Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where did 'Mirror' come from?
1 2
[quote name="IndigoCrow" date="2015-01-01 18:51:46"]You know how they have two sets of eyes? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an admin somewhere (might've been Undel?) say that, in an early design, they used to have two sets of wings, two tails(?), extra legs, etc.... and the double-ness was the reason for the name. Although the current design doesn't reflect it, the name stuck anyway.[/quote] I remember hearing about this as well. Apparently the idea was so ugly in drawing that they scrapped everything but the eyes?
IndigoCrow wrote on 2015-01-01 18:51:46:
You know how they have two sets of eyes? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an admin somewhere (might've been Undel?) say that, in an early design, they used to have two sets of wings, two tails(?), extra legs, etc.... and the double-ness was the reason for the name. Although the current design doesn't reflect it, the name stuck anyway.

I remember hearing about this as well. Apparently the idea was so ugly in drawing that they scrapped everything but the eyes?
@IndigoCrow, @Zenzic: That's interesting! I can see why they would just keep it at the two eyes - double of everything just seems too bulky to work properly.

@Kuhli: That's actually a pretty neat interpretation. I did think that maybe their scales happen to be a little more reflective than normal, but the reflecting eyes may make more sense.
@IndigoCrow, @Zenzic: That's interesting! I can see why they would just keep it at the two eyes - double of everything just seems too bulky to work properly.

@Kuhli: That's actually a pretty neat interpretation. I did think that maybe their scales happen to be a little more reflective than normal, but the reflecting eyes may make more sense.
Seeker
[quote name="IndigoCrow" date="2015-01-01 18:51:46"]You know how they have two sets of eyes? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an admin somewhere (might've been Undel?) say that, in an early design, they used to have two sets of wings, two tails(?), extra legs, etc.... and the double-ness was the reason for the name. Although the current design doesn't reflect it, the name stuck anyway.[/quote] This answer is true. Undel confirmed it a few months ago, though I can't find the specific thread (and Google isn't helping). Apparently the design looked really strange, so they scrapped everything except the double eyes. Edit: Found it [quote=Undel]Mirrors are called mirrors because they initially had a lot more duplicate body parts (in their initial sketch they had two sets of eyes, two tails, two sets of wings, and two sets of front legs.) Since so many body parts were duplicated/mirrored, they were called mirror dragons. The name stuck even after we opted not to have them have all the extras. :)[/quote]
You know how they have two sets of eyes? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an admin somewhere (might've been Undel?) say that, in an early design, they used to have two sets of wings, two tails(?), extra legs, etc.... and the double-ness was the reason for the name. Although the current design doesn't reflect it, the name stuck anyway.

This answer is true. Undel confirmed it a few months ago, though I can't find the specific thread (and Google isn't helping). Apparently the design looked really strange, so they scrapped everything except the double eyes.

Edit: Found it
Undel wrote:
Mirrors are called mirrors because they initially had a lot more duplicate body parts (in their initial sketch they had two sets of eyes, two tails, two sets of wings, and two sets of front legs.) Since so many body parts were duplicated/mirrored, they were called mirror dragons. The name stuck even after we opted not to have them have all the extras. :)
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[url=http://neondragon.deviantart.com/art/Mirror-Dragons-77340438]From Undel's deviantart:[/url] [quote]They are called Mirror dragons because Akiri and I agreed wanted the design to be based on multiples. Dual tail, 4 arms, 4 eyes, 4 wings... all sorta... "mirrored". The thing is the dragon looked fugly so we ditched all the multiples save the eyes. >.>; And Flight Rising is a project we are working on but more information is not currently available. We want a the project to be farther along before we begin seriously teasing people with it.[/quote]
From Undel's deviantart:
Quote:
They are called Mirror dragons because Akiri and I agreed wanted the design to be based on multiples. Dual tail, 4 arms, 4 eyes, 4 wings... all sorta... "mirrored". The thing is the dragon looked fugly so we ditched all the multiples save the eyes. >.>; And Flight Rising is a project we are working on but more information is not currently available. We want a the project to be farther along before we begin seriously teasing people with it.
@starsystems

A-ha! Thanks for finding the exact quote.
@starsystems

A-ha! Thanks for finding the exact quote.
ctFAI4k.gif
@IndigoCrow : omg your avatar hypnotize me!

On topic.. I remember seeing a lot of mirrors on neondragon's deviantart way before I know flght rising (and she wasn't state it is for fr too so maybe they born before fr idea come to play?). When first I see a pair of them together I do think of 'shadowy' and 'mirrory'.
@IndigoCrow : omg your avatar hypnotize me!

On topic.. I remember seeing a lot of mirrors on neondragon's deviantart way before I know flght rising (and she wasn't state it is for fr too so maybe they born before fr idea come to play?). When first I see a pair of them together I do think of 'shadowy' and 'mirrory'.
shopT.gifIAVsupb.pngy7TyMJF.png
as i recall, mirrors came from plaguemama's diseased bosom
don't u guys read the lore

nah im jk tho that rly is a good question.
as i recall, mirrors came from plaguemama's diseased bosom
don't u guys read the lore

nah im jk tho that rly is a good question.
I always assumed it was the double pair of eyes. Now I am curious to see what the original concept looked like, cos it actually sounds pretty cool.
I always assumed it was the double pair of eyes. Now I am curious to see what the original concept looked like, cos it actually sounds pretty cool.
tumblr_ns95r4gyIn1u5zwh0o1_500.png
[quote name="Mikki" date="2015-01-01 19:35:18" ] [quote name="IndigoCrow" date="2015-01-01 18:51:46"]You know how they have two sets of eyes? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an admin somewhere (might've been Undel?) say that, in an early design, they used to have two sets of wings, two tails(?), extra legs, etc.... and the double-ness was the reason for the name. Although the current design doesn't reflect it, the name stuck anyway.[/quote] I remember hearing about this as well. Apparently the idea was so ugly in drawing that they scrapped everything but the eyes? [/quote] Not only that, but I doubt that it would even be functional. Plague's about survival right? I don't think Plaguebringer would design a breed that has such an atrocious anatomy that renders it unable move around properly and survive. Edit: wait, this is a necro? Why did I see it in the front page?
Mikki wrote on 2015-01-01 19:35:18:

I remember hearing about this as well. Apparently the idea was so ugly in drawing that they scrapped everything but the eyes?

Not only that, but I doubt that it would even be functional. Plague's about survival right? I don't think Plaguebringer would design a breed that has such an atrocious anatomy that renders it unable move around properly and survive.

Edit: wait, this is a necro? Why did I see it in the front page?
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible