dragon page, etc. It takes me 5 minutes and it is really worth it. There were days were I received 10 gilded chests this way.

Stats
I opened 1124 total chests. I ended up with 3 471 986 Treasure and 3 349 gems.
I obtained 21 pages of apparel.
I obtained 8 pages of Familiars.

Useful things!
Gaia created this excellent spreadsheet to help keep track of items in your hoard!

*Strange Chests from Dec 2014/Jan 2015 do not count, please remember to open them by Jan 4th. We will tally all strange chests during Dec 2015 toward our final tallies!
**There is no time limit on when you can join! If you want to join and it's June, nothing is stopping you.
***Clarification on yes you can sell dragons you breed
****Added in the fact that you can resell/snipe items to sell! I never thought of it when I created this as it wasn't an aspect of the game I cared about or did. But I realized that for others this is a huge part of income. So all items bought in the MP or AH can be resold. :) It's just items you obtain through gathering/coli that can not be sold!
*****If you're unsure of anything, ping me!
******This is only a guide. It is not meant to be something hard set and feel free to bend the rules how you like so you can continue playing the game mostly how you like, with only a bit of a difference!
Chest Challenge 2015

So after the great feedback and turn out I had for my Great Chest Opening, I thought I'd start a site wide challenge and group for it! It was nice doing it on my own, and all, but it's so much better when you have people to share experiences with!

The Challenges

Basic
You may open chests found through digging, in the coli and during festivals.

Intermediate
Do not open any chests obtained through Familiars until Jan 1st, 2016

Hard
Do not open treasure packs until Jan 1st, 2016
Do not sell food/materials/other items until Jan 1st, 2016
All treasure obtained must be through exalting/fairgrounds/selling birthed dragons.
Reselling/Sniping is accepted!

Tips
Start with a clean hoard. I put all swipp items into my vault and hoard sold/AH sold the rest if possible or converted food. This makes understanding how much you actually obtain in a year really clear.
Put all chests in the vault as soon as you obtain them. Out of sight, out of mind. You would be shocked at how quickly they add up!
Treasure packs are cool. Get as many as possible.
Put awakened familiars in your hoard as soon as they hit awakened status. Cycle in non-awakened familiars as often as possible.
If possible, bond with all familiars every day. Keep two tabs open; your change familiar tab and the corresponding dragon. Select familiar, refresh dragon page, bond, select familiar, refresh dragon page, etc. It takes me 5 minutes and it is really worth it. There were days were I received 10 gilded chests this way.

Stats
I opened 1124 total chests. I ended up with 3 471 986 Treasure and 3 349 gems.
I obtained 21 pages of apparel.
I obtained 8 pages of Familiars.

Useful things!
Gaia created this excellent spreadsheet to help keep track of items in your hoard!

*Strange Chests from Dec 2014/Jan 2015 do not count, please remember to open them by Jan 4th. We will tally all strange chests during Dec 2015 toward our final tallies!
**There is no time limit on when you can join! If you want to join and it's June, nothing is stopping you.
***Clarification on yes you can sell dragons you breed
****Added in the fact that you can resell/snipe items to sell! I never thought of it when I created this as it wasn't an aspect of the game I cared about or did. But I realized that for others this is a huge part of income. So all items bought in the MP or AH can be resold. :) It's just items you obtain through gathering/coli that can not be sold!
*****If you're unsure of anything, ping me!
******This is only a guide. It is not meant to be something hard set and feel free to bend the rules how you like so you can continue playing the game mostly how you like, with only a bit of a difference!
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
Members/Difficulty

The Spreadsheet below has been locked. All members must send me a PM with their email so I can give them access. This should hopefully stop any trolling or damaging the sheet in the future. However if this continues after these measures, I will have to take more drastic measures and either remove the use of the sheet entirely or ban the user(s) that have trolled the sheet from this challenge. I do not want to do either of these things and it will be a last resort.

Please Enter Yourself into this Spreadsheet

Current total members: 79
Members/Difficulty

The Spreadsheet below has been locked. All members must send me a PM with their email so I can give them access. This should hopefully stop any trolling or damaging the sheet in the future. However if this continues after these measures, I will have to take more drastic measures and either remove the use of the sheet entirely or ban the user(s) that have trolled the sheet from this challenge. I do not want to do either of these things and it will be a last resort.

Please Enter Yourself into this Spreadsheet

Current total members: 79
Pinglist for new thread: [code]@MochaMiel [/code]
Pinglist for new thread:
Code:
Pinglist

See Spreadsheet!
Pinglist

See Spreadsheet!
Have your own Chest Challenge Thread? Let me know and I'll link it here!

Banners/Signature images
Have your own Chest Challenge Thread? Let me know and I'll link it here!

Banners/Signature images
@ike9899 @Gaia @confidential
pinging a few people I know were interested/following suit. If you know of any more, please ping them!
@ike9899 @Gaia @confidential
pinging a few people I know were interested/following suit. If you know of any more, please ping them!
AHHH! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!! ♥

@CountofCasualty: Count me in! I'm debating though, whether I'm going for a hard challenge and include all the food, materials, swipp items, or just chests.. (with regards to my sales thread). But I'm definitely going to try not opening any chests, excluding the Strange Chests. c: I may just make a copy of all the items I currently possess and compare it next year (I already keep track of all my items, in a nifty spreadsheet, so a simply printscreen of the overview page should do. c: )

Anyways the challenge is on!! ^_^
AHHH! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!! ♥

@CountofCasualty: Count me in! I'm debating though, whether I'm going for a hard challenge and include all the food, materials, swipp items, or just chests.. (with regards to my sales thread). But I'm definitely going to try not opening any chests, excluding the Strange Chests. c: I may just make a copy of all the items I currently possess and compare it next year (I already keep track of all my items, in a nifty spreadsheet, so a simply printscreen of the overview page should do. c: )

Anyways the challenge is on!! ^_^
@CountofCasualty
Been toying with the idea of doing this and decided to do it!
On the Intermediate level, please. (I usually go for hard, but I need to sell stuff normally too haha)
@CountofCasualty
Been toying with the idea of doing this and decided to do it!
On the Intermediate level, please. (I usually go for hard, but I need to sell stuff normally too haha)
Gammass.gif
@CountofCasualty Doing this on hard mode, but i have two questions. If i have strange chests, can i open those before the 5th, so they don't disintegrate? also, the grand opening will be next new years, correct?
@CountofCasualty Doing this on hard mode, but i have two questions. If i have strange chests, can i open those before the 5th, so they don't disintegrate? also, the grand opening will be next new years, correct?
@Ike9899 strange chests don't count for current tallies since they disintegrate. We'll do a tally of them for the next event before new years.

And yes, the grand opening will be Jan 1st, 2016. I'll throw that into the post.
@Ike9899 strange chests don't count for current tallies since they disintegrate. We'll do a tally of them for the next event before new years.

And yes, the grand opening will be Jan 1st, 2016. I'll throw that into the post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 127 128